Why the priests of religion are unnecesary

Robert

Mar 31, 2023, 3:05:10 AM3/31/23
The Born again believer has a High Priest who in continuously before God the Father.
Who better can advocate for men but the Son of Man?

Heb 2:12-18 (KJV)

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I
sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which
God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself
likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the
power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to
bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of
Abraham.

***********************************
17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he
might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make
reconciliation for the sins of the people.
***********************************

18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that
are tempted.

Who Better to plead our case than the one who saved us, who better than the one who
delivered us from sin and death? He who lived as a man, suffered all the same
temptations and problems of life in this world, but he who paid full price for the sin
of every man.

Likewise, who better to judge the ones who denied Him and followed others.

Our High Priest molested no one, lied to no one. He did the work of His Father as
desired by Him, no matter the cost to his person, for the Honor set before Him.

It is totally impossible for any man to pay penance for their sin. Tell me, do you
really think that you can do a better job of it than Jesus, the Son of God?

teslaStinker

Mar 31, 2023, 11:35:34 PM3/31/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> Wrote in message:r
> The Born again believer has a High Priest who in continuously before God the Father. Who better can advocate for men but the Son of Man?Heb 2:12-18 (KJV)12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.***********************************17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.***********************************18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.Who Better to plead our case than the one who saved us, who better than the one who delivered us from sin and death? He who lived as a man, suffered all the same temptations and problems of life in this world, but he who paid full price for the sin of every man.Likewise, who better to judge the ones who denied Him and followed others.Our High Priest molested no one, lied to no one. He did the work of His Father as desired by Him, no matter the cost to his person, for the Honor set before Him.It is totally impossible for any man to pay penance for their sin. Tell me, do you really think that you can do a better job of it than Jesus, the Son of God?

Your a liar. Why would anyone listen to you. Priests of the true
religion are very necessary.
--
Daniel

Robert

Apr 1, 2023, 12:51:50 AM4/1/23
On Mar 31, 2023, teslaStinker wrote
(in article <u088q3$1oukj$1...@dont-email.me>):
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory
and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Religions are not specified here, and all are either Kings and or Priests.

Of course one has to be born of God in order to be a part of this.

Mattb

Apr 27, 2023, 12:07:33 PM4/27/23
Where is this true religion? To you they are the judges on earth,
they can call for peoples to be put to death and they are above even
the words of Jesus. Sorry I totally reject your true Church.

Now where is this true religion on earth?

Robert

Apr 27, 2023, 1:43:50 PM4/27/23
On Apr 27, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<9v0l4ihs9gh5tidsg...@4ax.com>):

> I still find this amusing, the presumptions as an expression of
> the complete lack of a Sense of the Sacred in modern contemporary
> "Protestantism". Especially in the free format, self directed, Spirit
> Lead, Bible Only (properly understood), "no creed but Jesus"
> Non-dogmatic gathering of True Believers.

Where in the word of God was the knowledge and understanding of God presumed to
be under the authority of man?

Mat 11:27

27 You have entrusted me with all that you are and all that you have. No one
fully and intimately knows the Son except the Father. And no one fully and
intimately knows the Father except the Son. But the Son is able to unveil the
Father to anyone he chooses.

anon...@nowhere.you.know

Apr 27, 2023, 5:39:49 PM4/27/23
One poster suggested:
>The Born again believer has a High Priest who in continuously before God
the Father.
>Who better can advocate for men but the Son of Man?
>
>Heb 2:12-17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren,
that he
>might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God,
to make
>reconciliation for the sins of the people.
In the NT the greek word in english we use for the functions of
"priest/pastor" is "Presbyter". It derived from germanic "prestar"> Among
other duties they laid on hands for ordination, taught the gospel, and
presided over the "Eucharist/communion". There came to be 3 levels of
defined clerical offices in the NT and by the beginning of the 2nd century.
They were "bishop,"Presbyter, deacon". The NT greek wword for "priest/or
high priest" was the name for another role based on those people who
performed animal sacrifice in the temple, including for the yearly
intercession for the forgiveness of sins. For which Christ assumed that
role for us.

Michael McLean

Apr 27, 2023, 6:20:20 PM4/27/23

Mattb wrote:
> Where is this true religion? To you they are the judges on earth,
> they can call for peoples to be put to death and they are above even
> the words of Jesus. Sorry I totally reject your true Church.
>
> Now where is this true religion on earth?

Religion, no, but Church, yes, but she is hidden. The reason you ask
such a question, Matt, is the evidence she is hidden. All the organised
religions a frauds masquerading as the True Church.

They are spoken of by the Lord...

Mat 23:15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! [Sinner
religions] for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when
he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

That is what these religions are: hypocrites, clearly, for they preach
doctrines and theologies to their hearers, but they, by far, do not
uphold them. Hypocrites.  It is pathetic to watch!  Those preachers
present a whitewashed sepulchre, beautiful on the outside, and like to
pretend there is nothing dead inside, fluffy with trivially admitted
sins, like failing to say sorry, or making a "mistake" or doing a "piece
of stupid," when there is a deep darkness inside; like soaking in the
self-glory of being important in the pride of life.

It is obvious!

No surprise then when you see many of them fall, whereas the day before
the fall, there they were prancing and dancing bible on the stage,
soaking in the reverence of their followers.  And then it turns hideous!
Anyone would think Brian Houston slept with 50 prostitutes, was a heroin
addict, and committed all his father's paedophile sins!

Such complete and utter self-righteous judgement from sinners upon a
sinner!  There is a "religion" for you.

It makes me sick to see it.

The True Church is the remnant from old in the wilderness down through
the ages, hidden from the world - away from the "angel of light"
religions, who are not the light and who seek to devour her - until the
time of the Lord.  She is no swinging door sinner, Church; she keeps the
commandments of her God and bears the true testimony of the Lord Jesus
Christ in her heart.

She will rise up out of the wilderness robed in white as snow when the
Lord comes in the clouds for His bride.  Not unto judgement, oh no, but
unto the embrace of her husband; what a day, like no other, that will
be!  Praise the Lord.

Michael

--
Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do, it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that you could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

Robert

Apr 27, 2023, 9:04:31 PM4/27/23
On Apr 27, 2023, anon...@nowhere.you.know wrote
(in article<644aeba3$0$2227$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):
Servant, you are way off base here, first off "High priest is a term or word
spoken of specifically of a "High Priest". In this case, Jesus. Greek
archiereus ar-khee-er-yuce'

Priest is in greek hiereus hee-er-yooce'

Deacon in Greek diakoneō dee-ak-on-eh'-o

Bishop in Greek episkopē ep-is-kop-ay'

Pastor in Greek poimēn poy-mane'

I will leave it to you to locate and understand what these offices are defined
as, according to the Bible and NOT the theology of man.

There are other offices mentioned which are not found in your religion but are
ordained of the Heavenly Father.

And is according to what pyotyr would call "sola scriptura".

So how about you spreading the truth, or did you practice lent only for that
day and not the rest of the year?

servant

Apr 28, 2023, 2:22:40 PM4/28/23

>> One poster suggested:
>> > The Born again believer has a High Priest who in continuously before God
>> the Father.
>> > Who better can advocate for men but the Son of Man?
>> >
>> > Heb 2:12-17
>> Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren,
>> that he
>> > might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God,
>> to make
>> > reconciliation for the sins of the people.
>> In the NT the greek word in english we use for the functions of
>> "priest/pastor" is "Presbyter". It derived from germanic "prestar"> Among
>> other duties they laid on hands for ordination, taught the gospel, and
>> presided over the "Eucharist/communion". There came to be 3 levels of
>> defined clerical offices in the NT and by the beginning of the 2nd century.
>> They were "bishop,"Presbyter, deacon". The NT greek wword for "priest/or
>> high priest" was the name for another role based on those people who
>> performed animal sacrifice in the temple, including for the yearly
>> intercession for the forgiveness of sins. For which Christ assumed that
>> role for us.

The poster suggest:
>Servant, you are way off base here, first off "High priest is a term or word
>spoken of specifically of a "High Priest". In this case, Jesus. Greek
>archiereus ar-khee-er-yuce'
>
>Priest is in greek hiereus hee-er-yooce'
>
>Deacon in Greek diakoneo출 dee-ak-on-eh'-o
>
>Bishop in Greek episkope출 ep-is-kop-ay'
>
>Pastor in Greek poime출n poy-mane'

Correction, the original info was as in the subject "priest" as we use in
english as "priest/pastor". Again to make the point of language
reference, it already covered the info above here once again:

tesla sTinker

Apr 28, 2023, 3:06:28 PM4/28/23

On 4/27/2023 3:20 PM, Michael McLean scribbled:
you sound like Philip from book of John.

8 Philip saith to him: Lord, shew us the Father, and it is enough for us.

yet, you tell everyone works is not necessary.?
The old testament of the Father is not necessary,
All your corrupt ways is the only way that is.

An this is also what you don't believe, and that is why, Jesus will not
have you.
10 Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

Which means, he is the Father. And what does this say in the book of
Exodus???

7 Thou shalt fly lying. The innocent and just person thou shalt not put
to death: because I abhor the wicked.

8 Neither shalt thou take bribes, which even blind the wise, and pervert
the words of the just.

How much did he pay you to say that Mattb?

Its specific, God says He Hates the Wicked.
That would be you and also Mattb
Because, you void the truth.

1 Thou shalt not receive the voice of a lie: neither shalt thou join thy
hand to bear false witness for a wicked person.

So there you go Mattb, Fuck off liar. Go with Robert, I do not give
a dam. For I will not listen to what you and him claim. Or anyone else
who claims it. As I said, your not in the church.

https://truecarpentry.org/tccwww/cathwww/dogma/catholicbooks/HolyBible/Exodus.htm#chpt23

10 Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
The words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself. But the Father who
abideth in me, he doth the works.

But, these are your works above to His people. And He knoweth it, and
so do I.

see this right here <> John 14, 6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way,
and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

And you claim, a priest is not necessary? Nope, none of you, are in
the true Church.

Robert

Apr 28, 2023, 3:13:44 PM4/28/23
On Apr 28, 2023, servant wrote
(in article<644c0eed$0$2227$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):
> > Deacon in Greek diakoneo Ãâ dee-ak-on-eh'-o
> >
> > Bishop in Greek episkope Ãâ ep-is-kop-ay'
> >
> > Pastor in Greek poimeÃân poy-mane'
> Correction, the original info was as in the subject "priest" as we use in
> english as "priest/pastor". Again to make the point of language
> reference, it already covered the info above here once again:

Servant, You replied to my post, using the scripture that was posted which
spoke specifically of the High Priest. Therefore I corrected your
misapplication, and then along with that gave you and anyone who reads this the
definition from koine Greek to todays English so that all might understand,
including you, were you so inclined to know the truth.

Now you shift the goal posts to "priests" as stated in the subject. That is
fine, as God already covered that base, and the interpretation of the word
Priest was also listed for all to see. It is not and never was, pastor

Thayer Definition:

1) a priest, one who offers sacrifices and in general in busied with sacred
rites

1a) referring to priests of Gentiles or the Jews

2) metaphorically of Christians, because, purified by the blood of Christ and
brought into close intercourse with God, they devote their life to him alone
and to Christ

I suggested nothing. I referred you to scripture, and back to the original
language as interpreted in the English of today.

The Word of the Almighty God stands.

Your words are the words and opinion of men. Yet you describe very will what is
wrong with following the religion of men and not following God through Jesus
Christ.

tesla sTinker

Apr 28, 2023, 3:59:44 PM4/28/23

On 4/28/2023 11:22 AM, servant scribbled:
They need more correction than you can offer Servant. These are all
infidels on here, they believe they can make their own religion. FACT.
Of Bribes.

They remind me of Joe Biden, Bribed Ukraine right into a war with the
Russian President. Now their dead an dying, and he is happy as a pig
in shit for it with Koch industries holding the key to the money.

$$$$$$$$ Believe me, that is what he really is. Deep in his own shit.

I will not hold their hand. Not to much. the Catholic Church has always
been the same dam Church of the same Jews who carried the scrolls. Just
where do you think they would go to lie about Jesus.?

And it is understood why. Because He built the real Church. Apostles.
What is not understood, is why they eliminated the truth of their own
law. But really, they did not, they never obeyed it in the first place,
and that is Why Jesus came. It is a identical copy to what they are
doing to the real US Constitution of the United States today. Ripping
the fact that the woman was made from the mans rib out of it.

Believe me, it wont work at all. I know my God. His true priests are
necessary. It is His Religion, no one can steal it from Him. He said
so. Just the books, they will be changed yes, and they are. On this
rock I will build my Church, He said it. Not me, that is instructions
of what to do. Like it or not. These on here do not. But it does
not mean its yours, it means it is His. An it will not falter. WE have
a couple true priest still, but we also have a mess. Its called the
internet and the wilderness. But its also clear, that it is the way the
Bible is written.

tesla sTinker

Apr 28, 2023, 4:09:38 PM4/28/23

On 4/28/2023 11:22 AM, servant scribbled:
>> Deacon in Greek diakoneoÃâ dee-ak-on-eh'-o
>>
>> Bishop in Greek episkopeÃâ ep-is-kop-ay'
>>
>> Pastor in Greek poimeÃân poy-mane'
>>
> Correction, the original info was as in the subject "priest" as we use in
> english as "priest/pastor". Again to make the point of language
> reference, it already covered the info above here once again:
>
> In the NT the greek word in english we use for the functions of
> "priest/pastor" is "Presbyter". It derived from germanic "prestar"> Among
> other duties they laid on hands for ordination, taught the gospel, and
> presided over the "Eucharist/communion". There came to be 3 levels of
> defined clerical offices in the NT and by the beginning of the 2nd century.
> They were "bishop,"Presbyter, deacon". The NT greek wword for "priest/or
> high priest" was the name for another role based on those people who
> performed animal sacrifice in the temple, including for the yearly
> intercession for the forgiveness of sins. For which Christ assumed that
> role for us.

26 And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him
have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and
the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth
upon the earth. Including Robert.

Yet, they think they do not need a priest!!! Dysfunctional infidels
He made His Holy Son to look like Him. in image and likeness.
Also Moses. Abel, Adam, Abram

Yet, another man is not as good for them? To clean their souls with.?
Abra•ham \"A-br€-'ham\ or Abram \"A-bram\.
Early 2d millennium B.C. Traditionally first Hebrew patriarch. Migrated
from the Ur to Canaan; father of Isaac and Ishmael and grandfather of
Jacob. Held as founder of faith by Jews, Christians, Muslims.
(C)1996 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All
rights reserved

Its been this way since the very beginning. Yet all heretics do not
want to obey. Including the Jews.

oh yes, remember Robert, learn how to spell necessary..... ha ha ha ha ha

pyotr filipivich

Apr 28, 2023, 5:38:38 PM4/28/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Thu, 27 Apr 2023 10:43:48 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Apr 27, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
>(in article<9v0l4ihs9gh5tidsg...@4ax.com>):
>

>> I still find this amusing, the presumptions as an expression of
>> the complete lack of a Sense of the Sacred in modern contemporary
>> "Protestantism". Especially in the free format, self directed, Spirit
>> Lead, Bible Only (properly understood), "no creed but Jesus"
>> Non-dogmatic gathering of True Believers.
>
>Where in the word of God was the knowledge and understanding of God presumed to
>be under the authority of man?

And there is a first assumption: To paraphrase "the Word Was God
and took on flesh and dwelt among us."
God did not send a book.

>Mat 11:27
>
>27 You have entrusted me with all that you are and all that you have. No one
>fully and intimately knows the Son except the Father. And no one fully and
>intimately knows the Father except the Son. But the Son is able to unveil the
>Father to anyone he chooses.

Yep.
--
pyotr
After the war two Army Chaplains were mustering out. The one said to

pyotr filipivich

Apr 28, 2023, 5:38:39 PM4/28/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:04:28 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>I will leave it to you to locate and understand what these offices are defined
>as, according to the Bible and NOT the theology of man.
>
>There are other offices mentioned which are not found in your religion but are
>ordained of the Heavenly Father.

Could you list those other offices, and why you feel that the
Orthodox do not have them?

{this ought to be good.}

>And is according to what pyotyr would call "sola scriptura".

Yep.

There's a lot which the apostles taught which didn't get into the
writings in the first century.

servant

Apr 28, 2023, 6:24:22 PM4/28/23

As the original post was confused a what form of "priest of religion"
intended, he can clarify. Is it to jewish temple prieste or to clergy in
some churches who are labeled as "priests" in their very different
respective roles?

Or is the thread a bashing of that clerical role or just a simple confusion
with temple priests with a very different role? Does the same english
title for each cause the confusion in the poster's mind/ententions?

Robert

Apr 28, 2023, 6:42:42 PM4/28/23
On Apr 28, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<hseo4ippopvs1kv4k...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Thu, 27 Apr 2023 10:43:48 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > On Apr 27, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
> > (in article<9v0l4ihs9gh5tidsg...@4ax.com>):
> >

> > > I still find this amusing, the presumptions as an expression of
> > > the complete lack of a Sense of the Sacred in modern contemporary
> > > "Protestantism". Especially in the free format, self directed, Spirit
> > > Lead, Bible Only (properly understood), "no creed but Jesus"
> > > Non-dogmatic gathering of True Believers.
> >
> > Where in the word of God was the knowledge and understanding of God
> > presumed to
> > be under the authority of man?
>
> And there is a first assumption: To paraphrase "the Word Was God
> and took on flesh and dwelt among us."
> God did not send a book.

1Jn 1:1

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen
with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the
Word of life;

Was this not Jesus, God?

Joh 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
God.

In Modern English

Joh 1:1

1 In the very beginning the Living Expression was already there. And the Living
Expression was with God, yet fully God.

“The Word” is one of the highest and most profound titles of the Lord Jesus
Christ. To determine the exact meaning is not easy. Obviously the Lord Jesus
Christ is not the "logos" of Greek philosophy; rather He is the "memra" of the
Hebrew Scriptures.

Robert

Apr 28, 2023, 6:50:38 PM4/28/23
On Apr 28, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<cveo4idiotouqjrpg...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:04:28 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> >
> > I will leave it to you to locate and understand what these offices are
> > defined
> > as, according to the Bible and NOT the theology of man.
> >
> > There are other offices mentioned which are not found in your religion but
> > are
> > ordained of the Heavenly Father.
>
> Could you list those other offices, and why you feel that the
> Orthodox do not have them?
>
> {this ought to be good.}
>
> > And is according to what pyotyr would call "sola scriptura".
>
> Yep.
>
> There's a lot which the apostles taught which didn't get into the
> writings in the first century.

What God the Heavenly Father desired written, is written.

Neither Jesus nor any of His disciples taught praying to Mary.

Michael McLean

Apr 28, 2023, 8:05:39 PM4/28/23
Dear Tessie, that is a sweeping statement. You have swept up everything
in one Tessie extra special brooming statement!

Faith without works is dead. By the way, that means, what you do is
what is really said.

However, "works" in regard to self-salvation is impossible. With man,
nothing is possible, but with God every darn thang is not a problem,
because He is God. But, man is not God, so all that righteousness
people strive for in the flesh is vanity.

Got it now?

> The old testament of the Father is not necessary,
> All your corrupt ways is the only way that is.
>
> An this is also what you don't believe, and that is why,  Jesus will not
> have you.

You don't have a say, you are only a man.
I haven't been a part of that chitter chatter. However, I will say
this, the Lord Jesus Christ is really the only Priest.

pyotr filipivich

Apr 28, 2023, 8:07:29 PM4/28/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:50:36 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Apr 28, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:04:28 -0700 typed in
>> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>> > I will leave it to you to locate and understand what these offices are
>> > defined as, according to the Bible and NOT the theology of man.
>> >
>> > There are other offices mentioned which are not found in your religion but
>> > are ordained of the Heavenly Father.
>> Could you list those other offices, and why you feel that the
>> Orthodox do not have them?

I see Robert does not have a clue as to what it was he was
asserting as not being in the Orthodox Church.

>> > And is according to what pyotyr would call "sola scriptura".
>> Yep.
>> There's a lot which the apostles taught which didn't get into the
>> writings in the first century.
>What God the Heavenly Father desired written, is written.

Yes, and ????

>Neither Jesus nor any of His disciples taught praying to Mary.

Yes and??? There are no words about altar calls, being slain the
spirit, "accepting Jesus into one's heart", etc, ad nauseam either.

On the other hand: part of the Protestant problem with the saints
appears to be twofold: to them, those who have departed this life are
not aware in the next (contrary to scripture, but ...) and that
because of this, they can't imagine that one might ask a saint to
intercede for one, just as one might ask someone in this world to pray
for them.

Robert

Apr 28, 2023, 11:18:02 PM4/28/23
On Apr 28, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<1dno4i9otq4dnumvl...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:50:36 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > On Apr 28, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> > > Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:04:28 -0700 typed in
> > > alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> > > Could you list those other offices, and why you feel that the
> > > Orthodox do not have them?
>
> I see Robert does not have a clue as to what it was he was
> asserting as not being in the Orthodox Church.

Read what your lady friend purports, it disagrees with the Word of God. There
is no "peer among equals", no better than another in Christ. Where are the
monks in the Bible? That goes against the commands of Christ.

> > > Yep.
> > > There's a lot which the apostles taught which didn't get into the
> > > writings in the first century.
> > What God the Heavenly Father desired written, is written.
>
> Yes, and ????

Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than
that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

> > Neither Jesus nor any of His disciples taught praying to Mary.
>
> Yes and??? There are no words about altar calls, being slain the
> spirit, "accepting Jesus into one's heart", etc, ad nauseam either.

Rom 10:8-10

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy
heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe
in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation.

Mat 28:2-4

2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord
descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and
sat upon it.

3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as deadmen.

"Altar call" are no common, nor are they established Doctrine. Altars are an
established part of an Orthodox an RCC? For what purposes?

> On the other hand: part of the Protestant problem with the saints
> appears to be twofold: to them, those who have departed this life are
> not aware in the next (contrary to scripture, but ...) and that
> because of this, they can't imagine that one might ask a saint to
> intercede for one, just as one might ask someone in this world to pray
> for them.

Jesus specifically mentioned that the Born Again ones are to Pray to Our
Heavenly Father.

And

Mat 6:7

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do:for they think
that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Joh 9:31

31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of
God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Are you ready for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit similar to the one in the
early ekklesia?

This one will be far greater than the previous one in all things, and it
heralds the return of Christ in the Clouds for the ones made righteous by the
shed blood of the Lamb, and all those who shed their bodies to be with Jesus.

Mattb

Apr 30, 2023, 3:04:26 PM4/30/23
On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:20:04 +1000, Michael McLean
<michaelm...@outlook.com> wrote:

>On 28/04/2023 2:07 am, Mattb wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 20:35:31 -0700 (PDT), teslaStinker
>> <ser...@truecarpentry.org> wrote:

>>> people.***********************************18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.Who Better to plead our case than the one who saved us, who better than the one who delivered us from sin and death? He who lived as a man, suffered all the same temptations and problems of life in this world, but he who paid full price for the sin of every man.Likewise, who better to judge the ones who denied Him and followed others.Our High Priest molested no one, lied to no one. He did the work of His Father as desired by Him, no matter the cost to his person, for the Honor set before Him.It is totally impossible for any man to pay penance for their sin. Tell me, do you really think that you can do a better job of it than Jesus, the Son of God?
>>>
>>> Your a liar. Why would anyone listen to you. Priests of the true
>>> religion are very necessary.
>
>Mattb wrote:
>> Where is this true religion? To you they are the judges on earth,
>> they can call for peoples to be put to death and they are above even
>> the words of Jesus. Sorry I totally reject your true Church.
>>
>> Now where is this true religion on earth?
>
>Religion, no, but Church, yes, but she is hidden. The reason you ask
>such a question, Matt, is the evidence she is hidden. All the organised
>religions a frauds masquerading as the True Church.

Why would Jesus hide himself from his people?

pyotr filipivich

Apr 30, 2023, 8:59:33 PM4/30/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> > What God the Heavenly Father desired written, is written.
>>
>> Yes, and ????
>
>Gal 1:8-9
>
>8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than
>that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>
>9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
>unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Ah yes. That would be what is known as the "apostolic faith." You
know, the good news taught to the disciples by Jesus, which they then
taught others, and set faithful men over local congregations in order
to teach the next generation.

pyotr filipivich

Apr 30, 2023, 8:59:34 PM4/30/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> On the other hand: part of the Protestant problem with the saints
>> appears to be twofold: to them, those who have departed this life are
>> not aware in the next (contrary to scripture, but ...) and that
>> because of this, they can't imagine that one might ask a saint to
>> intercede for one, just as one might ask someone in this world to pray
>> for them.
>
>Jesus specifically mentioned that the Born Again ones are to Pray to Our
>Heavenly Father.
>
>And
>
>Mat 6:7
>
>7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do:for they think
>that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
>
>Joh 9:31
>
>31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of
>God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
>
>Are you ready for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit similar to the one in the
>early ekklesia?
>
>This one will be far greater than the previous one in all things, and it
>heralds the return of Christ in the Clouds for the ones made righteous by the
>shed blood of the Lamb, and all those who shed their bodies to be with Jesus.

Yes and???? Oh yes, that is correct, Robert can't ask another to
pray for him, for he apparently equates such requests as idolatry.
(not to mention his apparent lack of any forefathers, role models, or
heroes of his faith. Those who underwent may afflictions and yet kept
the faith.

pyotr filipivich

Apr 30, 2023, 8:59:34 PM4/30/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> I see Robert does not have a clue as to what it was he was
>> asserting as not being in the Orthodox Church.
>
>Read what your lady friend purports, it disagrees with the Word of God. There
>is no "peer among equals", no better than another in Christ. Where are the
>monks in the Bible? That goes against the commands of Christ.

Nice attempt at a distraction. But those who have chosen a life
style of prayer are not the issue.
The issue is that, once again, Robert has made claims and then
can't back them up. Specifically about those "other offices"
mentioned in scripture.

Robert

Apr 30, 2023, 11:31:03 PM4/30/23
On Apr 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<933u4ils4ngp9eumq...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> > > Yes, and ????
> >
> > Gal 1:8-9
> >
> > 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
> > than
> > that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
> >
> > 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
> > unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
>
> Ah yes. That would be what is known as the "apostolic faith." You
> know, the good news taught to the disciples by Jesus, which they then
> taught others, and set faithful men over local congregations in order
> to teach the next generation

“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might
be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for
by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” (Gal 2:16)

I quote this because words mean something.

You see here faith described. Does it stipulate the "Apostolic Faith"? Or
another?

Robert

Apr 30, 2023, 11:37:51 PM4/30/23
On Apr 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<073u4ihq6g4t1vsr4...@4ax.com>):
Why do you practice knowing deceit? IOW's why the false witness?

Other than King Saul going to a spirit medium to call up Isaiah from the dead,
where in the Bible do you find reference to a man seeking the dead to ask them
for help?

Robert

Apr 30, 2023, 11:41:46 PM4/30/23
On Apr 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<os2u4ilpmbl2nodq8...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> > > I see Robert does not have a clue as to what it was he was
> > > asserting as not being in the Orthodox Church.
> >
> > Read what your lady friend purports, it disagrees with the Word of God.
> > There
> > is no "peer among equals", no better than another in Christ. Where are the
> > monks in the Bible? That goes against the commands of Christ.
>
> Nice attempt at a distraction. But those who have chosen a life
> style of prayer are not the issue.

They are not following the commandments of Jesus.

> The issue is that, once again, Robert has made claims and then
> can't back them up. Specifically about those "other offices"
> mentioned in scripture.

There is not one Greek Orthodox office of any type mentioned in scripture

servant

May 1, 2023, 11:25:50 AM5/1/23
Our expert in all matters scripture and church history is of a view that
asking those departed and alive with God for intercession for us is of no
avail.

As to intercession Paul instructs in 1Tim.:

2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

the dead are not aware of earthly matters, including ourselves. Multiple
verses say otherwise, the parable of the beggar and the rich man a prime
example. But include Paul in Hebrews.In chapter 11 he lists people of the
Ot to say this in reference in the next chapter:

12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of
witnesses

John speaks of those in heaven worshiping God in various ways. Also of the
outcome of their intercession for those alive on earth in Revelation:

6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls
of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which
they held:

6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and
true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell
on the earth?

6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said
unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until
their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as
they were, should be fulfilled.

Robert

May 1, 2023, 2:22:48 PM5/1/23
On May 1, 2023, servant wrote
(in article<644fd9fc$0$2227$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):

> Our expert in all matters scripture and church history is of a view that
> asking those departed and alive with God for intercession for us is of no
> avail.

Jesus, the way, always taught us to pray to the Heavenly Father.

“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut
thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in
secret shall reward thee openly.” (Mat 6:6)

And as he was preparing to go Jesus said this.

Joh 16:22-28

22And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart
shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

23And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give ityou.

24Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that
your joy may be full.

25These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I
shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the
Father.

26At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray
the Father for you:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have
believed that I came out from God.

28I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the
world, and go to the Father.

> As to intercession Paul instructs in 1Tim.:
>
> 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
> intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
>
> the dead are not aware of earthly matters, including ourselves. Multiple
> verses say otherwise, the parable of the beggar and the rich man a prime
> example. But include Paul in Hebrews.In chapter 11 he lists people of the
> Ot to say this in reference in the next chapter:

There is nothing in the verse you provided that spoke of the dead. As you said
here, "the dead are not aware of earthly matters". There are no verses that
speak otherwise, else they would have been quote here. There is also no mention
of any prayers of intercession by the departed ones.

In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar both were dead, the rich
man in hell and Lazarus in the bosom of Abraham, in paradise. {Paradise was a
holding place for the departed saints in the bowels of the earth.) Held captive
there until Jesus paid the price for sin and then they were redeemed and set
free. Never at any time was there communication between the living and the
dead. You can read and learn from Luke 16,

> 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of
> witnesses

The "wherefore" (toigaroun) reaching back and gathering together all the heroes
of Heb 11:4-40, their faith, and their exploits, is an emphatic particle,
strongly affirming the facts on which the following exhortation is based. The
words "we also" are not to be construed with "are compassed about, etc.," but
with "let us run." The Nestle Greek text so punctuates. The Old Testament
saints, the witnesses of chapter 11, were not compassed about with a cloud of
witnesses. They are the witnesses of whom the writer is speaking.

"Therefore also as for us, having so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,
having put off and away from ourselves every encumbrance and that sin which so
deftly and cleverly places itself in an entangling way around us, with patience
let us be running the race lying before us."

IOW's, these whose witness to us in scripture, as an example of the awesome
love and power of God in the lives of those who desire and follow him, let us
run as they did, our examples of Faith in operation.

> John speaks of those in heaven worshiping God in various ways. Also of the
> outcome of their intercession for those alive on earth in Revelation:
>
> 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls
> of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which
> they held:
>
> 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and
> true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell
> on the earth?
>
> 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said
> unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until
> their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as
> they were, should be fulfilled.

Do take note. They knew nothing of the day to day happenings on earth. No blow
by blow news programs. They knew as did the rich man of his brothers who were
left behind, that they would face the same fate as he did and wanted a
miraculous action to take place so that they could be delivered.

Those who were under the altar were fully aware of what was happening when they
departed yet the Lord said their brethren which were to be killed for their
testimony must take place first, as told to them when they were anointed to be
a witness for him in the Great Tribulation. They will all be rewarded greatly
in Heaven. Plus, as I recall, will always be near Jesus throughout eternity.

Don't you believe God can handle all things? Love all the saints as He loves
His Son? Are there any true believers who are neglected or deprioritized?

Why do you believe that God is not capable and that you need someone behind the
scenes to speak to God so that you can have an advantage over those that speak
directly to Him?

Is not the Holy Spirit that dwells within the spirits of the righteous an
intercessor for the individual before the Father?

“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we
should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts
knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the
saints according to the will of God.” (Rom 8:26-27)

“And in a similar way, the Holy Spirit takes hold of us in our human frailty
to empower us in our weakness. For example, at times we don’t even know how
to pray, or know the best things to ask for. But the Holy Spirit rises up
within us to super-intercede on our behalf, pleading to God with emotional
sighs too deep for words. God, the searcher of the heart, knows fully our
longings, yet he also understands the desires of the Spirit, because the Holy
Spirit passionately pleads before God for us, his holy ones, in perfect harmony
with God’s plan and our destiny.” (Rom 8:26-27)

If these things be true, what need do you have of others if you walk in the
spirit?

Now should we pray for others? Most definitely! Not all men are redeemed. Not
all believe. Not all walk in the spirit.

“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for
all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all
godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our
Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of
the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man
Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in
Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. I will
therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and
doubting.” (1Ti 2:1-8)

Now some believer may be in bondage due to their sinning, or simple being
attacked by the evil one who knows that they are weak in Faith, So James speaks
in regards to this here,...

“Are there any believers in your fellowship suffering great hardship and
distress? Encourage them to pray! Are there happy, cheerful ones among you?
Encourage them to sing out their praises! Are there any sick among you? Then
ask the elders of the church to come and pray over the sick and anoint them
with oil in the name of our Lord. And the prayer of faith will heal the sick
and the Lord will raise them up, and if they have committed sins they will be
forgiven. Confess and acknowledge how you have offended one another and then
pray for one another to be instantly healed, for tremendous power is released
through the passionate, heartfelt prayer of a godly believer!” (Jas 5:13-16)

These are all evidences of Believers in Jesus, those who follow him, are
ministers of Jesus and not a priest of any certain religions. There is a big
huge difference.

Jesus says to do thus and so. Priests of a religion say that these things are
not for today, and preach and teach doubt and unbelief. Neither God nor His Son
ever taught that.

So you, as do others, HAVE TO DECIDE. Follow Jesus, or follow the religion of
men, their traditions, etc.?

Michael McLean

May 1, 2023, 8:06:18 PM5/1/23

Robert wrote:
> Jesus, the way, always taught us to pray to the Heavenly Father.

Before the Lord's crucifixion and return from whence He came.

Dogma, doctrine, and theology are all these people know - trying to
follow religious rules to save themselves; it is self-righteousness (the
desire to be God). This is where those who live a religious, humanistic
existence separate from those who walk in the Spirit of Truth with the Lord.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Father!

And even when you show them in the scriptures, they ignore them because
it doesn't register with their religious views and dogma; they can't
fathom it.

Jer_10:10  But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an
everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations
shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Rom_12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place
unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith
the Lord.

1Co_8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all
things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, BY WHOM ARE ALL
THINGS, and we by him.

Eph 4:4  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one
hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

The Father and the Lord Jesus Christ - One Holy Spirit. It just don't
fit in their fallen minds! It is an eternal perspective/understanding,
not a human finite perspective/understanding.

Isa_9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the
government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The
Prince of Peace.

A child, a son, the mighty God, an everlasting Father, and a Prince –
oh,  how is it possible to my fallen little religious mind???  Well, it
is what it is, but, like I said, show them the scriptures, and they have
to pass them by because their will is that they BE GOD (like the
atheists), controlling what is and what is not in their minds by their
own power.

Well, good luck in trying to be God, the Roberts of this world!

Bottom line, God is eternal; He is all eternal. That is why you can have
a Father be the Son and a Son be the Father. Of course!

Unless you believe the Lord Jesus Christ is not God?

Robert

May 1, 2023, 9:53:50 PM5/1/23
On May 1, 2023, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<5a746768-5633-4167...@googlegroups.com>):
> "Priests" in Hebrews refer to either to the high priest [superseded by
> Christ] or other Temple priests who have sacrificial duties. There's never
> been temple priest since the destruction of the Temple. Christian churches do
> not have temple priests as there are no sacrifices to be made.

"Priests" In Hebrews always referred to those who were not Hight Priests,
unless specified as "High Priests". The tribe of Levites were a tribe of
priests. The all did not die when the temple was destroyed. Yet the seed of
Zadok will be they who will operate in the millennial rule of Christ. There
will be blood sacrifices restored again at that time for a sin offering. These
also are and will be a temple priest. Lest you forget, there were plenty of
Priests all over Israel, at that time.

Jesus Christ, is our temple High Priest in Heaven.

So I am wondering about your point here.

> Our English word for "priest" comes from the Gk presbuteros G4245 being
> someone in leadership role often translated as "elder" etc.

G2409 which stems from G413, Priest

G4245 elder, eldest, old men

G4245(Strong)

πρεσβύτερος

presbuteros

pres-boo'-ter-os

Comparative of πρέσβυς presbus (elderly); older; as noun, asenior;
specifically an Israelite Sanhedrist (also figuratively, member of the
celestial council) or Christian “presbyter”: - elder (-est), old.

Only once in hebrews is it mentioned and then as "elders". Never "priest"

Again, what is your point, and what is your "source"?

> So, Webster notes the derivation "Old English prēost "priest," derived from
> Latin presbyter "priest, elder," from Greek presbyteros, comparative form of
> presbys "old man, elder".
4 any of various officers of religious groups: such as

a presbyter sense 1 (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/presbyter)

b a permanent officer elected by a Presbyterian congregation and ordained to
serve on the session and assist the pastor at communion

c minister sense 2 (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/minister)

d a leader of the Shakers

e a Mormon ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood

Obviously we live in different worlds.

Also, I see yours somehow defaults to a latin word translation and not Greek or
Aramaic.

Are you beholden to the RCC over the greek?

> Therefore, the premise of the subject line and the supporting text may be
> flawed.

I have already discussed that in a reply to servant.P'haps with pyotr as well.

Rev 1:6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be
glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests:and we shall reign on
the earth.

Why not join up with the Born Again Believers who are spirit filled and be a
part of the promises of God?

pyotr filipivich

May 31, 2023, 12:01:15 AM5/31/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:31:01 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>hough we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
>> > than
>> > that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>> >
>> > 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
>> > unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
>>
>> Ah yes. That would be what is known as the "apostolic faith." You
>> know, the good news taught to the disciples by Jesus, which they then
>> taught others, and set faithful men over local congregations in order
>> to teach the next generation
>
>“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
>faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might
>be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for
>by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” (Gal 2:16)
>
>I quote this because words mean something.
>
>You see here faith described. Does it stipulate the "Apostolic Faith"? Or
>another?

Sigh. Robert is so determined to deny that what the Apostles
taught as the Faith is the "Apostolic Faith", that there couldn't be
an "Apostolic Faith", and continues to affirm that his interpretation
must be the True Religion, because it is not the Apostolic Faith.

I wonder what he feels that the Apostles taught?

pyotr filipivich

May 31, 2023, 12:01:15 AM5/31/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:41:44 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Apr 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
>(in article<os2u4ilpmbl2nodq8...@4ax.com>):
>
>> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
>> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> > Read what your lady friend purports, it disagrees with the Word of God.
>> > There
>> > is no "peer among equals", no better than another in Christ. Where are the
>> > monks in the Bible? That goes against the commands of Christ.
>>
>> Nice attempt at a distraction. But those who have chosen a life
>> style of prayer are not the issue.
>
>They are not following the commandments of Jesus.

And you know this because your direct spiritual WiFi tells you
things.

>> The issue is that, once again, Robert has made claims and then
>> can't back them up. Specifically about those "other offices"
>> mentioned in scripture.
>
>There is not one Greek Orthodox office of any type mentioned in scripture

Robert once again confirms that he knows nothing of Orthodoxy. If
he did, he might not open his mouth and spout foolishness.

Robert

May 31, 2023, 2:34:31 AM5/31/23
On May 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<v2gd7ilhh67vvidd6...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:31:01 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > hough we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you

> > > Ah yes. That would be what is known as the "apostolic faith." You
> > > know, the good news taught to the disciples by Jesus, which they then
> > > taught others, and set faithful men over local congregations in order
> > > to teach the next generation
> >
> > “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
> > faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might
> > be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for
> > by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” (Gal 2:16)
> >
> > I quote this because words mean something.
> >
> > You see here faith described. Does it stipulate the "Apostolic Faith"? Or
> > another?
>
> Sigh. Robert is so determined to deny that what the Apostles
> taught as the Faith is the "Apostolic Faith", that there couldn't be
> an "Apostolic Faith", and continues to affirm that his interpretation
> must be the True Religion, because it is not the Apostolic Faith.

It is clear to me that you are without understanding. I asked you a question
that you evidently cannot answer, and it is highly likely that you didn't even
understand. You deflected the question and the subject for what reason? To make
generalizations about what you prejudiced mind believes to be what others are
saying?

Tell me what is my interpretation as opposed to the Apostolic Faith, and then
tie in your reasoning with the words of God last quoted by me in this thread.
K?

> I wonder what he feels that the Apostles taught?

Are you really that confused? You just got through telling me what is is that I
think. Now this question? I used to think that you can do better than that.
Bummer.

Robert

May 31, 2023, 2:42:38 AM5/31/23
On May 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<1chd7i1eks413v670...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:41:44 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > On Apr 30, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
> > (in article<os2u4ilpmbl2nodq8...@4ax.com>):
> >
> > > Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:17:55 -0700 typed in
> > > alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> > > Nice attempt at a distraction. But those who have chosen a life
> > > style of prayer are not the issue.
> >
> > They are not following the commandments of Jesus.
>
> And you know this because your direct spiritual WiFi tells you
> things.

Is that the best you can now do? To mock the Holy Spirit and mimic the woman?

> > > The issue is that, once again, Robert has made claims and then
> > > can't back them up. Specifically about those "other offices"
> > > mentioned in scripture.
> >
> > There is not one Greek Orthodox office of any type mentioned in scripture
>
> Robert once again confirms that he knows nothing of Orthodoxy. If
> he did, he might not open his mouth and spout foolishness.

LOL! Well here you are, being one smart cookie, and not opening your mouth to
prove what you said, lest you be foolish. KUDOS to you. ;)

pyotr filipivich

May 31, 2023, 11:18:13 AM5/31/23
pyotr filipivich <ph...@mindspring.com> on Tue, 30 May 2023 21:01:04
-0700 typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:31:01 -0700 typed in
>alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>>hough we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you

>>> Ah yes. That would be what is known as the "apostolic faith." You
>>> know, the good news taught to the disciples by Jesus, which they then
>>> taught others, and set faithful men over local congregations in order
>>> to teach the next generation
>>
>>“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
>>faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might
>>be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for
>>by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” (Gal 2:16)
>>
>>I quote this because words mean something.
>>
>>You see here faith described. Does it stipulate the "Apostolic Faith"? Or
>>another?
>
> Sigh. Robert is so determined to deny that what the Apostles
>taught as the Faith is the "Apostolic Faith", that there couldn't be
>an "Apostolic Faith", and continues to affirm that his interpretation
>must be the True Religion, because it is not the Apostolic Faith.
>
> I wonder what he feels that the Apostles taught?

On second thought, no I don't. Wonder, nor care.

Robert

May 31, 2023, 12:18:24 PM5/31/23
On May 31, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<s4pe7i1l541t3s01d...@4ax.com>):
<snicker>

pyotr filipivich

Jun 14, 2023, 9:04:29 PM6/14/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Tue, 30 May 2023 23:34:29 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> I wonder what he feels that the Apostles taught?
>
>Are you really that confused? You just got through telling me what is is that I
>think. Now this question? I used to think that you can do better than that.
>Bummer.

Nice dodge. Of course I wonder what you feel the Apostles taught.
You certainly have separated yourself from the historical record.

Robert

Jun 15, 2023, 1:15:38 AM6/15/23
On Jun 14, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<9fok8i9jdgntnn6sb...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Tue, 30 May 2023 23:34:29 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> >
> > > I wonder what he feels that the Apostles taught?
> >
> > Are you really that confused? You just got through telling me what is is
> > that I
> > think. Now this question? I used to think that you can do better than that.
> > Bummer.
>
> Nice dodge. Of course I wonder what you feel the Apostles taught.
> You certainly have separated yourself from the historical record.

I have told and shown you time and time again that what God told them to teach
is written down in the scriptures.

pyotr filipivich

Jun 23, 2023, 10:19:05 PM6/23/23
Robert <Rob...@none.non> on Tue, 30 May 2023 23:42:36 -0700 typed in
No, to mock you. Because you seem to have no grounding at all in
history.

>> > There is not one Greek Orthodox office of any type mentioned in scripture
>>
>> Robert once again confirms that he knows nothing of Orthodoxy. If
>> he did, he might not open his mouth and spout foolishness.
>
>LOL! Well here you are, being one smart cookie, and not opening your mouth to
>prove what you said, lest you be foolish. KUDOS to you. ;)

Like I said: you are invincibly ignorant of anything prior to your
finding a book, and unabashedly proud of that fact.

Robert

Jun 24, 2023, 1:26:57 AM6/24/23
On Jun 23, 2023, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<eakc9ideqopk36sjl...@4ax.com>):
I do have grounding in the Word of God, which is what you contest and mock.

I do have a rudimentary understanding of History, mainly from the Bible, and
some from the studies of the various ages of man through the eyes of men.

> > > Robert once again confirms that he knows nothing of Orthodoxy. If
> > > he did, he might not open his mouth and spout foolishness.
> >
> > LOL! Well here you are, being one smart cookie, and not opening your mouth
> > to prove what you said, lest you be foolish. KUDOS to you. ;)
>
> Like I said: you are invincibly ignorant of anything prior to your
> finding a book, and unabashedly proud of that fact.

Have you or your crony woman friend ever openly stated your doctrines or the
history of your schism with the RCC? Have you ever shared of any perceived
value in its doctrines and traditions of men? Or have you been too embarrassed
to share it, or could it be that your knowledge of it is less than weak.

You can accuse me all you want, it is insincere at best, since you can offer
nothing to contest it. You cannot show where I am wrong.

For instance you pray to Mary and ask her, you say, to speak to the Heavenly
Father for you, Yet, Jesus clearly states that no man can access the Father but
by Him.

God despises those that say there is a Queen of Heaven, yet you all celebrate
Mary as such.

Do you ever speak of the first popes of Rome where of the Orthodox side when
they were in the power side electorally. Do you ever speak of the two paths of
the Papal lines? One with Peter as its head, the other with Paul as its head.
Do you ever openly speak of the various gaps in the papal lineage and why they
cannot be resolved? Or are these family secrets not to be openly discussed and
fleshed out?