Hold Fast to the Love of God

Weedy

Feb 4, 2023, 3:29:47 AM2/4/23
Hold Fast to the Love of God

"Real love of God will not be in you if the love of the world prevails
in you. Hold fast rather to the love of God, so that as God is eternal
you too will live forever. For each of us is such as our love is.

Do you love the world? Then you will be the earth. Do you love God?
What shall I say? That you will be a god? I dare not say this on my
own authority, and so let us hear Holy Scripture: 'I have said: you
are gods and all of you children of the Most High.'"
--St. Augustine--Sermon on John 2, 8

Prayer: Lord, teach me what I should teach, teach me what I should hold fast.
--St. Augustine--Letter 166, 10