MANU SMRITI

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Oct 12, 2008, 3:07:42 AM10/12/08
Forwarded message from Prof. G. C. Asnani

Manu Smriti

Selections from Hindu Scriptures, Series No.1, "SMRITIS"

In India, particularly after Independence in 1947, the
younger generation of Hindus has been ignorant and
indifferent about the teachings of Hindu religion. There
has also been persistent effort from some quarters to speak
ill of Hindu religion. This has had the natural effect of
younger generation developing indifference towards and even
ridicule of Hindu religion in India. The Constitution of
India encourages non-Hindu youngsters to be given education
about the teachings of their respective religions in the
Govt.-aided educational institution of India, but Hindu
youngsters cannot be given such education about Hindu
religion in Govt.-aided educational institutions.

Outside India, the Christian missionaries have consistently
worked for over three centuries to paint Hindu religion as
demonic barbarism. These missionaries collect huge amounts
of money and recruit large number of persons from outside
India to remove Hinduism from the surface of the earth.
This type of propaganda against Hinduism has affected and
is affecting the political policies of foreign governments
towards India.

By now, we have also become familiar with Taliban Movement
in Afghanistan and Pakistan. It correctly represents Islam
without any hide-and-seek game. Government-aided Madrasas
in India become factories for Talibanism inside India, for
destruction of Hinduism.

It is time that we Hindus assert ourselves and place the
basic teachings of Hinduism before the whole world, for the
people to read for themselves and come to their own
conclusions directly without interference from those who
have been profiting by hurling abuses at Hinduism. This is
the first in the series of publications which we propose to
publish.

We are sure that a better knowledge about Hinduism inside
India will strengthen the Hindu society, give it the self-
confidence to understand, practise and propagate the noble
teachings of Hinduism; this shall be for the benefit of the
whole world which is being engulfed by inter-religious
warfare under various pretexts. Religion is essentially a
matter of self-discipline, self-culture, enriching of one’s
inner self, realisation of divinity which lies dormant in
every living being and the manifestation of this divinity
in our daily conduct of life. Religion cannot be used and
should not be used as a weapon in our hands and mouths to
conquer and subjugate others, to win political power and
destroy other religious communities; that would be
barbarism and not religion. Religion should bring peace,
tranquility and happiness to everyone on this earth.

In this first book of the series, we are presenting
Selections from some of the Smritis like Manu Smriti and
Vasistha Smriti, and Smritis of Yagnavalkya, Apastamba,
Gautama, and Baudhayana. In this collection, we have taken
help from the following publications:

a) Sacred Books of the East, edited by Max Muller,
published by Motilal Banarsidass, Vols. 1 to 50.

b) Publications of Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute,
Pune. Smritis are the Rules of conduct framed by Rishis at
various stages of history of the Hindu Society. While there
is some apparent diversity in these rules, it is not
difficult to trace the underlying unity of self-discipline
and the object of welfare of the society. With this
underlying unity, there have been changes in rules from
time to time, and no one would be right in picking up a
sentence here and there and making much noise about it. We
should look at the underlying structural basis of the
Smritis. It may not be out of place to mention here that
the Constitution of India framed by Independent India in
1948 has had 75 Amendments upto the year 1995. If in the
course of less than half a century, the law makers of India
have found it necessary to have Amendments at the rate of
more than one Amendment per year, some changes in the rules
of conduct suggested by Rishis into the sacred books of the
Hindu society, over a period of several hundred centuries,
should not be a cause of complaint by any rational
reasoning. And then there is also the Grand Principle of
Freedom of thought, belief and action given to every Hindu
by the Hindu Scriptures:

"For choosing your course of conduct at any time and place,
keep in view the instructions given first in Sruti(Vedas),
then in Smritis, Itihaas(History of great personalties) and
finally you act according to your conscience." (Manu
Smriti, II, 6)

This Grand Principle of Freedom given to an individual by
the Hindu religion will, in course of time, form the basis
for ending inter-religious and intra-religious conflicts. I
have great pleasure in acknowledging the help given in this
Collection, Compilation and Computer typesetting by Shri N.
Madhavan, Shri Sudhindra Mujumdar and Shri Sanjay Chakane,
without whose constant support, it would not have been
possible at all to bring out this booklet. All of us have
worked together with a common objective of rendering a
little service to the Hindu Society, and our Sanatana Hindu
Dharma. May the message be transmitted further and
further.

There has been too much public criticism against Manu
Smriti, which criticism is not based on sound reasoning
and thoughtful study. Before criticising Manu Smriti, we
should consider the following points:

i) Manu Smriti was compiled several thousand years
back during which interval, social, economic and political
conditions have changed in Hindu society. If Indian
Constitution has required more than one Amendment per year,
how many Amendments would be necessary in Hindu
Constitution compiled several thousand years back?

ii) There were no printing presses and standard
reference editions several thousand years back. Naturally,
the current edition of Manu Smriti has suffered from many
interpolations for which Maha Rishi Manu cannot be held
responsible and for which criticism of Maha Rishi Manu will
not be justified.

iii) Further, as has been seen the practice of Hindu
religion, there is enormous, almost complete freedom for an
individual to believe or to disbelieve any dogma, to accept
or to discard any instruction written in any book, and to
use one's own intelligence and conscience before adopting
any course of action. This is the beauty of Hindu
religion.

iv) Maha Rishi Manu himself says that if there is
anything in his Smriti which is not acceptable to the
conscience of any person, that person should reject it and
act according to his/her own conscience. Then, where is
any reasonable ground for criticising Maha Rishi Manu?
Rather, he deserves our respect for his giving us
instructions to reject what is against our conscience even
in his Manu Smriti.

Which other religious scripture in the world outside Hindu
religion and its branches gives such freedom?

MALIGNING HINDUISM

(i) Communalism:

Proselytizing religious like Christianity and
Islam are rabid communal religions which have created and
continue to create inter-religious and inter-communal
warfare. While indulging in activities of such perpetual
inter-communal warfare, any resistance from Hindu society
in India is termed by them as "Communalism! Communalism!".
It is like a thief shouting "Thief, Thief" and getting
away!

(ii) Caste System:

These proselytizing religions also accuse and nearly abuse
Manusmriti for caste system. The underlying spirit behind
Hindu religion codified by Maharishi Manu is that Religion
is essentially a matter of self-discipline, self-culture,
enriching of one's inner self, realisation of divinity
which lies dormant in every living being irrespective of
creed, colour or caste and the manifestation of this
divinity in our daily conduct of life. Anything found in
Manusmriti contradicting this spirit is a later
interpolation and manipulation for which we cannot blame
Maharishi Manu. We can easily identify such manipulations.
If somebody does not care to find out this truth, then also
the great Maharishi Manu has clearly stated in his
Manusmriti, which statement fortunately remains inside
Manusmriti till today, that if there is any statement in
Manusmriti which is contrary to your conscience, please
reject it outright and follow your own conscience. Then,
where is the justification for decrying Maharishi Manu as
is customary for critics of Hinduism? Maharishi Manu tells
you to follow your conscience inspite of whatever is
written in this or that Book. Our salutations to this
Maharishi Manu for this freedom! Anti-Hindu fanatics call
Hindus as "MANU-VADIS". Have they cared to read and
understand Manusmriti, or they are just parroting what
anti-Hindu missionaries have taught them to repeat and
repeat? "Above every Book, follow your conscience" is the
watchword of great Maharishi Manu; hundreds of salutations
to Maharishi Manu who gave this freedom of thought,
belief and action.

Superiority by Birth or by Conduct?

Also, Maharishi Manu made it clear that superiority is not
by birth but by Conduct. This Principle was further
emphasized later by Maharishi Ved Vyas in the Mahabharat;
relevant extract from Mahabharata Vana Parva, Section 179
is also given below. (Unfortunately, some selfish
politicians in India are now taking a retrograde steps by
giving superior positions not on merit but by birth caste-
certificates).

CASTE IS BY CONDUCT, NOT BY BIRTH

o The Seniority of Brahman is from Sacred Knowledge, that
of Kshatriyas from valour, that of Vaisyas from wealth in
grain, but that of Sudras is from age alone. (II, 155)

o A man is not therefore considered Venerable just
because his head is gray; him who, though young in age,
has learned the Veda, the Gods consider to be Venerable.
(II, 156)

o As an elephant made of wood, as an antelope made of
leather, such is an unlearned Brahman; those three have
nothing but the names of their kind. (II, 157)

o Just as a eunuch is unproductive with women, as a cow
with cow is unprolific, and as a gift made to an ignorant
man yields no reward, likewise is a Brahman worthless, who
does not know the Richas (Vedic Verses). (II, 158)

NON - IMPORTANCE OF CASTE

o He who possesses faith may receive pure learning even
from a man of lower caste, the highest law even from the
lowest, and an excellent wife even from a base family. (II,
238)

o Even from poison, nectar may be taken; even from a
child, good advice; even from a foe, a lesson in good
conduct; and even from an impure substance gold. (II, 239)

o Excellent wives, learning, the knowledge of Law, the
rules of purity, good advice, and various arts may be
acquired from anybody. (II, 240)

POSITION OF WOMEN

o Women must be honoured and adorned by their fathers,
brothers, husbands and brothers-in-law, who desire their
own welfare. (III, 55)

o Where women are honoured, there the gods are pleased;
but where they are not honoured, no Sacred rite yields
rewards. (III, 56)

o Where the female relations live in grief, the family
soon wholly perishes; but that family where they are not
unhappy ever prospers. (III, 57)

o The houses on which female relations, not being duly
honoured, pronounce a curse, perish completely as if
destroyed by magic. (III, 58)

o Hence men who seek their own welfare, should always
honour women on holidays and festivals with gifts of
ornaments, clothes, and dainty food. (III, 59)

IS EVERY BRAHMAN TO BE ADORED?

o Manu has declared that those Brahmans who are thieves,
outcasts, eunuchs, or atheists are unworthy to partake of
oblations offered to gods and ancestors. (III, 150)

KILLING OF ANIMALS

o He who injures harmless creatures from a wish to give
himself pleasure, never finds happiness, neither living nor
dead. (V, 45)

o He who permits the slaughter of an animal, he who cuts
it up, he who kills it, he who buys or sells meat, he who
cooks it, he who serves it up, and he who eats it, must all
be considered as the slayers of the animal. (V, 51)

o There is no greater sinner than that man who, though
not worshipping the gods or the manes seeks to increase the
bulk of his own flesh by the flesh of other beings. (V, 52)

End of forwarded message from Prof. G. C. Asnani, M.Sc.,
Ph.D. (United Nations Service, Retired)

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/24fq83
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

uNmaiviLambi

Oct 12, 2008, 7:52:20 AM10/12/08
On Oct 12, 3:07 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.

Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Forwarded message from Prof. G. C. Asnani
>
> Manu Smriti

Fully agree. Manu is deliberately distorted by ignorant people and by
crooks

mud...@sympatico.ca

Oct 12, 2008, 8:55:09 AM10/12/08

MANU was an outsider came as a gypsy from eastern Europe or Iran.
Manu's barkings are irrelevant with any VEDIC scripts! His barkings
based on Islamic fundementalism! That is why you and your other face
Jai cry for Paki McCain!

Further MANU was an unknown case for majority Hindus! If you like manu
for the discriminatory and criminal theories , you are not a real
Hindu but you are a MUSLIM!

gitarthi

Oct 12, 2008, 10:04:43 AM10/12/08

You are writing non-sense. Nobody will be fooled by your assertions.
Quote references oin support of your contention if you have any.

The Deep

Oct 13, 2008, 1:26:48 AM10/13/08

Ah, the cycle begins :-)

You don't question "God-incarnated-as-a-coolie (formerly royalty)" about
anything. Doing so will get you a choice label - Muslim, Christian,
Gypsy, Parava, ... Just take the God-incarnated-as-a-coolie's word for
it. He has vast amounts of historical knowledge(all gleaned from the
National Enquirer) from times immemorial, and has peeked into bedrooms
of virtually all politicians from around the globe. He can speak more
than one tongue (including canine), and would like for you to address
him as MAMALLAVAN HIMSA VISHNU. However, if you are a Bengali or a
Malayalee, you get a pass, and you may address him as DIVINE SOLDIER OF
MAMALLAVAN HIMSA VISHNU. You'll figure all of this out after a few
exchanges with DSOMHV. However, you will need a cup or two of strong tea
(preferably using hand plucked leaves) to protect yourself from rabies.

Dinesh

mud...@sympatico.ca

Oct 13, 2008, 1:41:57 AM10/13/08
> Dinesh- Hide quoted text -

You are a cross breed and work for CHRISTIAN criminals. Your posts are
coming from WIKIPEDIA which always tell lies about HINDUS.

I asked you to provide the owners of WIKIPEDIA to which you work but
you were silent for few days when the FACT was exposed.

You cannot respect or accept truths because of the nature you were
born as a child in Islamic brothel.

Your birth defect create many outbursts against Indian Glories. All
the time you bark like silly dog! How much you get for barking against
Hindus from the CHURCH? You are a real cooli dog!

mud...@sympatico.ca

Oct 13, 2008, 1:42:32 AM10/13/08
> Quote references oin support of your contention if you have any.- Hide quoted text -

Can you tell who was Manu and his origins?
In India, Feroz Khan became Feroz Gandhi. Nawaz Khan's son cannot be
Feroz gandhi! This is a TWIST of Indian history of 70 years. M.
Karamchand Gandi was of Iranian origin!

So, tell me who is this Manu and why this man is unknown in South as
well as in East which carry the Ganges Valley civilization for
thousands of years?

The Deep

Oct 13, 2008, 1:57:17 AM10/13/08
mud...@sympatico.ca wrote:

> You are a cross breed and work for CHRISTIAN criminals. Your posts are
> coming from WIKIPEDIA which always tell lies about HINDUS.

Huh? Silly wanker, let go of your dick before you post. I post from the
wikipedia? Moron, I provided a couple of links from there, links that
contradicted your National Enquirer history. Anything that you would
consider as an authentic source, fuckwit? Yeah, I'll buy "history" from
a Sinhala-Tamil crossbred rabid racist. Walk upright, asshole.

> I asked you to provide the owners of WIKIPEDIA to which you work but
> you were silent for few days when the FACT was exposed.

Illiterate motherfucker, can't you find out some things for yourself?
Has everything got to be handed on a plate to you or is the asylum that
you're in prevent you from making a trip to library? Make the effort
rabid psycho. It might even prove cathartic in your case. Remember,
congenital rabies combined with mental disease is harder to cure.

> You cannot respect or accept truths because of the nature you were
> born as a child in Islamic brothel.

I asked you to provide proof that Karunanidhi is not your real father.
However, you have been silent about it since the FACT was exposed. Eat
that phony Pallava birth certificate he gave you. You were born in a PTC
bus, stupid.

> Your birth defect create many outbursts against Indian Glories. All
> the time you bark like silly dog! How much you get for barking against
> Hindus from the CHURCH? You are a real cooli dog!

Your mental defect and rabies create non-stop (and repetitious)
outbursts in upper and lower case letters. How much you get for barking?
Period.

Dinesh

mud...@sympatico.ca

Oct 13, 2008, 4:40:43 AM10/13/08

hahaha

Now you are crying like a stoned dog because of your connection with
the criminal WIKIPEDIA run by Christians and you are a cooli boy.

You must prove that Karunanithi is not your father because your mother
has close access to Karunanithi than Sri Lanka. Did you find your
father?I think it is hard to your mother to identify your father.

You are a mother fucking liar. Your posts are coming through
WIKIPEDIA. You think that you can fool the Hindus with your mother
fucking WIKIPEDIA!

Now you are on the run showing your stinky butts!