First Established Line-up: "Interrobang Cartel" or "Violent Bloody Anyone?" or "Ponaris Nasal Emollient"

5 views
Skip to first unread message

CB

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 12:19:10 AM4/15/03
to
Band:
"Interrobang Cartel"
"Violent Bloody Anyone"
"Ponaris Nasal Emollient"
?


Lineup (apologies if I've missed anyone):

ZIP DRIVE CLICK OF DETH! - Concertina, shouting
Jeremy Impson - Nose flute
Zixia - Theremin
Gokmop The Irrefrangible - Triangle
Atwola Curmbox - Keyboards
Window - Guitar (studio only)
Chris Reuter - Backing vocals, musical differences
Talysman - Avant-garde soundscape (track 8)

Stacia - Roadie
John Burrage - Cameraman

All rights reserved by the Bumbling Homosexual Management Company

______________________________________________________

OK, so it's a punk band. Since Window is not available for live work (he
needs to "roam the concrete jungle
that is the city, in search of escape from the chains of roses that embrace
my heart"), the on-stage instrumentation is currently:

Shouting, concertina, nose flute, theremin, triangle, keyboards and backing
vocals.

It's still not enough.

And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
charts... there's so much to organise if we're gonna release something in
time to qualify for the Grammys...

Love,
CB


talysman

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 1:13:29 AM4/15/03
to
"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> writes:

> OK, so it's a punk band. Since Window is not available for live work (he
> needs to "roam the concrete jungle
> that is the city, in search of escape from the chains of roses that embrace
> my heart"), the on-stage instrumentation is currently:
>
> Shouting, concertina, nose flute, theremin, triangle, keyboards and backing
> vocals.

there needs to be more theremins.

DUELING THEREMINS.

excuse me, I need to arrange my musique concrete tape loops of
penguin mating calls.

Jeremy Impson

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 1:34:34 AM4/15/03
to
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, CB wrote:

> Lineup (apologies if I've missed anyone):
>
> ZIP DRIVE CLICK OF DETH! - Concertina, shouting
> Jeremy Impson - Nose flute
> Zixia - Theremin
> Gokmop The Irrefrangible - Triangle
> Atwola Curmbox - Keyboards
> Window - Guitar (studio only)
> Chris Reuter - Backing vocals, musical differences
> Talysman - Avant-garde soundscape (track 8)
>
> Stacia - Roadie
> John Burrage - Cameraman

[...]

> And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
> charts... there's so much to organise if we're gonna release something in
> time to qualify for the Grammys...

Grammys? Feh! A fucking pimple on the festering ass cheek that is the
talentless Holywood establishment.

--Jeremy

(How was that? Wordy moronic allusion and tired anti-establiment
sentiments in one sentence! ROCKENROLL!!!!)

--

Jeremy Impson
jdim...@acm.org
http://impson.tzo.com/~jdimpson

Darla Vladschyk

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 2:13:05 AM4/15/03
to
"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:


>And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
>charts...

How about we cover "We Like Tha Moon?" by the Spongemonkeys?

AC

___________________________________________________
"Iraq will not be defeated. Iraq has now already
achieved victory - apart from some technicalities."
---Mohsen Khalil, Iraqi Ambassador to the Arab League::
___________________________________________________
"PREPARE TO FEEL THE PECK OF DEATH, FOOL!" ---jwgh
___________________________________________________
http://www.yougotta.com/Darla
___________________________________________________

CB

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 4:44:17 AM4/15/03
to
Jeremy Impson <jdim...@acm.org> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.030415...@monster.apt.net...

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, CB wrote:

> > And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
> > charts... there's so much to organise if we're gonna release something
in
> > time to qualify for the Grammys...
>
> Grammys? Feh! A fucking pimple on the festering ass cheek that is the
> talentless Holywood establishment.

(pause)....yeah, so we need to hurry if we want to qualify...

Love,
CB

Glenn Knickerbocker

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 8:42:57 AM4/15/03
to
In Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:19:10 GMT, CB wrote:
>Talysman - Avant-garde soundscape (track 8)

Not R: Electric elephant trunk

Evidence to be forthcoming at http://mp3.com/limprichard

"It's not the size of the boat, it's Matt McIrvin" -- Joe
ŹR / http://users.bestweb.net/~notr/ny2001.html / Manfre

Stacia

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 10:57:15 AM4/15/03
to
DarlaVl...@hotmail.com (Darla Vladschyk) writes:
>"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:

>>And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
>>charts...

>How about we cover "We Like Tha Moon?" by the Spongemonkeys?

Right. I'll get the giant brandy snifter full of light brown M&Ms.

* * *
Stacia * sta...@world.std.com * http://world.std.com/~stacia/
"God picked people who had kind of bad jobs. Caught fish. Made tents."

Jacob W. Haller

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 11:50:05 AM4/15/03
to
CB <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:

> And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
> charts... there's so much to organise if we're gonna release something in
> time to qualify for the Grammys...

I contribute the following lyrics (which were written for a friend of
mine who hasn't, as far as I know, done anything with them yet).

THE ROBOT SONG
--------------
I used to work at the mall
Selling robots wall to wall
Ones that cleaned and entertained
A robot chef, a robot maid
Then one night on a dare
I made my robots self-aware
And it wasn't really planned,
But now the robots rule the land
And we're happier than we've ever been

There was fighting, sure, at first
When the bots conquered the Earth
All the people thought we're doomed
That by robots we'd be consumed
But we humans had no chance
Robots stunned us with a glance
And after the human's final stand
It was the robots ruled the land
Now we're happier than we've ever been

That's the last war that we've seen
By decree of robot queen
All the studies now do show
That at ruling, humans blow
Law's more carefully applied
With a logic-loving guide
Now with an impartial hand
It's the robots rule the land
Now we're happier than we've ever been

(copyright 2003 by ME!)

-ZDCOD

--
"Medicine was so backwards in the early 1500s that the curative powers
of the leech had not yet been discovered."
- Joel Achenbach, _Why Things Are Volume II: The Big Picture_

Pugg

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 12:40:35 PM4/15/03
to
Previously on ark, we heard sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) say:

>DarlaVl...@hotmail.com (Darla Vladschyk) writes:
>>"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
>
>>>And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
>>>charts...
>
>>How about we cover "We Like Tha Moon?" by the Spongemonkeys?
>
> Right. I'll get the giant brandy snifter full of light brown M&Ms.

Yeah, well, now that we know who HASN'T read the contract rider.

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/vanhalen.htm

>Claim: Van Halen's standard performance contract contained a provision
>calling for them to be provided with a bowl of M&Ms, but with all the brown
>candies removed.
>
>Status: True.
>
>[...]
>By far the most notorious of these whimsical requests is the legend that
>Van Halen's standard concert contract called for them to be provided with
>a bowl of M&Ms backstage, but with provision that all the brown candies
>must be removed. The presence of even a single brown M&M in that bowl, rumor
>had it, was sufficient legal cause for Van Halen to peremptorily cancel a
>scheduled appearance without advance notice (and usually an excuse for them
>to go on a destructive rampage as well).
>[...]

Determining the reasoning behind this provision (and there is some,
believe it or not) is left as an exercise for the reader.

pugg
--

Stacia

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 1:19:17 PM4/15/03
to
Pugg <pug...@hotmail.com> writes:
>Previously on ark, we heard sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) say:
>>DarlaVl...@hotmail.com (Darla Vladschyk) writes:
>>>"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
>>
>>>>And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
>>>>charts...
>>
>>>How about we cover "We Like Tha Moon?" by the Spongemonkeys?
>>
>> Right. I'll get the giant brandy snifter full of light brown M&Ms.

>Yeah, well, now that we know who HASN'T read the contract rider.

>http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/vanhalen.htm

Screw Van Halen, I was referencing "Wayne's World". Don't make me beat
you to death with my shoe.

"Hiding in my USENET, safe within my Obvious Bag.
I amuse no one and no one amuses me."

Jeremy Impson

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 8:37:01 PM4/15/03
to
On 15 Apr 2003, fB wrote:

> "CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote in <41e804d2beb9bd8c...@news.teranews.com>:
>
> > We need some lyrics...
>
> No problem. I can write lyrics almost as embarassingly good as Pete
> Sinfield's:
>
> < http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=GZuDzAem5%2B1N092yn%40powerline.fis.unico.it >
>

*sigh* I never get abused anymre...

--Jeremy

Jeremy Impson

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 8:46:33 PM4/15/03
to
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Stacia wrote:

> Pugg <pug...@hotmail.com> writes:
> >Previously on ark, we heard sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) say:

[...]


> >> Right. I'll get the giant brandy snifter full of light brown M&Ms.
>
> >Yeah, well, now that we know who HASN'T read the contract rider.
>
> >http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/vanhalen.htm
>
> Screw Van Halen, I was referencing "Wayne's World". Don't make me beat
> you to death with my shoe.

Beat me to death. PLEASE.

Darla Vladschyk

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 9:26:37 PM4/15/03
to
sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) wrote:

>DarlaVl...@hotmail.com (Darla Vladschyk) writes:
>>"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
>
>>>And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
>>>charts...
>
>>How about we cover "We Like Tha Moon?" by the Spongemonkeys?
>
> Right. I'll get the giant brandy snifter full of light brown M&Ms.

I saw you today, Stacia. I was cruising along the 103 in the center
lane on my way home to Casa Kielbasa listening to Amanda Marshall
pumping out "It's the Sunday Morning After Baby, Who the Hell Are
You?"

On the right in the Exit Only lane for the 102 a young woman on a
Harley came roaring up beside me. I glanced over and cocked an
eyebrow appreciatively at her well-oiled and well-stuffed leather bike
garb, which included gloves with gauntlets--- a particular hot button
of mine. Her silver-tone Harley helmet barely constrained her
wind-whipped mahogany curls, and she kicked out with one knee-high
burnished leather boot--- just for the hell of it--- as she swerved
off onto the exit. I gave one last admiring glance and saw a hot blue
triangular flag waggling from a bendy little staff on the back of the
bike. "STACIA" it read.

You are SO cool.

-=D=-

Dean Lenort

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 9:37:33 PM4/15/03
to
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, "CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:

> And the first single? The album? We need some lyrics... we need some
> charts... there's so much to organise if we're gonna release something in
> time to qualify for the Grammys...

Karlo is the man you really need for this effort as he is Kibology's
undisputed king of rockenroll. I'm sure you'll agree when you look at the
snippets of Kibological lyrics that I've included below. The entire post
can be found at: Message-ID: <8F9FBB5...@216.206.190.193> but I've
helpfully included the part you'll need to get started on the lyrics.

-> SINGER: So, I was sitting by the river...
[...]
-> SINGER: ...and there was this lonely orange cone...
[...]
-> SINGER: ...and I wrote these lyrics...
[...]
-> SINGER: [picks up acoustic and starts strumming out-of-tune chords]
[...]
-> SINGER: [singing] ...the cones, the cones, we set them free...
[...]
-> SINGER: [singing] ...let me feed from the durian of your heart...

Of course they need to be fleshed out a bit, but as you can see there's
some excellent seed material there. Why these words beg to be set to
dueling theremins!
--
Dean Lenort | When you have rum and the lash, sodomy
| is never far behind, as it were. - Joe Bay

CB

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 10:48:57 PM4/15/03
to

Jeremy Impson <jdim...@acm.org> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.03041...@monster.apt.net...

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Stacia wrote:
> > Pugg <pug...@hotmail.com> writes:
> > >Previously on ark, we heard sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) say:
> [...]
> > >> Right. I'll get the giant brandy snifter full of light brown M&Ms.
> > >Yeah, well, now that we know who HASN'T read the contract rider.
> > >http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/vanhalen.htm

> > Screw Van Halen, I was referencing "Wayne's World". Don't make me
beat
> > you to death with my shoe.
>
> Beat me to death. PLEASE.

This is fantastic! The roadie's threatening one of the band with violence...
and we haven't even *rehearsed* yet!

Love,
CB


CB

unread,
Apr 16, 2003, 1:48:06 AM4/16/03
to

Jacob W. Haller <sp...@jwgh.org> wrote in message
news:1ftggpj.oq42jc10192bkN%sp...@jwgh.org...

Hail, mighty ZIP DRIVE CLICK OF DETH!

I've done a rough sketch - we just need to rearrange it for nose flute,
triangle, concertina, keyboards, guitar and duelling theremins (it could
*really* use duelling theremins, I'm quite excited). But it's a hit! I'm
sure! Either that or a flop! Of this at least we can be certain!

http://drowsydrivers.iuma.com/index-2.html

Admittedly, you wouldn't call it *punk*... but it has some of the same
disrespect for the outmoded Western concept of "talent"...

Love,
CB

P.S. "Interrobang Cartel" needs its own IUMA page. If Christian pop is
cleaning up, Kibological punk is a real money-spinner!

Chris Reuter

unread,
Apr 17, 2003, 6:09:02 PM4/17/03
to
In article <41e804d2beb9bd8c...@news.teranews.com>,
CB <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
>Band:

>Lineup (apologies if I've missed anyone):

[...]


>Chris Reuter - Backing vocals, musical differences

As the band's sole source of creativity, I think I need a more
punk stage name. So from now on, I shall be billed as "Segfault
Lamprey". Or, if I feel my name needs more bang, "Segfault Lamprey
Kerblamm". I'm not sure yet.


--Chris


--
Chris Reuter http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~cgreuter
"You think we live in pretty desperate times when people want to go
back to 1975"
--Lard, _70's Rock Must Die_

Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther

unread,
Apr 17, 2003, 8:29:02 PM4/17/03
to
"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote in message news:<41e804d2beb9bd8c...@news.teranews.com>...

COMAR:

"A!" A quote Supplier will be licensed
or a dealer or wholesaler
of a brand of wine or distiller of spirits
or just a seller to a dealer or wholesaler here
in MARYLAND

(Instru mental solo - Accordian)

"Bee!" If Mr. S got to change licensed wholesaler
or franchiser
to sell some kind of wine or something
that is finer

He's gotta give thirty days.
(Gotta give thirty days)
Of notice of this intention
(Gotta give thirty days?)
Registered mail!
(Gotta give, gotta give)
To Alchohol and Tobbacco Tax
Unit!

"See!"
If you, Mr. C. discontinue sale of wine
(Or gotta quit something finer)
Give the man 30 days again
(But gotta mention new supplier)

Indeedy Section "D" (Please sample Ben Stein for this line. Only)

If they say that thirty down
is crushing you in town
Comptroller comptroller comptroller.

Proof of spirits - put writing
don't get lawyers - no fighting!
Circumstances warrant - potato fluid not for lighting!

"Eeeeeee!" (fade to...)
...affected by the procedure set forth in this regulation
which is in the outgoing wholesaler's inventory on vacation.
On or before the conclusion of this notice
period shall be purchased and paid
for by the supplier or incoming wholesaler
at the laid-in cost of the out-
-going wholesaler before the in-
-coming wholesaler is allowed to dis-
-tribute the product in the Maryland
market.
(deep breath)
If a supplier, other than the current brand owner or authorized agent,
acquires a brand and wants to designate a wholesaler
other than the existing wholesaler,
the supplier may not file the brand under
Regulation .05 of this chapter,
until the supplier or incoming wholesaler has
purchased the inventory of the outgoing
wholesaler at the laid-in cost
of the outgoing wholesaler.

"Section F & G" Ignore those rules if they don't apply!

++
Tea Enb!

I have to admit you may wanna change that next to last verse
to accomodate the drummer.

Cheers!

E"HT"L

Jeremy Impson

unread,
Apr 17, 2003, 11:58:41 PM4/17/03
to
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Chris Reuter wrote:

> In article <41e804d2beb9bd8c...@news.teranews.com>,
> CB <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
> >Band:
>
> >Lineup (apologies if I've missed anyone):
> [...]
> >Chris Reuter - Backing vocals, musical differences
>
> As the band's sole source of creativity, I think I need a more
> punk stage name. So from now on, I shall be billed as "Segfault
> Lamprey". Or, if I feel my name needs more bang, "Segfault Lamprey
> Kerblamm". I'm not sure yet.

This ain't no new wave band. You'll be Alligator Castration and you'll
like it.

Karlo X

unread,
Apr 20, 2003, 12:13:19 AM4/20/03
to
Dean Lenort <dean....@att.net> wrote in
news:jbcp9vsi9it35tqfb...@4ax.com:

> Karlo is the man you really need for this effort as he is
> Kibology's undisputed king of rockenroll. I'm sure you'll agree
> when you look at the snippets of Kibological lyrics that I've
> included below. The entire post can be found at: Message-ID:
> <8F9FBB5...@216.206.190.193> but I've helpfully included the
> part you'll need to get started on the lyrics.
>
> -> SINGER: So, I was sitting by the river...
> [...]

[...]

Hey! You remembered that Stan Mack-style post of mine. On the
day of my birthday no less. OMG OMG LOL LOL!!1!

Of course, I'd have preferred an animal sacrifice in my name, but
I'll take what I can get. Beggers, choosers.

> Of course they need to be fleshed out a bit, but as you can see
> there's some excellent seed material there. Why these words beg
> to be set to dueling theremins!

WoowooEEEwooEEEwooEEEwooEEE
WoowooEEEwooEEEwooEEEwooEEE

k.
--
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are
really good at heart." - Anne Frank

James Vandenberg

unread,
Apr 20, 2003, 12:30:53 AM4/20/03
to
Karlo X <kta...@artcrime.com> wrote:
> Of course, I'd have preferred an animal sacrifice in my name, but
> I'll take what I can get. Beggers, choosers.

IWPTA 'animal orifices'

Ja-seariously-needing-some-brane-cleaning-done-mes
--
James Vandenberg Email: james at vandenberg.dropbear.id.au
GPG FP= 65AB 179A D884 EDC6 216D FE6A 6833 02BC 4425 4F70
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. ICQ: 151135390
Beware! Sometimes forks and candles fall from the sky.

// u l i a n

unread,
Apr 20, 2003, 12:37:59 AM4/20/03
to
"Chris Reuter" <cgre...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
news:0f1n7b...@catarneh.blit.ca...

> In article <41e804d2beb9bd8c...@news.teranews.com>,
> CB <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
> >Band:
>
> >Lineup (apologies if I've missed anyone):
> [...]
> >Chris Reuter - Backing vocals, musical differences
>
> As the band's sole source of creativity, I think I need a more
> punk stage name. So from now on, I shall be billed as "Segfault
> Lamprey". Or, if I feel my name needs more bang, "Segfault Lamprey
> Kerblamm". I'm not sure yet.
>
>
> --Chris

I dub thee Sir Segfault Sirdump Encore Antiton.

Julian
--
I see the sunshine through
the eyes of a clown


Jacob W. Haller

unread,
Apr 20, 2003, 11:18:05 AM4/20/03
to
Dean Lenort <dean....@att.net> wrote:

> -> SINGER: So, I was sitting by the river...
> [...]
> -> SINGER: ...and there was this lonely orange cone...
> [...]
> -> SINGER: ...and I wrote these lyrics...
> [...]
> -> SINGER: [picks up acoustic and starts strumming out-of-tune chords]
> [...]
> -> SINGER: [singing] ...the cones, the cones, we set them free...
> [...]
> -> SINGER: [singing] ...let me feed from the durian of your heart...
>
> Of course they need to be fleshed out a bit, but as you can see there's
> some excellent seed material there.

Here's a stab at this: <http://jwgh.org/ark/cones.mp3>

It has a Bo Diddley sort of beat because it should be, and has four
chords basically to piss off Kerri. ENJOY THAT B7 HAW HAW!

Someone has to put Eddie 'HT' Lowther's song to music now and we'll be
all set for the demo, I think.

-jwgh

Kerri

unread,
Apr 20, 2003, 11:40:42 AM4/20/03
to
Jacob W. Haller wrote:

> It has a Bo Diddley sort of beat because it should be, and has four
> chords basically to piss off Kerri. ENJOY THAT B7 HAW HAW!


Fucking show off. My fingers are still bleeding.

--k

Dean Lenort

unread,
Apr 20, 2003, 2:04:59 PM4/20/03
to
On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote:

> Here's a stab at this: <http://jwgh.org/ark/cones.mp3>

INSTANT REVIEW: Needs more wanger. Other than that, bang up job.
--
Dean Lenort | Do you still hear the bleating of the
dean....@att.net | reindeer, Clarice? - Jeremy Impson

Jacob W. Haller

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 9:47:55 AM4/21/03
to

HarCo Industries

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 12:34:40 PM4/21/03
to
sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote in message news:<1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org>...
> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
>

I see you forgot to mention my name, you fucker.

WHEELS SHALL ROLL!

Darla Vladschyk

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 12:41:00 PM4/21/03
to
tdwi...@earthlink.net (HarCo Industries) wrote:

No he didn't!! "Click" the final "lineup" link, and scroll down to:

Terri
I'll be in the audience. But I don't promise to pay attention.
(I asked:) Will you at least heave a bottle of beer at us every now
and then?
(Terri responded:) Without prompting, even.

Doncha roll ovah da Wizard, Trucka Gurrl.

Stacia

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 12:52:10 PM4/21/03
to
tdwi...@earthlink.net (HarCo Industries) writes:
>sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote in message news:<1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org>...

>> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>

Oh my god, it's even got the umlaut. UMLAUT BANDS ROOL!
WOOO0000()()00O HUSKER DU!

>I see you forgot to mention my name, you fucker.

Wait, aren't you Atwolla Curmbox, the triangle playing Rastafarn?

"I've got all these jackboots and no worlds to crush."
James 'Kibo' Parry

HarCo Industries

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 4:39:41 PM4/21/03
to
DarlaVl...@hotmail.com (Darla Vladschyk) wrote in message news:<3ea41e7a...@news.eastlink.ca>...

> tdwi...@earthlink.net (HarCo Industries) wrote:
>
> >sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote in message news:<1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org>...
> >> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
> >>
> >
> >I see you forgot to mention my name, you fucker.
> >
> >
> >
> >WHEELS SHALL ROLL!
>
> No he didn't!! "Click" the final "lineup" link, and scroll down to:
>
> Terri
> I'll be in the audience. But I don't promise to pay attention.
> (I asked:) Will you at least heave a bottle of beer at us every now
> and then?
> (Terri responded:) Without prompting, even.
>
> Doncha roll ovah da Wizard, Trucka Gurrl.
>

Not good enough. He didn't tell that I'M THE ONE WHO CAME UP WITH THE
FRICKING NAME.

OK, sure, he linked to it, but DAMN. John D Salt gets a mention by
name on his page, but NOT ME. WTF? You people NEVER mention me on your
web pages as much as you should.

You will all regret this, as I delve deeper into my new Bad Ass
Lifestyle.

And don't you be fnarring that, you fuckers.

Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 6:35:25 PM4/21/03
to
> -jwgh

I was supposed to set that to music /(Set Font='Wingdings 2')/ ]]]

Could someone go watch all the Don Knots movies for some
melodies for me?

Thanx!

Cheers! E"HT"L

Stacia

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 6:42:27 PM4/21/03
to

>> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>

Jaller [1] should correct this post haste or Terri will sue and not let
us use the name "Interrobang Cartel". The name. Which she invented and
shit. I'm sure Jaller didn't forget this important tidbit, this nougatty
goodness, this gem of truth. Surely.
I'm just a little disappointed to find out that an Interrobang is a real
thing, though. This disappointment will subside once we design the
Interrobang Cartel t-shirts.

[1] It's not as zingy as Jimpson, but it's good enough.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

John D Salt

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 6:43:56 PM4/21/03
to
sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) wrote in
news:b817jq$k9v$2...@pcls4.std.com:

[Snips]


> Wait, aren't you Atwolla Curmbox, the triangle playing
> Rastafarn?

I AM TRIANGLE MAN.

Doin' the things a triangle can.

Atwola Curmbox is the opium-befogged Canuckistani CHYXOR OF DETH
that is a completely separate-type person apart from our shared
interest in deontic logic and nautical jargon, and she plays some
much more complicated instrument, like the spoons or something.
Avast ye prolapsed dogs, let fly yon mizzen sheets and modus
ponens!

Fuck me ragged, I read on our web-page that we've already
released a couple of tracks and I don't even recall ever going to
band practice. Either my £100000-a-day chocklit and beer habit
has left my memory less reliable than a Connex Southeast train
service or there aren't that many triangle parts in happening
punk trax.

If you could envision two black-leather-clad punkettes bumping
and grinding to the sound of "Oliver's Army" with the total
clarity I'm recalling it right now, you probably wouldn't want my
memories of 1978-79 much more than I do. God how I miss her (the
one on the left, the tall red-haired Irish one).

And there's no DANGER,
It's a professional career,
And it could be arranged,
With just a word in Mister Churchill's ear,
If you're out of luck
Or you're out of work
We could could take you to Johannesburg,..
OH OH OH...

All the best,

Gokmop the Irrefrangible (Triangle Man)



Jacob W. Haller

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 6:54:41 PM4/21/03
to
Stacia <sta...@world.std.com> wrote:

> tdwi...@earthlink.net (HarCo Industries) writes:
> >sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote in message
> >news:<1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org>...
>
> >> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
>
> >I see you forgot to mention my name, you fucker.
>
> Jaller [1] should correct this post haste or Terri will sue and not let
> us use the name "Interrobang Cartel". The name. Which she invented and
> shit.

This was done, silently and without fanfare, sometime this morning.
WHAT WAS I THINKING?

But you're right, we should save up all our moneys or there won't be any
money left for when Iomega sues me.

> I'm just a little disappointed to find out that an Interrobang is a real
> thing, though. This disappointment will subside once we design the
> Interrobang Cartel t-shirts.

Kerri has PLANS.

Theresa Willis

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 7:18:56 PM4/21/03
to
On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:54:41 -0400, sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller)
wrote:

>Stacia <sta...@world.std.com> wrote:
>
>> tdwi...@earthlink.net (HarCo Industries) writes:
>> >sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote in message
>> >news:<1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org>...
>>
>> >> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
>>
>> >I see you forgot to mention my name, you fucker.
>>
>> Jaller [1] should correct this post haste or Terri will sue and not let
>> us use the name "Interrobang Cartel". The name. Which she invented and
>> shit.
>
>This was done, silently and without fanfare, sometime this morning.
>WHAT WAS I THINKING?
>

Oh, great, now I just sound like some sort of egomaniac.

Also, how come my name is in the same piddly font size as everyone
else's?

Hmmmmm?

-Terri

Darla Vladschyk

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 9:00:00 PM4/21/03
to
John D Salt <john...@NOSPAM.btclick.com> wrote:

>Atwola Curmbox is the opium-befogged Canuckistani CHYXOR OF DETH

How much do I love that?

>...that is a completely separate-type person apart from our shared

>interest in deontic logic and nautical jargon, and she plays some
>much more complicated instrument, like the spoons or something.

Keyboards.



>Avast ye prolapsed dogs, let fly yon mizzen sheets and modus
>ponens!

<fanning myself>

>Fuck me ragged, I read on our web-page that we've already
>released a couple of tracks and I don't even recall ever going to
>band practice. Either my £100000-a-day chocklit and beer habit
>has left my memory less reliable than a Connex Southeast train
>service or there aren't that many triangle parts in happening
>punk trax.

Well I canna remember either, mon, and it's much more likely there
would be keyboards in the damn piece, doncha think?

I think they're workin aroun the union, mon. Bad mojos.

Whaddaya say we have some hot, meaningless, tamarind lurv, Gokmoppian?
Eh?

Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther

unread,
Apr 21, 2003, 9:54:41 PM4/21/03
to
edl...@netscape.net (Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther) wrote in message news:<dda45eb5.03042...@posting.google.com>...

Adding to post of my own post for here! VIC MIZZERS (I am not making
that name up) wrote all kinds of neat tunes, like for: (imdb.cob list
goes here]

Addams Family Values (1993) (original theme) ]
Addams Family, The (1991) (television theme) !
Munsters' Revenge, The (1981) (TV) !!
"Delta House" (1979/I) TV Series whatever that is ?

Halloween with the New Addams Family (1977) (TV)
... aka All New Addams Family Halloween, The (1977) (TV) !
"Quincy" (1976) TV Series
... aka "Quincy, M.E." (1976)
Million Dollar Rip-Off, The (1976) (TV) hey, my kinda deal !
Terror on the 40th Floor (1974) (TV)
... aka Blazing Tower, The (1974) (TV)
Hurricane (1974) (TV)
... aka Hurricane Hunters (1974) (TV)
Very Missing Person, A (1972) (TV)
... aka Hildegarde Withers (1972) (TV) woo hoo, a name that
Getting Away from It All (1972) (TV) bespeaks rockNpunkitude!!!
How to Frame a Figg (1971)
DON KNOTTS DON KNOTTS DON KNOTTS
Deadly Hunt, The (1971) (TV)
Love God?, The (1969) DON KNOTTS DON KNOTTS DONT KNOTS
Did You Hear the One About the Traveling Saleslady? (1968)
Shakiest Gun in the West, The (1968)
ALSO DON ALSO DON ALSO DON ALSO
Perils of Pauline, The (1967)
Reluctant Astronaut, The (1967) THIS IS MOVIE I WAS THINKIN OF DON
DON
Don't Make Waves (1967)
Busy Body, The (1967)
Spirit Is Willing, The (1967)
Caper of the Golden Bulls, The (1966) W.t.f?! !!1!!]!
... aka Carnival of Thieves (1966) (UK)
Oh, *that* Gollen Bulds.
"Pruitts of Southampton, The" (1966) TV Series
... aka "Phyllis Diller Show, The" (1967) (new title)
Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The (1966) DON KNOTTS DON KNOTTS DON
DKNY
"Double Life of Henry Phyfe, The" (1966) TV Series (also theme)

"Green Acres" (1965) TV Series
*ROBOT INTERPRETATION* GOES HERE!!

Very Special Favor, A (1965)
Night Walker, The (1965)
... aka Dream Killer, The (1965) ????
"Addams Family, The" (1964) TV Series
"Richard Boone Show, The" (1963) TV Series
Rivalen der Manege (1958) (songs)
... aka Bimbo the Great (1958) (USA)
???????????punk stuff????????
In Society (1944) (song)
... aka Abbott and Costello in Society (1944)
Kansas City Kitty (1944) (song "Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes") (uncredited)
Three Little Sisters (1944) (songs) woo? hoo?
Private Buckaroo (1942) (songs)

As you can see, this is all pretty old, so that there copywright thing
has probably not switched over to MP3 lockdown!!!

Cheers!

E"HT"L

John D Salt

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 10:38:10 AM4/22/03
to
sta...@world.std.com (Stacia) wrote in
news:b817jq$k9v$2...@pcls4.std.com:

> tdwi...@earthlink.net (HarCo Industries) writes:


>>sp...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller) wrote in message
>>news:<1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org>...
>
>>> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
>
> Oh my god, it's even got the umlaut. UMLAUT BANDS ROOL!
> WOOO0000()()00O HUSKER DU!

[Snips]

In the interests of promoting infantile squabbling over piddling
details and self-indulgent sulking and pouting under the guise of
"creative differences", I'd like to say that I take MOST VIGOROUS
EXCEPTION to this gratuitous umlautery. It's derivative. It
makes us look as if we're oriented more towards ska-thrash-metal-
garage-new-romantic styles of music, rather than what I see as
our true punk-two-tone-jazz-folk-electric-bluegrass-beable roots.

If there is to be an umlaut at all, it is insufficiently badly-
placed, insofar as it is placed over a vowel, rather than being
placed under a consonant or edgeways in a blank space on a
different part of the page entirely. Not even the excuse of
post-modern irony can compensate for this degree of bourgeois
conformity to the diktats of the socio-military-industrial-big-
government-soft-drinks-record-companies complex.

I therefore propose that the spelling of "Interrobang Cartel" be
changed to eliminate the bourgeois gemutlich umlaut, and replaced
by the stark social realism of a Cyrillic soft-sign at the end of
"Cartel", ideally using a traditional hand-crafted soft-sign from
our comrades in the Glorious Battle Tractor Factory And
Orthographical Manufacturing Cooperative No. 54 at Semipalatinsk.

I feel that it is my duty to take a stand on this diacritical
issue.

All the best,

John.

CB

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 11:32:23 AM4/22/03
to

John D Salt <john...@NOSPAM.btclick.com> wrote in message
news:Xns936595F57135...@217.32.252.50...
>[...]

> I therefore propose that the spelling of "Interrobang Cartel" be
> changed to eliminate the bourgeois gemutlich umlaut, and replaced
> by the stark social realism of a Cyrillic soft-sign at the end of
> "Cartel", ideally using a traditional hand-crafted soft-sign from
> our comrades in the Glorious Battle Tractor Factory And
> Orthographical Manufacturing Cooperative No. 54 at Semipalatinsk.
>
> I feel that it is my duty to take a stand on this diacritical
> issue.

We'll eventually break up... punctuational differences.

Love,
CB


CB

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 11:43:08 AM4/22/03
to

Jacob W. Haller <sp...@jwgh.org> wrote in message
news:1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org...
> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
>

I tried recording Eddie's in the style of Tricky last night - it's got
duelling theremins and everything! - but I think it went horribly, horribly
wrong.
Let me listen back to it now...

...yep, horribly, horribly wrong.

Love,
CB


Jacob W. Haller

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 12:25:10 PM4/22/03
to
CB <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:

Great! So where is it?

CB

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 12:40:42 PM4/22/03
to

Jacob W. Haller <sp...@jwgh.org> wrote in message
news:1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org...
> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
>
Ever had that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach?

You may have been sinking, of course, or on a rollercoaster or something,
but you might also be fearing a moment like *this*:

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_Interrobangs/

Who *are* these punks? They're not a cartel! Grrrr!

Love,
CB


Stacia

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 3:09:42 PM4/22/03
to
"CB" <nos...@mymailbox.please> writes:
>Jacob W. Haller <sp...@jwgh.org> wrote:

>> <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>


>>
>You may have been sinking, of course, or on a rollercoaster or something,
>but you might also be fearing a moment like *this*:

>http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_Interrobangs/

Dude, you are such a ninny. These gurlz are clearly not even a band,
they're a DUO, and as such their asses can be kicked quite heartily and
with feeling. Secondly, they are lame because they steal bad screen shots
off Aeon Flux and use them as "photos" of themselves, and frankly, we all
know better than that.
It's a good thing you've got a knowledgeable, wise roadie like me on
your payroll, monkeyboy.
Our fake band can kick their fake band. But we need a web page, and
pronto. I've been sketching out a design (instead of working, of course)
and I already know my wants far exceed my abilities. I can try, though.
I envision a webpage reminiscent of the work of Walter Sickert, except
with more butterflies and balloons.

"The talking McNuggets were when I first realized that
advertisers are fucked in the head."

David DeLaney

unread,
Apr 22, 2003, 7:48:04 PM4/22/03
to
John D Salt <john...@NOSPAM.btclick.com> wrote:
>If there is to be an umlaut at all, it is insufficiently badly-
>placed, insofar as it is placed over a vowel, rather than being
>placed under a consonant or edgeways in a blank space on a
>different part of the page entirely.

I was told we didn't have to discuss degrees of difficulty in trolling Kibo
on this here webbsbbd.

Also, "difficulty-wah-diddy".

>for this degree of bourgeois
>conformity to the diktats of the socio-military-industrial-big-
>government-soft-drinks-record-companies complex.

Kontext-Away is defeated by your superior knowledge of Cyrillic.

>I therefore propose that the spelling of "Interrobang Cartel" be
>changed to eliminate the bourgeois gemutlich umlaut, and replaced
>by the stark social realism of a Cyrillic soft-sign at the end of "Cartel",

DAMMIT STOP STEALING MY JOKES BEFORE I READ THEM IN ADVANCE!

>I feel that it is my duty to take a stand on this diacritical issue.

TERRI!

Dave "you a-gonna be layin' DOWN soon boah" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable<BLINK>
http://www.vic.com/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

CB

unread,
Apr 23, 2003, 7:42:18 AM4/23/03
to

Jacob W. Haller <sp...@jwgh.org> wrote in message
news:1ftth5i.1gw3n3c1drg6wkN%sp...@jwgh.org...

> CB <nos...@mymailbox.please> wrote:
>
> > Jacob W. Haller <sp...@jwgh.org> wrote in message
> > news:1ftrf5i.1bsd09z6p5rcwN%sp...@jwgh.org...
> > > <http://interrobang.jwgh.org/>
> > >
> >
> > I tried recording Eddie's in the style of Tricky last night - it's got
> > duelling theremins and everything! - but I think it went horribly,
horribly
> > wrong.
> > Let me listen back to it now...
> >
> > ...yep, horribly, horribly wrong.
>
> Great! So where is it?

It's called "Comar:" and is now available here:
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_Drowsy_Drivers/index-2.html

...but sadly, it doesn't have the Ben Stein sample as requested (down here
in Austria, our only pop-culture-zeitgeist-type encounter with Ben Stein was
"Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?"; "Win Ben Stein's Money" was here as "Win Roy &
HG's Money", and was something of a ratings disaster)... sorry Eddie!

And sorry in general. It's not even remotely like Tricky... clearly haven't
been hittin' the weed hard enough...

Love,
CB


Glenn Knickerbocker

unread,
Apr 23, 2003, 12:45:03 PM4/23/03
to
I wrote:
> Not R: Electric elephant trunk
> Evidence to be forthcoming at http://mp3.com/limprichard

Evidence now available at:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/3199/3199459.html

Rich Holmes

unread,
Apr 23, 2003, 1:36:53 PM4/23/03
to
John D Salt <john...@NOSPAM.btclick.com> writes:

> If there is to be an umlaut at all, it is insufficiently badly-
> placed, insofar as it is placed over a vowel, rather than being
> placed under a consonant or edgeways in a blank space on a
> different part of the page entirely

Or, perhaps the best option, over a vowel in some other band's name on
another web site.

--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes <http://www.richholmes.net/doctroid/>

"We're waist deep in the Big Muddy
And the big fool says to push on." -- Pete Seeger

Glenn Knickerbocker

unread,
May 5, 2003, 12:57:04 AM5/5/03
to
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages