Day 328 of My Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Nov 24, 2021, 6:29:41 PM11/24/21
Day 328, 24 November 2021

1)

Acts 17

The Uproar in Thessalonica

1 (Php 4:16; 1Th 1:1) When they had traveled through Amphipolis
and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was
a synagogue of the Jews.
2 (Ac 9:20; Lk 4:16) According to his custom, Paul went in,
and on three Sabbaths he lectured to them from the Scriptures,
3 (Ac 9:22; 18:28) explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer
and to rise from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus, whom I preach to you,
is the Christ."
4 (Ac 14:4; 15:22) Some of them were persuaded and joined with Paul and Silas,
including a great crowd of devout Greeks and many leading women.
5 (Ac 17:13; Ro 16:21) But the Jews who did not believe became jealous
and, taking some evil men from the marketplace, gathered a crowd,
stirred up the city, and attacked the house of Jason,
trying to bring them out to the mob.
6 (Ac 24:5; 28:22) But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason
and some brothers to the city officials, crying out, "These men who have
turned the world upside down have come here also,
7 (Lk 23:2; Jn 19:12) and Jason has received them. They are all acting
contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus."
8 They troubled the crowd and the city officials
when they heard these things.
9 When they had taken a bail payment from Jason and the rest,
they released them.

The Apostles in Berea

10 (Ac 17:13-14; 20:4) The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas
away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into
the synagogue of the Jews.
11 (Jn 5:39; Isa 34:16) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica,
for they received the word with all eagerness,
daily examining the Scriptures, to find out if these things were so.
12 (Ac 13:50) Therefore many of them believed,
including honorable Greek women and many Greek men.
13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica learned that the word of God
was preached by Paul at Berea, they came there also, stirring up the crowds.
14 (Ac 17:10; Mt 10:23) The brothers immediately sent Paul away to the sea.
But Silas and Timothy remained there.
15 (Ac 18:1; 18:5) Those who escorted Paul brought him to Athens
and departed with instructions for Silas and Timothy to come to him quickly.

Paul in Athens

16 While Paul waited for them in Athens, his spirit was provoked within him
as he saw that the city was full of idols.
17 Therefore he disputed in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout
persons, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to there.
18 (Ac 4:2) Then some of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers encountered him.
And some said, "What will this babbler say?" Others said,
"He seems to be a proclaimer of foreign gods,"
because he preached Jesus and the resurrection to them.
19 (Mk 1:27; Ac 17:22) They took hold of him and led him to the Areopagus,
saying, "May we know what this new doctrine is of which you speak?
20 (Hos 8:12; 1Pe 4:4) For you are bringing strange things to our ears.
Therefore we want to know what these things mean."
21 For all the Athenians and foreigners who lived there spent their time
in nothing else, but either telling or hearing something new.
22 (Ac 25:19) Then Paul stood in the middle of the Areopagus, and said:
"Men of Athens, I ­perceive that in all things you are very religious.
23 (Jn 4:22; Ac 17:30) For as I passed by and looked up at your objects
of worship, I found an altar with this inscription:
TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.
Whom you therefore unknowingly worship, Him I proclaim to you.
24 (Mt 11:25; Ac 7:48) "God who made the world and all things in it,
being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by hands.
25 (Job 22:2; Ge 2:7) Nor is He served by men's hands,
as though He needed anything, since He gives all men life and breath
and all things.
26 (Mal 2:10; Ge 3:20) He has made from one blood every nation of men
to live on the entire face of the earth, having appointed fixed times
and the boundaries of their habitation,
27 (Ac 14:17; Jer 23:23-24) that they should seek the Lord so perhaps
they might reach for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each
one of us.
28 (Job 12:10; Da 5:23) 'For in Him we live and move and have our being.'
As some of your own poets have said, 'We are His offspring.'
29 "Therefore since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to suppose
that the Deity is like gold or silver or stone or an engraved work of art
or an image of the reflection of man.
30 (Lk 24:47; Ac 14:16) God overlooked the times of ignorance,
but now He commands all men everywhere to repent.
31 (Ps 9:8; 96:13) For He has appointed a day on which He will judge
the world in righteousness by a Man whom He has appointed,
having given assurance of this to all men by raising Him from the dead."
32 (Ac 17:18; 2:13) When they heard of the resurrection of the dead,
some scoffed. But others said, "We will hear you again concerning this matter."
33 So Paul departed from them.
34 (Ac 17:19; 17:22) However, some men joined him and believed.
Among them were Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris,
and others with them.

2) Our Daily Bread for 24 November 2021
https://odb.org/CA/2021/11/24/hey-soul
entitled The Will of God

Psalm 62

Psalms 62

For the Music Director. According to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.

1 My soul waits in silence on God alone;
from Him comes my salvation.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my refuge; I will not be greatly shaken.
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) How long will you attack a man,
to batter him, all of you,
as you would a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) They only conspire to cast him down
from his high position;
they delight in lies,
they bless with their mouth,
but they curse inwardly. Selah
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) My soul, wait silently for God,
for my hope is from Him.
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my refuge; I will not be moved.
7 (Ps 88:7; Jnh 2:3) In God is my salvation and my glory;
the rock of my strength, and my shelter, is in God.
8 (Job 35:10; Ps 63:6) Trust in Him at all times;
you people, pour out your heart before Him;
God is a shelter for us. Selah
9 (Ps 38:6; 18:2) Surely people of low degree are a breath,
and men of high degree are a lie;
if they are placed in the balance,
they are altogether lighter than vapor.
10 (Ps 42:3; Joel 2:17) Do not trust in oppression,
and do not become vain in robbery;
if riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.
11 (Ps 42:5; 43:5) God has spoken once,
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God.
12 Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy;
for You render to each one
according to his work.

God's will is sometimes hard to follow. He asks us to do the right things.
He calls us to endure hardship without complaining; to love awkward people;
to heed the voice inside us that says, You mustn't; to take steps we'd
rather not take. So, we must tell our souls all day long:
"Hey soul, listen up. Be silent: Do what Jesus is asking you to do."

"My soul waits in silence for God alone" (Psalm 62:1 nasb).
"My soul, wait in silence for God alone" (62:5 nasb). The verses are similar,
but different. David says something about his soul; then says something
to his soul. "Waits in silence" addresses a decision,
a settled state of mind. "Wait in silence" is David stirring
his soul to remember that decision.

David determines to live in silence-quiet submission to God's will.
This is our calling as well, the thing for which we were created.
We'll be at peace when we've agreed:
"Not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42). This is our first
and highest calling when we make Him Lord and the source
of our deepest pleasure. "I desire to do your will,"
the psalmist said (Psalm 40:8).

We must always ask for God's help, of course,
for our "hope comes from him" (62:5). When we ask for His help,
He delivers it. God never asks us to do anything He won't or can't do.

By: David H. Roper

Reflect & Pray

When have you thought God's will for you was difficult?
How can you live in quiet submission?

I may not always understand Your will, Father,
but I ask for help to submit to it.
Teach me to trust Your good and faithful character.
Please give me a submissive heart.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 2 - Saved by Grace - Day 4 - Entire Forgiveness
Acts 13:38

38 (Lk 24:47; Ac 2:38) "Therefore, brothers, let it be known
to you that through this Man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you,"

At age 17 Mary, a cross-country runner, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
She went on to college, faced with the prospect of gradual physical decline
and, ultimately, life in a wheelchair. "The worst part," Mary admitted "is
not the pain or the inability to do what I once did. The worst part is
the hopelessness, the emotional struggle. There is no cure, no real
treatment - only insurance."
In our fallen world, there are many incurable circumstances we have to endure.
But the guilt of our sin is not one of them. Yet despite the declaration
of the Scripture that Jesus' sacrificial death paid the price for our sins,
many of us carry a load of guilt - as if we ourselves had tp pay the price.
Paul, a man who know the grace of God and the depth of his own sin,
emphasises the source and the completeness of our forgiveness.
Through Jesus - not through my good behaviour, not through my determination to
change, not through my reputation, my family's faith, or my religious duties.
Forgiveness of sins come through Christ alone, a gift we do not deserve,
a gift which places all of us on equal ground at the foot of the cross.
To acknowledge our sin without knowing the source of forgiveness only
results in hopelessness and despair - we see ourselves, yet we are powerless
to change the sin we see. But when we realise that Christ has provided
complete forgiveness of sin, we can face our sin honestly, knowing
the freedom of confession and the restoration of forgiveness.

Application

a) In what ways have I changed myself, to "torn over a new leaf",
to "make myself worthy" of God's love?

b) How can Acts 13:18 help me remember the source of forgiveness?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Gen 26:12-14

12 (Ge 26:3; 24:1) Then Isaac sowed in that land
and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; the Lord blessed him.
13 The man became rich and continued to prosper until he became very wealthy.
14 (Ge 37:11; Ecc 4:4) For he had possessions of flocks and herds
and a great number of servants so that the Philistines envied him.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Unfailing Love

Ps 36:5-9

5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens,
and Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) Your righteousness is like the great mountains,
Your judgments like the great deep;
O Lord, You preserve man and beast.
7 (Ps 88:7; Jnh 2:3) How excellent is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore mankind seeks refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
8 (Job 35:10; Ps 63:6) They will drink their fill
from the abundance of Your house,
and You will cause them to drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 (Ps 38:6; 18:2) For with You is the fountain of life;
in Your light we see light.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...) .

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 24 of the Month

a) Pray that the Lord will open a door for the message for the Gospel
at every level of Canadian Society. (

Col 4:3

3 while praying also for us, that God would open to
us a door of utterance to speak the mystery of Christ,
for which I am also in chains,

)

b) Pray for the Province of Saskatchewan

I) Pray for the leaders of Saskatchewan,
that God's Spirit would influence
then to act justly,
serve with integrity
and honour high moral standards. ( 1 Tim 2:1 - 4

1 Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone,
2 (Ezr 6:10) for kings and for all who are in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty,
3(1Ti 1:1; Lk 1:47) for this is good
and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4 (Eze 18:23; 18:32)who desires all men to be saved
and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

II) Pray for the churches of the province,
that they would be lighthouses
beaming forth the illuminating truth of God's Word.

III) Pray that the Lord would use
the Finding the Hope Campaign
and booklet to turn many hearts to Jesus

)

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to be an effective witness for christ
in making followers and disciples.

Pray to the Lord "I may not always understand Your will, Father,
but I ask for help to submit to it.
Teach me to trust Your good and faithful character.
Please give me a submissive heart."

Pray to the Lord and thank Him that He is the complete source of forgiveness.

Pray to the Lord and thank Him for all the blessings he gives you.

Pray to the Lord and thank Him for His abundant life.

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Pray that the Lord will open a door for the message for the Gospel
at every level of Canadian Society.

Pray for greater access to God's word through translations reaching
every tribal group in Afghanistan.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
Merry Christmas 2021 and Happy New Year 2022 Beware https://mindspring.com