Kerry Shirts: Mormon or Moron

joshman

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote in message <6fsgo5$gso$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
>Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
>This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
>Shirts. Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
>those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
>Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.
>
>I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
>the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
>to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here. There may be
>fringe Mormons, Jack Mormons, and (as Shirts apparently is) Mormon
>wannabes. The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the
>LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup. They would
>be spreading the gospel, becoming involved in their calling, or spending
>time with their family, all cornerstones of the Mormon faith. The last I
>heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
>mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
>
>Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get
>off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
>and in your community. If you aren't worthy, getting off this thing would
>be a good first step.

Well, then get the hell off.

Vincent H.

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Occasionally, they even judge their own...

Vincent H.

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

ArmCop wrote:

> >Occasionally, they even judge their own...
> >

> More evidence of what a stupid fuck you are... Coyle is cool... he ain't no
> mormon
>
> Just the facts, Ma'am.
>
> Joe Friday

Oh, sorry! What a stupid fuck I am :)

joshman

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

ArmCop wrote in message <199804010557...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>Occasionally, they even judge their own...
>>

>More evidence of what a stupid fuck you are... Coyle is cool... he ain't no
>mormon

and you talk about MY language??

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

ArmCop

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

>Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
>those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.

You're a lying cocksucker who can't keep a woman

ArmCop

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

>Occasionally, they even judge their own...

More evidence of what a stupid fuck you are... Coyle is cool... he ain't no
mormon

McIntire Family

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

Robert L Coyle judged:

> Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
> This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> Shirts.

Generally, if a person sends all his messages at once, they get posted
closely together.

Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.

> Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.

And you should decide?

> I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
> to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.

Guess he gets to judge, also. Real Mormons don't get to have ANY
recreational time. They all have to be spreading the word of God ALL the
time!

There may be
> fringe Mormons, Jack Mormons, and (as Shirts apparently is) Mormon
> wannabes. The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the
> LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup. They would
> be spreading the gospel, becoming involved in their calling, or spending
> time with their family, all cornerstones of the Mormon faith. The last I
> heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
> mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.

See what I mean! Of course, this Mormon girl just wants to have fun some
of the time.

> Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get
> off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
> and in your community. If you aren't worthy, getting off this thing would
> be a good first step.

And you need to judge others the way you'd like people to judge you!

Linda McIntire

David Bowie

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

And lo, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) did write:

: Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.

: This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother

: Shirts...

Yeah--it's much easier to assume he types *really* fast, and not that he
has an offline newsreader that uploiads posts all at once...

<snip>

David, who thinks Robert should've looked at the X-Newsreader header
--
Remove the % from my e-mail address to reply
David Bowie dbowie@mail%.sas.upenn.edu

Steve O'Neil

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
wrote:

>Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
>This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother

>Shirts. Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter

>those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
>Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.

Personally all of the posts I've read from Kerry have been quite
descent. As far as mormons spending time on here I can fill my church
responsibilities and have time for the Internet. Like Kerry, I spend a
lot of time maintaining an LDS website that I hope will help other
people. I look though the posts on a.r.m. hoping to find interesting
posts. Most of my posts aren't responding to antis though I occasiony
find it impossible to ignore some of the outrageous claims posted.

R.L. Measures

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

In article <35224637...@news.iinet.net.au>, son...@iinet.net.au
(Steve O'Neil) wrote:

> On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
> wrote:
>
> >Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
> >This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> >Shirts. Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> >those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
> >Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.
>
> Personally all of the posts I've read from Kerry have been quite
> descent.

€ Indeed, indeed. His descent from reality has been quite amazing.

> is no less than inAs far as mormons spending time on here I can fill my church

> responsibilities and have time for the Internet. Like Kerry, I spend a
> lot of time maintaining an LDS website that I hope will help other
> people. I look though the posts on a.r.m. hoping to find interesting
> posts. Most of my posts aren't responding to antis though I occasiony
> find it impossible to ignore some of the outrageous claims posted.

€ In your opinion, Mr. Coyle, what are a few of the most outrageous
non-Dirksian ones?
--
- Rich... - 805-386-3734, ag6k; take away plus from e-mail address

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

David Bowie (dbowie@mail%.sas.upenn.edu) wrote:
: And lo, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) did write:

: : Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.

: : This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother

: : Shirts...

: Yeah--it's much easier to assume he types *really* fast, and not that he
: has an offline newsreader that uploiads posts all at once...

Brother Shirts seems to have FAR too much free time of his hands.

Steven Gordon

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

>: : Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
>: : This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
>: : Shirts...

Kerry lives in Idaho. There are just a few people who live there. To
socialize, you can't very well go out and hold a *normal* human conversation
with somebody--you'd have to shout across 5 miles of potato fields. That
leaves him with only two forms of intercourse (conversation). And I bet he
gets tired of talking doctrine and archeology with truckers on I-84 on that
ole beat-up Radio Shack CB.

Fourteen posts in one evening? Was that to this newsgroup, or to all the
newsgroups Kerry addresses in a typical dull Idaho night?

Ditton Wilson

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

Steven Gordon wrote in message <6fub67$d...@argentina.earthlink.net>...

Ok Asshole- you can attack Kerry all you want but when you defile the
greatest state in the Northern Hemisphere you are really pushing it.
There is all kinds of stuff to do around here. in fact, there is a
Monster truck rally in pocatello this week-end. : )
d.wilson
Who has everything he needs right here in Idaho

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

Fourteen posts in one evening? Was that to this newsgroup, or to all the
newsgroups Kerry addresses in a typical dull Idaho night?

Where he lives may be dull but HE isnt..I like Kerry just the way he is.I dont
always agree, (I SELDOM agree actually..lol) BUT hey there are people who spend
5 hrs a day watching the boob tube and NOTHING is said.
I do my posts between assignments for work usually.
I type very fast and Here on [posts I dont give a rats bum to correct ANY typos
etc ..Kerry SCANS an AWFUL lot and if he'd just say more of what he believes
in HIS words Id likeit better, but hey he calls me Fawnie babes, and that makes
me melt:))
SMOOCH to ya Kerry.
Your arguments at times make no sense to me ( or mine to you) BUT you are cute
as christmas in my book.
Fawnie

Garry Scarff

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:

> Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
> This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> Shirts. Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
> Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.
>
> I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
> to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here. There may be

> fringe Mormons, Jack Mormons, and (as Shirts apparently is) Mormon
> wannabes. The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the
> LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup. They would
> be spreading the gospel, becoming involved in their calling, or spending
> time with their family, all cornerstones of the Mormon faith. The last I
> heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
> mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
>
> Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get
> off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
> and in your community. If you aren't worthy, getting off this thing would
> be a good first step.

Actually, you're incorrect. The Internet has become a great witnessing
and marketing tool for many churches, not just the Mormons. Internet
accessibility is not available in libraries, schools, churches and
community centers worldwide. Here in Los Angeles, many cafes have
computers you can rent by the hour to access Internet. What's a better
way to reach millions worldwide than through the Internet?

Nomad

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

On Wed, 01 Apr 1998 15:21:54 -0500, "Steven Gordon"
<gordo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>: : Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
>>: : This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother

>>: : Shirts...
>
>Kerry lives in Idaho. There are just a few people who live there. To
>socialize, you can't very well go out and hold a *normal* human conversation
>with somebody--you'd have to shout across 5 miles of potato fields. That
>leaves him with only two forms of intercourse (conversation). And I bet he
>gets tired of talking doctrine and archeology with truckers on I-84 on that
>ole beat-up Radio Shack CB.
>

>Fourteen posts in one evening? Was that to this newsgroup, or to all the
>newsgroups Kerry addresses in a typical dull Idaho night?

I just read that the newest recognized form of mental illness is
habitual use of the internet. It is defined to be spending more than
39 hours per week posting to the internet to the exclusion of family
responsibilities. I could not help but think of Kerry when I read
that. :^)

Nomad
http://scribers.midwest.net/dmorriso/

And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them
alone: for if this counsel or this work be of man, it will
come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it;
lest haply ye be found even to fight against God. Acts 5:38-39

Craig Anderson

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

wrote:

>Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet?

Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?

> Apparently not.
>This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother

>Shirts.

So what? I've seen the same from various other individuals at times too.
Doesn't mean anything other than they happened to be reading through the
posts and responded to a bunch.

>I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
>the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
>to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.

ROFL! Well, I'm a "real" Mormon so obviously there are some!

> The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the
>LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup.

Ah, so discussing religion over the internet is a waste of time, huh?
But I suppose it's not a waste of time if you do IRL, right? ROFL!

>The last I
>heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
>mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.

So what?

>Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get
>off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
>and in your community.

Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he
ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).

Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.

Craig

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

: wrote:

: >Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet?

: Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?

Because he continually chooses to inflict it upon us, though his Official
Declarations of Mormon mythology.

: > Apparently not.

: >This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
: >Shirts.

: So what? I've seen the same from various other individuals at times too.
: Doesn't mean anything other than they happened to be reading through the
: posts and responded to a bunch.

"Responding to a bunch" indicates that he has far too much time on his
hands.

I've stated before that this newsgroup is populated by fringe Mormons and
Mormon-wannabes. I think Kerry falls into either (or both) of these
categories. If he were truly a Mormon, he wouldn't have TIME to waste
on this newsgroup, because he would be out doing what he is supposed
to be doing: preaching the Revised Gospel.

: >I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of

: >the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
: >to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.

: ROFL! Well, I'm a "real" Mormon so obviously there are some!

Really? See above.

: > The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the

: >LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup.

: Ah, so discussing religion over the internet is a waste of time, huh?
: But I suppose it's not a waste of time if you do IRL, right? ROFL!

I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.

: >The last I

: >heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
: >mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.

: So what?

See above.

: >Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get

: >off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
: >and in your community.

: Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he
: ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).

He seems that it is his responsibility to tell the rest of us what WE
should be doing. You seem to have a double-standard (in view of your
admission of Mormonism, that's not surprising).

: Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.

In what way. Time to put your reputation where your mouth is.

Clifford Statum

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
<6g0lae$1r5$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> Craig Anderson (cra...@brigadoonX.com) wrote:
> : On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
> : wrote:
> : >Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet?
> : Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?
> Because he continually chooses to inflict it upon us, though his Official
> Declarations of Mormon mythology.

As I recall, the name of the forum is alt.religion.mormon (although you
probably prefer anything.but.mormonism). Kerry's postings are quite
appropriate for this forum. If you don't like them, go lurk somewhere else.

> : > Apparently not.
> : >This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from
Brother
> : >Shirts.

Talk about someone in need of a life ! Your sole purpose in life is to
count postings to a.r.m. ? Grow up.

> : So what? I've seen the same from various other individuals at times
too.
> : Doesn't mean anything other than they happened to be reading through
the
> : posts and responded to a bunch.
>
> "Responding to a bunch" indicates that he has far too much time on his
> hands.

Again, you are in a poor position to criticise.

> I've stated before that this newsgroup is populated by fringe Mormons and
> Mormon-wannabes. I think Kerry falls into either (or both) of these
> categories. If he were truly a Mormon, he wouldn't have TIME to waste
> on this newsgroup, because he would be out doing what he is supposed
> to be doing: preaching the Revised Gospel.

By this statement you place your intelligence in question. Go tell Richard
Measures or Tim Hall that they are Mormon-wannabees. BTW, where do
you fit in, fringe or wannabee ? And where do you get off telling Kerry
where
he's supposed to be ?

> : >I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> : >the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came

> : >to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.
> : ROFL! Well, I'm a "real" Mormon so obviously there are some!
> Really? See above.

I would be curious as to the identity of your imaginary friend.

> : > The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the
> : >LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup.

Just what is your concept of a 'worthy' member ? And what
validity does it have, as you are not LDS ? That's like telling
Naomi what it means to be an observant Jew when you aren't
Jewish.

> : Ah, so discussing religion over the internet is a waste of time, huh?
> : But I suppose it's not a waste of time if you do IRL, right? ROFL!
>
> I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.

Post something intelligent (for a change) and then judge his response.

> : >The last I
> : >heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
> : >mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
> : So what?
> See above.

Again, who are you to judge Kerry's efforts a calling ? And 'so-called
antimormons' ? I suspect that your animus is your inability to respond
to Kerry.

> : >Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to
get
> : >off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your
ward
> : >and in your community.
>
> : Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he
> : ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).
>
> He seems that it is his responsibility to tell the rest of us what WE
> should be doing. You seem to have a double-standard (in view of your
> admission of Mormonism, that's not surprising).

Neither is your hypocrisy.

> : Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.
>
> In what way. Time to put your reputation where your mouth is.

Judging by the content of your postings, it's your reputation that
is in question, not Craig's.

--Clifford

Brian Love

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

In article <6g0lae$1r5$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L.
Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> Craig Anderson (cra...@brigadoonX.com) wrote:
> : On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
> : wrote:
>
> : >Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet?
>
> : Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?
>
> Because he continually chooses to inflict it upon us, though his Official
> Declarations of Mormon mythology.

Well, this is "alt.religion.mormon" what do you expect when you read here?

> : > Apparently not.
> : >This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> : >Shirts.
>

> : So what? I've seen the same from various other individuals at times too.
> : Doesn't mean anything other than they happened to be reading through the
> : posts and responded to a bunch.
>
> "Responding to a bunch" indicates that he has far too much time on his
> hands.
>

> I've stated before that this newsgroup is populated by fringe Mormons and
> Mormon-wannabes. I think Kerry falls into either (or both) of these
> categories. If he were truly a Mormon, he wouldn't have TIME to waste
> on this newsgroup, because he would be out doing what he is supposed
> to be doing: preaching the Revised Gospel.

Fallacy: No TRUE Scotsman

> : >I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> : >the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
> : >to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.

And your friend is an expert on what makes a "real Mormon"? Perhaps he is
limited in his viewpoint. Unless of course you are referring to a divine
friend.

> : ROFL! Well, I'm a "real" Mormon so obviously there are some!
>
> Really? See above.
>

> : > The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the
> : >LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup.
>

> : Ah, so discussing religion over the internet is a waste of time, huh?
> : But I suppose it's not a waste of time if you do IRL, right? ROFL!
>
> I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.

Then please observe the last 3 months of Kerry's posts

> : >The last I
> : >heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
> : >mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
>
> : So what?
>
> See above.
>

> : >Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get
> : >off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
> : >and in your community.
>
> : Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he
> : ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).
>
> He seems that it is his responsibility to tell the rest of us what WE
> should be doing. You seem to have a double-standard (in view of your
> admission of Mormonism, that's not surprising).

But he's only propagating it to alt.religion.mormon, and if you were not
interested in what people think about Restoration churches, such as LDS
(Young), RLDS, and LDS (Strang) then what are you doing reading here??

> : Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.

And you are free to do so, but don't expect people here to agree with you.

> In what way. Time to put your reputation where your mouth is.

--
Brian Love
Blizzard Entertainment

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

: Coyle Jr.) wrote:

: > : >I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of

: > : >the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
: > : >to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.

: And your friend is an expert on what makes a "real Mormon"? Perhaps he is
: limited in his viewpoint. Unless of course you are referring to a divine
: friend.

He is a High Priest. Of course, his interest in Mormon mythology is based
on ignorance. Didn't one of the GAs state that one of the greatest enemies
of the LDS is the intellectual?

: > He seems that it is his responsibility to tell the rest of us what WE

: > should be doing. You seem to have a double-standard (in view of your
: > admission of Mormonism, that's not surprising).

: But he's only propagating it to alt.religion.mormon, and if you were not
: interested in what people think about Restoration churches, such as LDS
: (Young), RLDS, and LDS (Strang) then what are you doing reading here??

Which one of these is the "true church?" In whose eyes? According to who?

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Clifford Statum <clif...@netdoor.com> wrote in article
<01bd5e82$e0f11fa0$33d094d0@default>...

> Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> <6g0lae$1r5$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> > Craig Anderson (cra...@brigadoonX.com) wrote:
> > : On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
(snip)

> > I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.
>

> Post something intelligent (for a change) and then judge his response.

Aw man.......what you trying to do spoil my fun with Mr. Crisp? ;-)

Kerry A. "Still a wastin my time" Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Brian Love <bl...@blizzard.com> wrote in article
<blove-02049...@207.82.69.205>...
> In article <6g0lae$1r5$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert
L.

> Coyle Jr.) wrote:
>
> > Craig Anderson (cra...@brigadoonX.com) wrote:
> > : On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
(snip)

> > I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.
>

> Then please observe the last 3 months of Kerry's posts

Thanks Brian.....actually, I also have a website where Mr. Rob whatshisface
can look into and notice that I almost mention Mormonism, at least once, I
think:
http://www.cyberhighway.net/~shirtail/mormonis.htm

Kerry A. "You the same Brian Love on the Old Prodigy boards? You hear from
Andy McGuire lately? I'd LOVE (pun, pun) to get in touch with him again"
Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
<6g0lae$1r5$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> Craig Anderson (cra...@brigadoonX.com) wrote:
> : On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)

> : wrote:
>
> : >Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet?
>
> : Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?
>
> Because he continually chooses to inflict it upon us, though his Official
> Declarations of Mormon mythology.

Oh to be sure....I inflict you dear Bro. Doyle, er Coyle...... yes, the
torture is almost more than is bearable. Oh please do forgive........(after
all.....THAT ***IS**** religion)

> I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.

DUH......what you only read this newsgroup for the last day? I am
CONSTANTLY discussing, and heavens knows I certainly CAN DRUM UP WITNESSES
here, to PROVE that. Heck I've been told to SHUT THE HECK UP because I talk
WAY TOO MUCH RELIGION.....der dee der der der..........

> : >The last I
> : >heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
> : >mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.

Oh.....you didn't hear the latest revelation from Orrin Porter Rockwell? He
appeared to me in vision and gave me his mantle (hair and all - GRIN! Yeah
bozo, come to the website to get the joke, you clown:
http://www.cyberhighway.net/~shirtail/mormonis.htm)

Soooooo, this IS my calling.......

> : So what?
>
> See above.
>
> : >Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to
get
> : >off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your
ward
> : >and in your community.

How do you KNOW I am not already doing so? Just because you are slow as
molasses running uphill in January does not mean I am also. You need to do
your own thing and mellow towards judging others......just my humble,
righteous, almost translatable opinion ya know......

> : Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he
> : ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).
>

> He seems that it is his responsibility to tell the rest of us what WE
> should be doing.

That's right, get off yer dead ass, and get goin with it man! GRIN!
Perhaps, you don't understand the idea behind Home Teaching, Church
Meetings, Missionary work, geneology, etc., etc., etc.....???

> : Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.
>

> In what way. Time to put your reputation where your mouth is.

I'll put my mouth where my reputation is just for you. What I do with my
time is absolutely NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. That's just the baeuty of free
agency. You will be judged by your own works, your own words, your own lack
of whatever it is you lack in, etc. What i do has absolutely NOTHING to do
with what your judgement will be about. Gee ain't that nice?

Kerry A. "You wanted religion, you got it....KNOCK OFF THE SELF RIGHTEOUS
JUDGMENTAL ATTITUDE" Shirts
P.S. I still love ya bro., even though you appear to be Moronic.......

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Craig Anderson <cra...@brigadoonX.com> wrote in article
<3523cb6b....@news.asymetrix.com>...

> On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
> wrote:
>
> >Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet?
>
> Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?

Well, because see, since he does not attend his Relief Society Meetings,
it is sure to reflect upon the attendance of other members at Sacrament
Meeting, in Dallas Texas as well as Sacramento California, and since that
will cause the Home Teaching to be less than 3% this month, only in
Michigan and New York though, good think Conneticut gets outta this one,
then Kerry Shirts be damned for daring talk amongst friends on the Internet
when there is so much money to be made in Amway!

> > Apparently not.
> >This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> >Shirts.
>
> So what? I've seen the same from various other individuals at times too.
> Doesn't mean anything other than they happened to be reading through the
> posts and responded to a bunch.

HARUMPH! 14 is MEAGER compared to what I HAVE posted....but then since
Coyle coils and re-coyle's from getting too involved he wouldn't know.....

> >I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> >the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
> >to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.
>

> ROFL! Well, I'm a "real" Mormon so obviously there are some!

Oh my! And to think, that one friend just knows it all.......well dad-gum
me all to lil ole Hade's for a bit to eat with Devil man and his wife
Lucy-Fur.......Now wait......we ain't dancin, I'm a home teachin, so that
counts for something.......Besides, the cloven hoof man, the cloven hoof!
To see the cloven hoof! What a spiritual experience THAT is bound to
be........besides, that's why we ain't a dancin. Could you imagine the pain
when that yoyo would step on your own feet?!

> > The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the

> >LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup.
>
> Ah, so discussing religion over the internet is a waste of time, huh?
> But I suppose it's not a waste of time if you do IRL, right? ROFL!

No, he feels justified in wasting his own life and time damning others for
doing so.....

> >The last I
> >heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
> >mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
>

> So what?

Besides, he fails to realize that Orson's Pratt came to me in a dream and
spooked off ole Rockerfeller.....er Rockwell, who got to me first in the
vision to call me to this calling, and ole Orson said he'd "Tanner"
Rockwell's "Hyde" if he so much as tries to "Taylor" me to stay "Young" in
my calling. It is time to get on the band wagon brethren and gopher it!
Whether as "Smiths" we use to forge the mighty word or use excellent
sandpaper on "ruffwood" we must utilize our callings as best we can and use
all the paper and "inckley" we can to write and post and spread
religionen........

> >Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get
> >off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
> >and in your community.
>

> Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he
> ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).

Yeah especially when you call the Internet a "damn thing" you "damn thing"
you!

> Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.

Thanks Craig......it makes me laugh all the time......

> Craig

Kerry A. "So NYAH Robert L. Coyle, Jr" Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Nomad <dmor...@midwest.net> wrote in article
<352fdfd2...@news.midwest.net>...

> On Wed, 01 Apr 1998 15:21:54 -0500, "Steven Gordon"
> <gordo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

(snip)

> I just read that the newest recognized form of mental illness is
> habitual use of the internet. It is defined to be spending more than
> 39 hours per week posting to the internet to the exclusion of family
> responsibilities. I could not help but think of Kerry when I read
> that. :^)

Howling giggles.......oh yeah, yeah, to be sure. Throw the family out man,
I GOT THE INTERNET TO PLAY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRIN!

Kerry A. Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<35235B...@mindspring.com>...
> Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:
(snip)

> Actually, you're incorrect. The Internet has become a great witnessing
> and marketing tool for many churches, not just the Mormons. Internet
> accessibility is not available in libraries, schools, churches and
> community centers worldwide. Here in Los Angeles, many cafes have
> computers you can rent by the hour to access Internet. What's a better
> way to reach millions worldwide than through the Internet?

Well, based on Coyle's recent performances and lijjick, I would say he
thinks talking with approximately 8 guys in Priesthood is far more
effective......Now, while that indeed is quite enjoyable, I know my website
has been visited by umpteen thousands who are able to utilize my research
to help umpteen thousands more...but to Coyle this is mere worry-wart
waste.....Oh well, can't please em all........

Kerry A. Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Ditton Wilson <4...@ventures.org> wrote in article
<6fup4f$ebe$1...@usenet53.supernews.com>...

> Steven Gordon wrote in message <6fub67$d...@argentina.earthlink.net>...

> >>: : Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently

> not.
> >>: : This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from
> Brother

> >>: : Shirts...
> >
> >Kerry lives in Idaho. There are just a few people who live there. To
> >socialize, you can't very well go out and hold a *normal* human
> conversation
> >with somebody--you'd have to shout across 5 miles of potato fields.
> That
> >leaves him with only two forms of intercourse (conversation). And I
> bet he
> >gets tired of talking doctrine and archeology with truckers on I-84 on
> that
> >ole beat-up Radio Shack CB.
> >
> >Fourteen posts in one evening? Was that to this newsgroup, or to all
> the
> >newsgroups Kerry addresses in a typical dull Idaho night?
>

> Ok Asshole- you can attack Kerry all you want but when you defile the
> greatest state in the Northern Hemisphere you are really pushing it.
> There is all kinds of stuff to do around here. in fact, there is a
> Monster truck rally in pocatello this week-end. : )
> d.wilson
> Who has everything he needs right here in Idaho

LAUGH! Get em Ditton, GET EM!!!!!! Hey, we oughtta go fishin sometime and
enjoy the great outdoors together. Wait til you see em bite as you read the
Pearl of Great Price to em - GRIN!

Kerry A. Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Vincent H. <ven...@infowest.com> wrote in article
<3521EA78...@infowest.com>...

> Oh, sorry! What a stupid fuck I am :)

Hey now.....watch your language it'll "Coyle" your hair...........

Kerry A. "Just call me Mr. Clever tonight" Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

R.L. Measures <meas...@mail.vcnet.com> wrote in article
<meas+ures-010...@port106.dial.vcnet.com>...

> In article <35224637...@news.iinet.net.au>, son...@iinet.net.au
> (Steve O'Neil) wrote:
>

> > On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)

(snip)

> > Personally all of the posts I've read from Kerry have been quite
> > descent.
>
> € Indeed, indeed. His descent from reality has been quite amazing.

Laugh.....Oh sure, sure, but YOUR reality is the real one eh?

> > is no less than inAs far as mormons spending time on here I can fill my
church
> > responsibilities and have time for the Internet. Like Kerry, I spend a
> > lot of time maintaining an LDS website that I hope will help other
> > people. I look though the posts on a.r.m. hoping to find interesting
> > posts. Most of my posts aren't responding to antis though I occasiony
> > find it impossible to ignore some of the outrageous claims posted.
>
> € In your opinion, Mr. Coyle, what are a few of the most outrageous
> non-Dirksian ones?

Are you kidding? If Coyle couldn't get anything correct about me, how come
you would depend on him for something like this? And you talk about MY
descent away from reality! LOL!

> --
> - Rich... - 805-386-3734, ag6k; take away plus from e-mail address

Kerry A. Shirts

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Well, based on Coyle's recent performances and lijjick, I would say he
thinks talking with approximately 8 guys in Priesthood is far more
effective......Now, while that indeed is quite enjoyable, I know my website
has been visited by umpteen thousands who are able to utilize my research
to help umpteen thousands more...but to Coyle this is mere worry-wart
waste.....Oh well, can't please em all........

Kerry A. Shirts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
*******************
Kery..ahem..ahem..ahem..I dont know any of these people from a hole in the
wall BUT..UM..your website is..well..anyhow..you scan TOO much. Really.
And..well..well....PERSONAL contact is as important as internet contact..Im
just saying that as a minister who does all of his ministering on the NET for
instance and NOT much in person ..well..unless there is a reason of physcial
problems..Id say the MINISTER may suffer some from that lack of as much contact
as one may need.
I like your stuff when YOU say it from YOUR heart.The scanned material is way
off base at times though certain points and a person just reading them for the
first time may think its accurate when in actuality so very much is apologist
spin.
Hugs anyhow
fawn

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

In article <6fsgo5$gso$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
> This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> Shirts.

If recollection serves, those posts consist of a sentence or two at the most.
Is there some "word limit" to Kerry's posts that I'm not aware of? I though
he enjoyed free speech as much as the rest of us?

>Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.

Kerry rarely does that except to those opponents whom he knows well and who
"deserve" it in his estimation.

Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll see the
real genius that is Kerry Shirts.

> Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.

I agree. Most "believing Mormons" in general haven't the IQ nor
historical nor linguistic background of a Kerry Shirts.

> I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
> to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.

With that kind of "statistical survey" I can prove that all communists are
Jehovah's Witnesses!

>There may be fringe Mormons, Jack Mormons, and (as Shirts apparently is)

>Mormon wannabes. The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the

> LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup.

Bogus logic and implicitly arrogant L.D.S. "busyness." Maybe when you have
"time" to rest from your exhausting round of endless church meetings and
organized church activities, you'll begin to see that articulate internet
argumentation may be more important for the salvation of souls than all your
church meetings combined!

How utterly ironic that your anti-intellectualism stems from a Net address
ending in "edu." How much "edu'ing" do you really do if all this internet
combativeness is a "waste of time"?

>They would be spreading the gospel, becoming involved in their calling,

Why can't a person have a self-chosen or native "calling" to work on the
internet and "spread the gospel" thereby?

>or spending time with their family, all cornerstones of the Mormon faith. The
>last I heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth [GIVE ME A BREAK!]
>to so-called anti-mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.

Maybe you "heard" wrong.

> Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get

> off this damn [SUCH "FILTH" OUGHT NOT TO BE ALLOWED ON THE INTERNET!] thing

> and become involved with the activities of your ward and in your community.

The Moral: Church busyness is more important than deep understanding of the
Gospel in the interplay of conflicting ideas.

> If you aren't worthy, getting off this thing would be a good first step.

Why don't you grab your L.D.S. lapbook and suck your thumb back to sleep?

We don't have to be anti-intellectuals in order to be fine, discriminating
Mormon Christians. We need not aspire to have the IQ of a squid, shy away
from controversial topics, nor "cocoon" ourselves in the unthinking mantle of
church busyness.

Kerry,

Stay on the 'Net as much as you can. Your fresh views and perceptive
historical and linguistic insights as well as devastating humor are sorely
needed.

Respectfully,

Gerry L. Ensley.

iced...@divide.net

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

> > Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.
>
> Thanks Craig......it makes me laugh all the time......
> >
> > Craig
>
> Kerry A. "So NYAH Robert L. Coyle, Jr" Shirts

Kerry, I haven't followed this thread.. is Coyle asserting that if you're not
a Mormon then you must be a moron? That's an interesting point of view from
an anti-Mormon.... *BIG GRIN!*

---->Calm down Robert, I was just kidding.... put down the gun! :-D

-Greg

Bob

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Robert:

I notice you have the time to pound the keys away from your family.
What religion then are you 'Jack' of? Bob

Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:

> Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
> This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother

> Shirts. Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter

> those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.

> Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think not.
>

> I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came

> to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here. There may be

> fringe Mormons, Jack Mormons, and (as Shirts apparently is) Mormon
> wannabes. The reason is simple: if someone IS a worthy member of the

> LDS, they don't have the TIME to waste on this newsgroup. They would
> be spreading the gospel, becoming involved in their calling, or spending

> time with their family, all cornerstones of the Mormon faith. The last I

> heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-

> mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
>

> Kerry, if you really are a worthy member of the church, you need to get

> off this damn thing and become involved with the activities of your ward
> and in your community. If you aren't worthy, getting off this thing would

Bob

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:

> Because he continually chooses to inflict it upon us, though his Official
> Declarations of Mormon mythology.

O.K. Robert, now listen carefully . . . this is the way it works. Take
that little thing with the buttons on it called a 'mouse'. And when you
see Kerry's name on the NG, don't but the little thingy, (mouse) on his
name and you won't be inflicted with Kerry's statement. Think you can
do that? Bob

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Curious..are they mutually exclusive? Can one be a moron AND a Morman?..I dont
know any morons HERE but to say one has to beone or the other means one cant
be BOTH?..LOL..LOL
Fawn

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Kerry,

Stay on the 'Net as much as you can. Your fresh views and perceptive
historical and linguistic insights as well as devastating humor are sorely
needed.

Respectfully,

Gerry L. Ensley.

***********
I agree..Kerry has VERY fresh ideas ( not always accurate but fresh as a babies
bum after its born)..he is funny and well sometimes the dry WIT is dry ROT but
he makes a good attempt!..hahha..Hislinguistic skills are okay when they are
scanned verbatim buit when he posts HIS thoughts alone ( TOO rare in my book)
they are about average for a newsgroup.All in all Id say he seems like a just
normal guy who likes topost here. Cant fault that either. At least he isnt on
the men who suck toes newsgroup.THAT would be frightening!
Fawn

Craig Anderson

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

On 2 Apr 1998 18:27:26 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
wrote:

>Craig Anderson (cra...@brigadoonX.com) wrote:
>: On 1 Apr 1998 04:44:53 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)

>: Why do you care about Kerry's personal life?

>Because he continually chooses to inflict it upon us, though his Official
>Declarations of Mormon mythology.

That's what this entire newsgroup is about. Methinks thou doth protest a
little too much.

>: So what? I've seen the same from various other individuals at times too.

>: Doesn't mean anything other than they happened to be reading through the
>: posts and responded to a bunch.
>

>"Responding to a bunch" indicates that he has far too much time on his
>hands.

In your opinion, of course. It may be that time could be spent in face
to face contact explaining the gospel. And it may be that time could be
spent providing the safe information in cybersafe to the benefit of many
as well. You just think he ought to do it the way you want him to.

>I've stated before that this newsgroup is populated by fringe Mormons and
>Mormon-wannabes. I think Kerry falls into either (or both) of these
>categories. If he were truly a Mormon, he wouldn't have TIME to waste
>on this newsgroup, because he would be out doing what he is supposed
>to be doing: preaching the Revised Gospel.
>

>: >I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of

>: >the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
>: >to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.
>

>: ROFL! Well, I'm a "real" Mormon so obviously there are some!
>
>Really? See above.

So, I'm supposed to think from this little remark that I must _really_
be either a "fringe" Mormon or a Mormon-wannabe, eh? ROFL! You are so
pompous and judgmental it's ridiculous!

>: Ah, so discussing religion over the internet is a waste of time, huh?

>: But I suppose it's not a waste of time if you do IRL, right? ROFL!
>

>I have yet to see a post where Br. Shirts is "discussing" religion.

Mostly because you haven't been here all that long. Kerry is famous for
some very long discussions about the gospel.

>: >The last I

>: >heard, hunching over a keyboard, pounding out filth to so-called anti-
>: >mormons on alt.religion.mormon was NOT a calling.
>

>: So what?
>
>See above.

What is in the "above" that is at all pertinent?

>: Well, I hardly think it is your responsibility to tell Kerry what he

>: ought to be doing (nor mine, for that matter).
>

>He seems that it is his responsibility to tell the rest of us what WE

>should be doing. You seem to have a double-standard (in view of your
>admission of Mormonism, that's not surprising).

In your opinion. Frankly, I'd say your opinion on this is not worth a
great deal, as you've done nothing but blather about trivialities and
complain that someone doesn't spend their time in the particular manner
that _you_ think they should, which is simply nonsense.

>: Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly appropriate.
>
>In what way. Time to put your reputation where your mouth is.

He spreads the gospel via cyberspace. Perfectly appropriate. As for your
little challenge above, considering the source, it is laughable.

Craig

Kerry Shirts

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

FAWNSCRIBE <fawns...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199804032135...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> Kerry,
>
> Stay on the 'Net as much as you can. Your fresh views and perceptive
> historical and linguistic insights as well as devastating humor are
sorely
> needed.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Gerry L. Ensley.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> ***********
> I agree..Kerry has VERY fresh ideas ( not always accurate but fresh as a
babies
> bum after its born)..

Chuckle..... my what an image to behold.....GRIN!

>he is funny and well sometimes the dry WIT is dry ROT but
> he makes a good attempt!..hahha..Hislinguistic skills are okay when
they are
> scanned verbatim buit when he posts HIS thoughts alone ( TOO rare in my
book)
> they are about average for a newsgroup.

O.K.? O.K.?????? Well.....O.K........

>All in all Id say he seems like a just
> normal guy who likes topost here. Cant fault that either. At least he
isnt on
> the men who suck toes newsgroup.THAT would be frightening!
> Fawn

Kerry A. Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote in article
<6g3gu3$jlm$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> In article <6fsgo5$gso$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> >

> > Does Kerry Shirts have a life apart from the Internet? Apparently not.
> > This evening, I counted a total of FOURTEEN posts IN A ROW from Brother
> > Shirts.
>

> If recollection serves, those posts consist of a sentence or two at the
most.
> Is there some "word limit" to Kerry's posts that I'm not aware of? I
though
> he enjoyed free speech as much as the rest of us?
>

> >Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> > those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
>

> Kerry rarely does that except to those opponents whom he knows well and
who
> "deserve" it in his estimation.

And, I hasten to add, at times I am wrong, so I end up apologizing as
well......Just trying to be fair ya know......

> Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll see
the
> real genius that is Kerry Shirts.

Oh for......(blushing)....... more praise, more praise.......GRIN! Thanks,
that's kind to say......

> > Is this behavior that is typical of True Believing Mormons. I think
not.

> I agree. Most "believing Mormons" in general haven't the IQ nor
> historical nor linguistic background of a Kerry Shirts.

OMIGOSH!!!!! Gene bud, you are beginning to make my ego grow, so lets keep
er calm palsy.......(I secretly love it, so keep at it, cause if I say this
it comes across as ego-centric - LAUGH!)

> > I spoke with a friend of mine, who (unlike me) is an active member of
> > the church. He read some of Shirts' posts, as well as others, and came
> > to the conclusion that there are no real Mormons here.
>

> With that kind of "statistical survey" I can prove that all communists
are
> Jehovah's Witnesses!

Oh now, lets not, those poor Commies have enough problems.....chuckle....
(snip)

> Kerry,
>
> Stay on the 'Net as much as you can. Your fresh views and perceptive
> historical and linguistic insights as well as devastating humor are
sorely
> needed.

Welllll, I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone, so I think I will hang
around. I mean, if David Bowie and Jason Roberts can hang out for many
years, then ole Kerry here will become an old ARM fart as
well.....laugh.......

> Respectfully,
>
> Gerry L. Ensley.

Kerry A. "With no disrespect for our two beloveds, whom I enjoy reading
either" Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

iced...@divide.net wrote in article <6g3det$fbg$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> > > Personally, I think Kerry's use of the internet is highly
appropriate.

> > Thanks Craig......it makes me laugh all the time......
> > >
> > > Craig
> >
> > Kerry A. "So NYAH Robert L. Coyle, Jr" Shirts
>
> Kerry, I haven't followed this thread.. is Coyle asserting that if you're
not
> a Mormon then you must be a moron?

I presume that he is supposing, based on archaeological documentation and
pottery finds, that since I don't slobber with my sacred testimony all over
all the day long, I am some sorta jack cheeshead Mormon who posts like a
Moron (because my cheesehead is Mazarrella and Coyle's is Blue Cheese,
hence we don't see hole to hole). Based upon linguisticalization analysis
and cheesual criticism, comparing the various parts of cheeses demonstrates
that we don't have the original Moron, so I am supposed to be filling in
the blanks. What ticks Coyle off apparently is that since I post, and he is
literally forced to read my diatribes, he is upset because Joshua's battle
at Jericho, being unsubstantiated by laser-infra-red colorography and
mapology fails to uncover the walls at all in the proper and appropriate
time scale levels of vehicular analysis, have failed to get the Home
teaching done on Gideon's part, hence Coyle feels threatened because the
church may fail based on incomplete performances of Moses on the Internet
who really should have practiced harder parting the Red Sea. Because no one
but Enoch practiced faith, no mountains were moved on the ARM, and the
doors of the church are rusting. Now for crying out loud, in reality Isaiah
thought that Jeremiah was cracked when he invited Lehi to lunch at the
Arabian Best Eastern Motel, because obviously the Gentile Babylonians were
marching on the city, and since Laman and Lemuel didn't attend their
meetings and associate with the boys at church, their testimonies failed,
and the cheesehead Babylonians decided to storm town and kick the bishops
butt. Well, reality took over see, and Lehi kept his food storage in the
Beit Lehai cave just outta town, so when the brothers fled and hid there
they didn't starve to death. See, that's the value of following David O
McKay's injunction to have our food supply. Lehi did and it saved him, so
the darn thing must work pretty good ya know. Now then, after Nephi landed
here in America, Alexander the Great arrived in the Old World (the epithet
"great" was due to his own 100% Home Teaching, I mean that was *great*!) He
assumed the whole damn world was his ward and he home taught apropriately!
He kicked butt, and asked questions later, then died of exhaustion before
being called as the next prophet. Sooooo, based on historical analysis,
linguistic verification, archaeological excavations and cheesehead
criticism, I'd say I am a Mormon who looks like a Moron to some, and a
Moron who looks like a Mormon to others. How I got into this predicament is
really rather a long story.....wanna hear it? GRIN!

Kerry A. Shirts

Kerry Shirts

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

FAWNSCRIBE <fawns...@aol.com> wrote in article

<199804031239...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> Well, based on Coyle's recent performances and lijjick, I would say he
> thinks talking with approximately 8 guys in Priesthood is far more
> effective......Now, while that indeed is quite enjoyable, I know my
website
> has been visited by umpteen thousands who are able to utilize my research
> to help umpteen thousands more...but to Coyle this is mere worry-wart
> waste.....Oh well, can't please em all........
>
> Kerry A. Shirts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> *******************
> Kery..ahem..ahem..ahem..I dont know any of these people from a hole in
the
> wall BUT..UM..your website is..well..anyhow..you scan TOO much.

Isn't this amazing....I have perhaps out of 120 articles on there, scanned
a mere 8. And that is too much!?

Kerry A. Shirts

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

Kerry Shirts (shir...@cyberhighway.net) wrote:

: Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
: <35235B...@mindspring.com>...
: > Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:
: (snip)

: > Actually, you're incorrect. The Internet has become a great witnessing
: > and marketing tool for many churches, not just the Mormons. Internet
: > accessibility is not available in libraries, schools, churches and
: > community centers worldwide. Here in Los Angeles, many cafes have
: > computers you can rent by the hour to access Internet. What's a better
: > way to reach millions worldwide than through the Internet?

: Well, based on Coyle's recent performances and lijjick, I would say he

: thinks talking with approximately 8 guys in Priesthood is far more

: effective......

Perhaps Brother Shirts can enlighten us as to why women cannot hold the
Priesthood (although that CAN be on the other end of polygamy).

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

: Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll see the

: real genius that is Kerry Shirts.

Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry Shirts."
Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

FAWNSCRIBE (fawns...@aol.com) wrote:
: Curious..are they mutually exclusive? Can one be a moron AND a Morman?

A "Morman?" I thought those were supposedly abolished when the Church
attempted to convince us that polygamy had ended.

: ..LOL..LOL
: Fawn

Yes Fawn, we're all laughing at you. You most certainly fall into the
"Moron" category. By the way, have you ever wondered why you are unable to
receive the Priesthood?

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

A "Morman?" I thought those were supposedly abolished when the Church
attempted to convince us that polygamy had ended.

: ..LOL..LOL
: Fawn

Yes Fawn, we're all laughing at you. You most certainly fall into the
"Moron" category. By the way, have you ever wondered why you are unable to
receive the Priesthood?

*************************
Im not a moron by a long shot on a lot of stuff but I AM a moron (sucker) for
choclate, pizza with anchovies and men with wrinkles around their eyes when
they smile.
I have NO desire to be a priest and since Im not a literal descendant of Aaron
I couldnt be anyhow as well as a woman.
Women are not supposed to be in those posiitions anyhow right? thats fine with
me, God says so and I accept that.
I think that if people laugh at me its okay. When people talk about folks it
shows you are on their mind:))
Fawn

Clifford Statum

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g5nif$vi9$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

Probably because the Lord hasn't commanded it. As I recall, all of Jesus's
disciples were men. Does that somehow dilute his message or his mission ?

--Clifford

Clifford Statum

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g5o5l$vi9$4...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> FAWNSCRIBE (fawns...@aol.com) wrote:
> : Curious..are they mutually exclusive? Can one be a moron AND a Morman?
>

> A "Morman?" I thought those were supposedly abolished when the Church
> attempted to convince us that polygamy had ended.
>
> : ..LOL..LOL
> : Fawn
>
> Yes Fawn, we're all laughing at you. You most certainly fall into the
> "Moron" category. By the way, have you ever wondered why you are unable
> receive the Priesthood?

You need to find a new bone to chew on, Robert. This one never had
any meat on it to begin with.

As far as Fawn being a "Moron" I'll have to disagree. While I rarely agree
with her, her views have always been consistent and she possesses a
sincerity that somehow manages to elude you.

--Clifford

Clifford Statum

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
<6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

What part of the New and Everlasting Covenant don't you want to
understand ? And what, pray tell, is the REAL reason Joseph and
Hyrum were murdered ?

--Clifford

clk...@mato.com

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

In <01bd5f92$a86b2520$0d2aa1d1@default>, on 04/04/98
at 06:21 AM, "Kerry Shirts" <shir...@cyberhighway.net> said:

<SNIP>

<I'd say I am a Mormon who looks like a Moron to some, <and a Moron who
looks like a Mormon to others. How I got <into this predicament is really
rather a long <story.....wanna hear it? GRIN!

>Kerry A. Shirts

Sure <G>

+=Carol Katz=+

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:

: Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
: <6g5o5l$vi9$4...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

Fawn is gullible. That is not a trait to be held in high esteem.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

: <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
:
: > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll
: see the
: > : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
:
: > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
: Shirts."
: > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
: > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.

: What part of the New and Everlasting Covenant don't you want to
: understand ? And what, pray tell, is the REAL reason Joseph and
: Hyrum were murdered ?

Read Jacob 2:23-24, 27-28 and 31-35. Then, read D&C 132:52.
Note that Joseph Smith was a polygamist, and Joseph Smith was destroyed.

Clifford Statum

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g8btg$9df$6...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
>

> : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

> : <6g5o5l$vi9$4...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> : > FAWNSCRIBE (fawns...@aol.com) wrote:
> : > : Curious..are they mutually exclusive? Can one be a moron AND a
Morman?
> : >
> : > A "Morman?" I thought those were supposedly abolished when the Church
> : > attempted to convince us that polygamy had ended.
> : >
> : > : ..LOL..LOL
> : > : Fawn
> : >
> : > Yes Fawn, we're all laughing at you. You most certainly fall into the
> : > "Moron" category. By the way, have you ever wondered why you are
unable
> : > receive the Priesthood?
>
> : You need to find a new bone to chew on, Robert. This one never had
> : any meat on it to begin with.
>
> : As far as Fawn being a "Moron" I'll have to disagree. While I rarely
agree
> : with her, her views have always been consistent and she possesses a
> : sincerity that somehow manages to elude you.
>
> Fawn is gullible. That is not a trait to be held in high esteem.

Perhaps. But she is without guile, another one of her traits that manages
to elude you.

Clifford Statum

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g8c79$9df$7...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
> : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

> : <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> :
> : > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps
you'll
> : see the
> : > : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
> :
> : > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
> : Shirts."
> : > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C
132,
> : > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
>
> : What part of the New and Everlasting Covenant don't you want to
> : understand ? And what, pray tell, is the REAL reason Joseph and
> : Hyrum were murdered ?
>
> Read Jacob 2:23-24, 27-28 and 31-35. Then, read D&C 132:52.
> Note that Joseph Smith was a polygamist, and Joseph Smith was destroyed.

I must note with no small amount of wonder that all of the OT characters
who practiced plural marriage (with the consent and approval of the Lord)
were not destroyed. And if your fallacious argument had merit, why weren't
the rest of those who practiced plural marriage murdered as was Joseph ?

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

: <6g8c79$9df$7...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
: > : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
: > : <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
: > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > :
[...]

I have a news flash for you, Brother Cliff: It is no longer the time of
the Old Testament.

: And if your fallacious argument had merit, why weren't

: the rest of those who practiced plural marriage murdered as was Joseph ?

I suppose Joseph Smith was made an example by God, much in the same way as
the rest of the world versus Noah and his family in the Great Flood.

ADAMONDIOM

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

>> Fawn is gullible. That is not a trait to be held in high esteem.
>
>Perhaps. But she is without guile, another one of her traits that manages
>to elude you.

Amen to that one Clifford......Fawnie is one of my favorite without guile
people........ Most of us have grown FOND of FAWN.....and SCOTT .....and KERRY
too.....He has a lot of nerve coming in and insulting some of my favorite
friends....... : ).......kathy........

Clifford Statum

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g8fc3$9l1$8...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

Granted. But that doesn't explain the divine approval of the practice.

> : And if your fallacious argument had merit, why weren't
> : the rest of those who practiced plural marriage murdered as was Joseph
?

> I suppose Joseph Smith was made an example by God, much in the same way
as
> the rest of the world versus Noah and his family in the Great Flood.

Interesting supposition. If this were so, though, why was the practice
allowed
to continue for another 50 years ? And why would Joseph been the only one
to be made an example ?

--Clifford

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:

: Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

: <6g8fc3$9l1$8...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

The only time it was "approved" was during the days of the Old Testament.

: > : And if your fallacious argument had merit, why weren't

: > : the rest of those who practiced plural marriage murdered as was Joseph
: ?
: >
: > I suppose Joseph Smith was made an example by God, much in the same way
: as
: > the rest of the world versus Noah and his family in the Great Flood.

: Interesting supposition. If this were so, though, why was the practice
: allowed
: to continue for another 50 years ?

Justice isn't always swift, but it is sure. And remember, for a time it
was practiced in secret.

: And why would Joseph been the only one to be made an example ?

Joseph Smith is a false prophet, not to mention a liar and a fraud.
This has been proven time and again, although (like Fawn) most LDS
are ignorant and gullible.

Williams

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

Yes, L.D.S., and R.L.D.S. are extremely gullible.
-
r> This has been proven time and again, although (like Fawn) most LDS
r> are ignorant and gullible.
-
We still believe that Jesus arose from the dead. What bunch of nuts could
believe something like that?
George
--
|Fidonet: Williams 1:106/7861
|Internet: Will...@7861.conchbbs.com

Clifford Statum

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g8s9j$alj$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

Stuff and nonsense. You propose that Joseph was destroyed for his
polygamous practices. And yet the practice continued for 50 years.
As I remember, Onan received swift justice for his disobedience. It
seems somewhat odd, given your supposition, that Brigham Young,
et al, were allowed to die natural deaths. And as far as being
practiced in secret, how does one keep a secret from the Lord ?

> : And why would Joseph been the only one to be made an example ?
>
> Joseph Smith is a false prophet, not to mention a liar and a fraud.

> This has been proven time and again, although (like Fawn) most LDS

> are ignorant and gullible.

The only thing that you have succeeded in proving is your arrogance
and sophistry. Interesting qualities for one who posts from an .edu
address.

Craig Anderson

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

On 4 Apr 1998 06:22:57 GMT, "Kerry Shirts" <shir...@cyberhighway.net>
wrote:

>Isn't this amazing....I have perhaps out of 120 articles on there, scanned
>a mere 8. And that is too much!?

Only to all those who want to believe that everything is "apologist
spin", eh?

Craig

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

>Isn't this amazing....I have perhaps out of 120 articles on there, scanned
>a mere 8. And that is too much!?

Only to all those who want to believe that everything is "apologist
spin", eh?

Craig

***** I say Kerry scans too MUCH. I SAID I like it when Kerry syas what he
wants in his OWN words!!..whats thwe problem with that? and of course YOU say
*apologist* spin.
Kerry quotes Nibley like Nibley brought the 10 Commandments off Mt Sinai
himself for Petes sake.I didnt count articles and he scans here like a
fiend..And I like Kerrys thoughts when tyhey make sense..Many dont..so I guess
many ARTICLES he uses dont and source material as well because its apologetic
a lot,,,Craig you always pop up to defend kerry like his poster child.Grow up
and quit playing Dick to his Tommy Smothers..its demeaning.
fawn:)

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:

> >Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> >those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
>
> You're a lying cocksucker who can't keep a woman
>
> Just the facts, Ma'am.
>
> Joe Friday

Hey, Guttermouth!

Why don't you learn the Queen's English, then join us properly on A.R.M.?

I'm not easily offended by words, but Joe Friday needs a lesson in
civil vocabulary.

Respectfully,

Gerry L. Ensley.

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

In article <01bd602f$21db6e00$6ac194d0@default>,

"Clifford Statum" <clif...@netdoor.com> wrote:

> Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
>
> > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll
> see the real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
>
> > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
> Shirts."
> > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
> > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
>
> What part of the New and Everlasting Covenant don't you want to
> understand ? And what, pray tell, is the REAL reason Joseph and
> Hyrum were murdered ?
>
> --Clifford

Here are the scriptures you mention above (enalarged to get their full
context):

Book of Mormon, Jacob 2:

23 But the word of God burdens me because of your grosser crimes. For
behold, thus saith the Lord: This people begin to wax in iniquity; they
understand not the scriptures, for they seek to excuse themselves in
committing whoredoms, because of the things which were written concerning
David, and Solomon his son.

24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which
thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

25 Wherefore, thus saith the Lord, I have led this people forth out of the
land of Jerusalem, by the power of mine arm, that I might raise up unto me a
righteous branch from the fruit of the loins of Joseph.

26 Wherefore, I the Lord God will not suffer that this people shall do like
unto them of old.

27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For
there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he
shall have none;

28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are
an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.

29 Wherefore, this people shall keep my commandments, saith the Lord of
Hosts, or cursed be the land for their sakes.

30 For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will
command my people;*/ otherwise they shall hearken unto these things.

31 For behold, I, the Lord, have seen the sorrow, and heard the mourning of
the daughters of my people in the land of Jerusalem, yea, and in all the lands
of my people, because of the wickedness and abominations of their husbands.

32 And I will not suffer, saith the Lord of Hosts, that the cries of the
fair daughters of this people, which I have led out of the land of Jerusalem,
shall come up unto me against the men of my people, saith the Lord of Hosts.

33 For they shall not lead away captive the daughters of my people because
of their tenderness, save I shall visit them with a sore curse, even unto
destruction; for they shall not commit whoredoms, like unto them of old, saith
the Lord of Hosts.

34 And now behold, my brethren, ye know that these commandments were given
to our father, Lehi; wherefore, ye have known them before; and ye have come
unto great condemnation; for ye have done these things which ye ought not to
have done.

35 Behold, ye have done greater iniquities than the Lamanites, our brethren.
Ye have broken the hearts of your tender wives, and lost the confidence of
your children, because of your bad examples before them; and the sobbings of
their hearts ascend up to God against you. And because of the strictness of
the word of God, which cometh down against you, many hearts died, pierced with
deep wounds.

*/Notice the "exception" for Divinely
appointed polygamy here.

Doctrine and Covenants 132:

50 Behold, I have seen your sacrifices, and will forgive all your sins; I
have seen your sacrifices in obedience to that which I have told you. Go,
therefore, and I make a way for your escape, as I accepted the offering of
Abraham of his son Isaac.

51 Verily, I say unto you: A commandment I give unto mine handmaid, Emma
Smith, your wife, whom I have given unto you, that she stay herself and
partake not of that which I commanded you to offer unto her; for I did it,
saith the Lord, to prove you all, as I did Abraham, and that I might require
an offering at your hand, by covenant and sacrifice.

52 And let mine handmaid, Emma Smith, receive all those that have been given
unto my servant Joseph, and who are virtuous and pure before me; and those who
are not pure, and have said they were pure, shall be destroyed, saith the Lord
God.

53 For I am the Lord thy God and ye shall obey my voice; and I give unto my
servant Joseph that he shall be made ruler over many things; for he hath been
faithful over a few things and from henceforth I will strengthen him.

54 And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my
servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment
she shall be destroyed,**/ saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will
destroy her if she abide not in my law.

55 But if she will not abide this commandment, then shall my servant Joseph
do all things for her, even as he hath said; and I will bless him and multiply
him and give unto him an hundredfold in this world, of fathers and mothers,
brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of
eternal lives in the eternal worlds.

56 And again, verily I say, let mine handmaid forgive my servant Joseph his
trespasses; and then shall she be forgiven her trespasses, wherein she has
trespassed against me; and I, the Lord thy God, will bless her, and multiply
her, and make her heart to rejoice.

**/Notice this very "opposite" argument made
by Clifford above, i.e. that Emma Smith
would be "destroyed" if she REFUSED to
participate in Divinely ordered polygamy
with her husband, Joseph Smith.

Where, O Clifford my friend, do you get the notion that God CANNOT properly
order the practice of polygamy through His divinely called prophet here below?

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

In article <01bd602f$21db6e00$6ac194d0@default>,
"Clifford Statum" <clif...@netdoor.com> wrote:

> Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
>
> > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll
> see the
> > : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
>
> > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
> Shirts."
> > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
> > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
>
> What part of the New and Everlasting Covenant don't you want to
> understand ? And what, pray tell, is the REAL reason Joseph and
> Hyrum were murdered ?
>
> --Clifford

Do you assert that modern "Mormon Fundamentalists" with many wives ought ALSO
to be murdered?

Why should the "new and everlasting covenant" upset you at all? Unless your a
Mormon Fundamentalist.

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
>
> : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll see
the
> : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
>
> Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry Shirts."
> Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
> and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.

Please don't tell me the mob which shot Joseph and Hyrum and other
leading Mormon Christians while unlawfully "Lynching" the latter without trial
as the latter were incarcerated on a phony charge was not a "mob," but rather
a discrete group of outraged and offended citizens "doing justice" against the
ignoble and perverted principle of "polygamy? Give me a break!

And would you also murder Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for their "polygamy" as
well?

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

In article <6g8s9j$alj$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
>
> : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> : <6g8fc3$9l1$8...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> : > Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
> : >
> : >
> : > : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> : > : <6g8c79$9df$7...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> : > : > Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
> : > : > : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> : > : > : <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> : > : > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : > : > :
> : > : > : > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps
> : > : you'll see the real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
> : > : > :
> : > : > : > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius
Kerry Shirts."
> : > : > : > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to
> : D&C 132, and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
> : > : >
> : > : > : What part of the New and Everlasting Covenant don't you want to

> : > : > : understand ? And what, pray tell, is the REAL reason Joseph and
> : > : > : Hyrum were murdered ?
> : > : >
> : > : > Read Jacob 2:23-24, 27-28 and 31-35. Then, read D&C 132:52.
> : > : > Note that Joseph Smith was a polygamist, and Joseph Smith was
> : destroyed.
> : >
> : > : I must note with no small amount of wonder that all of the OT
> : characters who practiced plural marriage (with the consent and approval of
the Lord) were not destroyed.
> : >
> : > I have a news flash for you, Brother Cliff: It is no longer the time of
> : > the Old Testament.
>
> : Granted. But that doesn't explain the divine approval of the practice.
>
> The only time it was "approved" was during the days of the Old Testament.
>
> : > : And if your fallacious argument had merit, why weren't
> : > : the rest of those who practiced plural marriage murdered as was Joseph
> : ?
> : >
> : > I suppose Joseph Smith was made an example by God, much in the same way
> : as the rest of the world versus Noah and his family in the Great Flood.
>
> : Interesting supposition. If this were so, though, why was the practice
> : allowed to continue for another 50 years ?
>
> Justice isn't always swift, but it is sure. And remember, for a time it
> was practiced in secret.
>
> : And why would Joseph been the only one to be made an example ?
>
> Joseph Smith is a false prophet, not to mention a liar and a fraud.
> This has been proven time and again, although (like Fawn) most LDS
> are ignorant and gullible.

Any Evidence to support your false and malicious claim that Smith was a "false
prophet"?

I've given a couple of "answers" months ago to your "****B of M problems," but
you haven't taken the time to answer my "answers." Your mind too closed to
venture an "answer"?

Have you ever noticed that our present Bibles are defective for failure to
include the full Gospel of Christ, i.e. ALL Jesus' Sayings. Here are some
Sayings of Jesus NOT presently in our bibles, yet fully available for
inclusion into the New Testament during its 2nd-4th century A.D. formation
period. Why were these important Sayings of Jesus OMITTED from our New
Testaments?

"(49) Jesus said: Blessed (makarios) are the solitary (monakos) and
elect, for you shall find the Kingdom; because you come from
it, (and) you shall go there again (palin).

(50) Jesus said: If they say to you: 'From where have you
originated?', say to them: 'We have come from the Light, where the
Light has originated through itself. It [stood] and it revealed itself
in their image (eikon).' If they say to you: '(Who) are you?' [or 'It is
you'], say: 'We are His sons and we are the elect of the Living
Father'. If they ask you: "What is the sign of your Father in you?',
say to them: 'It is a movement and a rest' (anapausis).'

(83) Jesus said: The images (eikon) are manifest to man and Light
which is within them is hidden in the Images(eikon) of the Light of the
Father. He will manifest himself and His Image (eikon) is concealed by
His Light.

(84) Jesus said: When you see your likeness, you rejoice. But(de) when
(otan) you see your images (eikon) which came into existence before
you,(which) neither (oute) die nor(oute) are manifested, how much will
you [be able to] bear!

(19) Jesus said: Blessed (makarios) is he who was before he came into
being . . . ."

"Gospel According to Thomas," newly discovered at Nag Hammadi,
Egypt, 1945.

It is plainly evident that orthodox Christianity has "altered" its composition
of scripture to contain early manuscripts NOT following the full teachings of
Jesus, but rather ONLY those Jesus teachings orthodoxy WANTED to be included
in their Bible.

Have you read your "Gospel According to Thomas" lately, Cliff.?

What we need modernly is a new and fully correct Bible truly reflecting Jesus'
full Gospel.

(Indeed, there have been published -- not by Mormon Christians -- recently New
Testaments INCLUDING the "Gospel According to Thomas" as one of the "Five
Gospels" of the New Testament.)

The entire "Gospel According to Thomas" can be found at:

http://home.sol.no/~noetic/nagham/nhl.html

But don't let the above "shock" you into realizing that God is more important
than His printed Word, especially where the Word is partial, incomplete, and
misleading.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

: arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:
: >
: > >Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
: > >those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
: >
: > You're a lying cocksucker who can't keep a woman
: >
: > Just the facts, Ma'am.
: >
: > Joe Friday
: >

: Hey, Guttermouth!

Guttermouth? LDS? No difference.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

: rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
: >
: > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: >
: > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll see
: the
: > : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
: >
: > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry Shirts."
: > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
: > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
: >
: >

: Please don't tell me the mob which shot Joseph and Hyrum and other

: leading Mormon Christians while unlawfully "Lynching" the latter without trial
: as the latter were incarcerated on a phony charge was not a "mob," but rather
: a discrete group of outraged and offended citizens "doing justice" against the
: ignoble and perverted principle of "polygamy? Give me a break!

"Mormon Christians?" How ironic.

: And would you also murder Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for their "polygamy" as
: well?

Back to the Old Testament to somehow justify Smith's practice of polygamy.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: In article <6g8s9j$alj$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

Joseph Smith has bore false prophesy, therefore he is a false prophet.

: I've given a couple of "answers" months ago to your "****B of M problems," but

: you haven't taken the time to answer my "answers." Your mind too closed to
: venture an "answer"?

That's the problem: they are YOUR answers, and your mind is clouded by
Mormon mythology.

: Have you ever noticed that our present Bibles are defective for failure to

: include the full Gospel of Christ, i.e. ALL Jesus' Sayings. Here are some
: Sayings of Jesus NOT presently in our bibles, yet fully available for
: inclusion into the New Testament during its 2nd-4th century A.D. formation
: period. Why were these important Sayings of Jesus OMITTED from our New
: Testaments?

: "(49) Jesus said: Blessed (makarios) are the solitary (monakos) and
: elect, for you shall find the Kingdom; because you come from
: it, (and) you shall go there again (palin).

[deletia]

You will have to go ask Martin Luther about that one. While you're in
Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine, perhaps you could also stop by and have
a chat with King James as well.

Kerry Shirts

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6g5nif$vi9$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> Kerry Shirts (shir...@cyberhighway.net) wrote:
>

> : Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
> : <35235B...@mindspring.com>...
> : > Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:
> : (snip)
>
> : > Actually, you're incorrect. The Internet has become a great
witnessing
> : > and marketing tool for many churches, not just the Mormons. Internet
> : > accessibility is not available in libraries, schools, churches and
> : > community centers worldwide. Here in Los Angeles, many cafes have
> : > computers you can rent by the hour to access Internet. What's a
better
> : > way to reach millions worldwide than through the Internet?
>
> : Well, based on Coyle's recent performances and lijjick, I would say he
> : thinks talking with approximately 8 guys in Priesthood is far more
> : effective......
>
> Perhaps Brother Shirts can enlighten us as to why women cannot hold the
> Priesthood (although that CAN be on the other end of polygamy).

What does this have to do with anything? Perhaps Coyle can read a little on
his own first and then come and participate in some fun and informative
discussions......Why does Coyle so grossly incorrectly understand the idea
behind the priesthood?

Kerry A. "Tit for tat sonny, tit for tat" Shirts

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

: <6g5nif$vi9$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
: > Kerry Shirts (shir...@cyberhighway.net) wrote:
: >
: >
: > : Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
: > : <35235B...@mindspring.com>...
: > : > Robert L. Coyle Jr. wrote:
: > : (snip)
: >
[...]

Kerry, I thought you were an LDS scholar. Why can't you answer a simple
question?

Kerry Shirts

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6gcads$stv$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : >

> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : >
> : > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps
you'll see
> : the
> : > : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
> : >
> : > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
Shirts."
> : > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C
132,
> : > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
> : >
> : >
>

> : Please don't tell me the mob which shot Joseph and Hyrum and other
> : leading Mormon Christians while unlawfully "Lynching" the latter
without trial
> : as the latter were incarcerated on a phony charge was not a "mob," but
rather
> : a discrete group of outraged and offended citizens "doing justice"
against the
> : ignoble and perverted principle of "polygamy? Give me a break!
>
> "Mormon Christians?" How ironic.
>
> : And would you also murder Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for their
"polygamy" as
> : well?
>
> Back to the Old Testament to somehow justify Smith's practice of
polygamy.

Well, that's because the ABC's of logic escape you......

Kerry A. "Much as they do R.L. Measures" Shirts

Clifford Statum

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
<6gcads$stv$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,
> : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : >
> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : >
> : > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps
you'll see
> : the
> : > : real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
> : >
> : > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
Shirts."
> : > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C
132,
> : > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
> : >
> : >
>
> : Please don't tell me the mob which shot Joseph and Hyrum and other
> : leading Mormon Christians while unlawfully "Lynching" the latter
without trial
> : as the latter were incarcerated on a phony charge was not a "mob," but
rather
> : a discrete group of outraged and offended citizens "doing justice"
against the
> : ignoble and perverted principle of "polygamy? Give me a break!
>
> "Mormon Christians?" How ironic.

If the name on the front of the chapel said "Joseph Smith Ministries" you
might have a point. But it doesn't, and you don't.

> : And would you also murder Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for their
"polygamy" as
> : well?

> Back to the Old Testament to somehow justify Smith's practice of
polygamy.

Regardless, since when did the practice justify the death penalty ?

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In article <6gca35$stv$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

It apparently doesn't occur to you that by your intentional use of
grossly offensive language you undercut any possible credibility for your own
argument.

If you think Smith were a false prophet, why don't you recite some evidence
supporting that claim, rather than resorting to venereal and/or pubic
epithets?

Not very respectfully,

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In article <6gcads$stv$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : >
> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : >
> : > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll
see the real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
> : >
> : > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
Shirts."
> : > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
> : > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
> : >
> : >
>
> : Please don't tell me the mob which shot Joseph and Hyrum and other
> : leading Mormon Christians while unlawfully "Lynching" the latter without
trial as the latter were incarcerated on a phony charge was not a "mob," but
rather a discrete group of outraged and offended citizens "doing justice"
against the ignoble and perverted principle of "polygamy? Give me a break!

> "Mormon Christians?" How ironic.
>
> : And would you also murder Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for their "polygamy"
as well?

> Back to the Old Testament to somehow justify Smith's practice of polygamy.

If you'd be so kind (and controlled) as to explain wherein you think that
"Mormons" are not "Christians," then we might discuss those important issues
rationally and without any namecalling at all.

I'm prepared to demonstrate historically precisely why modern orthodox
Christianities (Catholic and Protestant) cannot be the true Church of
Christ in either theology or practice, whereas Mormon Christianity can,
indeed, prove its ancient and "restored" provenance from Jesus Himself.

Would such a discussion interest you?

Respectfully,

Craig Anderson

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

On 7 Apr 1998 04:29:25 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
wrote:

>Guttermouth? LDS? No difference.

Robert L. Coyle Jr. .... troll .... no difference.

Craig

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In article <6gcao3$stv$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6g8s9j$alj$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,
Joseph?
> : > : >

> : > : > I suppose Joseph Smith was made an example by God, much in the same
way as the rest of the world versus Noah and his family in the Great
Flood.
> : >
> : > : Interesting supposition. If this were so, though, why was the practice
> : > : allowed to continue for another 50 years ?
> : >
> : > Justice isn't always swift, but it is sure. And remember, for a time it
> : > was practiced in secret.
> : >
> : > : And why would Joseph been the only one to be made an example ?
> : >
> : > Joseph Smith is a false prophet, not to mention a liar and a fraud.
> : > This has been proven time and again, although (like Fawn) most LDS
> : > are ignorant and gullible.
>
> : Any Evidence to support your false and malicious claim that Smith was a
"false prophet"?

> Joseph Smith has bore false prophesy, therefore he is a false prophet.

Jesus did the same; does that make Jesus a "false prophet"?

> : I've given a couple of "answers" months ago to your "****B of M problems,"
but you haven't taken the time to answer my "answers." Your mind too closed
to venture an "answer"?

> That's the problem: they are YOUR answers, and your mind is clouded by
> Mormon mythology.
>

> : Have you ever noticed that our present Bibles are defective for failure to

> : include the full Gospel of Christ, i.e. ALL Jesus' Sayings. Here are some
> : Sayings of Jesus NOT presently in our bibles, yet fully available for
> : inclusion into the New Testament during its 2nd-4th century A.D. formation
> : period. Why were these important Sayings of Jesus OMITTED from our New
> : Testaments?
>
> : "(49) Jesus said: Blessed (makarios) are the solitary (monakos) and
> : elect, for you shall find the Kingdom; because you come from
> : it, (and) you shall go there again (palin).
>

> [deletia]
>
> You will have to go ask Martin Luther about that one. While you're in
> Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine, perhaps you could also stop by and have
> a chat with King James as well.

Your documentation seems to be "off" by several centuries. The "Gospel
According to Thomas" was collected (probably orally) in the first
century A.D. and later written in Greek (only fragments survive) and Coptic
(the "complete" version discovered in 1945 at Nag Hammadi, Egypt). This is
early 1st and 2nd century Christianity. What has the latter to do with 16th
century Luther or King James?

Because you apparently misdate the manuscripts, you fail to recognize the
powerful historical evidence for Smith given by recent (non-Mormon) discovery
of the Thomas/Gospel manuscript teaching human "pre-existence" from the mouth
of Jesus Himself. Here's the historical proof of Smith's divine calling:

(1) Smith claimed to "restore" the original Gospel of Christ, teaching as
fundamental the "pre-existence" before birth of all human beings as Children
of a Heavenly Father.

(2) Smith was killed by orthodox Christians and others for teaching the
supposedly "false" and utterly "heretical" doctrine of human pre-existence
as Children of a Heavenly Father. It was "ridiculous" for Smith to proclaim
that "odd" doctrine as truly Christian when the Bible and every Christian on
earth "knew" that no such doctrine was ever taught by Christ.

(3) In 1945, long after Smith's death and massive persecution of Mormon
Christians for believing and teaching the principle of human pre-existence as
Children of a Heavenly Father, the Coptic "Gospel According to Thomas" was
uncovered in 1945, at Nag Hammadi, Egypt. That early Christian document
plainly teaches human pre-existence as Children of Heavenly Father from the
mouth of Jesus Himself.

ERGO,

Smith was correct ALL THE TIME, truly inspired of God, actually did "restore"
Jesus' original teaching of human pre-existence as Children of Heavenly
Father, and the Bible and orthodox Christianities (including their
foundational "creeds") have been false and misleading all along and forever
down the centuries.

Orthodox Christians don't like to contemplate the history of their own
deception down the centuries of time. But deceived they were, whether they
like it, or not. Indeed, the Christians themselves are primary victims of the
deception.

The question now is, of course, whether they will choose to remain inside the
now revealed deception, or decide to get out of it and learn the truth. The
ball is in their court.

O.T.

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Friends:

I've been following this thread and definitions of what a Christian is
or is not, who is a Christian and who is not for some time. May I offer
the following written by Bertrand Russell, who though being an atheist,
penned this description of a Christian which I adhere to:

We have to be a little vague in our meaning of christianity. I think
however, that there are two different items which are quite essential to
anybody calling himself a Christian. The first is one of a dogmatic
nature -- namely, that you must believe in God and immortality. If you
do not believe in those two things, I do not think that you can properly
call yourself a Christian. Then, further than that, as the name
implies, you must have some kind of belief about Christ. The
Mohammedans, for instance, also believe in God and in immortality, and
yet they would not call themselves Christians. I think you must have at
the very lowest the belief that Christ was, if not divine, as least the
best and wisest of men. If you are not going to believe that much about
Christ, I do not think you have any right to call yourself a Christian.

In my opinion, If you believe that Christ was the best and wisest of
men, then one would certainly be inclined to imitate him. The rest is
small stuff, don't sweat the small stuff. O.T.

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

> In article <6gcads$stv$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> >
> > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

> > : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> > : >
> > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> > : >

> > : > : Have you visited Kerry's own website(s)? Do so. Then perhaps you'll
> see the real genius that is Kerry Shirts.
> > : >
> > : > Actujally, I've asked a couple of questions of "real genius Kerry
> Shirts."
> > : > Let's see if he responds. Perhaps this discussion will lead to D&C 132,
> > : > and the REAL reason that Joseph Smith was killed.
> > : >
> > : >
> >

> > : Please don't tell me the mob which shot Joseph and Hyrum and other
> > : leading Mormon Christians while unlawfully "Lynching" the latter without
> trial as the latter were incarcerated on a phony charge was not a "mob," but
> rather a discrete group of outraged and offended citizens "doing justice"
> against the ignoble and perverted principle of "polygamy? Give me a break!
> >
> > "Mormon Christians?" How ironic.
> >
> > : And would you also murder Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for their "polygamy"
> as well?
> >
> > Back to the Old Testament to somehow justify Smith's practice of polygamy.
>
> If you'd be so kind (and controlled) as to explain wherein you think that
> "Mormons" are not "Christians," then we might discuss those important issues
> rationally and without any namecalling at all.
>
> I'm prepared to demonstrate historically precisely why modern orthodox
> Christianities (Catholic and Protestant) cannot be the true Church of
> Christ in either theology or practice, whereas Mormon Christianity can,
> indeed, prove its ancient and "restored" provenance from Jesus Himself.
>
> Would such a discussion interest you?

FAWNSCRIBE

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

Orthodox Christians don't like to contemplate the history of their own
deception down the centuries of time. But deceived they were, whether they
like it, or not. Indeed, the Christians themselves are primary victims of the
deception.

The question now is, of course, whether they will choose to remain inside the
now revealed deception, or decide to get out of it and learn the truth. The
ball is in their court.

Respectfully,

Gerry L. Ensley.

-->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
***********
Your spiritual arrogance is reeking here a tad Gerry. MOST so called
*orthodox* (and Im not strcit fundamentalist by a long shot) KNOW their
origins.Mention Crusades..they know its not a Japanese samurai
invasion..Mention the Reformation..most know about that too, I think more LDS
dont know their OWN roots and warts more less Orthodox folks.It can also be WHO
we know to make that claim of course...our own experiences are our own for
sure, but you are comparing apples and oranges here and denominations when in
actuality YOU being LDS is no more assurance of getting closer to God than
people of other denominations who follow Christ. When you realize that we as
*individuals* will stand or fall under that umbrella and not because we are
umbrellaed IN to a denomination you may get closer to what Christ talsk about
in his speaking of a true *church*
Fawnie

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

: <6gcads$stv$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,
: > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
: > : >
: > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : >
[...]

You'll have to ask God the answer to that one, Cliff.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

: > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

: > : arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:
: > : >
: > : > >Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
: > : > >those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a Prophet.
: > : >
: > : > You're a lying cocksucker who can't keep a woman
: > : >
: > : > Just the facts, Ma'am.
: > : >
: > : > Joe Friday
: > : >
: >
: > : Hey, Guttermouth!
: >
: > Guttermouth? LDS? No difference.
: >
: >

: It apparently doesn't occur to you that by your intentional use of
: grossly offensive language you undercut any possible credibility for your own
: argument.

I am not using "grossly offensive language." In fact, I've NEVER used such
language on USENET. But Mormons have. See above.

: If you think Smith were a false prophet, why don't you recite some evidence

: supporting that claim, rather than resorting to venereal and/or pubic
: epithets?

I have. Go look it up.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

: Orthodox Christians don't like to contemplate the history of their own

: deception down the centuries of time. But deceived they were, whether they
: like it, or not. Indeed, the Christians themselves are primary victims of the
: deception.

: The question now is, of course, whether they will choose to remain inside the
: now revealed deception, or decide to get out of it and learn the truth. The
: ball is in their court.

An excellent description of Mormonism, with the hope that those who make
their way out of the cult will indeed learn the truth (and of their former
deception).

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

: > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

: > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
: > : >
: > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : >
[...]

Let's see...what about withholding the full gospel from all but those who
pay for the privilege (i.e. tithing). Jesus wouldn't endorse this.

Clifford Statum

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6ges8d$8pa$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6gca35$stv$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : >
> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

> : > : In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> : > : arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : > >Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> : > : > >those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a
Prophet.
> : > : >
> : > : > You're a lying cocksucker who can't keep a woman
> : > : >
> : > : > Just the facts, Ma'am.
> : > : >
> : > : > Joe Friday
> : > : >
> : >
> : > : Hey, Guttermouth!
> : >
> : > Guttermouth? LDS? No difference.
> : >
> : >
>
> : It apparently doesn't occur to you that by your intentional use of
> : grossly offensive language you undercut any possible credibility for
your own
> : argument.
>
> I am not using "grossly offensive language." In fact, I've NEVER used
such
> language on USENET. But Mormons have. See above.

FYI, Robert, the gutter language Gerry was referring to was posted by a
troll
named ArmCop. It is highly unlikely that ArmCop is LDS.

Clifford Statum

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6gescb$8pa$4...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...
> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6gcads$stv$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : >
> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

> : > : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> : > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : > : >

As I remember correctly, Robert, tithing is taught in Malachi, not Mormon.
Unless, of course, you discount all of the OT that doesn't fit your
personal philosophies.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

: <6ges8d$8pa$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

: > : > : In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

: > : > : arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:
: > : > : >
[...]

Actually, I think "armcop" is a satire of a typical TBM.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

: <6gescb$8pa$4...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:

: > : > : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

: > : > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
: > : > : >
: > : > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : > : >

And all the televangelists seem to take advantage of it.

But still, there is no correlation between tithing and receipt of the full
gospel. Jesus said it was a free gift, available to all. The LDS package
and sell it as a product. And as with any product, there is the potential
for dissatisfied customers (i.e. exmormons, antimormons).

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

In article <6gescb$8pa$4...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

Since when are Mormon Christians denied the "privilege" of learning the full
gospel, as you call it, unless they pay tithing? I can give you the "full
Gospel" on the internet and you don't have to pay a dime for it?

But, please, go ahead and "pay" your minister so the latter can make a living
off his own "priestcraft," i.e. preaching religion for money. Don't compalin
about Mormon Christian "tithing" which doesn't go to the "income" of paid
ministers.

You have an "odd" way of looking at plain facts!

gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

In article <6ges8d$8pa$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:

> gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : In article <6gca35$stv$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

> : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : >
> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : > : In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> : > : arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : > >Virtually all of them used profanity and ridicule to counter
> : > : > >those who feel Joseph Smith, Jr. was something other than a
Prophet.
> : > : >
> : > : > You're a lying cocksucker who can't keep a woman
> : > : >
> : > : > Just the facts, Ma'am.
> : > : >
> : > : > Joe Friday
> : > : >
> : >
> : > : Hey, Guttermouth!
> : >
> : > Guttermouth? LDS? No difference.
> : >
> : >
>
> : It apparently doesn't occur to you that by your intentional use of
> : grossly offensive language you undercut any possible credibility for your
own argument.

> I am not using "grossly offensive language." In fact, I've NEVER used such
> language on USENET. But Mormons have. See above.
>
> : If you think Smith were a false prophet, why don't you recite some
>evidence supporting that claim, rather than resorting to venereal and/or
>pubic epithets?
>
> I have. Go look it up.

Not only have I already "looked it up," as I've mentioned earlier, I've
actually "answered" some of your and "Brother Cliff's" anti-Mormon, anti-Smith
claims. Unfortunately you've (nor "Bro. Cliff") not done me the courtesy of
reply. Maybe you're too busy.

It apparently has never occurred to you that Smith's translation of the
"murder of Laban" scenario (one of "Bro. Cliff's" favorites) in the B of M
fully comports with Near Eastern (and specifically Arabian) cultural mores,
although not at all with Western, democratic traditions of fairness and
jurisprudence. Smith, therefore, is "translating" from an authentic, Near
Eastern, Arabaic point of view a text which claims to be an authentic, Near
Eastern, Arabic (in part) text. Why, therefore, should Smith be condemned by
you for Smith's FAILURE (in your estimation) to interject Western, American,
and/or liberal demoncratic 20th century cultural mores into a text which is
NOT American, not liberal, not democratic, and not 20th century? Perhaps YOU
are in error, and not Smith?

Indeed, IF Smith HAD interjected modern American principles of democratic
individualism, the latter would have been a mark of fraud, wouldn't it?
Because Smith verily DID NOT DO SO, but continued merely to translate an
ancient, Near Eastern record from metal plates, YOU mistakenly condemn Smith
for YOUR error, NOT SMITH's.

For the record, I read about 80 of your (Coyle's) most recent posts today.
I've yet to see any substantive criticism of Mormon Christianity. Maybe you
could kindly steer me to "your best" posts in the last month or so.

IceDragn

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

>Perhaps Brother Shirts can enlighten us as to why women cannot hold the
>Priesthood (although that CAN be on the other end of polygamy).

I can't speak for Kerry, but I say, if you want to know the answer to that,
ask God.

Clifford Statum

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
<6gg8vg$eua$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> Clifford Statum (clif...@netdoor.com) wrote:
> : Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article
> : <6ges8d$8pa$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

> : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : > : In article <6gca35$stv$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,
> : > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
> : > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
> : > : > : In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> : > : > : arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:

[[snip]]

> : > I am not using "grossly offensive language." In fact, I've NEVER used

> : such
> : > language on USENET. But Mormons have. See above.
>

> : FYI, Robert, the gutter language Gerry was referring to was posted by a
> : troll
> : named ArmCop. It is highly unlikely that ArmCop is LDS.
>
> Actually, I think "armcop" is a satire of a typical TBM.

If you were an example of the prototypical TBM, I might be
inclined to agree. But you're not, and I don't.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

: > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : > : In article <6g5o00$vi9$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>,

: > : > : rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.) wrote:
: > : > : >
: > : > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : > : >

So, you're telling me that President Hinckley doesn't draw a salary from
the church?

: You have an "odd" way of looking at plain facts!

So do you.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

IceDragn (iced...@divide.net) wrote:
: >Perhaps Brother Shirts can enlighten us as to why women cannot hold the

: >Priesthood (although that CAN be on the other end of polygamy).

: I can't speak for Kerry, but I say, if you want to know the answer to that,
: ask God.

I have. I want to see if He has given the same answer to Kerry.

Robert L. Coyle Jr.

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

: <6gg8vg$eua$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > : <6ges8d$8pa$3...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

: > : > : > gee...@ci.long-beach.ca.us wrote:
: > : > : > : In article <199804010527...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
: > : > : > : arm...@aol.com (ArmCop) wrote:

: [[snip]]

: > : > I am not using "grossly offensive language." In fact, I've NEVER used
: > : such
: > : > language on USENET. But Mormons have. See above.
: >
: > : FYI, Robert, the gutter language Gerry was referring to was posted by a
: > : troll
: > : named ArmCop. It is highly unlikely that ArmCop is LDS.
: >
: > Actually, I think "armcop" is a satire of a typical TBM.

: If you were an example of the prototypical TBM, I might be
: inclined to agree. But you're not, and I don't.

Thanks, Cliff. I'll accept that as a compliment.

:

Kerry Shirts

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

Robert L. Coyle Jr. <rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote in article

<6ghfll$kv7$2...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>...

Because......

Kerry A. Shirts
P.S. I also want to know why God didn't make planets square and the
universe a straight line 1 inch thick........

Craig Anderson

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

On 9 Apr 1998 03:34:37 GMT, rco...@Bayou.UH.EDU (Robert L. Coyle Jr.)
wrote:

>: But, please, go ahead and "pay" your minister so the latter can make a living
>: off his own "priestcraft," i.e. preaching religion for money. Don't compalin
>: about Mormon Christian "tithing" which doesn't go to the "income" of paid
>: ministers.
>
>So, you're telling me that President Hinckley doesn't draw a salary from
>the church?

President Hinckley is not paid from tithing funds.

Craig

IceDragn

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

>Kerry A. Shirts
>P.S. I also want to know why God didn't make planets square and the
>universe a straight line 1 inch thick........

BWAHAHAH!

Nomad

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

This should go in the thread: Re: Do The Brethren Lie To Members?

Of course he is paid with tithing. The IRS would have a fit if he
was being paid out of corporate revenue.

It is loading more messages.