multi-level-market your grassroots movement for social change

banchukita

Nov 23, 2006, 7:59:40 AM11/23/06
I thihk Android Cat posted about this site awhile back, and I can't
believe it's still there:

http://www.twth.org/Associate_Program.htm

"The Associate Program is a subscription and rewards program. An
Associate purchases a subscription of TWTH books. An Associate is also
rewarded for getting others to buy TWTH books and materials and/or sign
up as TWTH Associates."

Okay, I don't know which is creepier, the idea that a religion with its
own in-house publishing arm has to get YOU to *buy* boatloads of its
newly-minted-as-secular products and resell them or give them away
[hey, it's up to you] while recruiting new salespersons on a 2-tier
percentage-based compensation program that would never provide a living
wage, or the photos in the motivational ad about 3/4 of the way down
the page...with quotes from Ron's journal..."just agree that it is your
gift to give and give it."

Perhaps it's the way the homepage lists a bunch of terrible things in
the world and then somehow draws a causal link between passing out TWTH
booklets and a significant reduction in "failed relationships, broken
families, drug abuse, sexual immorality, crime, environmental abuse,
government corruption, world hunger, international conflicts and more."

Well, I think then it's this: If you're truly a nonprofit, and the book
was really valuable in that you could show that it improved quality of
life for people and there was demonstrable empirical evidence
confirming that -- you could get funding from foundations and granting
organizations to cover the cost of publishing and distribution, which
at this point must be minimal anyway what with the in-house publishing
machine.

How much does it *really* cost to produce those booklets, and how much
are TWTH Associates being asked to pay? If it is so important to get
the booklets out, why isn't Scn, Inc. providing a percentage of
"donations" for "services" to this project? Well, perhaps they are, but
you'd never know because you've never seen a financial report!

Why is it that you can't get people to pass them out for free?

-maggie, human being

Android Cat

Nov 23, 2006, 9:39:12 PM11/23/06
banchukita wrote:
> I thihk Android Cat posted about this site awhile back, and I can't
> believe it's still there:
>
> http://www.twth.org/Associate_Program.htm
>
> "The Associate Program is a subscription and rewards program. An
> Associate purchases a subscription of TWTH books. An Associate is also
> rewarded for getting others to buy TWTH books and materials and/or
> sign up as TWTH Associates."

> How much does it *really* cost to produce those booklets, and how much

> are TWTH Associates being asked to pay? If it is so important to get
> the booklets out, why isn't Scn, Inc. providing a percentage of
> "donations" for "services" to this project? Well, perhaps they are,
> but you'd never know because you've never seen a financial report!
>
> Why is it that you can't get people to pass them out for free?

Ahhhhh, but we *DO* know how much it costs them it print them in bulk!

The file is:
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/06A_Printing_TWTH_Booklets.pdf (password
fish):

"If the pilot of printing in India works out, we're looking at being able to
print 1,000,000 booklets for 12 cents each, including shipping to the USA.
The 7 cents per booklet license fee to The Way to Happiness Foundation Int.
will bring it up to 19 cents total for each booklet. That cuts the cost to
less than half. So, amazing things are possible."

Amazing indeed! (Well, "amazing" isn't the _first_ word that springs to
mind...)

John Dorsay posted this a few weeks back:

===

Tigger's request for an online copy of twth led me to contact the
twth deep cover arscc (tinarscc) operative on call for additional
information. I was directed by the op-on-call to this url, which is
publicly accessible:

http://www.twth.org/PLs/Contents.htm

It links to a number of pdfs.

http://www.twth.org/PLs/201_Copyrights_and_Trademarks.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/203_What_is_TWTH.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/206_Group.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/207_TWTH_REP.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/209_TWTH_Network_Defined.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/210_Reprints.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/211_Assoc_Prg.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/214A_Assoc_Glossary.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/214_Assoc_FAQs.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/215_Distr_by_Religious_and_Non-Religious_Groups.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/216_How_to_Present.pdf

The remaining pdfs on the page are password protected (but keep
reading).

http://www.twth.org/PLs/Staff/204_CONT_OFFICE.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/Staff/205_National_Office.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/Staff/208_EUS_and_WUS_CONT_OFFICE.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/How_To_Start_Pack_Table_Of_Contents.pdf

The op-on-call was reluctant to provide the passwords needed to open
the last four links on the page. I contacted arscc (tinarscc)
Command HQ.

HQ, um, persuaded the op-on-call to reconsider. The op-on-call was
so eager to reconsider that I was provided with a number of
additional documents that do no link to the web page.

HQ assures me that all ops-on-call are sufficiently highly placed in
the target organization that they will not be suspected of providing
information to the arscc.

Enough gossip. Here are the passwords.

The password for these pdf files is "secure" (no quotes)
http://www.twth.org/PLs/Staff/204_CONT_OFFICE.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/Staff/205_National_Office.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/Staff/208_EUS_and_WUS_CONT_OFFICE.pdf

The password for this is "fish" (no quotes)
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/How_To_Start_Pack_Table_Of_Contents.pdf

The password for the unlinked pdf files is also "fish" (no quotes)
The doc files are not password protected.

Here are the additional urls.

http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/01_Introducing_TWTHOC.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/02_Contact.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/03_Basic_Successful_Actions.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/04A_General_Policy.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/04B_206_Group.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/04C_216_How_to_Present.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/05_TWTHOC_Weekly_Report_Form.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/06A_Printing_TWTH_Booklets.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/06B_Licensing_Contract.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/06C_210_Reprints.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/07A_Newsletter_Page1.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/07B_Newsletter_Page2.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/08A_Issue_Authority.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/08B_201_Copyrights_and_Trademarks.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/09_Banking_Funds.pdf
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/10A_Memberships.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/10B_Sample_Membership_Application_Form.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/11A_Participants_Waiver.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/11B_Actor_Release.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/11C_Minor_Actor_Release.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/12A_Fishing_Tournaments.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/12B_Kids_Photos.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/13A_Open_Tournament_Photo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/13B_Open_Tournament_Flier.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/14A_Masters_Photo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/14B_Masters_Derby_Flier_Aug_2005.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/14C_Fish-A-Thon_Promo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/14D_Fish-A-Thon_FollowUp.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15A_Parent_Child_Tournament_Photo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15B_Parent-Child_Tournament_Flier_May_2005.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15C_Parent-Child_Derby_Hat_May_2005.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15C_Parent-Child_Derby_Hat_May_2005_001.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15D_Parent-Child_Derby_Info_Sheet_May_2005.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15E_Pledge_Log_Sheet.xls
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/15F_Donation_Information_Collection_Form.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/16A_Shooting_Events.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/16B_Shooting_Event_Photo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/16C_Shooting_Promo_2006.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/17A_Golf_Events.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/17B_Golf_Promo_Leaflet.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/18A_Paintball_and_Air_Soft_Events.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/18B_Paintball_Promo_2005.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/18C_Airsoft_Event_Photo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/18D_Airsoft_Event_Promo.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/19A_Raffles.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/19B_Raffle_Spring_2006.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/20_Other_Events.doc
http://www.twth.org/PLs/TWTHOC_DOCS/Custom_Cover_Design_Info.pdf

===

I guess "fish" is short for swordfish.

--
Ron of that ilk.

Android Cat

Dec 2, 2006, 10:26:27 PM12/2/06
It looks like they finally moved the files on their site.

Now http://www.twth.org/PLs/Contents.htm gives:

"Sorry, there was an error when trying to reach that page
"We have recently redone the website, and some of the pages may be
unavailable now."

"Ba-gooooock? Cluck?"
http://www.actsofgord.com/Justice/chapter07.html

Ron of that ilk.

banchukita

Dec 3, 2006, 8:04:56 AM12/3/06

Android Cat wrote:
> It looks like they finally moved the files on their site.

Well you know, you can't keep these world-saving texts where just
anyone can see 'em.

> Now http://www.twth.org/PLs/Contents.htm gives:
>
> "Sorry, there was an error when trying to reach that page
> "We have recently redone the website, and some of the pages may be
> unavailable now."

I notice they have no site map whatsoever.

> "Ba-gooooock? Cluck?"
> http://www.actsofgord.com/Justice/chapter07.html

Classic! Must've been OSA's information package.
Mmmm...tastes just like chicken!

-maggie, human being