Re: Teen found clinging to pipes, treading water after falling into SC well, rescuers say

Let's All Panic!

Jul 3, 2022, 6:10:10 AM7/3/22
In article <XnsACA0AEB...@95.216.243.224>
governo...@gmail.com wrote:

A 14-year-old stuck 40 feet down a well managed to keep himself
above water until rescuers could get to him in South Carolina.

Firefighters responded just before 8 p.m. Saturday, May 7, to
reports that someone had fallen into a well off Pacolet Highway
in Gaffney, according to a Facebook post from the Gaffney City
Fire Department.

They arrived to find the 14-year-old had plunged about 40 feet
down the well, the fire department said.

Crews made “voice contact” with the teen, who was treading water
and clinging to pipes in the well to keep himself from going
under the water, officials said.

A firefighter was then lowered down to where the teen was and
pulled him from the well “without incident” at about 8:24 p.m.,
according to the fire department. Officials did not say how the
14-year-old fell in.

The teen was taken to a hospital with what seemed to be non-life-
threatening injuries, officials said.

“Our firefighters train often for these scenarios, that are not
routine but they do happen. We’re proud of the professionalism
showed by our crews,” the department wrote on Facebook.

Gaffney is about 50 miles northeast of Greenville.

https://news.yahoo.com/teen-found-clinging-pipes-treading-
153338098.html