Re: According to Peter, the Apostle, How to be Born Againl

1 view

pyotr filipivich

Sep 16, 2022, 2:35:45 PM9/16/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Tue, 06 Sep 2022 11:54:15 -0700
typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>All this by the Word of God.
>
>1Pe 1:13-25 [snip]
>
>Have faith in God, not any religion.

And that's a true saying.

Of course, equally true is that:
I have the True Faith,
You just believe the right things.
They have a religion.

>Any Church should point to Jesus as the author and finisher of our salvation.
>They should never create bylaws.

Of course. Now is this something you insist upon to be One of the
Elect, or is that just your interpretation?

>Trust not any person who claims to know things that cannot be verified
>written in scripture.

You do, of course, have scriptural proof of this doctrine?

>Receive Christ into your spirit through the Faith of God, and be filled with
>and empowered by Gods Holy Spirit to live your life unto God; only the blood
>of Jesus Christ can wash away our sins. V19

Could you be a little more specific about this?

I ask because in the past, when I have said that is/was the path I
followed, I get continually told that I got it all wrong because my
beliefs aren't like the original posters.

--
pyotr
After the war two Army Chaplains were mustering out. The one said to

Dr. Who

Sep 16, 2022, 11:21:51 PM9/16/22
On Sep 16, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<68g9ihd27kvjscclf...@4ax.com>):

> Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Tue, 06 Sep 2022 11:54:15 -0700
> typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > All this by the Word of God.
> >
> > 1Pe 1:13-25 [snip]
> >
> > Have faith in God, not any religion.
>
> And that's a true saying.
>
> Of course, equally true is that:
> I have the True Faith,
> You just believe the right things.
> They have a religion.

Jesus the Messiah, set up no religion. If you are calling the Orthodox the
"True Faith" then you are dwelling in error.

> > Any Church should point to Jesus as the author and finisher of our
> > salvation. They should never create bylaws.
>
> Of course. Now is this something you insist upon to be One of the
> Elect, or is that just your interpretation?

To be one of the Elect (AD) one has to be born again, and living it.

> > Trust not any person who claims to know things that cannot be verified
> > written in scripture.
>
> You do, of course, have scriptural proof of this doctrine?

Galations 1:8

> > Receive Christ into your spirit through the Faith of God, and be filled with
> > and empowered by Gods Holy Spirit to live your life unto God; only the blood
> > of Jesus Christ can wash away our sins. V19
>
> Could you be a little more specific about this?
>
> I ask because in the past, when I have said that is/was the path I
> followed, I get continually told that I got it all wrong because my
> beliefs aren't like the original posters.

“It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you
grew up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know. He died like an
unblemished, sacrificial lamb. And this was no afterthought. Even though it
has only lately—at the end of the ages—become public knowledge, God
always knew he was going to do this for you. It's because of this sacrificed
Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust
God, that you know you have a future in God.” (1Pe 1:18-21)

“and from Jesus Christ—Loyal Witness, Firstborn from the dead, Ruler of
all earthly kings. Glory and strength to Christ, who loves us, who
blood-washed our sins from our lives,” (Rev 1:5)

Lots of people follow a path set before them by their religious training, but
it is with the Heart that man believes unto righteousness. Not by works lest
anyone have cause to boast that they did it, "my Way".

James puts it another way,“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest
well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” (Jas 2:19)

pyotr filipivich

Sep 27, 2022, 1:52:17 PM9/27/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:21:49 -0700
typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Sep 16, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
>(in article<68g9ihd27kvjscclf...@4ax.com>):
>
>> Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Tue, 06 Sep 2022 11:54:15 -0700
>> typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>> > All this by the Word of God.
>> >
>> > 1Pe 1:13-25 [snip]
>> >
>> > Have faith in God, not any religion.
>>
>> And that's a true saying.
>>
>> Of course, equally true is that:
>> I have the True Faith,
>> You just believe the right things.
>> They have a religion.
>
>Jesus the Messiah, set up no religion. If you are calling the Orthodox the
>"True Faith" then you are dwelling in error.

And of course, Robert, having that reading comprehension issue,
misses the point:

Everybody is convinced (even Robert) that they are following the
True Faith. (Regardless of which 'faith that might be: Judaism,
Christianity, Islam, Bahai, Zoroastrian, Marxism, Keto, Paleo,
Keto-Paleo, etc.)
Everyone is also convinced that some of their co-believers are at
best following the right path. Close they might, but not as devout /
gifted with the True Understanding / Belief as I am.
And last but not least, Everybody (even Robert) is convinced that
there are those, even of their co-religionists, who merely have a
religion.

Sigh.

He really needs to have his spiritual WiFi upgraded.

Dr. Who

Sep 27, 2022, 3:45:42 PM9/27/22
On Sep 27, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<kkd6jhpb49gp3gmrb...@4ax.com>):
Thank you for your honesty, and for speaking from your heart, as you
clarified your understanding.

However, your attempt to drag me down into your understanding is in error.
You see, by the Grace of God I have been Born Again and spirit filled. I, as
scripture says recognize the voice of my Shepherd, as he says, My sheep no my
voice, and another they will not follow.

Sadly, what you stated points out the hollowness of your superstitious
beliefs, as there is no basis that you can accept that will bring to your
understanding the reality of God. What religion will you next follow when you
see that reality, Hinduism?

“This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with
their lips; but their heart is far from me.” (Mat 15:8)

I pray that the scales of blindness fall from your eyes and that the full
truth of the Lord will be revealed unto you by His Grace that you might know
Him. Jesus. Not just know of him.

Dr. Who

Sep 29, 2022, 6:09:46 PM9/29/22
On Sep 16, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<68g9ihd27kvjscclf...@4ax.com>):

> > Trust not any person who claims to know things that cannot be verified
> > written in scripture.
>
> You do, of course, have scriptural proof of this doctrine?

2Ti 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good
works.

pyotr filipivich

Oct 9, 2022, 4:13:59 PM10/9/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Tue, 27 Sep 2022 12:45:40 -0700
typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Sep 27, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
>> Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:21:49 -0700
>> > On Sep 16, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
And now, Robert will repeat what I was saying, in more words,
blissfully unaware of his confirmation of the observation I'd been
making.

>However, your attempt to drag me down into your understanding is in error.
>You see, by the Grace of God I have been Born Again and spirit filled. I, as
>scripture says recognize the voice of my Shepherd, as he says, My sheep no my
>voice, and another they will not follow.

Yes, I understand completely.

"I (Robert) having been blessed by God, have the True Faith,"

>Sadly, what you stated points out the hollowness of your superstitious

And of cruse, every one who was not (like Robert) blessed with the
same revelation, " They have a religion."

>beliefs, as there is no basis that you can accept that will bring to your
>understanding the reality of God. What religion will you next follow when you
>see that reality, Hinduism?

And there he goes again, totally misunderstanding the point
raised. Oh well, OTOH, Robert does seem to be the one with the deep
understanding of Hinduism, so that he alone is able to spy out how all
those "religious" people have adopted it.

Toodles

Dr. Who

Oct 9, 2022, 9:08:53 PM10/9/22
On Oct 9, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<55a6kh927ulbufqb1...@4ax.com>):
Sorry for you, I fully understood your humanist point that you were making,
and that you were making it from the understanding of your mind which has
evidently never experienced the Spirit of God.

No man knows the things of God unless he is an adopted son.

1Co 2:11-16

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is
in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is
of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth,
but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for
they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are
spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of
no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we
have the mind of Christ.

> > However, your attempt to drag me down into your understanding is in error.
> > You see, by the Grace of God I have been Born Again and spirit filled. I, as
> > scripture says recognize the voice of my Shepherd, as he says, My sheep no
> > my voice, and another they will not follow.
>
> Yes, I understand completely.

Unfortunately you do not, you have the understanding of man, a religious man
perhaps, and subject to the religious whims of man as to you they are all as
meaningful as the other.

> "I (Robert) having been blessed by God, have the True Faith,"

Yes, I have been blessed of God. I have also been given the gift of Faith By
HIM.

> > Sadly, what you stated points out the hollowness of your superstitious
>
> And of cruse, every one who was not (like Robert) blessed with the
> same revelation, " They have a religion."

There are many like me, and there are many more like you. Take the Muslim for
instance.

> > beliefs, as there is no basis that you can accept that will bring to your
> > understanding the reality of God. What religion will you next follow when
> > you
> > see that reality, Hinduism?
>
> And there he goes again, totally misunderstanding the point
> raised. Oh well, OTOH, Robert does seem to be the one with the deep
> understanding of Hinduism, so that he alone is able to spy out how all
> those "religious" people have adopted it.

I did not misunderstand, I know you gave up another religion for the one you
say you are following now. How many more will you seek after you see the
vanity of the one you are following now?

I know from the hollowness of your words you have no solid base. You cannot
even explain what you believe and follow to other men or woman. Your soup de
jour has no meat to it.