Re: SNP drops plans to pardon witches

David Dalton

Nov 27, 2023, 7:23:50 PM11/27/23
On Nov 27, 2023, Ned wrote on alt.buddha.short.fat.guy
(in article<8260c2c6-796b-4c52...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Monday, November 27, 2023 at 1:27:57 PM UTC-8, Julian wrote:
> > Ding, dong, the bill is dead. Yes, that’s right: Holyrood’s
> > much-trumpeted plan to pardon witches has now been dropped by the SNP,
> > as the party desperately tries to conjure up something resembling a
> > governing agenda. Around 4,000 Scots accused of being witches were
> > tortured to gain their confessions and executed under the Witchcraft Act
> > between 1563 and 1736. Legislation to pardon them was introduced last
> > year by Natalie Don, a backbench nationalist...
>
> ---
> It has been estimated that tens of thousands of people were
> executed for witchcraft in Europe and the American colonies over
> several hundred years. The exact number is unknown, but modern
> conservative scholars estimate around 40,000–50,000.
> Scholar Carlo Ginzburg of the University of Bologna, in his work
> Night Battles, estimates the number between 3-4 million people.
> Common methods of execution for convicted witches were hanging,
> drowning and burning. Burning was often favored, particularly in
> Europe, as it was considered a more painful way to die. Prosecutors
> in the American colonies generally preferred hanging in cases of
> witchcraft.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_executed_for_witchcraft
> ---
>
> Hot stuff.
>
> Ned

After I read that I did a massive parallel soul alignment,
aligning each so executed who has not yet reincarnated
(and hence is either in the afterlife, and still could
reincarnate, or in the beyond afterlife) with a pentacle
pendant worldwide. (I have crossposted this to some
witchy newsgroups, and those on those groups may be
interested in other posts in the original thread on
alt.buddha.short.fat.guy .)

"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)