More of Old and New

Robert

Jan 27, 2024, 5:29:15 PMJan 27
Old Testament.

“Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy
manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.” (Neh 9:20)

“According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of
Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.” (Hag 2:5)

“And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the
spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the
burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.” (Num
11:17)

The Spirit of God has always been upon men who followed God, and were
anointed, whether they be kings, priests, prophets, etc. God used the Spirit
to communicate to men to instruct, to teach, for things of the future, or
guidance for the circumstances of the day.

However, he did not dwell within the hearts of all his people at that time.
They would be anointed for a purpose or task, and the Spirit of God could be
withdrawn at any time. There is however, a lot more to this relationship of
God with men at that time and is not as simplistic as it may seem in what
little I have shown from the OT Scriptures above. There is tons more that we
can learn from, as well as gain understanding of Gods relationship with men.

For instance, God sent Jonah to the Nineties to warn them of their impending
doom if they did not repent of their extremely wicked ways, and those were
Gentiles not Jews.

They repented and the whole area was changed in a matter of Days. So yes, God
did care for all people.

************************

In the New Covenant, we have the same God, the same promises, but a much,
much better covenant. All the bet of God they had, we have better. In regards
to the spirit of God, he now indwells the hearts of men who have been Born
Again. We are all to be Kings and priests before the Lord. No more called
servants, but friends of Him. We can still serve God with all our hearts, as
well we should, but as friends.

God has gifted us by the Spirit to enable us, comfort us, instruct us, etc.
etc. with the same power as it took to raise Jesus from the dead. He will not
take his spirit from us, as he has promised to never leave us. He knows our
weaknesses, as he dwelt here upon this earth just like any other man, subject
to the same trials and tribulations as we, he also had a work ethic as a
carpenter that he held to. So he is more than aware of what you are going
through since he walked in our shoes. Fact is, I have no doubt that he was
tried even greater than all of us, as he knew what was coming and Satan tried
to offer him an easy way out, but for the Love of men and His Heavenly Father
he refused lest we all be destined for hell with no opportunity to escape.

If the least amongst us is greater than the greatest prophet that ever lived,
then we are all living well below the Standard of our King, Jesus. If we were
to walk in the spirit we shall not sin, but that requires setting aside our
carnal selves and walking as if we really are committed to Jesus. So that
whatever we set out hands to do it will be as if we are in reality working
for Him and not your boss, or money, etc.

Remember, we are His representatives on earth, we are to bring honor and
glory to Him. And not act like a bunch of pseudo religious self-righteous
bigots.

Our King Jesus healed ALL, and in Greek it meant ALL, who came or were
brought to him for deliverance, healing and restoration of our Body, Soul,
and Spirit.

“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the
glory of God by us. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath
anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the
Spirit in our hearts. Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to
spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth. Not for that we have dominion over
your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.”

(2Co 1:20-24)

Michael Christ

Jan 27, 2024, 6:15:03 PMJan 27
Yeah, a "I read my bible and I say what I am," sinner.

Good luck with that.

Michael Christ

--
God is God

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that you could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
order to explain the existence of existence.

"Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

"Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
 What a gift in a fallen world!"

"Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

"Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
the glory of God"

"God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
road."

"It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
punished; it is what you are left with."

"Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
birth it in a man."

"The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is
self-righteousness."

"A sinner is not a believer in God, a sinner is a believer in sin."

"A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

"It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

"The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

"There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

"There is no such thing as random!"

"You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

"No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
you know nothing."

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."