Islam in Action

Sven_O...@e-mailanywhere.com

Jul 24, 2005, 2:47:38 PM7/24/05
And not a shoe-bomb in sight...

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/003200507240338.htm

Nobel laureate condemns hanging of teenagers in Iran
Teheran (Iran), July 24 (AP): Nobel Peace Prize winner Shirin Ebadi on
Saturday condemned the hanging of two teenagers in northeastern Iran, a
punishment that prompted protests by gay rights groups around the
world.

Ebadi said the hanging last week of a 16-year-old and an 18-year-old on
charges of involvement in homosexual acts was a violation of Iran's
obligations under the International Convention on the Rights of the
Child, which bans such executions.

Ebadi said her Center for the Protection of Human Rights will intensify
its fight against Iran's executions of minors.

"My calls for a law clearly banning execution of under-18s has fallen
on deaf ears so far but I will not give up the fight," Ebadi told The
Associated Press.

Mahmoud Asgari, 16, and Ayaz Marhoni, 18, were hanged publicly July 19
in the city of Mashhad on charges of raping younger boys.

Asgari and Marhoni were held in prison for 14 months and received
lashes, meaning that they were both minors when they were arrested.

In Sweden, foreign ministry spokesman, Per Saland, said the government
was "looking very seriously" at the hangings.

"We are against the death penalty and we particularly react when it
comes to the execution of minors, pregnant women and the
mentally-disabled," Saland said.

The Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay and Transgender Rights posted a
photo on its website showing hooded executioners tightening ropes
around the suspects' necks.

The group's chairman, Soren Andersson, said called on Sweden's
government not to deport gay and lesbian asylum seekers back to Iran.

"Sweden has turned gay and lesbian refugees back to Iran and they
should know that these people could be killed," he said.

Ebadi, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003, has campaigned to protect
the rights of children and improve human rights in Iran, but has met
strong resistance from the judiciary which is controlled by
hard-liners.

Under Iranian law, girls over the age of 9 and boys over 15 face
execution if they commit crimes such as murder and rape. Under certain
conditions, capital punishment is imposed for those engaging in illegal
sexual relations.

In 2003, a 16-year-old girl said to be suffering from a psychological
disorder was executed in Neka, a town in northern Iran, on charges of
having an illegal sexual relationship.

Asgari's lawyer, Rohollah Razaz Zadeh, said Iranian courts are supposed
to commute death sentences handed to children to five years in jail.

"The judiciary has trampled its own laws," Razaz Zadeh told the AP
Saturday.

But the lawyer said Iran's Supreme Court upheld the death verdict and
allowed the execution to be carried out over his objections.

Asgari and Marhoni said before their hanging that they were not aware
that the act of homosexuality was punishable by death. Asgari had been
accused of raping a 13-year-old boy.

Gay rights groups, such as the London-based Outrage!, and Iranian
opposition groups suggested the rape allegations were trumped-up
charges aimed to undermine public sympathy for the teenagers.

The Iranian government last year refused to give Ebadi permission to
stage a rally to protest children's executions.

While there are no official figures on death sentences given to minors,
human rights activists say about a dozen were executed in Iran last
year.

The Answer ???????

Jul 24, 2005, 6:09:19 PM7/24/05
You're a funy guy...

racist and gay at the same time! What a freak you are.

<Sven_O...@e-mailanywhere.com> wrote in message

\/\/ORD@true.org

Jul 24, 2005, 6:20:33 PM7/24/05
HEY! You have to wait until you get to Paradise if anal sex is your
"Thing". Read the Queeran. Buggering lil' boys is the reward
allaha/satan promises sandniggaz for murder/suicide.

Sven_O...@e-mailanywhere.com

Jul 25, 2005, 5:57:47 AM7/25/05
The Answer ??????? wrote:
> You're a funy guy...
>
> racist and gay at the same time! What a freak you are.

So reporting on faggots makes you one yourself? Right. Therefore
reporting on Islam would make me Islamic, no? If that's the case I
renounce my religion and gladly cry "fuck allah and his paedophile
priest mohammed, may pig shit be upon him".

Your moral superior,

Sven.

Sven_O...@e-mailanywhere.com

Jul 25, 2005, 12:25:11 PM7/25/05