Gilman escapee tonight

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Fredric L. Rice

unread,
Mar 28, 2008, 7:09:33 PM3/28/08
to
It's almost 3 a.m. Pacific Time. I got a telephone call from someone
claiming to be a Riverside County Sheriff asking me questions about a
person who was picked up on a highway -- I assume Highway 79 -- who
had been _jogging_ East toward Hemet and had claimed to have "escaped"
from the Gilman Hot Springs cult facility. The person mentioned the
crackpots.org web site to the police officer so I was called -- on a
private telephone line number, no less, which is mildly disturbing.

I couldn't get anything informative out of the officer who called and
I didn't recognize the name of the person who had supposedly "escaped."
But it's bizarre enough.

A year ago a murderer visited one of my web pages -- "Vanishing point:
How to disappear in America without a trace" -- and a homicide detective
from Kansas hunted me down and had the local police send over an officer
to talk to me about the web page. That homicide detective would not
tell me the name of the murderer who had visited my page but he did
mention that the murderer had also been researching how to dismember
human remains and dispose of them. }:-}

---
Anonymous = Herd of Cats Latched on to the Same Wildebeest
"Operation Freakout 2.0 is failing miserably for the cult." - Anonymous

Anonology

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 10:29:56 AM3/29/08
to

now this is interesting... I wonder what they did with him...

Scientology is a cult

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 9:54:46 AM3/29/08
to
FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote in
news:13us5do...@corp.supernews.com:

> It's almost 3 a.m. Pacific Time. I got a telephone call from someone
> claiming to be a Riverside County Sheriff asking me questions about a
> person who was picked up on a highway -- I assume Highway 79 -- who
> had been _jogging_ East toward Hemet and had claimed to have "escaped"
> from the Gilman Hot Springs cult facility. The person mentioned the
> crackpots.org web site to the police officer so I was called -- on a
> private telephone line number, no less, which is mildly disturbing.
>
> I couldn't get anything informative out of the officer who called and
> I didn't recognize the name of the person who had supposedly "escaped."
> But it's bizarre enough.

Woah... Fredric, follow up on this and keep us posted!

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Skipper

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 11:24:07 AM3/29/08
to
In article <13us5do...@corp.supernews.com>, Fredric L. Rice
<FR...@SkepticTank.Org> wrote:

Well, you do need to be a little more responsible with your web pages
or you'll continue to get things like this. Don't you have one up with
lies about me and my books because you got pissed off politically?

Ananamuss

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 12:46:17 PM3/29/08
to

That's *your* page? I love that page! I was sent the link some time
ago (Maybe two or three years?) and I've had it bookmarked since. :)
Hell, it's even in my del.icio.us. :)

...not really on topic, I know, but I wanted to give you kudos on a
great page with some interesting information.


Ananamuss

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 12:49:02 PM3/29/08
to
On Mar 29, 11:24 am, Skipper <skipSPAMpr...@yahoo.not> wrote:
> In article <13us5doaaejj...@corp.supernews.com>, Fredric L. Rice

Skipper, why is it all about you? This is the third thread I've seen
in the last day where you barge in, screaming "Lookit meeeeeeeee!",
acting all butthurt.

What's up with that, dude? Why so much sand in your vagina?

Fear Not

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 1:10:19 PM3/29/08
to


One more out I hope.
Fredric, I figured information was getting inside Gold of who could
help people
on the outside, so maybe thats how they got your private number.

Hey Riverside County Sheriff, maybe people are being held there.
Just a thought.

Skipper

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 1:20:07 PM3/29/08
to
In article
<0aac7a9c-3c47-4b47...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Ananamuss <anan...@gmail.com> wrote:

When someone tells lies on the Internet, they're lies, and I'll point
them out. Usually, they're irresponsible scum when they doing it, like
"Mary" and Fredric. And as you just demonstrated, you.

Beth

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 2:29:11 PM3/29/08
to
On Mar 28, 7:09 pm, FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:
> It's almost 3 a.m. Pacific Time.  I got a telephone call from someone
> claiming to be a Riverside County Sheriff asking me questions about a
> person who was picked up on a highway -- I assume Highway 79 -- who
> had been _jogging_ East toward Hemet and had claimed to have "escaped"
> from the Gilman Hot Springs cult facility.  The person mentioned the
> crackpots.org web site to the police officer so I was called -- on a
> private telephone line number, no less, which is mildly disturbing.
>
> I couldn't get anything informative out of the officer who called and
> I didn't recognize the name of the person who had supposedly "escaped."  
> But it's bizarre enough.

That *is* strange. Did this officer say or imply that he called you
simply because this escapee mentioned your site? That would be a
pretty flimsy reason to call the owner of a site. Did you get the
officer's name?

Beth

Scientology is a cult

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 2:46:25 PM3/29/08
to
Skipper <skipSP...@yahoo.not> wrote in news:290320081020077094%
skipSP...@yahoo.not:

>> > Well, you do need to be a little more responsible with your web pages
>> > or you'll continue to get things like this. Don't you have one up with
>> > lies about me and my books because you got pissed off politically?
>>
>> Skipper, why is it all about you? This is the third thread I've seen
>> in the last day where you barge in, screaming "Lookit meeeeeeeee!",
>> acting all butthurt.
>>
>> What's up with that, dude? Why so much sand in your vagina?
>
> When someone tells lies on the Internet, they're lies, and I'll point
> them out. Usually, they're irresponsible scum when they doing it, like
> "Mary" and Fredric. And as you just demonstrated, you.

I don't see anything in Ananamuss' post that would demonstrate him/her to
be "irresponsible scum".

Fredric L. Rice

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 8:54:47 AM3/29/08
to
Scientology is a cult <Yo...@ema.yil> wrote:
>FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote in
>news:13us5do...@corp.supernews.com:
>> It's almost 3 a.m. Pacific Time. I got a telephone call from someone
>Woah... Fredric, follow up on this and keep us posted!

I dont think there is anything left to follow up on. If telephone
calls to Riverside law enfircement offices are made, we might find
out a name but I doubt it unless we're family. At best I'll try to
get the name of an officer who knows what it actually was all about.
If a report was made, it shouldf be public unless the person was a
minor and unless no crime is being claimed yet.

But its bizarre how things go. crackpots is probably an easy domain
name to remember.

Fredric L. Rice

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 8:56:16 AM3/29/08
to
Skipper <skipSP...@yahoo.not> wrote:

>Well, you do need to be a little more responsible with your web pages
>or you'll continue to get things like this. Don't you have one up with
>lies about me and my books because you got pissed off politically?

Good fucking grief, Mary. I have repeatedly demanded that you back
up your claims with some evidence. If you think I have a web page
that "tells lies" about you, fucking produce it, cunt.

Fredric L. Rice

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 9:01:24 AM3/29/08
to
Ananamuss <anan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mar 28, 7:09 pm, FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:
>> A year ago a murderer visited one of my web pages -- "Vanishing point:
>> How to disappear in America without a trace" -- and a homicide detective
>That's *your* page? I love that page! I was sent the link some time
>ago (Maybe two or three years?) and I've had it bookmarked since. :)
>Hell, it's even in my del.icio.us. :)
>...not really on topic, I know, but I wanted to give you kudos on a
>great page with some interesting information.

Ha! Thanks! Yeah, it's the most popular web page on Skeptic Tank.
It's an honor to know that a murderer used the information and got
caught along with his accomplice, the murdered man's wife. }:-}

People contribute to that page from time to time.

Fredric L. Rice

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 9:04:31 AM3/29/08
to
Beth <moont...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you get the officer's name?

I have the name and the inbound telephone number so I hope to
see if I can get at least a name of the person who was jogging
away from the Scientology facility.

Tom N

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 8:34:19 PM3/29/08
to
On Mar 28, 4:09 pm, FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:
> It's almost 3 a.m. Pacific Time. I got a telephone call from someone
> claiming to be a Riverside County Sheriff asking me questions about a
> person who was picked up on a highway -- I assume Highway 79 -- who
> had been _jogging_ East toward Hemet and had claimed to have "escaped"
> from the Gilman Hot Springs cult facility. The person mentioned the
> crackpots.org web site to the police officer so I was called -- on a
> private telephone line number, no less, which is mildly disturbing.

Horseshit.

That's a fantasy you made up out of whole cloth.

If that had happenned it would be in the news, and I've searched
the websites of the news/talk radio stations serving the area and
there is no mention of any such event.

http://www.ontheradio.net/cities/hemet_ca.aspx

But I have no doubt that the bigots here will simply take your
word for it.

Although they wouldn't if you had something positive to allegedly
report about Scientology.

<snip>

Tom Newton

EvilZoe

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 8:53:13 PM3/29/08
to

I'm not sure why you bother to post at all, Tom. Not a single person
here puts any sort of creedence into a word you say.

Are you lonely? Would you like a friend?

Scientology is a cult

unread,
Mar 29, 2008, 8:35:00 PM3/29/08
to
EvilZoe <evi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:244f29ab-1ea4-414f-a9c2-
f78332...@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Tom has a strange perception of how media works. Where I work we get
dozens of media release faxes in an hour from different PDs, all
reporting on the lamest shit possible so much so they go unread for
HOURS. "Confused man found on side of highway" would NEVER be reported
even on the slowest of slow days.

Tom seems to think there are galleys filled with reporters -- each one of
them paid for doing this -- pouring over government docs looking for
something to make a story out of. He also seems to think there are media
cameras and microphones *EVERYWHERE*, and that the second something
occurs out in the wilderness regular programming is interrupted with live
footage from the scene.

Tom has no clue about how the media works. In a sense, he and LRH have a
lot in common: they claim to know a lot about everything and talk as
though they do, but the evidence in favour sure is lacking in comparison
to the mounds of evidence against.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages