The wonderful thing about Sadburgers is, Sadburgers are wonderful things...

Dog Kick Semiotic

Jul 16, 2006, 5:22:12 AM7/16/06
But the most distressing thing about Sadburgers is- as a vanity search
revealed- I'm *not* the only one!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sadburger

Spinning fire to 'Bombs over Baghdad'!?! How cool *is* this guy? He
even has hair like mine!

I thought of the name Sadburger as a play on the title of the movie
"Fatburger." If I email this guy and he tells me he used the same
thought process, I'm going to be seriously freaked out.

Oh, and there's a rock club that opened up here in Greensboro a few
months ago called "The Flying Anvil", and one of the pieces of art
hanging up for sale is a diptych called "Buy art, not drugs (or art
about drugs)". The left half of the piece (the images are stippled onto
softwood) shows a man purchasing heroin in a ziploc bag, and is titled
"The only job left in Greensboro." The right half of the artwork shows
the same man shooting up, and is titled "Sadboro".

Very strange, indeed.

Robert "I'm sad about my bouncy flouncy softwood" Caponi

--
robert caponi | my mother has
MAIL mailto:tagu...@earthlink.net | boogie-woogied

Glenn Knickerbocker

Jul 16, 2006, 3:44:45 PM7/16/06
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:22:12 GMT, Dog Kick Semiotic wrote:
> I thought of the name Sadburger as a play on the title of the movie
>"Fatburger." If I email this guy and he tells me he used the same
>thought process, I'm going to be seriously freaked out.

If he posts here before you get up the nerve to e-mail him, we'll ALL be
seriously freaked out. Except Wiblur. He'll be trout mask replicated.

ŹR Q: HOW MANY RIFTS DOES IT TAKE TO ROB PONCHO? A: TWO
TO EXILE PONCHO AND FIVE TO SUFFER. --SIR DOSENT (257 CE)

Otto Bahn

Jul 16, 2006, 7:46:46 PM7/16/06
"Dog Kick Semiotic" <tagu...@earthlink.net> wrote

> But the most distressing thing about Sadburgers is- as a vanity search
> revealed- I'm *not* the only one!

Because accidents will happen.

> http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sadburger
>
> Spinning fire to 'Bombs over Baghdad'!?! How cool *is* this guy? He
> even has hair like mine!

Hmmm...I googled and came up with a movie character, a prize
winning little daschund-like dog, a ski race (I raced in high
school), a musician in a "Texas shoegazer-rock band", a pro
wrestling promotor, moi, and some Burning Man Seattlle (one
of those Woodstock inspired events) member that looks *vaguely*
like me:

http://www.burningmanseattle.com/yearbook/
(Fourth row down -- "Camp... In Bed")

A pretty decent collection of bozos, if I do say so myself. I'd
heard about Burning Man somewhere else. Hmmm...there's a local
Burning Man group in NC. I may need to check that out...

> I thought of the name Sadburger as a play on the title of the movie
> "Fatburger." If I email this guy and he tells me he used the same
> thought process, I'm going to be seriously freaked out.

I'm going with a culinary accident.

> Oh, and there's a rock club that opened up here in Greensboro a few
> months ago called "The Flying Anvil", and one of the pieces of art
> hanging up for sale is a diptych called "Buy art, not drugs (or art
> about drugs)". The left half of the piece (the images are stippled onto
> softwood) shows a man purchasing heroin in a ziploc bag, and is titled
> "The only job left in Greensboro." The right half of the artwork shows
> the same man shooting up, and is titled "Sadboro".

Everyday he writes the book.

> Very strange, indeed.
>
> Robert "I'm sad about my bouncy flouncy softwood" Caponi

Kontext-Away must be sleeping or something.

--oTTo--

Dog Kick Semiotic

Jul 16, 2006, 8:48:48 PM7/16/06
In article <e9ej5c$lh7$1...@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>,
"Otto Bahn" <oTTopant...@Blew.Devels.com> wrote:

> "Dog Kick Semiotic" <tagu...@earthlink.net> wrote

> Hmmm...I googled and came up with a movie character, a prize
> winning little daschund-like dog, a ski race (I raced in high
> school), a musician in a "Texas shoegazer-rock band", a pro
> wrestling promotor, moi, and some Burning Man Seattlle (one
> of those Woodstock inspired events) member that looks *vaguely*
> like me:
>
> http://www.burningmanseattle.com/yearbook/
> (Fourth row down -- "Camp... In Bed")
>
> A pretty decent collection of bozos, if I do say so myself. I'd
> heard about Burning Man somewhere else. Hmmm...there's a local
> Burning Man group in NC. I may need to check that out...

Do it.

I believe some of these people might share your enthusiasm for Ecstacy.
You might also appreciate the relative scarcity of "Freedom Isn't Free"
bumper stickers.

> > Robert "I'm sad about my bouncy flouncy softwood" Caponi
>
> Kontext-Away must be sleeping or something.

If I had incorporated "diptych", however, that would have just been
tempting fate.

Robert "Don't taunt the dancing bears" Caponi

wavema...@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2006, 9:04:01 PM7/16/06

Dog Kick Semiotic wrote:
> In article <e9ej5c$lh7$1...@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>,
> "Otto Bahn" <oTTopant...@Blew.Devels.com> wrote:
>
> > "Dog Kick Semiotic" <tagu...@earthlink.net> wrote
> > Hmmm...I googled and came up with a movie character, a prize
> > winning little daschund-like dog, a ski race (I raced in high
> > school), a musician in a "Texas shoegazer-rock band", a pro
> > wrestling promotor, moi, and some Burning Man Seattlle (one
> > of those Woodstock inspired events) member that looks *vaguely*
> > like me:
> >
> > http://www.burningmanseattle.com/yearbook/
> > (Fourth row down -- "Camp... In Bed")
> >
> > A pretty decent collection of bozos, if I do say so myself. I'd
> > heard about Burning Man somewhere else. Hmmm...there's a local
> > Burning Man group in NC. I may need to check that out...
>
> Do it.

and dont spew it.Er, go ahead and do that.Ive seen some pretty intense
burning man images, and it looks like fun, but its been a long while
since I felt comfortable totally unplugging from "the woild" like would
be necessary to do this thing in good faith.

> I believe some of these people might share your enthusiasm for Ecstacy.
> You might also appreciate the relative scarcity of "Freedom Isn't Free"
> bumper stickers.

those make me long for the days that it was all glasses of puke-mine
eyes are grey and bent.

> > > Robert "I'm sad about my bouncy flouncy softwood" Caponi
> >
> > Kontext-Away must be sleeping or something.
>
> If I had incorporated "diptych", however, that would have just been
> tempting fate.

will that be copper or teflon?don or no don?Gamera, friend or foe?

> Robert "Don't taunt the dancing bears" Caponi

Indeed.Lethal.Yowsa.
Mikhail

Dog Kick Semiotic

Jul 16, 2006, 9:30:26 PM7/16/06
In article <e9ej5c$lh7$1...@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>,
"Otto Bahn" <oTTopant...@Blew.Devels.com> wrote:

> http://www.burningmanseattle.com/yearbook/
> (Fourth row down -- "Camp... In Bed")

I also love how he has Norman Mailer's four-letter philosophy tatooed
on his forehead.

There aren't very many cute chyx here. Most of them look like they're
still stuck at "that awkward stage of adolescence" well into their adult
lives. This very well might be the case in more sense than one. Read: Go
get 'em, Tiger!

Alternatively, you could just let me take you down to a rave in
Charlotte. Hella cute chyxx0rz up in there. Plus, if you change your
mind and decide the scene isn't for you, the rave kids won't send their
"Eyes Wide Shut" goons after you the way the Burning Man people will.

Otto Bahn

Jul 17, 2006, 9:36:37 AM7/17/06
<wavema...@yahoo.com> wrote

>> > "Dog Kick Semiotic" <tagu...@earthlink.net> wrote
>> > Hmmm...I googled and came up with a movie character, a prize
>> > winning little daschund-like dog, a ski race (I raced in high
>> > school), a musician in a "Texas shoegazer-rock band", a pro
>> > wrestling promotor, moi, and some Burning Man Seattlle (one
>> > of those Woodstock inspired events) member that looks *vaguely*
>> > like me:
>> >
>> > http://www.burningmanseattle.com/yearbook/
>> > (Fourth row down -- "Camp... In Bed")
>> >
>> > A pretty decent collection of bozos, if I do say so myself. I'd
>> > heard about Burning Man somewhere else. Hmmm...there's a local
>> > Burning Man group in NC. I may need to check that out...
>>
>> Do it.
>
> and dont spew it.Er, go ahead and do that.Ive seen some pretty intense
> burning man images, and it looks like fun, but its been a long while
> since I felt comfortable totally unplugging from "the woild" like would
> be necessary to do this thing in good faith.

Hrmmm...they seem pretty receptive to newbies and observers.
I'm not getting a biochemical or cultish prerequisite vibe,
even if there might be a cult angle for some.

>> I believe some of these people might share your enthusiasm for Ecstacy.

No doubt. I suspect many by no means require X to be...well,
"different".

>> You might also appreciate the relative scarcity of "Freedom Isn't Free"
>> bumper stickers.

Now there is a litmus test.

>> Robert "Don't taunt the dancing bears" Caponi
>
> Indeed.Lethal.Yowsa.

?!

Dancing bears pretty much invented "peace out". Have the bears
changed?

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn

Jul 17, 2006, 9:45:30 AM7/17/06
"Dog Kick Semiotic" <tagu...@earthlink.net> wrote

> Alternatively, you could just let me take you down to a rave in
> Charlotte.

I'm seriously tempted just for the experience.

> Hella cute chyxx0rz up in there.

Heh. Well, what are the odds they'd be looking for a fourty
three year-old man? Okay, ecstasy. What are the odds I would
be willing to pick up a chyk willing to do fourty-three year-
old men? Not zero, but close.

And since I'm seeing someone that is not even the right equation.

> Plus, if you change your
> mind and decide the scene isn't for you, the rave kids won't send their
> "Eyes Wide Shut" goons after you the way the Burning Man people will.

I don't buy this. Inform me or desist.

--oTTo--

Adam Funk

Jul 17, 2006, 9:46:05 AM7/17/06
On 2006-07-17, Dog Kick Semiotic <tagu...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> You might also appreciate the relative scarcity of "Freedom Isn't Free"
> bumper stickers.

Kibological bumper sticker: "Freedom Isn't Free --- It's $20 SAIT".

--
Vielen Dank