Fasting is a medicine

Unknown

Nov 26, 2021, 10:15:02 AM11/26/21
"Fasting is a medicine. But medicine, as beneficial as it is, becomes
useless because of the inexperience of the user. He has to know the
appropriate time that the medicine should be taken and the right amount of
medicine and the condition of the body which is to take it, the weather
conditions and the season of the year and the appropriate diet of the sick
and many other things. If any of these things are overlooked, the medicine
will do more harm than good. So, if one who is going to heal the body needs
so much accuracy, when we care for the soul and are concerned about healing
it from bad thoughts, it is necessary to examine and observe everything
with every possible detail."

St. John Chrysostom, On Fasting.

"Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You
will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory."
Psalm73:23-24

Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you.