Re: The Horrors of the Church and Its Holy Inquisition

pyotr filipivich

Sep 7, 2021, 10:17:03 AM9/7/21
Robert <i...@home.gov> on Mon, 06 Sep 2021 19:15:38 -0700 typed in
alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox the following:
>On Sep 6, 2021, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<055djgd0g89lf85ls...@4ax.com>):
>
>> servant wrote:
>>
>> > Leave it to good ole matt, its become almost a joke the way he brings up
>> > the topic repeatably. The obvious, he *never* mentions the portestant use
>> > of the same practices and same motivations with the start of that
>> > movement..
>> > Now why does matt mention only one historical arm of it? Ask him about
>> > personal behaviors the rcc condemns which might affect him.
>
>Notice the timeline pretty much ended at the time of Reformation.
>Meanwhile ALL those who were affected but knew no better, (because the Bible
>was kept out of the hands of the laity by the RC and Orthodox) the people
>were steeped in the teachings and actions of the RCC. So while the Reformed
>may have done similar things, it was the way they were trained and steeped
>in. As the Bible became more readily available because of the printing press,
>and people like Tyndall and others, they could then start seeing things as
>the blinders of the evil one was removed and the scales lifted off the eyes
>of the Born Again Believer, and God was once again enabled to work in the
>hearts of man.
>
>Out in the freedom of Christ we found out that Born Again Man is the Temple
>of God, and we are to treat our bodies and lives accordingly. The freedom
>grew way to big for the corrupted churches to handle or control.
>
>People found out about Faith in God, and not some institution of man, and
>were set free, FREE!
>>
>> Could it be because he is a liar, an ass hole and a troll?
>
>That was a very ungodly action.

And Robert (like matt) demonstrates again, why he is so often
baffled by the concept of how history would have any impact on
spirituality.

Because both are again raving away about historical events which
have nothing to do with Eastern Orthodoxy. Neither are obviously
uninterested in more than a superficial view of history based entirely
on his false premises. They just _know_ that Constantine established
the Roman Catholic Church in the third century, and that's all they
consider important. Their willful ignorance prevents them from ever
learning that the Roman Catholic Church as imagined had no influence
in the Eastern Roman Empire, had nothing to do with the Orthodox
Church, has nothing to do with the Orthodox Church, and will not have
anything to do with the Orthodox Church.

But what else can you expect from someone with no historical roots
to their religion?

--
For many "I am spiritual, not religious".seems the short form of
"I retain the option to adjust my beliefs to fit my lifestyle,

P+Barker

Sep 7, 2021, 5:43:00 PM9/7/21
On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 07:16:54 -0700, pyotr filipivich

> And Robert (like matt) demonstrates again, why he is so often
>baffled by the concept of how history would have any impact on
>spirituality.
>
> Because both are again raving away about historical events which
>have nothing to do with Eastern Orthodoxy. Neither are obviously
>uninterested in more than a superficial view of history based entirely
>on his false premises. They just _know_ that Constantine established
>the Roman Catholic Church in the third century, and that's all they
>consider important. Their willful ignorance prevents them from ever
>learning that the Roman Catholic Church as imagined had no influence
>in the Eastern Roman Empire, had nothing to do with the Orthodox
>Church, has nothing to do with the Orthodox Church, and will not have
>anything to do with the Orthodox Church.
>
> But what else can you expect from someone with no historical roots
>to their religion?

Good answer.

Matt

Sep 7, 2021, 6:11:04 PM9/7/21
On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 17:43:01 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Historical roots like Murder, theft, and pedophilia as we see within
the RCC?

P+Barker

Sep 8, 2021, 7:41:29 AM9/8/21
On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 15:11:02 -0700, Matt <trdel...@gmail.com>
Murder is not a historical root.
Unless we are talking about your family.
Catholics consider murder a "SIN."

pyotr filipivich

Sep 8, 2021, 9:38:42 AM9/8/21
Matt <trdel...@gmail.com> on Tue, 07 Sep 2021 15:11:02 -0700 typed
in alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox the following:
Ah, matt has to chime in with his invincible ignorance. Besides,
the issue is his lack of any historical connection to actual
historical events.

So matt, I say to you, as I've said to "Robert" in many of his
instantiations: Write this down where you can see it:

The Romans have not been part of the Orthodoxy since the 11th
Century.
The actions, dogmas and pronouncements of the Roman Catholic
Church have nothing to do with Orthodoxy.

You might also want to make note of the following as well:

Here are some objective realities. Aristotle was not Belgian!
The central message of Buddhism is not every man for himself!
And the London Underground is not a political movement!
--
pyotr filipivich
Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool,

Matt

Sep 8, 2021, 11:31:01 PM9/8/21
On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 07:41:30 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
So you claim.

>Unless we are talking about your family.

YAWN

>Catholics consider murder a "SIN."

Even when done to a heretic?

Matt

Sep 8, 2021, 11:34:38 PM9/8/21
Do I need to repost the history of evil done by the RCC?

> So matt, I say to you, as I've said to "Robert" in many of his
>instantiations: Write this down where you can see it:

OK.

> The Romans have not been part of the Orthodoxy since the 11th
>Century.
> The actions, dogmas and pronouncements of the Roman Catholic
>Church have nothing to do with Orthodoxy.

The Inquisition lsted far beyond the 11th century. Pedophilia
still is a problem.

P+Barker

Sep 9, 2021, 8:19:11 AM9/9/21
On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 20:34:41 -0700, Matt <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
The RCC does not do evil.
Some evil perps do evil things and BLAME it on the RCC.

Matt

Sep 9, 2021, 11:55:48 PM9/9/21
On Thu, 09 Sep 2021 08:19:13 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
The institution called the RCC has done much evil.

>Some evil perps do evil things and BLAME it on the RCC.

Wonder if the Nazi party can claim the same thing, maybe Hitler
learned his evil from Catholic Church to which he belonged. To him
the Jews were heretics.'
'

pyotr filipivich

Sep 11, 2021, 11:29:55 AM9/11/21
Matt <trdel...@gmail.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2021 20:34:41 -0700 typed
You will anyway, completely obvious to thee small minor detail
that what you post has nothing to do with the Orthodox Church. That
is the history of which you are blindly and obstinatley ignorant of.

>> So matt, I say to you, as I've said to "Robert" in many of his
>>instantiations: Write this down where you can see it:
>
> OK.
>

>> The Romans have not been part of the Orthodoxy since the 11th
>>Century.
>> The actions, dogmas and pronouncements of the Roman Catholic
>>Church have nothing to do with Orthodoxy.
>
> The Inquisition lsted far beyond the 11th century. Pedophilia
>still is a problem.

Still unable to parse a sentence eh Matt old sock? The activities
of the roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with the Orthodox
Church.

Specifically, your obsession with the Roman Catholic Inquisition
is your hobby horse, and not relevant at all to the Orthodox Church.

Not that I expect you to understand that, you have your beliefs
and stick by them regardless of what the history actual was.

Matt

Sep 11, 2021, 1:23:14 PM9/11/21
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 08:29:51 -0700, pyotr filipivich
Are you referring to the Orthodox Catholic Church?

> Specifically, your obsession with the Roman Catholic Inquisition
>is your hobby horse, and not relevant at all to the Orthodox Church.

If you are referring to the Orthodox Catholic Church one reason for
the split was over the claimed power of the Popes.

> Not that I expect you to understand that, you have your beliefs
>and stick by them regardless of what the history actual was.

Then explain.