Re: Praying In The Spirit

1 view

P+Barker

Sep 7, 2021, 5:41:26 PM9/7/21
On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 06:20:39 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 6, 2021, Maverick wrote
>(in article<3vacjgh3s967q7ehi...@4ax.com>):
>
>> [In solitude] we communicate with Him
>> alone, without words, without discursive
>> thoughts, in the silence of our whole
>> being.
>> --Thomas Merton (1915-1968)
>> _No Man Is An Island_ [1955];
>> Chapter 16, Section 3
>
>Without words? That is called thoughts, desires, etc. Not prayer in the
>spirit.

according to the prophet wannabe robt.
You can't go around telling people how to pray.
Stop it.

Silence and Peace

Sep 7, 2021, 7:37:38 PM9/7/21
On 9/7/2021 6:12 PM, Robert wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2021, P+Barker wrote
> (in article<r2nfjg1tmf2k65h7c...@4ax.com>):
> I posted what God said was prayer in the spirit.

No...you posted what a man thought that it was, not God. Tongues is
not praying in the spirit.

I find it more pleasant than verbal prayer, much more comforting and
peaceful and filled with love, the very Presence of God.

> Read it.

Silence and Peace

Sep 7, 2021, 9:54:20 PM9/7/21
On 9/7/2021 8:33 PM, Robert wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2021, Silence and Peace wrote
> (in article <sh8t40$2ie$1...@dont-email.me>):
>
>> On 9/7/2021 6:12 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> On Sep 7, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>>> (in article<r2nfjg1tmf2k65h7c...@4ax.com>):

>>> I posted what God said was prayer in the spirit.
>>
>> No...you posted what a man thought that it was, not God. Tongues is
>> not praying in the spirit.
>
> I am truly sorry that you do not consider the Word of God any more meaningful
> that the words of men posted on the Usenet, as you would have nothing to
> support Faith when we are subject to the whims of men.

Well I'm truly sorry that you are unable to tell the difference
between the Word of God and the claims of men.

P+Barker

Sep 8, 2021, 7:40:13 AM9/8/21
On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 18:25:39 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 7, 2021, Ollie Smth wrote
>(in article<7f6b2459-6f2e-43ce...@googlegroups.com>):

>> It's probably informed by Romans 8:26ff, where the depth of His love leaves
>> us speechless.
>
>Here it is the Holy Spirit that intercedes for us, not because his love
>leaves us speechless.
>Why? Because we know not how we should pray, IOW's at a loss for words, even
>thoughts, which is why one groans and moans from the depth of the heart as if
>one were in deep urgency or pain.

Stpop being a troll.
Why are you arguing?
You claim you can conversate with God.
And now you are telling us how to pray?
How do you conversate with yer little god?
Perhaps you could tape one of these sessions for the whole class.

Maverick

Sep 8, 2021, 12:05:22 PM9/8/21
On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 06:20:39 -0700, Robert wrote in message:
<sh7ov7$uhb$1...@dont-email.me>:

>On Mon, 06 Sep 2021 08:10:58 -0800, Maverick wrote in message:
><3vacjgh3s967q7ehi...@4ax.com>:
>
>> [In solitude] we communicate with Him
>> alone, without words, without discursive
>> thoughts, in the silence of our whole
>> being.
>> --Thomas Merton (1915-1968)
>> _No Man Is An Island_ [1955];
>> Chapter 16, Section 3
>>

>Without words? That is called thoughts,
>desires, etc. Not prayer in the spirit.
>
>If a person is the temple of God, and
>the spirit of God dwells in him, then
>the Spirit of God will make our desires
>known to God the Father, as our
>intercessor, per scripture.
>
>But to "Pray in the Spirit"? That is
>nothing but the thoughts of man who
>dwells in the reality of this world.
>For the word of God speaks expressly,...
>
>"Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous
>of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may
>excel to the edifying of the church.
>Wherefore let him that speaketh in an
>unknown tongue pray that he may
>interpret. For if I pray in an unknown
>tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my
>understanding is unfruitful. What is it
>then? I will pray with the spirit, and
>I will pray with the understanding
>also: I will sing with the spirit,
>and I will sing with the understanding
>also." (1Co 14:12-15, KJV)
>
>This is a 2,000 year old doctrine of
>God and it has not changed.

[23] The hour is coming, and now is,
when the true worshippers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth; for the
Father is seeking such to worship Him.

[24] God is Spirit, and those who
worship Him must worship in spirit
and truth.

--Jesus, John 4:23-24 NKJV
https://biblehub.com/nkjv/john/4.htm

Bonus Quote:
Bob Yandian, pastor and excellent Bible
teacher, taught me a spiritual lesson
I've never forgotten. [...]

Yandian . . . said "If you want to have
better days and better outcomes, you
need to pray in the Spirit more often.
Some of you go far too long without
speaking to the Lord in the Spirit."

--Steve Greene
_Charisma_ [January 2020],
"Greenelines: Love Language"

--
Maverick

Silence and Peace

Sep 8, 2021, 12:51:42 PM9/8/21
On 9/8/2021 11:31 AM, Robert wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2021, P+Barker wrote
> (in article<t58hjghdc3q102jmv...@4ax.com>):
> I did not tell you how to pray. Jesus taught and showed us all the manner in
> which to pray.
> If it smacks hard on your soul, then you should listen up to what all God has
> for you.

Yes He did, but I haven't had any bad results of complains,
so no reason to change.

P+Barker

Sep 8, 2021, 4:57:09 PM9/8/21
On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 09:31:35 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 8, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<t58hjghdc3q102jmv...@4ax.com>):
>
>I did not tell you how to pray. Jesus taught and showed us all the manner in
>which to pray.
>If it smacks hard on your soul, then you should listen up to what all God has
>for you.

P+Barker

Sep 9, 2021, 8:17:32 AM9/9/21
On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 15:23:21 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 8, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<bs8ijg5pmka7bnnnb...@4ax.com>):
>Mock me all you wish, you will still be you.

What up?
Did I hit a nerve?
I posed real questions to you.

P+Barker

Sep 9, 2021, 2:59:08 PM9/9/21
On Thu, 09 Sep 2021 07:53:36 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 9, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<hpujjg157t35halti...@4ax.com>):
>No, you didn't.
>I already denied your allegation that I am telling you how to pray. As that
>was from Jesus.

Philippians 4:6,7: Pray about everything
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.”

This advice on prayer was written by the apostle Paul to early church
members to encourage them to pray to God about anything and everything
that troubled them. It gives a pattern for a straight forward way of
praying where we are encouraged to present our requests to God with
thankful hearts.

Romans 8:26,27: The importance of the Holy Spirit to pray for us
“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know
what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us
with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts
knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the
saints in accordance with God’s will.”

We don't always HAVE to pray to God the Father. We can ask others in
heaven to pray for us also. (Mary)

Silence and Peace

Sep 9, 2021, 7:19:07 PM9/9/21
On 9/9/2021 4:29 PM, Robert wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2021, P+Barker wrote
> (in article<u5mkjg9nnak9427fg...@4ax.com>):
> John 16 disagrees with you, as you have been shown many times. Bye.

In no way does it disagree with them, for the Spirit of God IS
the paraclete. Your misinterpretations are confusing other believers.

P+Barker

Sep 10, 2021, 8:55:45 AM9/10/21
On Thu, 09 Sep 2021 14:29:36 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 9, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<u5mkjg9nnak9427fg...@4ax.com>):
>John 16 disagrees with you, as you have been shown many times. Bye.

So you feel your Bible lies to you?
Does it have more contradictions?
Why don't you believe ALL of the Bible?
Have you written your own?
Or have you just removed more books from the Bible?

P+Barker

Sep 10, 2021, 8:56:46 AM9/10/21
On Thu, 09 Sep 2021 16:49:38 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 9, 2021, Silence and Peace wrote
>(in article <she4p9$r6$1...@dont-email.me>):
>The Holy Spirit does not dwell in unclean places. Yes, He IS the comforter,
>the one called along side to help.
>
>If you feel there are any scriptural misrepresentations on this matter then
>by all means let us all know so that we can be clear on this matter.
>
>See Romans 8:1-11, 15-16, 1John 4:13, Gal 3:2, Gal 4:6. 1 Cor 12:13
>Temple of God 1 Cor 6:19, 2 Cor 6:16
>
>Those verses will give you a starting point, if you need a place to start.
>And this is a good thing to clarify so that no one is deceived.

What was wrong with Rom 26, 27?

P+Barker

Sep 10, 2021, 7:21:56 PM9/10/21
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:53:06 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 10, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<bflmjg9588ro2r242...@4ax.com>):
>Not one thing.

P+Barker

Sep 11, 2021, 8:46:17 AM9/11/21
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 16:36:55 -0700, Robert <i...@home.gov> wrote:

>On Sep 10, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<k3qnjgh4mfjmh7naj...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:53:06 -0700, Robert<i...@home.gov> wrote:
>>
>> > On Sep 10, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>> > (in article<bflmjg9588ro2r242...@4ax.com>):

>And this he does for the Born Again believer.

And No ONE else?

Rod

Sep 11, 2021, 9:22:35 AM9/11/21
Growing in the Holy Spirit is a journey, just as a child will
grow from birth, all natural until it covers ever facet of your
and you are changed according to what God designed you to be.