True Love Forever Day

David Dalton

Aug 16, 2023, 12:41:59 AM8/16/23
Today (August 16) is True Love Forever Day.

It is also National Rum Day. and the national rum of Newfoundland
is Screech, a black rum distilled in Jamaica (it used to be traded
for salt fish) and used in Newfoundland in Screech-In ceremonies.

Since it is black I find it appropriate that it is associated with
today’s new/dark moon, and perhaps there can be a Screech-in
into a new age.

Ha, as usual I am grasping at straws.

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)

David Dalton

Aug 16, 2023, 11:08:37 PM8/16/23
On Aug 16, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2A8C8B1500...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Today (August 16) is True Love Forever Day.
>
> It is also National Rum Day. and the national rum of Newfoundland
> is Screech, a black rum distilled in Jamaica (it used to be traded
> for salt fish) and used in Newfoundland in Screech-In ceremonies.
>
> Since it is black I find it appropriate that it is associated with
> today’s new/dark moon, and perhaps there can be a Screech-in
> into a new age.
>
> Ha, as usual I am grasping at straws.

Now it is early August 17, which is
National Black Cat Appreciation Day
and the black cat could also represent dark moon.