Re: what is actually supposed to be going on at the table - it is about not having a nuclear war in the northern hemisphere

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 12, 2022, 7:04:03 PMJan 12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_Sukhoi_Su-24_shootdown

> > Russia's requirement is to avoid nuclear war.
> >
> > Now if you knew that, and it certainly is that way, what would you do to avoid it?
> >
> > Maintaining the status quo about ukraine's nato membership status seems trivial by comparison.
> >
> > What you should be doing, since you are at the table, which is the only way to genuinely solve things with them, is make a list of things you want in return.
> >
> > You will get at least some of them, in return for the guarantees, which is trivial to give to avoid having your people set on fire in mass.

Michael

Jan 12, 2022, 7:11:30 PMJan 12
On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 5:04:03 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 5:02:45 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 4:54:44 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Sycamore#Creation
> > >
> > > "The operation has served as the centerpiece of the U.S. strategy to press Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step aside."
> > >
> > > [That was not the real reason for that op]
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaboration_with_the_Islamic_State#Turkey
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_Sukhoi_Su-24_shootdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_Sukhoi_Su-24_shootdown#Reactions

A few hours after the incident, Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke from Sochi, where he was meeting with King Abdullah II of Jordan, saying that it was a "stab in the back by terrorist accomplices'

Vladimir Putin remarked "…if someone in the Turkish government decided to lick the Americans in a certain place, well I don't know then, was that the right decision or not?".

Michael

Jan 12, 2022, 7:49:56 PMJan 12
On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 4:54:44 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Sycamore#Creation
>
> "The operation has served as the centerpiece of the U.S. strategy to press Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step aside."
>
> [That was not the real reason for that op]
>
> Russia's requirement is to avoid nuclear war.
>
> Now if you knew that, and it certainly is that way, what would you do to avoid it?
>
> Maintaining the status quo about ukraine's nato membership status seems trivial by comparison.
>
> What you should be doing, since you are at the table, which is the only way to genuinely solve things with them, is make a list of things you want in return.
>
> You will get at least some of them, in return for the guarantees, which is trivial to give to avoid having your people set on fire <s>en masse</s> in large numbers.

Michael

Jan 13, 2022, 4:02:49 PMJan 13