Did anyone get theFOIA- IRS internal C of S report?

michael pattinson

Jul 8, 2001, 6:32:43 PM7/8/01
I remember someone posted that they were doing a Freedom Of
Information Act (FOIA) application to get a copy of the internal IRS
report on the secret closing agreement with the IRS.
I would be fascinated to read it, so does anyone have one??
Love,
Michael.

Phil Scott

Jul 8, 2001, 9:19:10 PM7/8/01

I believe its been posted twice in the last two weeks.

>Love,
>Michael.

Tom

Jul 8, 2001, 9:43:39 PM7/8/01
kare...@aol.com (michael pattinson) wrote in message news:<a107a74a.01070...@posting.google.com>...

The secret deal is on the net, which names David Miscavige as "tax
compliance officer".

ThomLove

Jul 9, 2001, 3:33:01 AM7/9/01
Hi Phil;

I guess my reader misses it. What is it called so I can look directly
for it.

thomlove

michael pattinson

Jul 9, 2001, 7:45:19 PM7/9/01
ThomLove <thomlov...@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3B495E2D...@netscape.net>...

Actually, no. The secret agreement was investigated internally by the
IRS itself and a report was issued internally. I have the secret
agreement ( I even posted it here) but not (yet) the internal IRS
report on it.
Was it Kristi Wachter or someone doing an FOIA request on it???
Love, Michael.

spamfighter

Jul 10, 2001, 1:40:10 AM7/10/01

©Anti-Cult® - www.users.wineasy.se/noname/

Jul 10, 2001, 11:04:30 AM7/10/01
On 9 Jul 2001 22:40:10 -0700.
In Message-ID: <92c77dde.01070...@posting.google.com>
From: sfig...@hotmail.com (spamfighter).
Wrote on the subject: Re: Did anyone get theFOIA- IRS internal C of S
report?:

Yeah, that one has been posted here many times. That's not what was
asked for. What was asked for, was the report on the secret agreement,
and not the agreement itself.

SAZ

PR Series 12
PROPAGANDA BY REDEFINITION OF WORDS
[...]

"Psychiatry" and "psychiatrist" are easily redefined to mean "an
anti-social enemy of the people". This takes the kill crazy
psychiatrist off the preferred list of professions. This is a good use
of the technique as for a century the psychiatrist has been setting an
all time record for inhumanity to man. [...]

The way to redefine a word is to get the new *definition* repeated as
often as possible.

Thus it is necessary to redefine medicine, psychiatry, and psychology
downward and define Dianetics and Scientology upwards.

This, so for as words are concerned, is the public opinion battle for
belief in *your* definitions, and not those of the opposition.

A consistent, repeated effort is the key to any success with this
technique of propaganda.

One must know how to do it.

-- L. Ron Hubbard
HCOPL 5 Oct 1971
******* Body thetans? We don't need no stinking Body Thetans! *******
*********** http://www.users.wineasy.se/noname/index.htm ************
IRC #Scientology JavaChat http://www.users.wineasy.se/noname/irc.html
* Multimedia: http://www.users.wineasy.se/noname/multimed/index.htm *
******************* ze...@wineasy.se (Anti-Cult) ********************

michael pattinson

Jul 10, 2001, 2:49:10 PM7/10/01
sfig...@hotmail.com (spamfighter) wrote in message news:<92c77dde.01070...@posting.google.com>...
OK folks, this (below) is what I am talking about. Did anyone get a copy yet?
If so please email me at kare...@aol.com
Thanks!!

Search Result 8
From: Aokay (ao...@aokay.net)
Subject: FWD: Treasury report on IRS-Scientology finished -- but sealed
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
View complete thread (3 articles)
Date: 2001-04-16 21:52:04 PST

I haven't read a word of A.R.S. for several years but I had to drop in today to
try to find out more about this message which showed up on a totally unrelated
maling list. It looks like A.R.S. hasn't heard a word about this thing either.

The message follows:

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration has
completed an investigation report - ROI - Number 8-9801-0002
consisting of 123 pages of records. The report concerns the IRS
Inspector General investigation of the IRS Closing Agreement
with the Church of Scientology, as mentioned in IRS Press
Release IR-97-50, dated December 31, 1997.

Although TIGTA has thus far declined to provide a copy of this
investigation report -- it is allegedly too embarrassing to the
agency -- you can submit a request for a copy of the investigation
from:

Treasury Inspector General For Tax Administration
Attn: Disclosure Officer
IG:CC:D
1125 15th Street NW #700
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: 202-927-7059 or 202-927-3621

spamfighter

Jul 10, 2001, 5:17:20 PM7/10/01
?Anti-Cult? - www.users.wineasy.se/noname/ <Anti...@galacticfederation.homeip.net> wrote in message news:<r96mkt8l0jpg87ptk...@ARSCC.Sweden.Dep.OSA.Surveillance>...

> On 9 Jul 2001 22:40:10 -0700.
> In Message-ID: <92c77dde.01070...@posting.google.com>
> From: sfig...@hotmail.com (spamfighter).
> Wrote on the subject: Re: Did anyone get theFOIA- IRS internal C of S
> report?:
>
> >kare...@aol.com (michael pattinson) wrote in message news:<a107a74a.01070...@posting.google.com>...
> >> I remember someone posted that they were doing a Freedom Of
> >> Information Act (FOIA) application to get a copy of the internal IRS
> >> report on the secret closing agreement with the IRS.
> >> I would be fascinated to read it, so does anyone have one??
> >> Love,
> >> Michael.
> >
> >http://groups.google.com/groups?q=IRS+Scientology+closing+agreement&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=9&ic=1&selm=noringEM49Gq.Io6%40netcom.com
> >
> >sfig...@hotmail.com
>
> Yeah, that one has been posted here many times. That's not what was
> asked for. What was asked for, was the report on the secret agreement,
> and not the agreement itself.
>
> SAZ

Sorry. I just did a quick search and that was the closest I could
come up with in a short time.

sfig...@hotmail.com