Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies.

Henosis Sage

Apr 29, 2022, 12:22:17 AM4/29/22
By Alan Macleod from https://scheerpost.com/2022/04/28/online-censorship-of-ukraine-dissent-is-becoming-the-new-norm/

Mountain View, California – Google has sent a warning shot across the world, ominously informing media outlets, bloggers, and content creators that it will no longer tolerate certain opinions when it comes to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Earlier this month, Google AdSense sent a message to a myriad of publishers, including MintPress News, informing us that, “Due to the war in Ukraine, we will pause monetization of content that exploits, dismisses, or condones the war.” This content, it went on to say, “includes, but is not limited to, claims that imply victims are responsible for their own tragedy or similar instances of victim-blaming, such as claims that Ukraine is committing genocide or deliberately attacking its own citizens.”

This builds on a similar message Google’s subsidiary YouTube released last month, stating, “Our Community Guidelines prohibit content denying, minimizing or trivializing well-documented violent events. We are now removing content about Russia’s invasion in Ukraine that violates this policy.” YouTube went on to say that it had already permanently banned more than a thousand channels and 15,000 videos on these grounds.

Journalist and filmmaker Abby Martin was deeply troubled by the news. “It is really disturbing that this is the trend that we are on,”

[...]

In this light, then, Google’s message to creators about victim-blaming Ukraine or trivializing and condoning violence is a threat: toe the line or face the consequences. While we continue to consider tech monopolies such as Google, Twitter, and Facebook to be private companies, their overwhelming size and their increasing proximity to the national security state means that their actions are tantamount to state censorship.

While fake news – including that emanating from Russia – continues to be a genuine problem, these new actions have far less to do with combatting disinformation or denial of war crimes and far more to do with reestablishing elite control over the field of communication. These new rules will not be applied to corporate media downplaying or justifying U.S. aggression abroad, denying American war crimes, or blaming oppressed peoples – such as Palestinians or Yemenis – for their own condition, but instead will be used as excuses to derank, demote, delist or even delete voices critical of war and imperialism. In war, they say, truth is always the first casualty.

fife

Apr 29, 2022, 12:03:46 PM4/29/22
Belief is often the death of reason. And "true belief" is the certain death of it. It's all a battle for an army of belief and believers.

Henosis Sage

Apr 29, 2022, 8:40:29 PM4/29/22
On Saturday, 30 April 2022 at 02:03:46 UTC+10, fife wrote:

Get lost loser

fife

Apr 30, 2022, 10:53:25 AM4/30/22
On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 8:40:29 PM UTC-4, Henosis Sage wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 April 2022 at 02:03:46 UTC+10, fife wrote:
>
> Get lost loser

Yes, yes. Temperament. Another death of reason. Quite right. Actually, it's probably both of them together don't you think? Temperament and belief? That's what makes it all so impenetrable.

Henosis Sage

May 1, 2022, 2:24:59 AM5/1/22
It's all recorded Matt. People can see who and what you are as plain as day.

Henosis Sage

May 1, 2022, 2:37:35 AM5/1/22
PS just stay aware when reading anyones articles, especially if they by someone who seems to reflect your own values ideas beliefs etc.

in the middle they say :
"Other social media platforms have pursued similar policies. Twitter permanently suspended the account of former weapons inspector Scott Ritter over his comments on Bucha and journalist Pepe Escobar for his support for Russia’s invasion."

But that is not really true, or factual. When I checked the original sources ... as i have done about others like twitchell klemp marman and matt sharpe etc etc etc .... what it shows in this specific case was escobar being banned for calling for violence against , the death of others. in that sense he clearly was in breech of the twitter rules/standards.

sure while others might get away with such a high profile person like pepe will more likely be reported multiple times.

my point here however isn't about twitter it is about the article author MISREPRESENTING THE HARD CHECKABLE FACTS OF THE MATTER HERE .... Alan MacLeod got his facts and presumptuous conclusions (fault finding) quite wrong.

fake news is everywhere, comes from all sides and on about every topic. be it about ukraine, eckankar or the neverending false accusations against etznab and myself here. It's all the same stuff, same stare of consciousness, same psychic dramas.

Losers are everywhere, incompetence is supreme, compulsive liars lie all the time. it's a pathological thing. and a criminal thing when it become sustained malicious falsehoods ... that's more than typical immature trolling.

So yeah, check your facts, seek out original sources if at all possible and never believe proven liars. like that fife aka matt sharpe aka kinpa/kinpoop aka Gollum the dead fish fanatic.

Henosis Sage

May 1, 2022, 4:22:44 AM5/1/22
Shaped by Propaganda

Our entire civilization is shaped by domestic propaganda, but the only time you ever hear that word in mainstream discourse is when it’s used to discuss the comparatively almost nonexistent influence of Russian propaganda on our society.

All the mainstream alarm ringing about Russian propaganda gives the impression that it comprises close to 100 percent of the total propaganda that Westerners consume, when in reality it’s a tiny fraction of one percent of the total propaganda that westerners consume. Almost all of it comes from Western sources.

Propaganda is the single most overlooked and under-appreciated aspect of our society. It has far more influence over how the public thinks, acts and votes than any of our official mechanisms for doing so, yet it’s barely discussed, it isn’t taught in schools, and even the best political ideologies barely touch on it relative to their other areas of focus.

“Propaganda is the single most overlooked and under-appreciated aspect of our society.”

All the fretting about Russian propaganda from Establishment narrative managers comes so close to giving away their secret: that they know it’s possible to manipulate the way the public thinks, acts and votes using media. They just don’t admit that they’re the ones who are doing this.
https://consortiumnews.com/2022/04/28/caitlin-johnstone-being-anti-war-isnt-easy/

Tisra Til

May 1, 2022, 10:32:31 PM5/1/22
Propaganda and "public relations" has been known about in the U.S. for a long time. In fact a guy wrote a book about it, published in 1928. Edward Bernays. Was born in Austria. Sigmund Freud was his uncle.

I haven't read the book myself. Not sure how I happened upon it. But a person would have to be a seeker, an insider in public relations and media, or higher up in government to know the book even exists. Might be able to find it in a public library. Not something you would hear mentioned in any public institution of higher learning. Maybe in back rooms and dark alleys the professors might say what they really think. But in public view? I don't think so. Careers and $$$ on the line. That would require taking a risk.

Might call it social engineering. Or fascism. Take your pick.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_(book)
https://www.google.com/search?q=who+wrote+the+book+propaganda&biw=875&bih=403&sxsrf=ALiCzsY2_kEOdFA4UN2QspR1p179ZcF76g%3A1651273833460&ei=aXBsYqHAG-iqqtsPpJK4SA&oq=who+wrote+book+about+propaganda&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIGCAAQFhAeMgUIABCGAzIFCAAQhgM6BwgAEEcQsAM6BwgjEOoCECc6BAgjECc6BQgAEJECOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BAgAEEM6CwguEIAEELEDEIMBOggIABCxAxCDAToLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDOggILhCABBCxAzoLCC4QsQMQgwEQ1AI6BQgAEIAEOgQIABADOgUILhCABDoICAAQgAQQsQM6CAgAEBYQChAeOgUIIRCgAToICCEQFhAdEB5KBAhBGABKBAhGGABQxQ9Y12JggZsBaAJwAXgEgAGtAYgB_B6SAQUzNC4xMpgBAKABAbABCsgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Tisra Til

May 1, 2022, 10:47:32 PM5/1/22
And check this out:

"Who hired Edward Bernays?
Until the late 1920s, relatively few women smoked, and GEORGE WASHINGTON Hill, CEO of the American Tobacco Company, wanted to change that. He hired Bernays to help him promote his slogan “Reach for a Lucky instead of a sweet.”

Oh the irony. GEORGE WASHINGTON Hill. Named after the father of our country. Pushing cancer sticks for the ladies for a living. Man oh man oh man. What would uncle Sigmund say about this?
"You done good, Eddie my boy. You should be proud of yo self!"

Tisra Til

May 1, 2022, 11:07:02 PM5/1/22
On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 3:22:44 AM UTC-5, Henosis Sage wrote:
Found the book online. www.historyisaweapon.org/defcon1/bernprop.html

Tisra Til

May 1, 2022, 11:20:59 PM5/1/22
On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 9:32:31 PM UTC-5, Tisra Til wrote:
From the first chapter of the book. Written over 90 years ago. This says a mouthful.

"It might be better to have, instead of propaganda and special pleading, committees of wise men who would choose our rulers, dictate our conduct, private and public, and decide upon the best types of clothes for us to wear and the best kinds of food for us to eat. But we have chosen the opposite method, that of open competition. We must find a way to make free competition function with reasonable smoothness. To achieve this society has consented to permit free competition to be organized by leadership and propaganda.

Some of the phenomena of this process are criticized—the manipulation of news, the inflation of personality, and the general ballyhoo by which politicians and commercial products and social ideas are brought to the consciousness of the masses. The instruments by which public opinion is organized and focused may be misused. But such organization and focusing are necessary to orderly life.

As civilization has become more complex, and as the need for invisible government has been increasingly demonstrated, the technical means have been invented and developed by which opinion may be regimented."

Henosis Sage

May 2, 2022, 12:05:37 AM5/2/22
Yeah i am well aware of bernays. i've posted info about him here before. one was the doco century of the self which put him in perspective. cheers

Henosis Sage

May 2, 2022, 1:59:18 AM5/2/22
one comment goes

When I was in school (US, NY State, mid 1960’s), we were taught about propaganda and how to recognize and critique it. The classes were called “critical thinking skills” and they were part of the social studies curriculum. We were taught civics too. Both started in 5th grade or so. Even the math classes integrated “critical thinking skills” via word problems that involved basic data and statistics. In English class, we would diagnose NY Times stories for the nature of their arguments and the influence of propaganda.

All of that is now gone from US education – and gone for a long time. Those teachers would all be fired now.
https://consortiumnews.com/2022/04/28/caitlin-johnstone-being-anti-war-isnt-easy/

i dont recall that kind of edu here.

Tisra Til

May 2, 2022, 1:29:13 PM5/2/22
Hmmm. What grade were you in? I never took a class like that in grade school: 1-12. I read Brave New World in high school, which, I guess, is somewhat similar to how propaganda is spread through a culture, and Big Brother is in charge of what you are exposed to.

I liked the movie Fahrenheit 451, which I saw a long time ago. It impressed me at the time. Another dystopian view of the future controlled by Big Brother.

Henosis Sage

May 2, 2022, 10:28:57 PM5/2/22
that wasn't me but a quoted comment from the website article. i said "i dont recall that kind of edu here" ... like you, i never had a class like that. cheers

Tisra Til

May 2, 2022, 11:28:08 PM5/2/22
Oh, man. I’m sorry. Brain fart. I read your message and the article shortly after waking up, and missed the ‘one comment goes’ at the beginning of the message. I didn’t read the comments.
I wasn’t on all cylinders yet. That’s my excuse, anyway. 🥴

Henosis Sage

May 3, 2022, 5:41:55 AM5/3/22
hey that's ok. i can really relate :-)

Tisra Til

May 3, 2022, 12:57:29 PM5/3/22
So you've known about Bernays for a long time :-) Propaganda has played such a major role in religion and government. And how they are intertwined. A fascinating study in itself.

Henosis Sage

May 3, 2022, 11:00:17 PM5/3/22
TWITCHELL ONCE REFERRED TO ADVERTISING AS BLACK MAGIC. I TEND TO AGREE. PROPAGANDA IS FAR WORSE.

ooops sorry caps.

imho propaganda is a mass media version of outright fraud. be it twitchell's or the US security ops both are criminal pathological. but this has been around a very long time since civilisation arose and kings and rulers and their lackys appeared on the scene.

it all makes me sick to my stomach. but far worse than twitchell was what my socalled friends n "truth seeking" fellows in eckankar (and at school/work) said and did. worse still is what was done by the colonialists past and present. sickening uncivilised stuff. then lying about it all.

Henosis Sage

May 4, 2022, 1:24:41 AM5/4/22
another interesting article on propaganda and control.
https://scheerpost.com/2022/05/03/matt-taibbi-paypals-indymedia-wipeout/

useful refs to other reports. i think this is another example showing how screwed the world is today. socalled liberal democracy and the rule of law is dead imho. maybe it has always been so? cheers

Henosis Sage

May 4, 2022, 1:26:30 AM5/4/22
eg https://www.mintpressnews.com/ukraine-propaganda-war-international-pr-firms-dc-lobbyists-cia-cutouts/280012/

just being alt news doesn't automatically make them the truth tellers or reliable. but how they are being treated today is the real problem.

Tisra Til

May 7, 2022, 12:33:19 PM5/7/22
Oh yes, black magic abounds in advertising, music and movies. The PTB know how words and images, combined with sounds/music, can create a certain mood or state. In television, the creators of shows talk about PROGRAMMING. Double meaning.

The last 3 days I have been watching a new docu-series called Propaganda Exposed. Pretty interesting. It was created by someone who made a series of videos a few years ago called The Truth About Cancer. Many of his close relatives had died of cancer over a short period of time. It led him to research the cancer industry and history. A medical mafia. Criminals imo. Big Pharma is completely immune to prosecution from vaccine injuries. SMH

You might find this interesting. I watched it yesterday. It is from a group that is called Alfa Vedic. The creator was trained in traditional medicine, and over time saw things that made him question the status quo. This video is an interview with the author of a book called "Government" - The Biggest Scam In History.... Exposed! You probably know a lot of it already. The interview starts going around the 9 minute mark. The author is very clear and lucid. Amazing the amount of corruption out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP9xyYbWewU

https://go2.propaganda-exposed.com/docuseries/episode-3/