Freudian Slurp

Beable van Polasm

Nov 6, 2001, 3:31:22 AM11/6/01

George Bush (Senior) is for some reason in Austria. He made the
amusing Freudian slip of saying "Bob Hope" (incredibly funny USAian
comedian) instead of "Bob Hawke" (former Austrian Prime Minister, and
holder of the WORLD RECORD for DRINKING BEER). Sorry about the lack of
HA HA HUMOUR, but hey, at least you found out that the Former Austrian
Prime Minister held the WORLD RECORD for BEER DRINKING. We've got our
priorities right over here.

In other beer news, Austrian Caretaker Prime Minister John Howard
was seen on TeeVee today drinking beer. Today is the first Tuesday
in November, and therefore Melbourne Cup Day. So John Howard drunk
a bunch of beer, AS DID WE ALL! CRACK A TUBE! I don't give a shit
about horse racing, but HEY! FREE BEER!

In other Austrian Political News, we have a Federal Election on
Saturday. The word on the street is that it won't be a farce
like the USAian Presidential Election, but I for one (and I'm
sure John Burrage is with me on this) am still hoping for
something remarkably farcical to happen.

cheers
Beable van Polasm
--
Aaawwww...I gotta keep it out of sci.chem AGAAAINNN????
Doh! Oops....Sowwy Uncle Al.... -- Shane Stephens

John Burrage

Nov 6, 2001, 4:26:19 AM11/6/01
Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>George Bush (Senior) is for some reason in Austria. He made the
>amusing Freudian slip of saying "Bob Hope" (incredibly funny USAian
>comedian) instead of "Bob Hawke" (former Austrian Prime Minister, and
>holder of the WORLD RECORD for DRINKING BEER).

I hope John Hunt stepped in and gently corrected him.

>In other beer news, Austrian Caretaker Prime Minister John Howard
>was seen on TeeVee today drinking beer. Today is the first Tuesday
>in November, and therefore Melbourne Cup Day. So John Howard drunk
>a bunch of beer, AS DID WE ALL! CRACK A TUBE! I don't give a shit
>about horse racing, but HEY! FREE BEER!

WOO HOO! My horse, the one I got in the office sweep, was called
'Mayththehorsebewithbyu'. Good one! It didn't place and nor was I
expecting it to with a name like that. There is a rich tradition of
Melbourne Cup winners having silly names, but not that silly.

>In other Austrian Political News, we have a Federal Election on
>Saturday. The word on the street is that it won't be a farce
>like the USAian Presidential Election, but I for one (and I'm
>sure John Burrage is with me on this) am still hoping for
>something remarkably farcical to happen.

You betcha. Last election, counting was held up by drunken Freemasons
invading the counting room! Except there were only three of them, and
they only stayed for a few minutes. Also, it was only in our polling
place. So no, not very farcial at all. I am hoping BIG things will
happen this time round, but I'm not holding my breath.

Happy voting, all.

--
John Burrage http://members.iinet.net.au/~burrage/
"Christ, there is a swarm of bees outside"

Paula

Nov 6, 2001, 11:10:03 PM11/6/01
John Burrage <john.b...@health.wa.gov.au> wrote:

> >In other Austrian Political News, we have a Federal Election on
> >Saturday. The word on the street is that it won't be a farce
> >like the USAian Presidential Election, but I for one (and I'm
> >sure John Burrage is with me on this) am still hoping for
> >something remarkably farcical to happen.
>
> You betcha. Last election, counting was held up by drunken Freemasons
> invading the counting room! Except there were only three of them, and
> they only stayed for a few minutes. Also, it was only in our polling
> place. So no, not very farcial at all. I am hoping BIG things will
> happen this time round, but I'm not holding my breath.

What do you mean, not very farcical? We NEVER have anything like that
happen at our polling place. WAAAH! Austrians and Floridians get all
the fun!

Paula
Voted in a mayoral election today. Nothing to report.

John Burrage

Nov 7, 2001, 2:18:53 AM11/7/01
mmmtob...@earthlink.net (Paula) wrote:

>John Burrage <john.b...@health.wa.gov.au> wrote:

>> You betcha. Last election, counting was held up by drunken Freemasons
>> invading the counting room! Except there were only three of them, and
>> they only stayed for a few minutes. Also, it was only in our polling
>> place. So no, not very farcial at all. I am hoping BIG things will
>> happen this time round, but I'm not holding my breath.
>
>What do you mean, not very farcical? We NEVER have anything like that
>happen at our polling place. WAAAH! Austrians and Floridians get all
>the fun!

The funny thing is they kept trying to give us FREE BEER! Austrian
politics, eh?

Friedrich Utplex

Nov 7, 2001, 12:01:03 PM11/7/01
Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>George Bush (Senior) is for some reason in Austria. He made the
>amusing Freudian slip of saying "Bob Hope" (incredibly funny USAian
>comedian) instead of "Bob Hawke" (former Austrian Prime Minister, and
>holder of the WORLD RECORD for DRINKING BEER).

I thought it was David Boon, beloved Tasmanian cricketer, but that
might just be for drinking beer while on a plane to London.

>In other beer news, Austrian Caretaker Prime Minister John Howard
>was seen on TeeVee today drinking beer. Today is the first Tuesday
>in November, and therefore Melbourne Cup Day. So John Howard drunk
>a bunch of beer, AS DID WE ALL! CRACK A TUBE! I don't give a shit
>about horse racing, but HEY! FREE BEER!

I did not drink free beer on Tuesday, having to settle for cheap
wine while at Flemington with friends. It was cold and wet, which I
rather liked, and a good day was had by all. I didn't get to see too
many of the races, mainly because we were distracted by trying to
maintain our patchy umbrella network. I did however get to see the
finish of the big race, in which the nice horse I'd bet a small amount
of money on broke away from the pack to catch up with the leader just
metres from the finish line. And that's what makes gambling when you're
broke so much fun; if you win, you don't win much because you couldn't
afford a decent-sized bet, and if you don't you've thrown away more
than you could afford to lose. At least it covered the cost of entry.

>In other Austrian Political News, we have a Federal Election on
>Saturday. The word on the street is that it won't be a farce
>like the USAian Presidential Election, but I for one (and I'm
>sure John Burrage is with me on this) am still hoping for
>something remarkably farcical to happen.

Unfortunately our primitive electoral techniques, which involve
pencils and paper and counting or not counting a vote based
on a simple set of "did they fill in the boxes correctly?" criteria,
just aren't nearly as prone to wacky miscalculation as Florida's
fifty cent hole puncher and "I think he meant to choose Fred Flintstone"
guesstimation system.

--
FU

Yah-Ti-Buckety

Nov 8, 2001, 5:53:00 PM11/8/01

Friedrich Utplex wrote in message <20011108021116$fut...@vhive.com.au>...

>Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>>George Bush (Senior) is for some reason in Austria. He made the
>>amusing Freudian slip of saying "Bob Hope" (incredibly funny USAian
>>comedian) instead of "Bob Hawke" (former Austrian Prime Minister, and
>>holder of the WORLD RECORD for DRINKING BEER).
>
>I thought it was David Boon, beloved Tasmanian cricketer, but that
>might just be for drinking beer while on a plane to London.

Boonie won the TINNY drinking record. See, any old slob can with the world
record for drinking beer. Take a bucket. Fill with beer. Consume. Repeat as
necessary. But Tinny drinking is an art form, and a hard one to master. One
has to contend with the other drunken slobs knocking your tinny. You have to
make sure the air-to-beer ratio isn't too far out of whack, or else your
tinnys will become very hard to drink. Praise Boonie, Praise the 'Mo!

Wiley Bob
Genius.
(Unconfirmed)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates, 1981

Alex 4.0

Nov 14, 2001, 4:18:14 AM11/14/01
Beable van Polasm wrote:

> George Bush (Senior) is for some reason in Austria. He made the
> amusing Freudian slip of saying "Bob Hope" (incredibly funny USAian
> comedian) instead of "Bob Hawke" (former Austrian Prime Minister, and
> holder of the WORLD RECORD for DRINKING BEER). Sorry about the lack of
> HA HA HUMOUR, but hey, at least you found out that the Former Austrian
> Prime Minister held the WORLD RECORD for BEER DRINKING. We've got our
> priorities right over here.

George Snr., and Bill Klinton before him, were making final inspections
of our notoriously over-engineered super-governmental complex, our
They're-Half-Underground-Already-Anyway Houses of Parliament. Any
paranoid/delusional consp.theorist knows that this is where the MJ12 one
world gubberment is going to be housed after Bill Gates performs the
ritual sacrifice of Linus's daughter. The nearest Underground McDonalds
is under Pine Gap, however, staffed by radioactive Oompah-loompahs.
Speaking of exploited midgets, has anyone watched the Goodies' Rolf
Harris episode lately? Why do midgets (*cough* vertically challenged, or
whatever expression I'm supposed to use here) always look miserable when
they're made to perform slapstick self-abuse routines?

> In other Austrian Political News, we have a Federal Election on
> Saturday. The word on the street is that it won't be a farce
> like the USAian Presidential Election, but I for one (and I'm
> sure John Burrage is with me on this) am still hoping for
> something remarkably farcical to happen.

But it was a farce. John Winston Howard (hmm) closed the electoral rolls
early, and many people found their previous addresses missing from the
rolls. Pregnant Chads? We don't need no pregnant chads. We don't want
people who don't own their own home (and move around in the Renting
Dance) voting anway! Ireland has offered to take the Afghani and Iraq
refugees off our hands, if Iraqi-Irish and Afghan-Irish accents don't
sound farcical to you then I don't know what is. "insh' your man,
Allah."

Snuck into the latest M$ 'games = teh fun!' mailout was an interesting
request for beta testers (near the end):

>New at the Zone

(snip)

>Cool Stuff
>Legally Blonde <http://go%2Emsn%2Ecom/nl/79189%2Easp>
>The Legally Blonde DVD has arrived! Get a glimpse of Reese Witherspoon
>in Legally Blonde Blender <http://go%2Emsn%2Ecom/nl/79189%2Easp> .
>
>ESPN is now on MSN <http://go%2Emsn%2Ecom/nl/79190%2Easp>
>Hey sports fans! Get the latest update on all your favorite sports.
>
>Air Force Reserves <http://go%2Emsn%2Ecom/nl/79191%2Easp>
>Serve your country and yourself in the Air Force Reserve. Benefits
>include opportunities to travel, tuition assistance, education,
>competitive pay, and health and retirement benefits. It's a
>part-time job that offers a full-time experience.
>
>Collect Your Bonus <http://go%2Emsn%2Ecom/nl/79192%2Easp>
>As our way of introducing you to the fantastic benefits of Zone
>membership, we've arranged an exclusive grab bag of items totaling up to
>$100 in value! While supplies last, you can come take your pick of
>dozens of items, including new CD-ROM games, the best gaming magazines,
>Samsonite travel accessories, and more! Quantities are limited, so hurry
>-- you won't want to miss out on this one!

No mention is made of the fact that joining the AFR is a Presidentially
approved way of avoiding the draft.

I want to join the 23rd Flying Yeti Squadron, but they're not hiring.

--
Rev Alex 4.0 mhm31x24 SubG & Mad Hatter Fan
Get Your Own Very Secure Linux Distribution