On The Tao….

Tisra Til

Apr 22, 2022, 11:33:37 AM4/22/22
Stanza Fifteen

The ancient ones who knew how to live
with the subtle essence of the universe
were gentle and flexible, profound and indistinguishable.
They were too deep to be known,
thus we can only describe their appearance.
They did not rush into anything,
as if fording an icy stream in early winter.
They were retiring and hesitant, not asserting,
as if they were shy of people.
They were reverent in demeanor to everyone,
as if meeting honored guests.
They did not insist on imposing their views on others
or interfering in worldly affairs,
as if they were passing travelers.
They adapted themselves to a circumstance
like melting ice.

Simple and genuine, they were like virgin timber.
Empty and receptive,
they were equally kind to all things;
like the water of a stream flowing
down a mountain, they benefited all things.
Who else could move constantly
from the gross and heavy, to the light and pure?
Who else could evolve steadily
from the inert and stagnant to everlasting life?

Those who hold fast to the subtle essence of the universe
do not desire to extend themselves in climax.
Because there is no climax to one’s extension and expansion,
life is continually renewing itself.

fife

Apr 22, 2022, 12:43:43 PM4/22/22
Yes.

Henosis Sage

Apr 22, 2022, 8:40:46 PM4/22/22
very nice.

Henosis Sage

Apr 22, 2022, 8:45:45 PM4/22/22
Yes? the ancient ones maybe, not you fifey. :-)

They were reverent in demeanor to everyone...
Simple and genuine...
they were equally kind to all things...

but i hope it doesn't sound like i'm pissing down everyone's neck ... lol

Tisra Til

Apr 22, 2022, 9:20:48 PM4/22/22
For the love of humanity, don’t make me have to intervene in this battle of titans. Zeus, throw away your bolts! Apollo. Put down that shovel! NOW!! You hear me!?

Wordplay. Ain’t it lovely? 🥰 🥰

Stop it Mike! We must maintain balance and civility in this life or death struggle of the ages.
Just DO IT!
Yes, my higher self. Whatever you say. (backing away in humble obeisance).

Tisra Til

Apr 22, 2022, 9:26:10 PM4/22/22
Sorry for finding humor at other people’s expense (keep backing away. remember “humble obeisance”. It’s all the rage.)

Or so I’ve heard. Haven’t actually witnessed it in person. But the night is young. 🤪 🤨

Tisra Til

Apr 22, 2022, 9:30:34 PM4/22/22
What was in that wine, anyway? I see heads looking up and away.

Henosis Sage

Apr 22, 2022, 9:56:55 PM4/22/22
:-)

The Tao is nonplussed.

Tisra Til

Apr 22, 2022, 10:04:28 PM4/22/22
So say you.
Simple Simon. 👅

Henosis Sage

Apr 22, 2022, 10:08:20 PM4/22/22
nonplussed as in unruffled by newsgroup disturbances or other matters.

Tisra Til

Apr 22, 2022, 10:58:16 PM4/22/22
Fair enough