The 1.1 Club(in formation with Graham Berry)

GrahamEB

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

Joe Harrington and others prompted an idea in this supposedly limpwristed
1.1,covertly hostile and incapable of any wins-by tech definition.

At grah...@aol.com I am receiving applications for membership in :

THE 1.1 CLUB

There will be three levels of membership that you can apply for:

1. ACTIVE members

Experienced 1.1's who are engaged in the struggle against the current
leadership of the Scientology Organization.

2.PASSIVE members

The current leadership of the Scientology Organization which gets publicly
buggered before breakfast on a daily basis.

3.HONORARY members

Supportive straights(hetrosexuals)who enjoy the idea,even if not the
sight,of the active 1.1's buggering the passive 1.1's before breakfast on
a daily basis-and who are also engaged in the struggle against the
Scientology Organization.

Nominations,movers and seconders,for passive membership candidates are
especially encouraged to respond.The fact that most of the potential
passive members would turn a real active member straight is
irrelevant-although Garry Scarff has been trying to romance Mike
Rinder,who blushes every time Garry remarks about his posterior(butt).

Actually,I was in a meeting with Rick Moxon last Thursday.In his
inimicable style he suddenly said "Berry.Lower your tone.I got up. Leaned
across the table.looked right into his eyes and said:"I'm 1.1.I can't get
much lower on the tone scale!"Curiously, the wonderful Stacy Young tells
me that Mox can be a real hoot socially.That is a side of the Scieno pit
bull that I have never seen.

Anyway,Mr.Moxon(I'm plain Berry to him)would appear to be a candidate for
passive membership(perish the thought)if someone would care to nominate
and second his candidacy.

Graham E. Berry a/k/a TGOD/aka The Ghost Of Duke/aka plain Duke.

PS.Active membership applications will be 'handled' in confidence-so if
TC(Tom Cruise) and John Travolta-my client Paul Barressi's "friend",wish
to apply for membership then we will protect their privacy-unlike the
Cult.

Message has been deleted

Joe Harrington

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

MikeSmith3 wrote:

> On 12 May 1997 08:25:26 GMT, grah...@aol.com (GrahamEB) wrote:
>
> >Joe Harrington and others prompted an idea in this supposedly
> >limpwristed 1.1,covertly hostile and incapable of any wins-by
> >tech definition.
>
> C:\>haringtn\others\grahameb\brain\idea1.1
>
> (Berry's paths)
>
> C:\>wolr$hm\suckers\cash.dll

> >At grah...@aol.com I am receiving applications for membership in :
> >
> >THE 1.1 CLUB
> >
> >There will be three levels of membership that you can apply for:
> >
> >1. ACTIVE members
>
> Genetic "factory seconds" and "irregulars"only.

If Mikey joins now, he gets a free sit in the hot tub with Graham and
some of the other guys.

Joe

MikeSmith3

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

RonsAmigo

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

GrahamEB <grah...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970512082...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> Joe Harrington and others prompted an idea in this supposedly
limpwristed
> 1.1,covertly hostile and incapable of any wins-by tech definition.
>
> At grah...@aol.com I am receiving applications for membership in :
>
> THE 1.1 CLUB
>
> There will be three levels of membership that you can apply for:
>
> 1. ACTIVE members
>
> Experienced 1.1's who are engaged in the struggle against the current
> leadership of the Scientology Organization.

Hey Graham,

Great idea. I'm sure many of the other ARS 1.1 critics would be happy
to join your "1.1 Club." The idea of being, "in formation with Graham
Berry"
probably turns many of them on. However, most of these boys are well
over 15 and may prove to be a big disappointment to you. (If indeed the
anon reports are true)

If you are to be the founder of the 1.1 Club, I think it is important that

you present your bonafides. As founder you should establish yourself
as a "1.1's, 1.1", and not just an ordinary homosexual. We've heard
reports
from anon sources, but that's not good enough. Have you got the guts
to be a "1.1's, 1.1?" Lest others question whether you really have what
it takes to be the illustrious founder, show some strength here, Graham.
Tell us all in your own words. Are the anon reports about your "walks on
the wild side" with underage young men true?

Come on Graham, we can handle it. Give us all the gory details.
In many newsgroups, such activities would be seen as a serious
character flaw at the least. But this isn't any old newsgroup. This is
ARS! You are with friends here who love you unconditionally! (as long
as you're a rabid anti-Scientologist of course)

Hell, you could become the God of ARS in one foul swoop!

Amigo

Joe Harrington

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

Joe Harrington wrote:

> MikeSmith3 wrote:
> >
> > On 12 May 1997 08:25:26 GMT, grah...@aol.com (GrahamEB) wrote:
> >
> > >Joe Harrington and others prompted an idea in this supposedly
> > >limpwristed 1.1,covertly hostile and incapable of any wins-by
> > >tech definition.
> >
> > C:\>haringtn\others\grahameb\brain\idea1.1
> >
> > (Berry's paths)
> >
> > C:\>wolr$hm\suckers\cash.dll
> >
> > >At grah...@aol.com I am receiving applications for membership in :
> > >
> > >THE 1.1 CLUB
> > >
> > >There will be three levels of membership that you can apply for:
> > >
> > >1. ACTIVE members
> >
> > Genetic "factory seconds" and "irregulars"only.
>
> If Mikey joins now, he gets a free sit in the hot tub with Graham and
> some of the other guys.
>
> Joe

Mikey should bring his little amigo Ron'sAmigo too! Wear something cute
and tight, and don't forget to bring your DA packs...

Joe

Joe

Paul

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

RonsAmigo wrote:
> Come on Graham, we can handle it. Give us all the gory details.
> In many newsgroups, such activities would be seen as a serious
> character flaw at the least. But this isn't any old newsgroup. This is
> ARS! You are with friends here who love you unconditionally! (as long
> as you're a rabid anti-Scientologist of course)

Considering that:

a) these allegations are anonymously posted
b) the source of the allegations is almost certainly the Church of
Scientology[tm]
c) we have seen dozens such DA packs posted to this newsgroup
previously--all of which have later proven to be false

Why should we assume any differently with this DA pack? Do you have any
evidence that any of these allegations is true?

Personally, I found the DA pack disgusting, not because of what it said,
but because of what it revealed about the person(s) who prepared it. I
have shown these DA packs to my friends in the past and I tell them that
they are prepared by the Church of Scientology[tm] with the express
purpose of harassing those who criticize them. They are appalled, as am
I, that a religion, any religion, would stoop to such disgusting
behavior.

-Paul

Rob Clark

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

mikes...@aol.com (MikeSmith3) wrote:

>>1. ACTIVE members

heh heh. he said "members."

>Genetic "factory seconds" and "irregulars"only.

what, mikey? clam got your tongue? bitter over the
whopping $480,000.00 your cult coughed up, pleading and
begging that graham's filings not go on record?

is this all your cult can do? froth impotently in
little baby-tantrums?

rob

Garry Scarff

May 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/14/97
to Grady Ward

I whole-heartedly nominate Herr Miscavige to the 1.1 Club. One question
though: does 1.1 stand for cock size or IQ?

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Grady Ward wrote:

> On Mon, 12 May 1997 17:11:05 GMT, hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson) wrote:

> >GrahamEB (grah...@aol.com) wrote:
> >: Joe Harrington and others prompted an idea in this supposedly limpwristed
> >: 1.1,covertly hostile and incapable of any wins-by tech definition.
> >

> >: At grah...@aol.com I am receiving applications for membership in :
> >
> >: THE 1.1 CLUB
> >
> >snip
> >
> >: 2.PASSIVE members
> >
> >: The current leadership of the Scientology Organization which gets publicly

> >: buggered before breakfast on a daily basis.
> >
> >: 3.HONORARY members
> >
> >: Supportive straights(hetrosexuals)who enjoy the idea,even if not the
> >: sight,of the active 1.1's buggering the passive 1.1's before breakfast on

> >: a daily basis-and who are also engaged in the struggle against the
> >: Scientology Organization.
> >
> >ROTFLMAO! Keith Henson
> >

> Yeah, I love a "sub" for breakfast.
>
> Cocksucker Hogan excluded.
> He is just too gross to even contemplate getting my dick near.

Richard

May 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/14/97

Joe Harrington wrote:

> MikeSmith3 wrote:
> >
> > On 12 May 1997 08:25:26 GMT, grah...@aol.com (GrahamEB) wrote:
> >
> > >Joe Harrington and others prompted an idea in this supposedly
> > >limpwristed 1.1,covertly hostile and incapable of any wins-by
> > >tech definition.
> >
> > C:\>haringtn\others\grahameb\brain\idea1.1
> >
> > (Berry's paths)
> >
> > C:\>wolr$hm\suckers\cash.dll
> >
> > >At grah...@aol.com I am receiving applications for membership in :
> > >
> > >THE 1.1 CLUB
> > >
> > >There will be three levels of membership that you can apply for:
> > >
> > >1. ACTIVE members
> >
> > Genetic "factory seconds" and "irregulars"only.
>
> If Mikey joins now, he gets a free sit in the hot tub with Graham and
> some of the other guys.
>
> Joe

So then, at last, they can get to attain the state of 'homo novis' as
Ronnie postulated for them in Dianetics ?

Always wondered about that ...

Ron works in mysterious ways !

--
"Haven't done OTIII.... a Preclear following the Grade Chart
in a Scientology organization would not be exposed to upper

See for FREE what he's getting set-up to spend hundreds of
thousands of dollars for at http://home.sol.no/heldal/CoS/

Richard I
Informed by the Net

Martin Hunt

May 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/15/97

In article <Pine.GSO.3.96.970514234513.7884C-100000@shell>,
Garry Scarff <exg...@iag.net> popped a psych pill and spake thusly:

>I whole-heartedly nominate Herr Miscavige to the 1.1 Club. One question
>though: does 1.1 stand for cock size or IQ?

Height, in metric: 1.1 metres.

So, I had this idea to do an interview with you via email, now you're
on the net; how about it?

I said, (you just missed it):

***

You know, I often feel that new ex-scn posters to ars end up kind of
"wasted", if that's possible, in flame-wars and unnecessary internecine
warfare.

I've been thinking that perhaps a more formal interview with questions
and answers back and forth could be arranged to set the groundwork and
tap into the store of information each new ex-scn poster brings to
the newsgroup, after which the debates or flames could proceed as
usual.

The ideal way of doing this would be either a lengthy email exchange
of questions and answers and follow-ups, with the resultant interview
being both posted and webbed.

If Garry is amenable to this idea (or anyone else, for that matter),
I'd be willing to take it on. Someone with more money might like
to take this up over the phone, recording and transcribing the
call. A one-hour call can produce an immense amount of material.
An email exchange has a few advantages in the time and consideration
given to replies, and the chance to make corrections and check
facts. Also, there's no chance of misunderstanding or misquoting,
as might happen with tape recordings.

***

To which anima said:

Martin-- I think this is a wonderful idea, for whatever that's worth. And
yes, I think you would do an excellent job of starting off with Mr.
Scarff. But for all the flames back and forth already, I actually do not
know much about how he got involved in the cult, what he did for them, and
why he changed sides or what the result of that change has been. And most
important, in some ways, I'd love to have some good idea of just what dirt
he knows, just what crimes he personally witnessed or heard about from the
participants while he was in. And then, of course, an update on his
current situation is important as well.

***

Then I said:

Well I hope he reads this and is willing to do this. The usual pattern
is for notable ex-scn to come on, notable ex-scn to be flamed by
critics and DA/ed by OSA and get lost in personal battles, notable
ex-scn to leave without really sharing much of what they know about
Scientology. Look what happened with the Mayos, for example; what a
waste of one of the most knowledgeable couples in the world on this
subject. I think Dennis has largely gone wasted here as well, with
far too many personal battles, flames, and all-too-brief comments
about scn. I'd love to see serious exchanges focused on one topic,
one aspect of Scientology, but these are rare here. What I'm saying is
that the content on the newsgroup could be improved, which I think
is pretty obvious. I don't expect the content here to be as good
as that on the web, but considering that most of the things on the web
came through here first, maybe we could get something going here
along these lines. I think this is scn's worst nightmare, that
people here will engage in long, cool, reasoned discussions about
Scientology. Consider what Rogue Agent's posts were like; then consider
what was done to him. I believe ranters and flamers are ignored as
low priority targets, while the most serious and level-headed posters
discussing important aspects of the cult are in for a rough time.

***

And another person commented in email:

I saw your post on ars with the most Excellent idea of asking
former members, etc, interview-style, about their experiences
- this being a response to the apparent imminent appearance
of Gary Scarff. You are quite correct, a fair megaton of
potential info is lost in the flame wars, and so much doesn't
get said, just because people get caught up in trying to defend
themselves.

***

So, what do you say? [p/m]

--
Cogito, ergo sum. Just the FAQs: http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282

"If you met someone who confided in you that his body was full of the
souls of dead space aliens - thousands of them, giving him bad thoughts
and body pains and that he was getting them to go away by communicating
with them telepathically and getting them to remember a time 4
quadrillion years ago when a cherub rushes out at them and blew a
trumpet and also getting them to remember when they were frozen in
alcohol and glycol, shipped to Earth in DC-8 space planes, placed around
the base of a volcano and nuked, and if this person also confided in you
that people should hurry up and remove these alien souls to give them
more mind-power to resist an alien invasion by Marcabs - then you would
be correct in thinking that this person was mentally ill.

"You would also be correct in thinking that this person was a
Scientologist." - Roland.

Rod Keller

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97

Anima (an...@io.com) wrote:
: Hmm. Just where ARE these 17 volumes, then?

www.whidbey.net/~skyhawk/cos

--
Rod Keller / rke...@voicenet.com
Black Hat #1 / Expert of the Toilet / Golden Gate Bridge Club

Garry Scarff

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97
to Anima

That makes alot of sense??? It's OK to attack & degrade, but to defend is
to err. If you haven't heard, the Iron Curtain collapsed. Get with it!
If you don't like my posts, go somewhere else. I doubt you'd be missed!

Martin Hunt

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97

In article <anima.8...@xanadu.io.com>,
an...@io.com (Anima) popped a psych pill and spake thusly:

>And I say this who has so far kept silent about such all
>too frequent net abuse in this very newsgroup as people posting with
>signatures a dozen times longer than their average message, signatures
>three or four or more times longer than standard net practice.

I apologize for my signature; it is insanely long. I'm basically
left with either using "}" as a quote character, having an insanely
long sig, or losing about half my email and posts when an unpack
fails due to one post going over the limit. :-)

I miss the freenet. Better feed, no dropped posts, perfecting
quoting and posting every time, and sigs are limited, wisely,
to the standard four lines. Net abuse has become so customary
no one seems to care about it anymore. Alec's postmaster can
do no better than write to me and threaten to write to my ISP
for having the temerity to complain to him about the abuse by
one of his users, abuse that can do serious damage, but no one
cares any more. We should just cut him some slack, and cut off
ars access to 50,000 NCF freeneters (as they don't carry binary
newsgroups, and this includes newsgroups that are meant to
be for text, like ars, but which commonly have binaries in them),
and to hell with the folks who lose 20 emails a couple days posts
because of binaries here. WTF, I think I'll just join in, and
start posting binaries too. What do you prefer, folks, uuencoded
or mpacked?

--
Cogito, ergo sum. Just the FAQs: http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282

"The colour, variety, emotion, passion, vehemence, nastines, incoherence,
conflict, courage, humour, inanity, insanity is what makes ars what it
is. Ars has given me a detailed education in the power and the passion
of the net. Thank you ars!" - Bernard Rooney

Ex Mudder

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97

Garry Scarff <exg...@iag.net> wrote:

<plonk>
Welcome to my kill file. You won't be missed.
Say hi to Bernie, Diane, and Koos while you are there.

$cientology: Their Karma has run over their Dogma on the
Information Superhighway.

Steve A

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97

[p/m]

On Fri, 16 May 1997 19:45:54 -0400, Garry Scarff <exg...@iag.net>
wrote:

> That makes alot of sense??? It's OK to attack & degrade, but to defend is
> to err. If you haven't heard, the Iron Curtain collapsed. Get with it!
> If you don't like my posts, go somewhere else. I doubt you'd be missed!

Coming from someone arrived as recently as you, Garry, that is hardly
an appropriate response.

I presume that you are here because you have something to say? In
which case, would you not consider it a good idea to try and ensure
the entire readership of the newsgroup hasn't killfiled you before you
even start? Because, with the best will in the world, Garry, that is
what is happening.

I suggest, strongly, that you take a step back and spend a few days
lurking to get a feel of what is going on: to the uninitiated, Usenet
can be a peculiar and confusing world, with its own inexplicable rules
and customs. Those rules and customs are there for sound social and
technical reasons, and anybody thinking of breaking them is going to
need a DAMN good reason and flameproof undergarments. For example, the
prohibition against posting binaries to non-binary newsgroups has to
do with the fact that binaries are generally large and therefore
expensive to download for people who have to pay for their connect
time: remember that the news article _you_ upload once will be
downloaded tens of thousands of time, and one inappropriately posted
binary can result in multi-megabytes of unrequired data. Hence the
rule about binaries.

Please take that step back, and give a thought to making a somewhat
less bombastic arrival. We'd love to hear from you, and to hear your
side of events, but it isn't going to go well for you if you succeed
in alienating the majority of people here: going on the reaction at
present, that is *exactly* what you are doing right now.

Think about it.

Practicing medicine without a licence? You decide.

"Step Four - Cures for Illness

You will now find BTs and clusters being cures for illnesses of the body
part. Handle all such BTs and clusters by blowing them off. "Cures for
Illness" will then cease to read.

--
Steve A, SP4, GGBC, KBM, Unsalvageable PTS/SP #12
So long, Arthur...

"...Your suppositions include an unwarranted accusation which
I do not consider myself called upon to address..."
- a nice line in diplomatic put-down from Swedish
A/G in response to letter of Warren McShane

William Barwell

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97

In article <33781F...@worldnet.att.net>,

Joe Harrington <joe...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>MikeSmith3 wrote:
>>
>> On 12 May 1997 08:25:26 GMT, grah...@aol.com (GrahamEB) wrote:
>>

>> >THE 1.1 CLUB
>> >
>> >There will be three levels of membership that you can apply for:
>> >
>> >1. ACTIVE members
>>
>> Genetic "factory seconds" and "irregulars"only.
>
>If Mikey joins now, he gets a free sit in the hot tub with Graham and
>some of the other guys.

Well if Mikey had been born earlier, he could have taken part in the
mutual masterbation black magik rituals with his hero L. Ron Hubbard and
black magician Jack Parsons.

Woo! Woo! Mikey! Quite a hero you have here.

Pope Charles
SubGenius Pope Of Houston
Slack!

Garry Scarff

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97
to dke...@best.com

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Ex Mudder wrote:

> Garry Scarff <exg...@iag.net> wrote:
>
> >That makes alot of sense??? It's OK to attack & degrade, but to defend is
> >to err. If you haven't heard, the Iron Curtain collapsed. Get with it!
> >If you don't like my posts, go somewhere else. I doubt you'd be missed!
> >

> <plonk>
> Welcome to my kill file. You won't be missed.
> Say hi to Bernie, Diane, and Koos while you are there.
>

> $cientology: Their Karma has run over their Dogma on the
> Information Superhighway.

You no like..you turn off! Bye..Bye.

Garry Scarff

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97
to Tilman Hausherr

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Tilman Hausherr wrote:

> In <19970512082...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, grah...@aol.com

> (GrahamEB) wrote:
>
> > and John Travolta-my client Paul Barressi's "friend",wish
>

> Oh. Wasn't this the guy who said that Travolta is gay?
>
> Paul Barressi, a former & very popular gay pornstar in the 70's/early
80's knows Travolta intimately because they had sex together (I can
imagine which one topped) and patronized a very well-known bathhouse in
Los Angeles. (Granted, what gay man wouldn't have wanted to get dicked
by Vinnie Barbarino.) Paul is now a successful porn film producer with
the Planet Productions Group in North Hollywood and still a very good
looking man that I would love to eat. (Sorry, Rinder)

Martin Hunt

May 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/18/97

In article <anima.8...@pentagon.io.com>,

an...@io.com (Anima) popped a psych pill and spake thusly:

>From: Garry Scarff <exg...@iag.net>
>To: Anima <an...@io.com>
>Subject: Re: The 1.1 Club(in formation with Graham Berry)
>
>That makes alot of sense??? It's OK to attack & degrade, but to defend is
>to err. If you haven't heard, the Iron Curtain collapsed. Get with it!
>If you don't like my posts, go somewhere else. I doubt you'd be missed!

Incorrect; I, for one, would miss Anima's intelligent posts here greatly.

But then, since ars is a big fat nothing in his eyes, perhaps Garry
should take his own advice:

Andreas: I'm not compelled to apologize since the last two times I did
so on the IRC I was attacked & degraded by Dennis & his merry friends, so
I ask you, what is the point? It's not hard to be attacked and kicked
around that's expected, but when it's coming from critics on the ARS
that's very strange & bothersome. It's enought to consider firing my
lawyer & settling with them. I can get on with my life, and the critics
of ARS can just keep babbling away....It's also very strange that I
can be whipped about like a bad puppy but you choose not to
criticize Erlich's conduct or that of his friends. Also, it's
interesting to read off-the-wall insults by posters whom don't know
you from a hill of beans. Thanks for welcoming me to ARS, guys!
Now I know why Rinder laughingly mocks the ARS. It ain't out of
fear, folks!

Let's get on with our babbling. ARS is just a laughing mockery, anyway,
and Dennis, Andreas, Anima, myself, and about half a dozen who felt
the flames of the person who wrote "I won't be getting into flamewars"
only two days ago can back to the useless waste of time this newsgroup
is, as he has kindly pointed out to us. Aaaaand the CNotM winna is!

It's enought to consider firing my lawyer & settling with them.

Wow. Truly impressive stupidity. And I see a few <plonks> already,
even the stalwart Cornelius Krasel has been annoyed, apparently
due to some anti-German bigotry about Nazis or some such. I can't
recall the last time I saw such an immoderate newbie here. Stunning
display, it really is. It deserves an award. I'm serious about this.

ttyl,
martin.