Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

On Humility in the Sight of God [II]

Visto 0 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

weedy

no leída,
6 jul 2022, 3:46:266/7/22
On Humility in the Sight of God [II]

It is Thy love that achieves this, freely guiding and supporting me in
my many needs, guarding me from grievous perils, and, as I may
truthfully confess, rescuing me from evils without number. And whereas
by perverse self-love I had lost myself,(John 12:25) now by lovingly
seeking Thee alone, I have found both myself and Thee; for by that
love I have humbled myself to utter nothingness. Dearest Lord, You
deal with me above my deserts, and above all I dare hope or pray for.
--Thomas à Kempis --Imitation of Christ Bk 3, Ch 8

<<>><<>><<>>
6 July – Saint Dominica of Campania

(c 287-303) Virgin Martyr. Born in c 287 in Tropea, Calabria, Italy
and died in the first attempt by being thrown to wild animals who
refused to harm her. Thereafter, she was beheaded on 6 July 303,
making her between 15 and 16 years old.

Patronages – Camaldoli, Italy, Caraffa di Catanzaro, Italy, Mandanici,
Italy, Scorrano, Italy, Torre di Ruggiero, Italy, Tremestieri, Italy,
Tropea, Italy, in Nicomedia, Bithynia (in modern Turkey). Also known
as – Dominica of Tropea, Ciriaca.

The Roman Martyrology states of her today: “In Campania, St Dominica,
Virgin and Martyr, in the time of the Emperor Diocletian. For having
destroyed idols, she was condemned to the beasts but being uninjured
by them. she was beheaded and departed for Heaven. Her body is kept
with great veneration at Tropea, in Calabria.”

Almost nothing more is known of Dominica except that she was the
daughter of Christian parents, Doroteo and Arsenia.

https://anastpaul.com/2021/07/06/

A Ladder Ascending to God

“Let us lower our eyes and observe the world around us.
Here again, everything speaks to us of God, for everything is a
reflection of His power and goodness.
From the tiny flowers which opens its perfumed petals to the dawn and
closes them again to the sunset, as if in an an act of self-effacement
before its Creator,
to the pines and cedars of the forest, all nature seems to send up a
hymn of praise and thanksgiving to God.
We are surrounded by marvels but the greatest of them all is man, the
lord of the universe.
The beauty and order which we admire in creatures are concentrated in
him; the eye, the ear and the tongue are among the extraordinary gifts
which his body has received from God.
But, when we pass from the body to the soul, that spiritual flame
which God has kindled in us, we have reached an object of wonder, far
surpassing the splendour of material things.
A mind which is capable of thought and reasoning and a heart which is
capable of love, belong, not merely to this world but are a living
image of our Creator.
It is for Him, therefore, that the intellect should function; it is
He, that the heart should love!”
by Antonio Cardinal Bacci

PART ONE HERE:
https://anastpaul.com/category/open-house-conversations-with/meditations-antonio-card-bacci/

“And seeing the multitudes, he had compassion on them because they
were distressed and living like sheep without a shepherd.” – Matthew
9:36

Saint Quote:
Remember the sufferings of Christ, the storms that were weathered...
the crown that came from those sufferings which gave new radiance to
the faith... All saints give testimony to the truth that without real
effort, no one ever wins the crown.
-- Saint Thomas Becket

Bible Quote:
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers
of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from
the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his
dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the
forgiveness of sins: (Col. 1:12:14)

<><><><>
Saint Anthony, Martyr of Desire

Dear St. Anthony, you became a Franciscan with the hope of
shedding your blood for Christ. In God's plan for you, your
thirst for martyrdom was never to be satisfied. St. Anthony,
Martyr of Desire, pray that I may become less afraid to stand
up and be counted as a follower of the Lord Jesus. Intercede
also for my other intentions. (Name them.)
0 mensajes nuevos