Today's scripture reading & brief commentary; audio november 29

Unknown

Nov 29, 2021, 9:30:03 AM11/29/21

The daily epistle and gospel scripture with brief commentary.

https://media.ancientfaith.com/thepath/ThePath_2021-11-29.mp3

Unknown

Dec 1, 2021, 11:20:03 AM12/1/21
"If you cannot go without eating all day because of an ailment of the body,
beloved one, no logical man will be able to criticize you for that.
Besides, we have a Lord who is meek and loving (philanthropic) and who does
not ask for anything beyond our power. Because he neither requires the
abstinence from foods, neither that the fast take place for the simple sake
of fasting, neither is its aim that we remain with empty stomachs, but that
we fast to offer our entire selves to the dedication of spiritual things,
having distanced ourselves from secular things."

St. John Chrysostom, On Fasting.

"There are many who say, ???Who will show us any good???? Lord, lift up the
light of Your countenance upon us. You have put gladness in my heart, More
than in the season that their grain and wine increased." Psalm 4:6-7

Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you.