Re: New PayPal rule: The company can take $2,500 from your account for sharing misinformation

Embrace Woke Go Broke!

Oct 15, 2022, 3:55:10 AM10/15/22
In article <smerlm$dbp$1...@news.dns-netz.com>
governo...@gmail.com wrote:

> Looks like it's time to cancel paypal.
> I just deleted my cards from the paypal account.

A little less than a week before the midterm elections in
November, a new PayPal account update will take effect that has
sent the internet into an uproar — and also drawn condemnation
from PayPal’s former president David Marcus.

What’s happening: PayPal is updating its acceptable use policy,
with the update taking effect on November 3. You might say to
yourself, well, I don’t use my account with the financial
services company for anything improper or illegal, so what do I
have to worry about? Here’s why that might not necessarily be
true:

PayPal says it’s expanding its existing list of prohibited
activities to include the “sending, posting, or publication of
messages, content, or materials that meet certain criteria.” The
full details are explained right here, but PayPal is basically
set to start levying a fine when users are found to have shared
“misinformation” or promoted content that’s deemed to be
“discriminatory” or promoting “hate.”

PayPal account update
The list of prohibited activities is broader than that, but it’s
especially the prohibition on sharing “misinformation” that’s
giving many people pause. Moreover, PayPal gives itself the
right to debit $2,500 from your PayPal account for each
violation of this new, expanded acceptable use policy.

<https://i-
cdn.embed.l
y/1/display
?key=fd92eb
bc52fc43fb9
8f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2F47z3bbqhzls91.jpg>

Marcus, for his part, described this new policy as “insanity.” A
tweet from him on Saturday, October 8, reads in part: “A private
company now gets to decide to take your money if you say
something they disagree with.” Venture capitalist David Sacks
chimed in, in response to Marcus: “Get your money out of PayPal
right now.”

David Marcus
@davidmarcus
·
Follow
It’s hard for me to openly criticize a company I used to love
and gave so much to. But @PayPal’s new AUP goes against
everything I believe in. A private company now gets to decide to
take your money if you say something they disagree with.
Insanity.
https://paypalobjects.com/marketing/ua/pdf/US/en/acceptableuse-
full-110322.pdf

<https://web.archive.org/web/20220927223312/https://www.paypalob
jects.com/marketing/ua/pdf/US/en/acceptableuse-full-110322.pdf>

As word of this PayPal change began to spread over the weekend,
FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr described what’s happening here as
“Orwellian.”

“PayPal reserves the right to take your money if you post a
message that PayPal decides is “misinformation,'” he tweeted.
“This is why it is so vital that state and federal legislatures
pass laws that prohibit discrimination by tech companies and
protect free speech.”

https://bgr.com/business/new-paypal-rule-the-company-can-take-
2500-from-your-account-for-sharing-misinformation/

--
The average millenial wokster has over $100,000.00 in credit
card debt.

Woksters are too lazy to work and have no money except for what
they leech from their parents, trust funds, welfare, or do-
gooder handouts.

Many woksters sign their lives away for $600 a month and an EBT
card, claiming they are mentally incompetent and cannot handle
their own personal affairs.

Individuals who voluntarily affirm that they are mentally
incompetent should also forfeit their right to vote.

Woksters have similar numbers to homosexuals and constitute
perhaps 3% of the US population.

What strategic business principle sees profit in this kind of
market prospect?

What reasonable consumer would support a business with woke
philosophies and policies?