Re: The TRUTH behind rumors PayPal can remove $2,500 from your account if it thinks you're spreading misinformation

Embrace Woke Go Broke!

Oct 15, 2022, 8:40:11 AM10/15/22
In article <smerm4$dbp$3...@news.dns-netz.com>
governo...@gmail.com wrote:

> Looks like it's time to cancel paypal.
> I just deleted my cards from the paypal account.

PayPal has introduced a new policy, which allows the finance
company to directly debit up to $2,500 for spreading
'misinformation'

SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA: The financial services company, PayPal has
introduced a new policy that will enable it to sanction users
fines up to $2.500 per offense if found guilty of advancing
purported "misinformation." In other words, it also means those
individuals who present a risk to the user "wellbeing." PayPal
is not new to crackdown against organizations and individual
commentators when it comes to their political views. The latest
update will be applicable from November 3, and will expand its
"existing list of prohibited activities."

It will now keep an incessant tab on "the sending, posting, or
publication of any messages, content, or materials that promote
misiformation" or "present a risk to user safety or wellbeing."
The new policy further barred users from "the promotion of hate,
violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that are
discriminatory." Deliberation will be made at the "sole
discretion’" of PayPal and may subject the users to "damages,"
which include controversial removal of $2,500 "debited directly
from user’s PayPal account" per offence, as per The Daily Wire.
The finance company reasoned that the number was decided
considering administrative cost of tracking violations and
damage to the company’s reputation.

Aaron Terr, a senior program officer at the Foundation for
Individual Rights and Expression, reflected on PayPal's new
policy, “Under existing law, PayPal has the ability as a private
company to implement this type of viewpoint-discriminatory
policy.” He added, “Whatever motivation PayPal has for
establishing these vague new categories of prohibited
expression, they will almost certainly have a severe chilling
effect on users’ speech. As is often the case with ill-defined
and viewpoint-discriminatory speech codes, those with unpopular
or minority viewpoints will likely bear the brunt of these
restrictions.”

The decision came in the wake of PayPal’s decision to cancel
three accounts linked to Toby Young, a commentator who manages
the nonprofit ‘Free Speech Union’. The group has openly
supported comedian Russell Brand, who moved his show from
YouTube to Rumble due to censorship from the popular video site.

PayPal didn’t give a proper explanation for their action, other
than mentioning a "breach of the acceptable use policy," said
the report. However, the company succumbed under public pressure
and had to restore Brand’s account and apologize, reported The
Telegraph. Major platforms, including Amazon, Twitter, and
Facebook had too taken a strict stand in past, against
conservatives and other elements who opt for heterodox positions
on controversial social issues.

Especially, against transgenderism, and homosexuality, platforms
such as GoFundMe confiscated millions of funds raised for
trucker protests in Canada that were supposed to take place
earlier this year. Jeremy Tedesco, vice president of corporate
engagement at Alliance Defending Freedom said, “When companies
apply policies to restrict the religious speech of their
customers, they could run afoul of prohibitions on religious
discrimination that exist in many state and federal laws.”

Many PayPal users have slammed this decision and took to Twitter
to share their reactions. One user wrote, "Delete your #PayPal
account now." Another tweeted, "It’s not “misinformation”
#PayPal wants to censor, it’s dissent. I saw what they did to
the Canadian truckers, I see what they’re doing to independent
content creators. I’m closing out. I hope they get litigated
into oblivion." One wrote, "Surely this renders #Paypal
unusable? They will have sole discretion to charge you $2500 if
they believe you are funding anything 'objectionable' or
spreading 'misinformation'! Who could even contemplate taking
this risk?" Another reacted, "I didn’t need more reasons to
avoid #PayPal but here we go…"

Vielned
@vielned
·
Follow
Delete your #PayPal account now
Julia ????
@Jules31415
Replying to @Jules31415
Users are also barred from “the promotion of hate, violence,
racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory.”

Deliberations will be made at the “sole discretion” of PayPal &
may subject users to “damages”—including $2,500 “debited
directly from your PayPal account.”

Words are free ??
@sub_boo
·
Follow
It’s not “misinformation” #PayPal wants to censor, it’s dissent.
I saw what they did to the Canadian truckers, I see what they’re
doing to independent content creators. I’m closing out. I hope
they get litigated into oblivion.
Jack Posobiec ????
@JackPosobiec
New PayPal Policy Lets Company Pull $2,500 From Users’ Accounts
If They Promote ‘Misinformation’ https://dailywire.com/news/new-
paypal-policy-lets-company-pull-2500-from-users-accounts-if-they-
promote-misinformation

Ray Smith
@TheRealRolfster
·
Follow
Surely this renders #Paypal unusable? They will have sole
discretion to charge you $2500 if they believe you are funding
anything “objectionable” or spreading “misinformation”! Who
could even contemplate taking this risk?
1970Brat
@1970Brat
Replying to @stillgray

<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FejKAOcXgAEDkBo?format=jpg&name=sma
ll>

@BlueTar78
·
Follow
I didn’t need more reasons to avoid #PayPal but here we go…
Dr. Carol M. Swain
@carolmswain
New #PayPal Policy Lets Company Pull $2,500 From Users’ Accounts
If They Promote ‘Misinformation’ | The Daily Wire
https://dailywire.com/news/new-paypal-policy-lets-company-pull-
2500-from-users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

Other individuals and groups PayPal had sanctioned recently
include Gays Against Groomers, a group known for opposing the
sexualization of children, Colin Wright, an evolutionary
biologist, and Ian Miles Cheong, a journalist.

https://meaww.com/truth-behind-rumors-pay-pal-can-remove-2-500-
from-account

--
The average millenial wokster has over $100,000.00 in credit
card debt.

Woksters are too lazy to work and have no money except for what
they leech from their parents, trust funds, welfare, or do-
gooder handouts.

Many woksters sign their lives away for $600 a month and an EBT
card, claiming they are mentally incompetent and cannot handle
their own personal affairs.

Individuals who voluntarily affirm that they are mentally
incompetent should also forfeit their right to vote.

Woksters have similar numbers to homosexuals and constitute
perhaps 3% of the US population.

What strategic business principle sees profit in this kind of
market prospect?

What reasonable consumer would support a business with woke
philosophies and policies?