(MPES) 12 Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology. Part 12.

michael pattinson

Aug 31, 2003, 9:19:56 PM8/31/03
(MPES) 12.

(NOTE: Though I knew Lisa Mc Pherson in 1995 and was a good friend of
hers I have excluded her and her employers from this posting till the
trial is over, as I am a witness in the case involving her death at
Flag.).

*************************

After the incident with Marty Rathbun I was put on a program to study
ALL of LRHs writings about God, "Supreme Being", infinity... I was
assisted by a staff member and we went through all of it in a very
short time. There is such sparse Hubbard writing on God that it was
not a long job. It amounted to a few short pages in total out of the
huge Hubbard volumes and volumes of "Tech". He says almost nothing
about God, as his focus was the "technology" and he was claiming
himself as "Source". One of the greatest Hubbard revelations,
seriously, about God, or the Infinite is that "the number 8, turned on
its side, is the infinity symbol! Wow!!!! It simply confirmed to me
that Scientology was NOT going to help me finding out "who I am"! The
only beingness that was, apparently, permissible as a Scientologist
was "slave to L.Ron Hubbard and Int. Management."

From December 1996 to May 1997 I stayed in Clearwater, Florida and did
the best I could at coming to terms with what was happening. I still
did not realize that "Standard LRH Tech" would not only fail to solve
the injustices and hardships I had been through since finishing OT8
but was the REASON for them! When I saw the OSA checksheet posted so
recently by Caroline Letkeman I suddenly saw the missing piece of the
puzzle.

I had been targetted for obliteration in 1991 and later by the
standard LRH tech of OSA! This was the LRH tech of warfare. For me, I
truly feel that this is tantamount to attempted murder.

I was being "handled" still, but on a less frequent basis by Mary
Voegeding, who was also dealing with the celebrity visitors to Flag
Land Base like Kirstie Alley, Lisa Marie Presley, etc. Mary had said
she would try to get a resolution of the problems I was having, but no
result came. It turns out that she really only wanted to get data on
how I was doing to see if I would be a public relations or legal
threat. She later married Ben Shaw, head of OSA Clearwater. I had been
wrong to trust her.

I was studying books I preferred to read (non-Scientology books) and
was enjoying a very refreshing atmosphere away from the level of group
contact I had had before the Rathbun "de-programming" attempt. I grew
increasingly distant from Flag, from other Scientologists and from
Mary Voegeding. In spring of 1997 I was watching a video of a recent
Flag event in her office and realised that the spell was broken. Mr.
Miscavige was no longer any kind of icon, idol or even impressive at
his PR for me. He was making me want to throw up in disgust. I had
written to him and asked him to resolve the whole injustice mess, but
his reply was, basically, that he would not be disciplining any staff
members on my account. From then on he was "gone" as a leader as far
as I was concerned.

The last phone converstation I had with Mary Voegeding was in spring
1997 when she wanted me to come in for a "handling" on a failed ethics
cycle (I was getting thoroughly sick of being blamed for the crimes
and errors of staff memebers who were brainwashed into stupidity) and
I refused. She then said to me that the recent "write-up" I had done
as part of the ethics cycle "just might come out publicly". It was a
form of blackmail, pure and simple. I hung up and decided to have
nothing more to do with her. I just could NOT understand the anomalies
I had been subjected to; nothing made sense in the light of the
"internal" Scientology data and experiences I had had. It was
dismaying.

I decided to take my life back into my own hands. I looked at my
options and made some decisions, which, in retrospect, were excellent
decisions. I decided to go to the Clearwater Police Department and
file a complaint. I was well received, questioned for some hours (all
recorded) and felt better. A few days later 2 police officers came to
see me at my house to finish the questioning and complete thier
report. When they were leaving my apartment I said; "you have left
something of yours on the couch"....a thick document. They just said,
oh, that's not ours, it is yours...." Mystified, I went to see what it
was, and it was a pile of photocopies of Bent Corydon's book
"Bare-Faced Messiah". I thank them sincerely to this day for that!
THANK YOU!! I read the whole book within 2 days! It was AMAZING. It
answered so many questions I had had, and many more Scientology
anomalies made sanse!! I had been denied vital information on a HUGE
scale while a Scientologist. I loved the book, loved the relief from
the LIES I had been told while an active member and mentally thanked
Bent Corydon (who I had known personally) from the bottom of my heart.

Clearwater was no longer a place of welcome for me with all the
injustice, mess and confusion that the cult had thrust into my life. I
wanted a nicer environment, so arranged to move to California. Los
Angeles is where I wanted to be to further my career. I still
maintained contact with some friends in Scientology and was still
"hopeful" of some kind of resolution. I moved to Los Angeles in June
of 1997. (P.S. no criminal case was enacted on my account in the end
by the police department, mostly due to my mistake of covering for Hy
and Cosima in my faxes).

I put my stuff in storage and stayed at a friend of a Florida friend's
house (in a very tiny room) for a few months. We got along very well
as she was a non-Scientologist and very friendly to me; a very nice
lady. I was "amazed" that a "wog" could be actually doing well in
life. That may seem really either funny or condescending, but it is
true. In Scientology we were constantly taught that anyone NOT using
Hubbard tech was doomed to failure and oblivion, so were virtually
valueless as people unless they became Scientologists. it was one of
many "eye-openers" I was to get.

WHAT I SAW, WHAT IO LEARNED FROM HINDSIGHT.

1. Scientology did not care if I lived or died. When I stopped paying
in money due to the financial chaos caused by OSA I was from that
point a "non-entity" for staff gross income statistics. I was also
asking for help, but not paying, so became a "nuisance".
I was also writing negative reports about staff members who WERE STILL
BRINGING IN MONIES so became a pariah. I was still actively gay after
OT8, so became a huge and unwanted embarassment.

2. I was targetted for obliteration by OSA.

3. The Police were a refuge from the chaos of the cult.

4. The books written by ex-members like Bent Corydon's "Bare-Faced
Messiah", Jon Atack's "A Piece of Blue Sky" (superb!!), and the book;
"L.Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman?" are very therapeutic for a member
who is leaving the clutches of the cult. I enjoyed them immensely for
the truths they give out to blast away the lies of OSA.

***********************

Kristi Wachter

Sep 1, 2003, 12:54:54 AM9/1/03
Michael, thank you so much for posting your story. It's so valuable.

I really appreciate the time and effort you took in putting this together.

Gratefully,

Kristi

<BIG hug!>

--
Kristi Wachter
the activist formerly known as "Jour" (before $cientology outed me)

If I am not who you say I am, then you are not who you think you are.
- James Baldwin

I think $cientology is hurting people and breaking the law, and I
want them to stop it. See http://www.scientology-lies.com for more.

KSW: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/alteringtech.htm

ste...@s.netic.de

Sep 1, 2003, 12:33:46 PM9/1/03
kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson) wrote in

Hahahahaha! Jee-su-s Christ, that must have come like the tada for a
back-to-the-world:-)!

Barbara Schwarz

Sep 3, 2003, 2:21:07 PM9/3/03
ste...@s.netic.de wrote in message news:<Xns93E9BCD7EFEFCoh...@216.65.98.9>...

> kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson) wrote in
>
> > (MPES) 12.
> >
> > (NOTE: Though I knew Lisa Mc Pherson in 1995 and was a good friend of
> > hers I have excluded her and her employers from this posting till the
> > trial is over, as I am a witness in the case involving her death at
> > Flag.).
> >
> > *************************
> >
> > After the incident with Marty Rathbun

Those postings sounds as if Michael Pattinson tried to coerce somebody
(whom he deliberately wrongfully declared to be Marty Rathbun) in
saying something that person would have not said. And that is what
Pattinson claims to be a "deprogramming" attempt. My God, I was in a
"deprogramming" session, what Pattinson described was something
completely else if he did not make it completely up.

Pattinson is also lying about Quentin. He will be back with another
body, he will explain that he was murdered and that he was never gay.

Pattinson and Garry Scarff would make a heck of a gay Mafia couple
with all their lies.

That he has the guts to take the word "God" in his dirty mouth is
quite something. Just a completely godless person would frame the
innocent, would lie outrageously, would set others up and then talk
about God and religion.

Michael Pattinson, why don't you explain on ARS that you never were a
Scientologist and what your motivations were to get in SCN?

Barbara Schwarz

Borrowed from the www.religiousfreedomwatch.org:

MICHAEL PATTINSON
Michael Pattinson is a former member of the Church of Scientology, now
an apostate. In collusion with former attorney, Graham Berry (who
chose to have his state bar license suspended for nine months in
settlement of charges against him by the California State Bar)
Pattinson entered into civil litigation against the Church in an
apparent attempt to force the Church to pay him money. His capacity
for dishonesty and harassing conduct is demonstrated by his filing and
pursuing a frivolous claim.

Pattinson left the Church in 1996 after being interviewed regarding an
unchanging pattern of unethical behavior. His conduct during this
interview was so rancorous that he later offered a written apology.
Regardless, a year later, after having made the acquaintance of
anti-religious extremist, Graham Berry, declared a "vexatious
litigant" by a California court for repeatedly pursuing harassing
litigation against the Church, Pattinson filed a criminal complaint
against the Church which was dismissed by the State Attorney with the
following statement:

"The State Attorney's office cannot prove the charges beyond a
reasonable doubt due to several reasons. First, the victim faxed an
apology to both defendants for his irrational behavior during the
meeting. The apology did not reference the false imprisonment or any
restraint whatsoever. Secondly, there are no independent eye
witnesses, physical evidence or admissions by the defendants to
support the victim's testimony. Thirdly, the victim reported this
crime nearly one year after the event. The victim is clearly biased in
his current efforts to sue the Church of Scientology for $150,000.
Finally, the facts presented by the victim regarding the amount of
restraint used by the defendants is insufficient to secure a
conviction for false imprisonment."

[ Page 1 ] [ Page 2 ] [ Page 3 ]

Home | Latest News | Anti-Religious Extremists | Hate Groups |
Influence of Hate | Experts | False Experts? | Hate Crimes &
The Law | Whistleblowers | Articles | Combating Hate

For the truth about Scientology: www.Scientology.org
What is Scientology: www.WhatIsScientology.org

ste...@s.netic.de

Sep 3, 2003, 4:33:04 PM9/3/03
Barbara...@excite.com (Barbara Schwarz) wrote in

Barbara, you are not quite right.
As others have found out, your definition of a scientologist is an *only*
ideal one, that means, you will never meet one in reality. Just as the
hangman never met an innocent.

steff

Message has been deleted

Barbara Schwarz

Sep 4, 2003, 11:57:25 AM9/4/03
ste...@s.netic.de wrote in message news:<Xns93EBE56D4D598oh...@216.65.98.9>...

L. Ron Hubbard was/is the ideal Scientologist. Marty is the ideal
Scientologist. There are some others around that are amazing. Hey, and
I am pretty cool myself. :)

Barbara Schwarz

JB@nowhere

Sep 4, 2003, 11:11:23 AM9/4/03

"Barbara Schwarz" <Barbara...@excite.com> wrote in message
> [...]

The perfect response to calls for mental health practises being
implemented...

Sigh...

Jack