Re: Greater works shall you do and why for the Born Again believer.

1 view

Dr. Who

Sep 27, 2022, 3:21:28 PM9/27/22
On Sep 27, 2022, servant wrote
(in article<63332323$0$2255$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):

> Robert/dr. who having not learned his amateur lone bible reader mistake of
> not heeding to whom and in what time reference some scripture is intended;
> tries another bite of the apple. Alas he repeats the same mistake and
> makes it worse by adding another kind of mistake:
>
> > Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that
> > I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I
> > go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that
> > the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my
> > name, I will do it.

Why did you delete the scripture reference? It was (Joh 14:12-14) .

> > Jesus lies not. Put no time Frame on this.
> >
> > Where is your excuse for lack of Faith now?
>
> His repeated mistake, Christ is there speaking to the apostles only just
> before the Ascension and speaking of those things the apostles will indeed
> do in their lifetimes. It is not a universal for all time declaration to
> all believers for the next 2000 years.

It truly is a shame to have to point out to any who read this thread of your
disdain for the Word of the Lord to men. Which you have consistently done in
the name of traditional religion, and not from a Godly heart.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I
do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go
unto my Father.” (Joh 14:12)

#1 "He" is not you the disciples, for that would assume to say per your
argument, that the disciples would be the only believers in Jesus. He
obviously includes ALL who believe on him.

#2 "He" that believes on Jesus will also do the works that Jesus did, plus do
greater works than Jesus because he goes to the Father. Plus, he is still
there on our behalf as High Priest for the Believers.

So why you are a willing seed of doubt sower for the evil one is beyond me,
but that is your choice.

> The second kind of mistake; the above scripture bit is one the wwof gurus
> use to justify a very new "theory of scripture" invention of the 1950's.
> In short, if one uses in prayer the correct word formula; one will compell
> God to provide any requested wealth/health desired.

This has also been shown to be a distortion of facts as well as a theory
generated by yourself over the past several years. To now attempt to morph
into your theory of lies, the work of God through men, as spoken by Jesus
will rest on your shoulders any who read, and believe your deceit. Those who
could have been healed of various things, or could have received of God his
varied blessings but will not because they accepted your theory of doubt will
be yours to take to the grave unless you repent and publicly state so, as you
publicly sinned.

> His added amateur mistake is to accept an isolated bit of scripture as a
> new "theory of scripture"; pouring it backward 2000 years
> willy nilly.

An amateur I may be, as there is so much to learn of God by his spirit. Yet I
have shown you various other such words of God taken from scripture, which
you mentioned above as this just being one more "mistake" of mine. These are
indeed the words of the Lord, and not my own. I cannot take any credit for
any of the words, only of bringing them forward, and openly doing so right
along with the scriptural reference so that others can look it up and verify
it all.

Dr. Who

Sep 27, 2022, 9:35:47 PM9/27/22
On Sep 27, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<e66f293e-8dfe-426c...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 5:21:28 AM UTC+10, Dr. Who wrote:
> > On Sep 27, 2022, servant wrote
> > (in article<63332323$0$2255$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):
> > > Robert/dr. who having not learned his amateur lone bible reader mistake of
> > > not heeding to whom and in what time reference some scripture is intended;
> > > tries another bite of the apple. Alas he repeats the same mistake and
> > > makes it worse by adding another kind of mistake:

> > Why did you delete the scripture reference? It was (Joh 14:12-14) .

> > > His repeated mistake, Christ is there speaking to the apostles only just
> > > before the Ascension and speaking of those things the apostles will indeed
> > > do in their lifetimes. It is not a universal for all time declaration to
> > > all believers for the next 2000 years.
>
> That makes the most sense to me as it preserves His flow of thought in His
> discourse, and also with McGee's POV cited below.

By that token then all of christianity is not privileged to "mansions built
for us in his fathers house.
Not privileged to know God the Father, not privileged to any of the miracles
of God as all the Apostles have long since gone to be with the Father. Also,
whatever you ask in the name of Jesus? It likewise was only for them. We
cannot cherry pick verses as you all are apt to say, yet that is just what
you are doing, are you not?

Also, who was the crowd Jesus was speaking to? This whole chapter he was
speaking to the disciples, including the sinner that dwelt among them.

According to you all, we are a lost people, consigned to hell.

Do you catch my drift on your statement? The Comforter would also likewise be
solely for them, not you, not anyone. Personally I cannot accept that
doctrine of yours as God is no respecter of person and what you described he
was being very selective. Also that would mean that ALL the disciples telling
others these things would be teaching a false gospel, since all they could do
was preach and do miracles and healings. Thus aliening the problems of the
people for that generation, fortunately even history does not bear that out.

> > It truly is a shame to have to point out to any who read this thread of your
> > disdain for the Word of the Lord to men. Which you have consistently done in
> > the name of traditional religion, and not from a Godly heart.
> >
> > “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I
> > do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go
> > unto my Father.” (Joh 14:12)
> >
> > #1 "He" is not you the disciples, for that would assume to say per your
> > argument, that the disciples would be the only believers in Jesus. He
> > obviously includes ALL who believe on him.
> >
> > #2 "He" that believes on Jesus will also do the works that Jesus did, plus
> > do
> > greater works than Jesus because he goes to the Father. Plus, he is still
> > there on our behalf as High Priest for the Believers.
> >
> > So why you are a willing seed of doubt sower for the evil one is beyond me,
> > but that is your choice.
>
> Jesus' discourse, here is specifically directed to His Disciples. He is no
> longer speaking to the crowds that He did earlier in His ministry. He is
> preparing His Disciples for what lies ahead after His death and resurrection.

Goodie for them, bad for you and me, as I said up above, you/we cannot have
any of those things Jesus mentioned as he was preparing them for his
departure. I also would guess that the new commandment he gave out then
applies solely to the Disciples present at the meeting, and come to think of
it, from what you said, then Matthew and Paul, the last two apostles, who
were not there, did and taught the people inappropriately as they were doing
things that was not their right to do.

Do you see the rock strewn road that you opened up?

> On juxtaposing the third-person pronoun "he" for the second-person pronoun
> "you" in this passage McGee notes -
> "... when our Lord was down here on this earth, He performed tremendous works
> and miracles. These Apostles to whom He spoke did the same things. They
> healed the sick and raised the dead ...". All of which see unfolding in Acts.

So did Stephen the martyr as I had mentioned earlier. He was a deacon.
McGee did not say that these things spoken of to the disciples was only for
those that were before him, as I pointed out earlier when I extrapolated your
understanding to the ever to be lost, masses.

Is there a reason why you would prefer things be the way you describe them?

Dr. Who

Sep 28, 2022, 7:21:23 PM9/28/22
On Sep 28, 2022, servant wrote
(in article<63345f1a$0$2254$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):

> > > Robert/dr. who having not learned his amateur lone bible reader mistake of
> > > not heeding to whom and in what time reference some scripture is intended;
> > > tries another bite of the apple. Alas he repeats the same mistake and
> > > makes it worse by adding another kind of mistake:

> > > name, I will do it.> Joh 14:12-14

> > > His repeated mistake, Christ is there speaking to the apostles only just
> > > before the Ascension and speaking of those things the apostles will indeed
> > > do in their lifetimes. It is not a universal for all time declaration to
> > > all believers for the next 2000 years.
> Robert/dr. who tries a come back and only triples down on his lone ranger
> bible reader mistakes:
> >
> > Verily verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I
> > do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go
> > unto my Father.â (Joh 14:12)
> >
> > #1 "He" is not you the disciples, for that would assume to say per your
> > argument, that the disciples would be the only believers in Jesus. He
> > obviously includes ALL who believe on him.

For your clarification, "I say unto you" Jesus is speaking to the disciples.
Yes.

Then he said, "He that believeth on me" which did NOT infer the disciples
only, but ALL the He's that believe on Jesus. And then Jesus explained what
can and will happen in with ALL those "He's" tjhat believe upon him, and why/

> > #2 "He" that believes on Jesus will also do the works that Jesus did, plus
> > do greater works than Jesus because he goes to the Father. Plus, he is still
> > there on our behalf as High Priest for the Believers.
> Sorry bub, repeating a mistake does not make it true; in the verses just
> before this we find this discourse being given at the last supper; apostles
> only, no? Playing around with pronouns in english translation is only part
> of the lone ranger bible readers confusion

Your lack of reading comprehension does not the truth make.

> Also the 2nd kind of lone ranger bible reader mistake is repeated,ie.
> current mistaken reading is poured backward into scripture that does not
> logiggly contain it.

Now you sound like the giggly Kamala VP.

> > > The second kind of mistake; the above scripture bit is one the wwof gurus
> > > use to justify a very new "theory of scripture" invention of the 1950's.
> > > In short, if one uses in prayer the correct word formula; one will compell
> > > God to provide any requested wealth/health desired.
> >
> > into your theory of lies, the work of God through men, as spoken by Jesus
> > could have been healed of various things, or could have received of God his
> > varied blessings but will not because they accepted your theory of doubt
> > will
>
> Bingo, exact confirmation of what the wof guru new "theory of scripture"
> says.

You have shown no evidence of that, only your doubting spirit. You have a
right to refuse and or renounce all the blessings of Jesus Christ, but you do
not have the right before God to attempt to confuse others or sow the seeds
of doubt as an advocate of the evil one.

Dr. Who

Sep 28, 2022, 9:22:07 PM9/28/22
On Sep 28, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<220b4a16-1753-482c...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 1:55:47 PM UTC+10, Dr. Who wrote:
> > On Sep 27, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
> > (in article<1bba21d0-6659-47a6...@googlegroups.com>):
>
> [mega chop]
> > > When "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not
> > > be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth." 2Ti 2:15, we should at
> > > least
> > > endeavour to allow scripture to speak for itself on its own term - e.g. not
> > > reading in what it wants to convey i.e. we should not make it say what it
> > > doesn't say.
> > What are you attempting to infer now? When you took what you said earlier,
> > and put the rest of what Christ said into that same context you could see
> > what the outcome of that doctrine was. Does it fit?
>
> As I've said in past - to allow scripture to speak for itself on its own
> terms, not what we bring to it.
> Not finding proof-texts that fit pre-texts.

You are inferring something that you showed no evidence of.

> > Did you attempt to "reason together"?
> > >

> > > For that reason, we consider the context and purpose of the text before us
> > > for starters.
> > > The problem with the material we have here is an account or narrative of
> > > events leading up to His Death and resurrection.
> > Are you inferring that this event shades what Jesus really meant to say?
> > That the stress was to great?
>
> It's just that the literary genre of the gospels as accounts and narratives
> focuses on what happened; far different from the deeper doctrinal
> considerations that the epistles present.

Then show it, don't just accuse the texts of it. Show it from the word of
God, I am all ears.

What you are attempting to say is that these are special people, and all that
Christ did and taught was for their ears and their privileges alone. Leaving
all of humanity to suffer, and die without any hope. So was God just rubing
it in to all of humanity that was born after their deaths? Like, neener,
neener, neener? And contrary to the written word was this then only for the
Jews of that day?.

> > > We should never extract a universal application from a particular - it's
> > > poorreasoning skills.
> > In Greek, as in English the word "all" means "all" Would ups not agree?
>
> Absolutely. In this upper room discourse tends to refer to "all these things"
> the Holy Ghost with remind the Disciples about.
>
> Jesus uses the Semitic parallel whereby the third-person "he" in His upper
> room discourse is juxtaposed with "you" i.e. the Disciples.

You have not shown that. Why is it that the Lord by His Spirit has shown me
what I know, and verified all that were applicable in my life. Contrary to
your suppositions? Yeah, I know pyotr loves to mock the "wifi" of God,
meaning the Holy Spirit of The Almighty.but what about you?

As an aside,“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall
believe on me through their word;” (Joh 17:20)

Likewise what he taught them was for us also. You can try gymnastic games
with words and substitute you for he, but who are you fooling? By doing so
you can destroy the entire word of God, and for whose benefit are you doing
so?

Now, none of the hierarchy of the RCC can claim that the Holy Spirit was
involved in any of their decisions, teachings, doctrines, etc. Are you
comfortable with that?

What do you do with parts of the OT that teach or prophesy the Gospel message
for "ALL" people.

> > Just as in Joel, the former rain and the latter rain clearly states two
> > evens, does in not?
>
> Absolutely. It's the principle text for the movement see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Rain_%28post%E2%80%93World_War_II_movemen
> t%29 or https://www.gotquestions.org/latter-rain-movement.html .

Men have made many mistakes in their assumptions just as you are doing in
this case.

Did you know that the time of the outpouring of the latter rain was
specified?

> > > For instance -
> > > - apples are red therefore all apples are red
> > > - Jesus frequents synagogues so should we
> > > - Jesus chose 12 Disciples so should we
> > Really?
> > >
> > > - Jesus and His Disciples observed Jewish festivals such as Passover so
> > > should we
> > > - etc.
> > Are you a Jew? Were they not all practicing Jews at the time? Clearly they
> > and us are under a different Covenant.
> >
> > Now, I asked you a few questions in my last post, of which this post of
> > yours is a reply to. Where are your answers to my questions?
>
> I'm not always online nor constantly watching the newsgroups.
> When I get on, I often find it hard to locate where I left off esp when
> participants have been busy.
> I have better things to do with my time.

Then why post, you read the questions put to you in this thread, you replied
to the posts that had them incorporated in them, therefore your excuse just
above is simply a ruse, deceptive, since in the case of the thread you simply
bypassed them.

> > I know you are 99% of the time refuse to answer any questions, it does not a
> > conversation make.
> >
> > Nevertheless, thank you for sharing the proof that the Current Jewish new
> > year is of men, not God.
>
> As far as I know -
> - the 1st month Nisan marks the Passover [Exo 12:1-2] and is the start of the
> ecclesiastical year
> - the 7th month Tishrei marks the creation of Adam and Eve [Gen 1:27] which
> is the start of the civil year.

So one is a new year ordained of our Heavenly Father, the other ordained of
men.

As to Adam and Eve. That is ridiculous. While the days of Adam and Eve might
have been made up by man, it was still not of God. Its a bit like the
beginning of the worshiping of Mary 400 years ir more after the resurrection
of Christ.

I Get you,...

“Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn
away.” (2Ti 3:5)

Dr. Who

Sep 29, 2022, 12:04:47 AM9/29/22
On Sep 28, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<b48c610c-65da-4646...@googlegroups.com>):
> Jewish months, of course, are based on the lunar cycles.

They followed the monthly cycles, or course, yet the beginning and ends of
the months were by the Jewish Priests. Along with the years that had extra
months.

> > So one is a new year ordained of our Heavenly Father, the other ordained of
> > men.
> >
> > As to Adam and Eve. That is ridiculous. While the days of Adam and Eve might
> > have been made up by man, it was still not of God. Its a bit like the
> > beginning of the worshiping of Mary 400 years ir more after the resurrection
> > of Christ.
>
> I'm not sure why we need to be so fussed about the calendars.

You don't have to, you can be surprised and or caught unawares and
unprepared.

> It seems the apostolic church was caught up with such matters so that the
> epistles offer these exhortations -

Apostolic church as oppose the the Body of Christ, the Ekklesia?

> " ... one man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day
> alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
> He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth
> not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it." Rom 14:5-6ff.

Yes, however that is quite a different topic.

> "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an
> holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days...". Col_2:16.

Cherry picking verses to support and out of context view? Other than the
possible argument over Sat and Sun, are there other categories for the days
of the week other than perhaps fish Fridays?