Texas vet clinic settles claim for pressuring employees to join COS

kipper

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
Employment Law Weekly, Dec. 29, 1999:

An Arlington, Texas veterinary clinic agreed earlier this month to pay
$150,000 to six employees who claimed in a suit backed by the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that the company unlawfully
pressured employees to subscribe to beliefs of the Church of
Scientology (EEOC v. I-20 Animal Medical Center, N.D. Tex, 398CV2316-X,
settlement approved 12/2/99).

In a complaint filed Sept. 30 in the U.S. District Court for the
Northern District of Texas, EEOC alleged that I-20 Animal Medical
Center violated religious discrimination provisions of Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964. Specifically, the complaint charged that I-20
subjected non-scientologist employees to disparate treatment, failed to
reasonably accommodate the religious beliefs of non-scientologist
employees, and retaliated against workers who opposed what they
believed were unlawful employment practices.

Since at least Sept. 1, 1991, the complaint charged, I-20 intentionally
pressured employees to "conduct themselves in a manner consistent with
the teachings of the Church of Scientology and to participate in
religious activities, including, but not limited to,
religiously-influenced course-work." In addition, EEOC claimed, I-20
required employees to participate in religious activities in order to
be promoted to or retain management positions.

I-20 refused to excuse employees from religious activities, EEOC said,
and disregarded worker objections to the imposition of Scientology.
Employees who refused to participate in religious functions or
otherwise resisted religious pressures were subjected to discipline,
the complaint charged, including assignment to lesser tasks and
termination.

SETTLEMENT OUTLINES RELIEF
In a consent decree signed Dec. 2 by U.S. District Court Judge Joe
Kendall, I-20 denied any violations of Title VII but agreed to conduct
all future employment practices in a manner that does not subject any
employee to discrimination based on religion.

The company agreed to pay a total of $150,000 to six employees to
settle all compensatory, punitive, and other damages. Payment will be
sent to the employees in the form of separate cashiers’ checks in
amounts to be determined by EEOC.

I-20 also agreed that it will not condition pay raises, promotions, or
other job benefits on employee compliance with employer-imposed
religious teachings, and will not use religiously-influenced training
material. The company will also train employees on the requirements and
provisions of Title VII and post a notice outlining complaint
procedures on the company bulletin board.

Under the terms of the settlement, I-20 will remove all documents
related to charges of religious discrimination from employee personnel
files.

Marcab_4

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99

XENU RULEZ

L RON HOOVER wrote:

> Why do people like Scientology?

Because they don't Know the hidden and Nasty
truth of Co$

> The Scientology religion provides practical
> answers to the spiritual mysteries of life.

Is not a Religion, is a Scam!!!! and a
Psico-sect!
haaa, the mysteries of how your money disappear
of yours pockets

> A person of any background, of any race
or opinion can use Scientology®
> principles to make their own life better in
the here and now.

Nope, they are racist, sexist, and unilateral
UFO CULT!!!,
and they only want all money you have, borrow
or steal!

> Scientology enables people to be well
and happy.

Nope,
if you Think, you go to RPF [like nazi's
concentration camp] with leftovers of
rice and beans, and
when you can't think you leave RPF you become
brainwashed!!!

> It addresses you as a spiritual being
and enables you to fully know who
> and what you are and what you are truly
capable of.

To become a pain in the A$$-ets of CO$, truly
knight of Xenu, with the grace of
BoB
Slack!, and a critic of Co$!!!

> Scientology has grown by more than 25
times since its inception and is
> used in more than 129 countries throughout
the world.

Not in Germany, rejected caricature status in
UK, sentenced in France, Spain,
Canada, Sweden etc.

Is not growing, is DECAYING!!!!

> It helps in reversing the downward
spiral of illiteracy and drug abuse.

NO, NARCONON is useless, the crusade is a $hit!

> It helps people to help one another.

The registrar destroy lives, the auditor become
your worst enemy when @he tires to
handle you, and your folder become "VaporWare"
to Co$ and is use against you!!!

> It strengthens peoples ability to think
for themselves.

No to act like Puppets, rondroids, and if they
still thinking, they better runaway
from this nasty UFO CULT!!!

> It makes you wonder what kind of people
would oppose Scientology, doesn't
> it?

THE CRITICS WHO KNOW THE TRUTH OF A
PSICO_SECT/
UFO_CULT/
HIDDEN SINDICATE
/RPF-PRISON CAMP
Hidden Abortions,
Deaths of members
Money Scam
Money Laundry
check all to apply
and include more!!!

> HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVER
> NOBODY DOES IT LIKE YOU

Are you Brain/washed?

> RON: YOU MUST COME OUT OF THE CLOSET..
> GEIR: WHAT?

RON IS DEAD
and with the politics of abortions of Co$
the odds of the comeback of Ron are less than
Zero :-)

> RON: .. AND YOU'LL HAVE... HEY... A LOT OF
FUN

isn't time for a black magik? You and Ron???

--
Marcab_4
http://www.xenu.net

Fredric Xenu L. Xenu Rice Xenu

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
kipper <kes...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Employment Law Weekly, Dec. 29, 1999:

>subjected non-scientologist employees to disparate treatment, failed to

>reasonably accommodate the religious beliefs of non-scientologist
>employees, and retaliated against workers who opposed what they
>believed were unlawful employment practices.

I wonder if the victims alleged racketeering in this one as well.
Since the crooks which violated these people's rights were doing so
on orders from the Scientology cult's ringleaders, I would think that
they would at least consider punishing the people who pulled these
crook's strings.

>I-20 also agreed that it will not condition pay raises, promotions, or
>other job benefits on employee compliance with employer-imposed
>religious teachings, and will not use religiously-influenced training
>material. The company will also train employees on the requirements and
>provisions of Title VII and post a notice outlining complaint
>procedures on the company bulletin board.

And the crooks will manufacture other excuses to fire non cult followers.

--- "de omnibus dubitandum" All is to be doubted --- Descartes
24-hour file archive access: (626) 335-9601 (FidoNet 1:218/890.0) SP4
The Skeptic Tank: http://www.linkline.com/personal/frice/index.htm
Scientology Criminals: http://www.linkline.com/personal/frice/csindex.htm
What the Scientology cult doesn't want you to know: http://www.xenu.net/

Fredric Xenu L. Xenu Rice Xenu

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
ashy...@aol.comOHMEIN (L RON HOOVER) wrote:

> Scientology enables people to be well and happy.

And dead like Lisa McPherson and so many others, starved to death as
a matter of religious rights guarenteed by the Constitution of the
United States.

> It addresses you as a spiritual being and enables you to fully know who
>and what you are and what you are truly capable of.

The Scientology crime syndicate uses TR0 to brainwash and control cult
followers into handing ovber every last cent they have and, as they
did with Lisa Mcpherson, even steal money from their victims even after
they murder them.

Fredric Xenu L. Xenu Rice Xenu

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
ashy...@aol.comOHMEIN (L RON HOOVER) wrote:

>Why do people like Scientology?

Because they don't know what Scientology really is -- because the
crime syndicate requires them to pay huge amounts of money before
they are victimized by the Scientology bait-and-switch Xenu scheme.
Because people who _know_ what Scientology is, and know what the
history of the Scientology crime syndicate is stay away from the
crooks.

Hope that helps.

Fredric Xenu L. Xenu Rice Xenu

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
ashy...@aol.comOHMEIN (L RON HOOVER) wrote:

> It helps in reversing the downward spiral of illiteracy and drug abuse.

"I'm afraid that's just another one of their fabrications" -- South
African official commenting on the Scientology crime syndicate's
claims that it educated 1.2 million African children.

When you can back up your cult brainwashing with _evidence_ do get
back to us, okay? Thanks.

> It helps people to help one another.

Into the grave. Ask Lisa McPherson's surviving relatives.