(MPES) 4 Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology. Part 4

michael pattinson

Aug 28, 2003, 2:05:13 AM8/28/03
Part 4.

In 1977 I was sent back from Flag Land Base to Paris to start a 5 year
contract.
When I got back I was immediately informed that my post would NOT be
the one I had trained for but that I would hold an entirely different
one. I was put in charge of the "Qualifications Division" which deals
with the correction of errors in "The Tech", staff training,
Courseroom oversight, training of interns, public arbitration and
other matters. I didn't want that job but there was no choice ofered.

I worked 7 days a week, from 9a.m. to about midnight with 1 hour for
lunch and one hour for dinner. I lived in the proverbial french
"garrett", a 10ft by 6ft attic with a sloping roof under the eaves of
a local apartment building (5th floor with no elevator). My bed was a
top bunk and my work space was underneath. It was amazingly small. I
actually painted in there too, but if I wanted to go to the restroom I
had to take away the easel to get out of the door. A day off was more
than rare. I think I got 2 or 3 days off in a year, and often when I
was "off" at other times a staff member would come to get me (no
phone) as I was "needed". I had about 7 staff members in my division,
including both A.F. and S. Rosenberg, a couple that would later set-up
the Paris "Celebrity Centre" Scientology organization.

So, there I was, an "executive" of a Scientology organization. I did
many more functions than other staff members as I was "trained" and
they weren't. The occasional revenues from selling a painting (done in
rare free moments or a luch break) supplemented my income, which
averaged about 140ff a week (about $35 in 1977-78, which would be
about $60 now)helped me to have rent and food, and I also often had to
pay for paper and office supplies for my work as none was forthcoming
in the weekly "financial planning". A lot of money was sent "up-lines"
every week to Scientology management and book publishing organizations
who sent us Hubbard books to sell. Whatever was left was distributed
by allocation to the departments, and what was left over from that
went to "pay" staff. Sometimes we got almost nothing for a week's
work. Management was, however, always paid first as "top priority".

I worked hard, got the best results I could, and felt like I was
"helping Mankind" by my efforts. I was one of the most highly trained
staff members so I was always being asked to do things, night and day.
I did anything from correcting staff auditors, keeping the library,
giving tech references (there was no tech dictionary or index at the
time), doing session exams to see if the session was ok or not,
marriage counselling, dispute handling and other things too. I even
made the space nice, at my expense, with a little miniature garden on
my desk. I was working more than full time for almost NO pay.

I also had to occasionally help out the Guardian's Office with
preparations for the criminal trial against L.Ron Hubbard in France.
However, in the end he was convicted, in absentia. The name of the
Scientology organization was changed to "Church of the New Faith"
(Eglise de La Nouvelle Foi) and we went on, as before, applying
Hubbard tech and trying to expand the organization. In a time of
crisis the "Guardian World-Wide" Jane Kember came over as things had
gone bad legally, and I found myself being "grilled" by 3 people,
including her to see if I were a "security threat" or not. My being
gay was considered a risk factor for some reason, even though I was
not actively doing anything on that front. I was kept on post and told
to protect the "church" by abstinence at all times from any gay
encounters. Months later I spoke to a guy in the street who I was
attracted to (but nothing more happened with him). I told my auditor
(J.L. Canolle what happened in a confidential auditing session. After
that session my folder went to the Case Supervisor. I was then asked
to come to see my auditor again. I sat down, he closed the door and
told me we had a special interview, which was not confidential, and
that I must tell him, all over again, what happened with my 10 second
"almost gay but non-existent" encounter in a Paris street, but that
this time it was needed for "security purposes". I was furious as that
was a violation of my confidentiality, but like a good and loyal staff
member I related the incident again. The folder went back to the Case
supervisor (J.M. Wargniez).

The next morning I was hauled into the "Ethics Office" and was handed
a publication which said that I was "of bad moral character" (gay, and
at risk of getting "gayer") and that my certificates were all
suspended forthwith. I was more than merely upset of angry. I simply
ceased to cooperate. I understood that without any certificates in
force I could no longer operate an "E-meter" to do my job (an e-meter
is a Scientology-Dianetics electronic device that (possibly) measures
changes in electrical resistance in the human body, but it is also
affected by movements of the body, mental attitude and sweat on the
hands that hold ther electrodes).So I ceased to do my job due to the
sanctions against me. I decided to leave staff shortly thereafter as I
was not getting anywhere on my supposed "Bridge To Total Freedom" and
was clearly not "Clear" yet.

When I left (1978)I was given a bill for somewhere about $12,000.00
for the "Flag training" I had had while in Florida. It is known as a
"freeloader" bill. If you fail to complete your staff contract you
were, by Hubbard policy, liable for all courses you got "free" while
on staff. Until it was paid in full I could not contact any of my
Scientology friends. I was annoyed at the bill, specially seeing the
enormous job I had done for a few dollars/francs. I was, however,
utterly RELIEVED to no longer be a staff memeber, and I remember
sighing with relief for 2 or 3 days, quite consciously. I took up my
painting again and doubled my space by moving into a second attic next
door to mine to use as a studio. It was the stereotype 10ft x 8ft
artist's studio with the tiny window with a slanting roof overlooking
the rooftops of Paris' left bank. I was free of staff workload but had
to pay the bill to the "church".

I painted, re-invested my money in more materials, made a slide-show
as a promotionmal event attraction and worked very very hard. I
travelled a lot and sold whatever I could. After a few months I paid
off the bill to Scientology and set about "going Clear". I bought
auditing at the Paris Org, painted, sold paintings, paid Scientology
as a repetitve process through the rest of 1978 and 1979. I finally
got to "Clear" in 1979 but not without huge effort and a lot of money.

One horrible chapter of this was the launching of the "Purification
Rundown". Hubbard said that if we wanted to live through the impending
World War III, with its radiation and nuclear holocaust we must
eliminate radiation from the cells of our bodies by taking large
amounts of vitamins, niacin and oil while spending 5hrs a day in a dry
sauna. Vitamins were prescribed by a church official (not a doctor)
Albert Benhraim. I had to take 10 grams!(40 x 250mg of vitamin B1 a
day, 3 to about 10 grams! of Niacin, vast amounts of multi-B vitamins,
vitamins C, D, E and a half cup of cold cooking oil (yuk), as well as
a quantity of "cal-mag with vinegar", made by mixing calcium carbonate
with some magnesium and vinegar in boiling water and drinking it (ugh)
when it cooled down. I had to do this for 3 weeks, thought the doses
of B1 were less after 3 or 4 days, and I had a horrible time. The 5hrs
of sauna per day were bad enough but the intake of vitamin doses was
sickening. I threw up on several occasions, and was even parylized for
hours in the sauna near the end. It was truly awful but it felt better
when I was "done". I felt great when I was off the "rundown" at the
end. It had indeed "run me down". My skin was clean and I no longer
had to eat nauseous food and vitamins. I was ready to "survive World
War III.

I was not disappointed that WW III never occurred but I was when the
Hubbard reference to it was quietly removed form the Purification
Rundown. Hubbard could NOT have been wrong, according to my
brainwashed state. He was the creative-originating "God" of PERFECT
Tech, the selfless tireless researcher for the good of all, the new
Savior of Mankind, the only real hope for mankind, the flawless
genius, the charismatic benefactor of millions, the nuclear
scientist-engineer-war hero-family man, the authentic integrity-idol
of all Sea Org members, the ideal role model for a new civilization
and my hero.

WHAT I SAW LATER, WHAT I LEARNED:

(NOTE: I LATER FOUND (1997 ONWARDS) FROM INTERNET AND BOOK DATA
VERIFIED BY PUBLIC RECORDS THAT,FOR ME AND FOR MANY, ALL OF THE ABOVE
ABOUT "RON" WAS FAKE OR INVENTED "FACTS", FALSE "PUBLIC RELATIONS AND
BLATANT LIES).

@@@ Maybe someone can post the urls for the web pages summarizing all
the fake "Ron" biographical materials please @@@. It is shocking but
fascinating to read the differences between what was claimed about
L.Ron Hubbard and the realities that differed from that so widely.

1. The Purification Rundown, still being delivered today, still uses
long hours of sauna, vitamin doses and oil, cal-mag etc. Many have had
serious negative consequences. I was lucky to have even survived the
doses I was given.

2. Org money went to management and to Hubbard book payments as a
priority and staff is no picnic as it only receives the crumbs left
after all organizational needs are somewhat met.

3. Being gay, even when only in thought, is incompatible with being on
staff, and also with being a Scientologist at all. Hubbard said people
who are gay, along with others he hated, are dangerous to society; yet
he took my dollars over and over, and over again. So did his bigoted
minions.

4. Being on staff is a form of duty-motivated slavery.

Tilman Hausherr

Aug 28, 2003, 6:09:49 PM8/28/03
On 27 Aug 2003 23:05:13 -0700, kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson)
wrote in <22c1ffd4.03082...@posting.google.com>:

>One horrible chapter of this was the launching of the "Purification
>Rundown". Hubbard said that if we wanted to live through the impending
>World War III, with its radiation and nuclear holocaust we must
>eliminate radiation from the cells of our bodies by taking large
>amounts of vitamins, niacin and oil while spending 5hrs a day in a dry
>sauna. Vitamins were prescribed by a church official (not a doctor)
>Albert Benhraim. I had to take 10 grams!(40 x 250mg of vitamin B1 a
>day, 3 to about 10 grams! of Niacin, vast amounts of multi-B vitamins,
>vitamins C, D, E and a half cup of cold cooking oil (yuk), as well as
>a quantity of "cal-mag with vinegar", made by mixing calcium carbonate
>with some magnesium and vinegar in boiling water and drinking it (ugh)
>when it cooled down. I had to do this for 3 weeks, thought the doses
>of B1 were less after 3 or 4 days, and I had a horrible time. The 5hrs
>of sauna per day were bad enough but the intake of vitamin doses was
>sickening. I threw up on several occasions, and was even parylized for
>hours in the sauna near the end.

Have you ever had your liver checked since then?

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
til...@berlin.snafu.de http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html