The College Admissions Essays

Jacob W. Haller

Dec 30, 2003, 11:42:06 AM12/30/03
1. Tell us about a significant event in your life and how it influenced
you.

ANSWER:
I can still remember the day I got my first college
admissions booklet. It arrived in the mail in a big manilla
envelope, and it was like Christmas and my birthday rolled
all in to one: What marvels would I find inside? I had one
day hoped to work for a college admissions board, designing
questions that would be designed precisely to allow the
applicants to best reveal their strengths and desires, their
dreams and the challenges they had had to overcome.

The first essay question was, 'Tell us about a significant
event in your life and how it influenced you.' It was a bit
of a letdown, to be completely frank.

2. Please use this page in any way you like, within the constraints of 8
1/2 x 11 size and 2 dimensions, to tell us more about yourself and your
abilities.

ANSWER:
all work and no play make jack a dull boyRall work and no
play make jack a dull boy all work and noEplay make jack a
dull boy all work and no play make jack aDdull boy all work
and no play make jack a dull boy all workRand no play make
jack a dull boy all work and no play makeUjack a dull boy
all work and no play make jack a dull boyMall work and no
play make jack a dull boy all work and noRplay make jack a
dull boy all work and no play make jack aEdull boy all work
and no play make jack a dull boy all workDand no play make
jack a dull boy all work and no play makeRjack a dull boy
all work and no play make jack a dull boyUall work and no
play make jack a dull boy all work and noRplay make jack a
dull boy all work and no play make jack aEdull boy all work
and no play make jack a dull boy all workDand no play make
jack a dull boy all work and no play makeRjack a dull boy
all work and no play make jack a dull boyUall work and no
play make jack a dull boy all work and noMplay make jack a
dull boy all work and no play make jack aRdull boy all work
and no play make jack a dull boy all workEand no play make
jack a dull boy all work and no play makeDjack a dull boy

3. Reproduce page 312 of your 521-page autobiography.

ANSWER:

THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BlANK

4. Write a question that you would put on a college application and
answer it.

ANSWER:
Write a question that you would put on a college application
and answer it.

ANSWER:
Write a question that you would put on a college application
and answer it.

ANSWER:
Talk about one thing that you could do to help the
environment.

ANSWER:
I would not use 'Write a question that you would put on a
college application and answer it' on a college application,
as answering it takes up too much paper and contributes to
deforestation.

-jwgh

--
"I don't advocate responding to rudeness with rudeness, but inducing
fear is always a good option."

Kevin S. Wilson

Dec 30, 2003, 12:39:47 PM12/30/03
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:42:06 -0500, yo...@jwgh.org (Jacob W. Haller)
wrote:

>3. Reproduce page 312 of your 521-page autobiography.
>
>ANSWER:
>
> THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BlANK

I know you're trolling me, Young Jacob, because no one ever mentions
"This Page Intentionally Left Blank" without the sub-text being "Tech
writers sure are dumm."

My wife attended some training at Hewlett-Packard the other day, and
the instructor had a PowerPoint slide that said, "This Slide
Intentionally Left Blank." I thought the joke was funny enough to
steal.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho