Day 219 of MY second bible Study Journey Part 2

The Doctor

Aug 7, 2022, 5:25:16 PM8/7/22
Day 218, 6 August 2022

2) Our Daily Bread for 7 August 2022
https://odb.org/CA/2022/08/07/strength-to-let-go
Entitled "Strength to Let Go"

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 (Ps 147:5; Ge 21:33; Isa 57:15) Have you not known?
Have you not heard,
that the everlasting God, the Lord,
the Creator of the ends of the earth,
does not faint, nor is He weary?
His understanding is inscrutable.
29 (Isa 41:10) He gives power to the faint,
and to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 (Isa 9:17) Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
and the young men shall utterly fall,
31 (2Co 4:16; Ps 103:5; Ex 19:4) but those who wait upon the Lord
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
and they shall walk and not faint.

[28] Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the
LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?
there is no searching of his understanding.
[29] He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he
increaseth strength.
[30] Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall
utterly fall:
[31] But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
shall walk, and not faint.

Once known as the World's Strongest Man, American weightlifter Paul Anderson
set a world record at the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne, Australia, despite a
severe inner-ear infection and a 103-degree fever. Falling behind
frontrunners, his only chance for a gold medal was to set a new Olympic
record in his last event. His first two attempts failed badly.

So, the burly athlete did what even the weakest among us can do. He called on
God for extra strength, letting go of his own. As he later said, "It wasn't
making a bargain. I needed help." With his final lift, he hoisted
413.5 pounds (187.5 kg) over his head.

Paul, the apostle of Christ, wrote, "When I am weak, then I am strong"
(2 Corinthians 12:10). Paul was speaking of spiritual strength, but he
knew that God's power was "made perfect in weakness" (v. 9).

As the prophet Isaiah declared, "He gives power to the faint,
and to those who have no might He increases strength." (Isaiah 40:29).

What was the path to such strength? Abiding in Jesus. "Apart from me you can
do nothing," He said (John 15:5). As weightlifter Anderson often said, "If the
strongest man in the world can't get through one day without the power of
Jesus Christ-where does that leave you?” To find out, we can release our
dependence on our own illusive strength, asking God for His strong
and prevailing help.

By: Patricia Raybon

Reflect & Pray

When you depend on God's strength, and not your own, what's the outcome?
How does abiding in Jesus give you strength?

All-powerful God, my life's burdens feel heavy and overwhelming,
but abiding in You gives me Your strength to carry on and overcome.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 7 Promises of Grace - Day 1 Hard Bargain

Mark 11:24

24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray,
believe that you will receive them, and you will have them.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray,
believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

"I've been praying." Jennifer declared confidently. " I told God I'd give him
a tithe of that $5000000 when I win the sweepstakes."
Her friend Cindi laughed. "Well, then, you don't have a chance. I told him
I'd give him half!"
Can we, as in Mark 11:24 seems to imply , pray for anything, absolutely
anything, and expect that the Lord will come through? Can we pray with
assurance for new cars, mink coats, or trips to the Caribbean? The verse
seems to be a troublesome one, especially when we try it and our prayers
aren't answered in the way we expected.
But seen in context, Mark 11:24 gives us a much broader picture of the
kind of prayer Jesus meant. The verse appears in the framework of
Jesus' ministry - cleansing the temple, correcting the Pharisees,
commanding forgiveness, discussing his authority. The condition for
the fulfillment of Mark 11:24, if Jesus' actions are any indication,
is fulfilling the will and purpose of God.
Such a condition for powerful prayers involves much more than attaching
am "If it be Thy will" clause onto the end of our prayers. We need to know
God's will and walk in it, seeking his kingdom first, and drawing close to
him. Then , as our hearts are right with him, what we ask in prayer
is likely to be congruent with the mind and purposes of Christ. We are
less likely to pray selfishly, and more likely to share God's priorities,
as we get to know him. And as we deepen in our knowledge of him,
as his will becomes our will, his promise for answered prayer takes
on new dimensions.

Application

a) What is the connection betweeen know God's will and praying effectively?

b) What changes need to take place in my life
so that I might pray with greater power?

c) What does it mean in practical terms to know that "Our God reigns"?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Luke 7:23

23 (Isa 8:14-15) "And Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me."

23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Guiding Presence

Matthew 28:16-20

The Commissioning of the Disciples

Mk 16:14-18; Lk 24:36-49; Jn 20:19-23; Ac 1:6-8

16 (Mt 28:7; 26:32)Then the eleven disciples went away to Galilee,
to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them.
17 (Mt 28:9) When they saw Him, they worshipped Him. But some doubted.
18 (Mt 11:27; Ro 14:9) Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying,
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
19 (Mk 16:15-16; Ac 1:8) Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit,
20 (Mt 18:20; Ac 2:42) teaching them to observe all things
I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always,
even to the end of the age." Amen.

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee,
into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name
of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

New Brunswick

Total population 753900
Muslim population (est.) 4543

Moncton, followed by Fredericton and Saint John, each have a growing Muslim
population in New Brunswick, In 2007, the building that was formerly a Baptist
church was converted into Moncton's 1st mosque. The University of Moncton
also has a Muslim student association hosting prayer services, fellowship
getherings, and outreaches on campus.
Fredericton also has one mosque and a Muslim student association serving the
campuses of the University of New Brunswick and St. Thomas University.
Fredericton's Muslim population consists in 2014 of about 50 families,
and between 300 to 400 university students.
Saint John is home to the 1st Muslim Association for the province,
which also helped foster the Islamic associations of Fredericton and Moncton.
a 'musalla', or prayer location that is not officially structured as a mosque,
has been established in the Uptown area with the intention of seeing it grow
into a 2nd official place of Muslim worship. Demand for this new location has
been primarily for university students moving into the area.

Pray for Muslims and New Brunswick
- that the eyes of pastors, believers and entire congregations will be opened
to see this growing body of Muslims, and their hearts will be opened
to sharing God's love in Jesus Christ with them

- that intentional ministries to Muslims will grow and flourish in these
areas of concentration

- that cooperative CNNMM Networks will form to really, encourage,
and equip believers to lovingly reach Muslims in this province.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

And

Thank you for praying through the
5 Days of Prayer for Sikhs.

"My name is Kam. I'm 29 years of age, and I grew up Sikh. As a teenager,
I struggled with depression, brokenness, and addiction to
cannabis. I didn't know how to stop or how to get help.

Then a friend invited me to church. As I spent time with Christians
and heard the message of the Gospel, I experienced the
love of Jesus Christ, and it was like nothing I'd known before.
One night I had a dream where I saw Him - a figure surrounded by
light who I knew was Jesus, the light of the world.

As I began to understand the gospel message, I encountered a reassuring and
confident solution to the problem of sin. I knew that I needed a solution
to my sin problem, and I gave my life to Christ.

Slowly, God began to heal my broken heart and my addiction.
Nine years have passed, and I am a devoted husband and a father
to two beautiful boys. I grow deeper in love with Jesus each day.

I ask you to continue praying with me, and others around the world, for Sikhs.
God is the only one who can draw people to Himself. He works in and through
the prayers of His people. I want Sikhs to know the freedom
and healing that is only available through Jesus Christ."

13 (Ro 14:17; 12:12) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy
and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope,
through the power of the Holy Spirit.

[13] Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that
ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

ROMANS 15:13

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...) .

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

7th Day of the Month

a) Pray that the Lord will be close to the brokenhearted in our society
and be their help

(
Ps 34:18 - The Lord is near to the broken-hearted,
and saves the contrite of spirit.

18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
And saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Ps 145: 14 - 16

14 The Lord upholds all who fall,
and raises up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all wait upon You,
and You give them their food in due season.
16 You open Your hand
and satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Samek
14 The LORD upholdeth all that fall,
And raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
ע Ain
15 The eyes of all wait upon thee;
And thou givest them their meat in due season.
פ Pe
16 Thou openest thine hand,
And satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

)

b) Pray for the staff and volunteers that serve in local churches in your
city or community, that the Lord will anoint them for effective service.
(

Romans 12:4-8

4 (1Co 12:12-14)For just as we have many parts in one body,
and not all parts have the same function,
5(1Co 10:17; 12:20)so we, being many, are one body in Christ,
and all are parts of one another.
6(Ac 13:1; 1Co 13:2)We have diverse gifts according to the grace that
is given to us: if prophecy, according to the proportion of faith;
7 (Ac 13:1; Eph 4:11)if service, in serving; he who teaches, in teaching;
8 (2Co 9:7; 1Co 12:28) he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with
generosity; he who rules, with diligence;
he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

4 For as we have many members in one body,
and all members have not the same office:
5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ,
and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that
is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according
to the proportion of faith;
7 or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth,
on teaching;
8 or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let
him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence;
he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Col 3:17

17(1Co 10:31; Eph 5:20)And whatever you do in word or deed,
do all in the name
of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name
of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

)

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to know your place in His Body.

Pray to the Lord and pray for righteousness around you.

Pray to the Lord: "All-powerful God, my life's burdens feel heavy
and overwhelming, but abiding in You gives me Your strength to carry on
and overcome."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be an effective prayer warrior.

Pray to the Lord and pray not be an offence in the Lord.

Pray to the Lord and pray to seek His authority in all things.

[...]

Pray that laws designed to restrict churches in Nepal will not be approved.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Fear and desire make for poor rulers. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com