Thank You All for Listening Today on KCAA

vinced...@vincedaniels.com

Sep 17, 2006, 1:25:08 AM9/17/06
I appreciated reading over the blow by blow account of you who either
listened and/or viewed the KCAA webstream today. I wish I could have
gotten to all the calls. If there were any of you on hold that I did
not get to, my apologies. I plan on doing a follow-up 3 hour show in
the next four to possibly six weeks from now.

Below is a link to the guest book on the KCAA "comment page" over on
KCAARADIO dot com. I would truly appreciate any of you letting the
owner and management of the station know how you felt about todays
show, positive or negative as they closely monitor the comments. Be
sure to mention my name or the name of the show, "The Many Moods of
Vince Daniels" if you are so inclined. A link that takes you directly
to the guest book is provided below. And thanks in advance!

http://www.kcaaradio.com/~site/Scripts_NewGuest/NewGuest.dll?CMD=CMDGetViewEntriesPage&STYLE=tech2/&ENTRYID=&FORWARDFLAG=true&GBID=14695085&DISPLAY=31&TARGETURL=DEFAULT&EMAILADDRESS=ENC__&EM=false&CUSTOMVALUE=false&H_H=13117294

jerald

Sep 17, 2006, 1:34:55 AM9/17/06
Great show, going to the guest book now.

jerald

Emma

Sep 17, 2006, 2:46:49 AM9/17/06

<vinced...@vincedaniels.com> wrote in message

Hi Vince,

That was a great show. I really hope you can do your follow up segment.

I thought all the guests and callers were great and you did a great job of
hosting it.

I'll leave a comment in the guest book too.

I'm grateful for the webcast and podcast facility as I'm from Australia and
it was some ungodly hour here when your show aired.

Cheers,

Emma

Magoo

Sep 17, 2006, 4:49:33 AM9/17/06

<vinced...@vincedaniels.com> wrote in message
>I appreciated reading over the blow by blow account of you who either
> listened and/or viewed the KCAA webstream today. I wish I could have
> gotten to all the calls. If there were any of you on hold that I did
> not get to, my apologies. I plan on doing a follow-up 3 hour show in
> the next four to possibly six weeks from now.
>
> Below is a link to the guest book on the KCAA "comment page" over on
> KCAARADIO dot com. I would truly appreciate any of you letting the
> owner and management of the station know how you felt about todays
> show, positive or negative as they closely monitor the comments. Be
> sure to mention my name or the name of the show, "The Many Moods of
> Vince Daniels" if you are so inclined. A link that takes you directly
> to the guest book is provided below. And thanks in advance!

Thanks SO much, Vince! You did a great job as the commentator,
and I also loved your old partner, Mikey.

I hope we do a follow up, as I'd love to hear, on air, that this Father did
get him money back from Narconon. That would be very good for all involved.
I think Scientology needs to know you plan to really do a follow up. If they
know that, there's a much higher chance the Dad will get his $ back.

And don't let them talk you out of having we cast of characters on: We're
only people..............they're the ones who believe in space aliens! :)

My best,

Tory/Magoo~~

> http://www.kcaaradio.com/~site/Scripts_NewGuest/NewGuest.dll?CMD=CMDGetViewEntriesPage&STYLE=tech2/&ENTRYID=&FORWARDFLAG=true&GBID=14695085&DISPLAY=31&TARGETURL=DEFAULT&EMAILADDRESS=ENC__&EM=false&CUSTOMVALUE=false&H_H=13117294

barbz

Sep 17, 2006, 8:39:46 AM9/17/06
Done! I see many of my cohorts have also commented there, good on ya,
guys n' dolls! We have a friend in Vince!

--
"I'm for the separation of church and hate."

Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)
xenu...@netscape.net

Eldon

Sep 17, 2006, 8:45:27 AM9/17/06
vinced...@vincedaniels.com wrote:
> I appreciated reading over the blow by blow account of you who either
> listened and/or viewed the KCAA webstream today. I wish I could have
> gotten to all the calls. If there were any of you on hold that I did
> not get to, my apologies. I plan on doing a follow-up 3 hour show in
> the next four to possibly six weeks from now.

Vince, now that you're an official "suppressive person," you might as
well keep up the good work. Doesn't look like Scientology is gonna be
able to help you get over that for quite a few lifetimes.

Beckyboo

Sep 17, 2006, 9:17:47 AM9/17/06

Will do! You are spunky and I love that trait.... Never saw you or
heard of your show before...but you are great!

And I'm not easy to please. Btw, I'm deaf (almost) but watched with an
interpreter.....so you reached a larger audience than you might even
think.

Great job!

--

Becky

barbz

Sep 17, 2006, 9:42:33 AM9/17/06
Awesome! Glad you had an interpreter handy. (handy, hehe)
I tried learning ASL a couple of years ago. I thought I was doing pretty
well, until I tried it out on a genuine deaf person. Too many short cuts
I don't know...you can't just spell stuff, it takes too long. Let us
say, we had a failure to communicate. Oddly, instead of being
supportive, the person and her also deaf friends were snotty about my
feeble attempt, which made me realize I didn't want to communicate with
them anyways. It was a neat thing to learn something about ASL, and I
learned something.

All the materials and dictionaries are Xian based! There are terms we
might use in normal life which just aren't there, like 'abortion' or
'pagan.' The whole ASL thing seems to have grown from the root of Xian
"charity," back when the deaf were put in homes or locked away. The
taint of fundy beliefs remains. I think the deaf should take back their
language from the hands of well-meaning, yet censoring do-gooders.

Beckyboo

Sep 17, 2006, 11:01:01 AM9/17/06

barbz wrote:

> Awesome! Glad you had an interpreter handy. (handy, hehe)
> I tried learning ASL a couple of years ago. I thought I was doing pretty
> well, until I tried it out on a genuine deaf person. Too many short cuts
> I don't know...you can't just spell stuff, it takes too long. Let us
> say, we had a failure to communicate. Oddly, instead of being
> supportive, the person and her also deaf friends were snotty about my
> feeble attempt, which made me realize I didn't want to communicate with
> them anyways. It was a neat thing to learn something about ASL, and I
> learned something.

Yes, I love his hands too.... <wink>

There is a whole other battle out there that is based on Deaf vs. deaf.
Sorry you ran into snots. As you see they exist everywhere!!! They have
their own little world. I ran into a similar problem though because I
travel a lot and try to speak other languages while in other
countries....I usually get laughed at.... I never laugh at anyone here
that has an accent....I respect that they are least trying, and I know
English is very hard to learn as a second language.

But they do exist, those snots, .... I'm on the fence because I started
out as a hearing person and lost my hearing. I don't fit in anywhere.
They even have an initiation rite at Galluadet where they single out
the Deaf from the deaf by clapping loudly, if you can hear it then they
snub you from day one. Not pretty either.

> All the materials and dictionaries are Xian based! There are terms we
> might use in normal life which just aren't there, like 'abortion' or
> 'pagan.' The whole ASL thing seems to have grown from the root of Xian
> "charity," back when the deaf were put in homes or locked away. The
> taint of fundy beliefs remains. I think the deaf should take back their
> language from the hands of well-meaning, yet censoring do-gooders.

ASL is interesting.... other dialects even more interesting.....
English Sign for example. Captioning even MORE interesting, they used
to censor out swear words from movies. :-) CNN captioning is cut off at
midnight now, I guess they think I should be in bed by midnight? All
good deaf people are, right? ;-)

--

Becky

Tigger

Sep 17, 2006, 1:43:55 PM9/17/06

THANK YOU, Mr. Edwards. If not for your courage and your radio show,
there would have been no Scientology show to listen to.

I am looking forward to the next one.

Tigger

Tigger

Sep 17, 2006, 2:11:56 PM9/17/06

Michael Reuss

Sep 18, 2006, 3:35:34 AM9/18/06
> vinced...@vincedaniels.com wrote:

Great program on Scientology. Thanks. Great guests, from Steve Hassan,
Dave Touretsky, Tory Christman, the Behas and the Scientologists being
themselves.

> I appreciated reading over the blow by blow account of you who either
> listened and/or viewed the KCAA webstream today. I wish I could have
> gotten to all the calls.

Even though you spent the better part of the program talking about
Scientology, you didn't really get to many callers. Maybe you should
just not offer a general call-in segment when you get to a contentious
topic like this, and just line up more prearranged guests to discuss
various topics.

That said, during Patty's call, when she confirmed what Tory had been
saying, finally making the point that Narconon IS Scientology, was just
terrific. Arnie's call was good, when he talked about the Fishman
documents to follow up on a portion of Dave's story.

The call from the pro-Scientology lady who called in during the Narconon
segment was practicing a technique that Scientologists actually get
trained in, called "Developed Traffic" or DEV-T for short. Her goal was
to waste time and change the subject, in order to insulate the poor SOB
who was trying to get away from the program without having to offer the
Beha family a refund.

It would have been nice to have a little time out to discuss TR programs
like TR-L and Dev-T and acceptable truth, each time the Scientologists
tried to employ them. And if you don't know what these terms mean, you
don't yet understand how deeply manipulative is the whole Scientology
program, when it comes to their communications with the outside world.

> If there were any of you on hold that I did
> not get to, my apologies. I plan on doing a follow-up 3 hour show in
> the next four to possibly six weeks from now.

Great idea to do a follow-up program. I'd recommend having sound clips
from the Narconon Director from this program queued up and ready, if
there has been no refund.

Other good program ideas related to Narconon and Scientology:

o Try to get the Battle Creek Narconon ED on the program. Ask if the
Beha child was kicked out for making disparaging comments about L.
Ron Hubbard. How typical is the dropping of an addict from the
program because they don't want Scientology preached at them?

o More specific challenges about Narconon's success rate. Ask how many
of Narconon's "successful" graduates become Scientologists? Or,
another way to pose this is to ask if Narconon is simply
substituting an addiction to Scientology for an addiction to drugs.

o Does Narconon believe in the false idea that LSD and other drugs are
routinely stored in fat cells, and that these drugs can be sweated
out of the body in a sauna? Have a medical expert on hand to debunk.

o Lots of Scientologists smoke. Hubbard smoked. Explore smoking as a
drug addiction (which it is), and ask why Scientology does not offer
to help smokers quit smoking.

o Explore the core idea that all drugs are illicit drugs in Scientology
dogma. Because humans aren't corporeal organisms, but spirit beings.
Mention the CCHR front group, and read some claims from some of the
CCHR literature. Tory can tell you how Scientologists are discouraged
from taking every medicine. She was pressured into not taking her
medicine to prevent epileptic seizures. This could also open the door
to discussing Tom Cruise's diatribe against Brooke Shields use of
drugs to treat post-partum depression, or even the sad and shocking
story of the young Buffalo N.Y. schizophrenic who's Scientology
program took him off his meds, and then ended when he brutally
stabbed his mother to death.

o Why is the Scientology "religious ritual" known as the Purification
Rundown promoted as a secular drug treatment program?

o A segment on where and how Narconon is trying to win acceptance as a
general drug awareness program inside public schools around the U.S.

o A tie-in with Scientology's Criminon program could be done. Is it the
same basic program? This would open the door to all sorts of
interesting tangents, such as the Charles Manson debacle, being
introduced to cultic behavior and bonding during a prison Criminon
program, and ultimately learning from Scientology how to build a band
of uncritical, blindly obedient followers that would support his
megalomania, just as Scientologists supported Hubbard's megalomania.

> Below is a link to the guest book on the KCAA "comment page" over on
> KCAARADIO dot com. I would truly appreciate any of you letting the
> owner and management of the station know how you felt about todays
> show, positive or negative as they closely monitor the comments.

> Be
> sure to mention my name or the name of the show, "The Many Moods of
> Vince Daniels" if you are so inclined. A link that takes you directly
> to the guest book is provided below. And thanks in advance!

> http://www.kcaaradio.com/~site/Scripts_NewGuest/NewGuest.dll?CMD=CMDGetViewEntriesPage&STYLE=tech2/&ENTRYID=&FORWARDFLAG=true&GBID=14695085&DISPLAY=31&TARGETURL=DEFAULT&EMAILADDRESS=ENC__&EM=false&CUSTOMVALUE=false&H_H=13117294

Michael Reuss
Honorary Kid

barbz

Sep 18, 2006, 9:28:21 AM9/18/06

Let's not forget the 'other' Purif packaging...Second Chance, a front
group of a front group, basically Narconon in a slightly different box,
targeting convicts. Actually, the real target here is state funding;
Second Chance has been presented to Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada
legislatures in hopes of acquiring funding for this comparatively
expensive, and ineffective program.

I'd want people to hear about the legislators who promote Second Chance.
In Nevada, Sharron Angle was the flag waver. Sharron Angle is a member
of the National Foundation of Women Legislators, an organization founded
well before Scientology was a gleam in Hubbard's beady little eye.
It was founded in 1938, but Scientology has latched onto this group by
volunteering to "help." Bruce Wiseman, head of CCHR, is the NFWL
treasurer. Joy Westrum, head of Second Chance, is on some of their
boards. This explains why gullible twats like Sharron Angle promote
these stupid, unscientific, useless, overpriced programs.

I think the NFWL needs exposure but, so far, there doesn't seem to be
much interest in what I perceive to be a vital issue.

A Scientology world would be one with no mental health care. People
would be treated in prisons by the airy-faery "theories" Hubbard pulled
out of his undereducated imagination.

Narconon...what can I say? Thoroughly debunked. And yet, today, there's
a chance that this obnoxious, phony "drug treatment" program may well be
approved by LA County's Board of Supervisors, despite protests from
residents in Leona Valley. The Board will not be able to say they
weren't informed, unless they slept through the meetings.

Quaoar

Sep 18, 2006, 8:24:14 PM9/18/06

Sharon Angle lost her primary election. Too, too, bad!