Validity of a Hindu Scripture on Muhammad

Milind Saraph

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

Anuart writes:

>1." ...will be a man circumcised, keeping beard, creating a
>revolution, announcing the prayer-call, eating all kinds of animal
>except swine.... they will be known as Musalman."
>[Bhavishya Puran/Shalokas 10-27]

>2. " A foreign spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His
>name will be Mohammad." [Maharisyi Vyasa/Bhavisya Puran/Prati Sarg
>Parv III:3,3,5-8]

This has popped again. Here is what I had posted sometime ago. There is
also "Allah Upanishad" which was probably composed in 15/16 century.

A long time ago a poster had made a similar claim. Here is an excerpt from
a response by Narayan S. Raja. He is quoting from "Historical and Cultural
Data from Bhavishya Purana" by Dr. Raj Arora, Sterling Publishers,
Delhi, 1972.

****

"The third Parvan contains historical material.
It begins with the accession on Manu to the
throne and ends with the mention of the
arrival of the British in India and the rule
of "Queen Victavati" (Victoria). The historical
material discussed in this part of the Purana is
vague and haphazard. [...deleted...]
Names of some Rajput kings have similarly been
added in a most casual way. The chapters dealing
with the fabricated myths of the births of
Sankaracharya, Madhava, Jayadeva, Kabir, Nanak,
Narsi and the references to Timur, Babur, Humayun,
Shershah, Akbar, Salem, Aurangzeb, Shivaji,
Mahadevaji Sindhia clearly prove that these
chapters were incorporated in the Purana from
time to time. The reference to English words like
"Sunday," "February," and "Sixty" in the Bhavishya
Purana, and to the coming of the British, their
factories in Calcutta, and to Queen Victoria also
show beyond doubt that these chapters or verses
belong to the 19th. century."

****

-- Milind Saraph

anu...@pc.jaring.my

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

An institution has provided the following translation of a Hindu
scripture to show that even in the Hindu has predicted the coming of
Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

The translation are as follows :-

1." ...will be a man circumcised, keeping beard, creating a
revolution, announcing the prayer-call, eating all kinds of animal
except swine.... they will be known as Musalman."
[Bhavishya Puran/Shalokas 10-27]

2. " A foreign spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His
name will be Mohammad." [Maharisyi Vyasa/Bhavisya Puran/Prati Sarg
Parv III:3,3,5-8]

Please feedback on the validity of the translation, only if you know
the scriptures.