Re: US could have averted 40% of Covid deaths, says panel examining Trump's policies

1 view

Anonymous

Aug 19, 2021, 10:10:59 PM8/19/21
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> The US could have averted 40% of the deaths from Covid-19, had the country’s
> death rates corresponded with the rates in other high-income G7 countries,
> according to a Lancet commission tasked with assessing Donald Trump’s health
> policy record.
>
> Almost 470,000 Americans have died from the coronavirus so far, with the number
> widely expected to go above half a million in the next few weeks [story was
> published in February]. At the same time some 27 million people in the US have
> been infected. Both figures are by far the highest in the world.
>
> In seeking to respond to the pandemic, Trump has been widely condemned for not
> taking the pandemic seriously enough soon enough, spreading conspiracy theories,
> not encouraging mask wearing and undermining scientists and others seeking to
> combat the virus’s spread.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/10/us-coronavirus-response-donald-trump-health-policy
>

> We know that Trump's handling of the pandemic was an utter debacle.
>
> What are the odds that Hartung again plaintively bleats "what could Trump have
> done differently?"

So, as according to the article, we needed socialized medicine
for the past 20 years?

Scout

Aug 20, 2021, 7:55:14 AM8/20/21

> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> The US could have averted 40% of the deaths from Covid-19, had the
>> country’s
>> death rates corresponded with the rates in other high-income G7
>> countries,
>> according to a Lancet commission tasked with assessing Donald Trump’s
>> health
>> policy record.

Well, maybe if we reported Covid-19 deaths in the same manner the other
high-income G7 countries did we wouldn't have the inflated numbers we do.

After all, the CDC's guidelines for reporting a Covid related death were so
broad and sweeping that virtually many ME could list any death by any means
as Covid related.

Per the CDC that's anyone that has, had, could have had or may have been
exposed to anyone that might have had Covid, or which displayed any symptom
that could be attributed to Covid whether they were tested for Covid or not
including anyone that was asymptomatic.

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 8:21:32 AM8/20/21
How does our procedure differ from those of other countries?

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 10:15:31 AM8/20/21
On 8/20/21 8:59 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:

>> Well, maybe if we reported Covid-19 deaths in the same manner the
>> other high-income G7 countries did we wouldn't have the inflated
>> numbers we do.
>
> There is no over-reporting of COVID deaths, scooter.

Your basis for this opinion?

BeamMeUpScotty

Aug 20, 2021, 10:24:46 AM8/20/21
https://youtu.be/eFCzoXhNM6c?t=22
They should have indicted NANCY PILOSI for her crimes before it came to
these virus spreading medical advise spots that is clearly unqualified
to deliver since she isn't a DEMOCRAT DOCTOR and is a FAKE DOCTOR giving
FAKE diagnosis to people who would later die from the virus.

--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you. Make them prove it with
actual verifiable facts and science. And if you didn't find the
duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you then you didn't
dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the Marxist-Democrat plan that
says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have a lack of transparency and
then lie about everything".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
246 - Democrats want FREE COLLEGE for everyone... so what will the
graduates do when they graduate into the Democrat's economy and they
can't get a job to use that education and the Democrat's regulations
prevent them from starting their own business? Looks like they will be
the most educated generation of *FOOD* *STAMP* recipients in history.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Aug 20, 2021, 10:43:09 AM8/20/21
On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 06:59:24 -0700, Rudy Canoza <j...@phendrie.con>
wrote:

>> Well, maybe if we reported Covid-19 deaths in the same manner the other
>> high-income G7 countries did we wouldn't have the inflated numbers we do.
>
>There is no over-reporting of COVID deaths, scooter.

Yeah, there is, dwarf.

Siri Cruise

Aug 20, 2021, 11:00:28 AM8/20/21
In article <Kpadne8bUMtmJYL8...@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <d_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote:

What could've helped is national leadership aimed getting
everyone on board for a difficult moment with the best possible
practices. That would have reduced infections before a vaccine,
distributed the vaccine among everyone, and gotten people taking
the vaccine.

Instead we got partisan hacks who delighted at the idea the
plague would kill their political enemies. And decided telling
the truth as best known would harm chances at reelection so trith
had to be suppressed. That's what killed so many people
needlessly and continues to kill children.

Fuck you and your pagan god Moloch.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Scout

Aug 20, 2021, 11:15:39 AM8/20/21

"David Hartung" <d_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Other countries required Covid to actually have been a factor in causing the
death, either as directly causing the death or as a direct major
contributing factor to causing the death. No taking someone who got over
Covid-19 and then claiming it was a Covid-19 related death because of head
injuries caused by an auto accident 3 months later.

Scout

Aug 20, 2021, 11:21:11 AM8/20/21

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:5rfvhg5a6emp30kdv...@4ax.com...
Yep, the CDC guideline for reporting Covid-19 related deaths was so broad as
to potentially include anyone.

Per the CDC website that was anyone that has, had, could have had or
may have been exposed to anyone that might have had Covid, or which
displayed any symptom that could be attributed to Covid whether they were
tested for Covid or not including anyone that was asymptomatic.

Fall down the stairs - Covid Related death.
Die in an auto accident - Covid related death
Die of a drug overdose - Covid related death

Further it's no longer even possible to separate out those deaths actually
attributable to Covid and all those deaths were covid may or may not have
been present but had NOTHING to do with the person's death.

a322x1n

Aug 20, 2021, 11:30:27 AM8/20/21
"Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote in
Pure, lying, disinformation. You have no idea what you're
talking about, "Scout".

Trump caused over 600,000 deaths from COVID-19 that shouldn't have
happened. It's probably a _lot_ more than that.

Siri Cruise

Aug 20, 2021, 11:51:58 AM8/20/21
In article <sfoh95$8pl$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

> Yep, the CDC guideline for reporting Covid-19 related deaths was so broad as
> to potentially include anyone.

Count them. Covid knows those that are its own.

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 12:10:48 PM8/20/21
On 8/20/21 10:16 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> So does the U.S., scooter.
>
> You don't know what you're bullshitting about.

Given the fact that you do not know half what you believe that you know,
why should we believe you?

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 12:16:23 PM8/20/21
On 8/20/21 9:42 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> Your basis for this statement of fact?
>
> "Debunking the False Claim That COVID Death Counts Are Inflated"
> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/debunking-the-false-claim-that-covid-death-counts-are-inflated1/

A good article, thank you.

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 12:17:44 PM8/20/21
Rudy posted a pretty good article supporting his claim, have you like
support?

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 2:08:53 PM8/20/21
On 8/20/21 11:53 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Das mädchen kleine kläuschen doesn't "do" support for claims.  She
> doesn't believe in it.

Normally you do not either.

David Hartung

Aug 20, 2021, 2:29:34 PM8/20/21
On 8/20/21 11:50 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Why do I always have to spoon feed you the facts?

You very rarely deal in fact, this is an exception.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Aug 20, 2021, 2:51:54 PM8/20/21
On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:27:09 -0700, Rudy Canoza <j...@phendrie.con>
wrote:

>On 8/20/2021 8:20 AM, Scout wrote:
>>

>> "Klaus  Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:5rfvhg5a6emp30kdv...@4ax.com...

>>> Yeah, there is,
>
>No, there is not.

Yeah, there is, dwarf.

Scout

Aug 20, 2021, 3:13:11 PM8/20/21

"David Hartung" <d_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Yep but if you look at the number of addition cases... and the number of
Covid related deaths you will find a vast disparity.

Now... one would tend to think that without Covid, the normal trends would
continue, and thus any additional deaths would be due to Covid.

Except if you look at the number of the increase shown, and the number of
deaths attributed to covid-19 you find a rather drastic disparity between
them.

Here is a story from Sept 3, 2020 how the COVID related deaths were expected
to top 200,000 by the end of the month, and further down you will find that
the count of COVID related deaths stands at 183,000

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-09-03/cdc-us-coronavirus-death-toll-to-top-200-000-by-sept-26

Now... look at the chart in Rudy's cite for the chart which shows the Deaths
per 100,000 population.

We have a line just below 1,000 per 100,000 population so let's call it 950.
Midway between 1,000 and 500 we have another line, that's 750

If we look at the point for 2019 we are about half way between those lines
or around 850 per 100,000 population. The increase at it's peak in September
is an addition 100 people per 100,000 population per year (but we're only
looking at 2/3 of a year)

US population is a bit under 330 Million or about 3,300 groups of 100,000.
Multiple by the extra 100 people who died per year (this is using the shown
peak in September of 2020, rather considering the slope so the result will
be far higher than actual).

3,300 * 100 = 33,000 deaths per year (or about 22,000 as of September)

Yet, according to the paper the death toll already stands at 183,000 people

183,000 vs 22,000 people..

that's EIGHT TIMES MORE THAN THE CHANGE IN THE DEATH TOLL INDICATES.

I can hear you now, but some of those who died were the results of
complications with Covid... which would mean that we could expect those who
would have lived longer to suddenly die sooner due to Covid, right, and thus
would already show up in the peak represented by Rudy's cite.

The fact remains that the number of extra people who died during that period
is FAR below the claims of how many died of Covid.

IOW, a lot of people who died from the usual things... were falsely
attributed to dying from Covid.

Please note. I only used Rudy's source and the first link that showed the
Covid death toll around the beginning of September.

I didn't have to do any real hunting to get numbers that agreed with me...
just the reported Covid deaths as reported in the news... and Rudy's OWN
source. to produce a disparity of over 800% which if ANYTHING is
understating the case such I used the PEAK value rather than calculating the
area under the curve.

IOW, my approach assumed the WORSE rate for the entire period between
Jan-Sept 2020. In fact in every case I errored in Rudy's favor.

So, if Covid was so deadly... it apparently didn't make itself known in
RUDY'S OWN DATA.

183,000 covid related deaths as reported by the media vs Rudy's source which
indicates at most 22,000.

But feel free to look at the change in death rate and the number of deaths
attributed to covid and see if you can come anywhere even close to making
them match.....

It remains that Covid related deaths counted a lot of deaths that had
nothing to do with having, had, or being exposed to Covid.

Text-Drivers R Killers

Aug 21, 2021, 12:26:47 PM8/21/21
We've got the best system. That's why it killed 600,000 Americans

Text-Drivers R Killers

Aug 21, 2021, 10:22:26 PM8/21/21

Text-Drivers R Killers

Aug 22, 2021, 9:10:49 AM8/22/21