For he who fasts pleases God because he has the strength

Unknown

Dec 8, 2021, 9:45:02 AM12/8/21
"For he who fasts pleases God because he has the strength to endure the
fatigue of the fast and he that eats also pleases God because nothing of
this sort can harm the salvation of his soul, as long as he does not want
it to. Because our philanthropic God showed us so many ways by which we
can, if we desire, take part in God's power that it is impossible to
mention them all."

St. John Chrysostom, On Fasting.

"???And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the
body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you
whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast
into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!" Luke 12:4-5

Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you.