If you come in contact with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Michael Christ

Jan 27, 2024, 7:38:34 PMJan 27
It feels like your world is caving in, and it is.

Think of Peter from your bible of information and facts...

Mat_26:75  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him,
Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and
wept bitterly.

The Lord's burden is light and His yoke is easy, but you in your sin
state make a mountain out of a mole-hill.

What is it to bend your knee? That is nothing, but the sinner scratches
and claws and wrestles in the dirt of his thinking rather than simply
bending his knee.

But not all, some choose. Many are asked to, but few choose. "For many
are called, but few are chosen."

Michael Christ

--
God is God

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that you could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
order to explain the existence of existence.

"Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

"Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
 What a gift in a fallen world!"

"Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

"Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
the glory of God"

"God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
road."

"It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
punished; it is what you are left with."

"Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
birth it in a man."

"The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is
self-righteousness."

"A sinner is not a believer in God, a sinner is a believer in sin."

"A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

"It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

"The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

"There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

"There is no such thing as random!"

"You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

"No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
you know nothing."

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

Dawn Flood

Jan 28, 2024, 4:46:23 AMJan 28
On 1/27/2024 6:38 PM, Michael Christ wrote:
> It feels like your world is caving in, and it is.
>
> Think of Peter from your bible of information and facts...
>
> Mat_26:75  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him,
> Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and
> wept bitterly.
>
> The Lord's burden is light and His yoke is easy, but you in your sin
> state make a mountain out of a mole-hill.
>
> What is it to bend your knee? That is nothing, but the sinner scratches
> and claws and wrestles in the dirt of his thinking rather than simply
> bending his knee.
>
> But not all, some choose. Many are asked to, but few choose. "For many
> are called, but few are chosen."

Michael,

Honey, listen to me! Okay?

Jesus is dead. In fact, Jesus is in a state that is worse than death;
Jesus is in a state of extreme decomposition. We are not going to meet
Jesus, ever. At most a few molecules of air and water here & there that
Jesus imbued we will imbue.

Dawn

Skeeter

Jan 28, 2024, 11:02:43 AMJan 28
In article <up57pc$3rjit$1...@dont-email.me>, Dawn.Bel...@gmail.com
says...
How do you know? Have you been to his grave?

Robert

Jan 28, 2024, 11:09:53 AMJan 28
On Jan 28, 2024, Dawn Flood wrote
(in article <up57pc$3rjit$1...@dont-email.me>):
Historical proof from eye witnesses of the risen Christ, regarding the body
of Jesus. Plus the first one who saw his resurrected body was a woman.

“But Mary stood outside the tomb weeping. As she wept, she bent down and
looked into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white sitting where Jesus’
body had been lying, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her,
“Woman, why are you weeping?” Mary replied, “They have taken my Lord
away, and I do not know where they have put him!” When she had said this,
she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not know that it
was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you
looking for?” Because she thought he was the gardener, she said to him,
“Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I
will take him.” Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him
in Aramaic, “Rabboni” (which means Teacher). Jesus replied, “Do not
touch me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father. Go to my brothers and
tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your
God.’” Mary Magdalene came and informed the disciples, “I have seen the
Lord!” And she told them what Jesus had said to her.” (Jhn 20:11-18)

*****

“Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is
no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh
righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the
children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and
began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed
Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing
good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews,
and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the
third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses
chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he
rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to
testify that it ishe which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and
dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever
believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” (Act 10:34-43)

********

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto
you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are
saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed
in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received,
how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he
was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen
of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto
this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James;
then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one
born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to
be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the
grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not
in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the
grace of God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or they, so we
preach, and so ye believed.” (1Co 15:1-11)

These things I know and believe as I have had a personal experiential
relationship with him, and it is ongoing to this day,

Jack Sovalot

Jan 28, 2024, 11:37:00 AMJan 28
Some of Jesus's disciples thought they saw him alive after he died.
That's the extent of the "historical proof".

> “But Mary stood outside the tomb weeping. As she wept, she bent down
> and looked into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white sitting
> where Jesus’ body had been lying, one at the head and one at the
> feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” Mary replied,
> “They have taken my Lord away, and I do not know where they have put
> him!” When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus
> standing there, but she did not know that it was Jesus.

These passages describing the resurrected Jesus as not immediately
recognizable are intriguing. There's another one in John and one in
Luke. They're certainly old traditions that nobody would have made up,
i.e. there's some truth in them.

> Jesus said to
> her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?” Because
> she thought he was the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have
> carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will take
> him.” Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him in
> Aramaic, “Rabboni” (which means Teacher). Jesus replied, “Do not
> touch me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father. Go to my brothers
> and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my
> God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene came and informed the disciples,
> “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them what Jesus had said to
> her.” (Jhn 20:11-18)

All traditions recorded decades later. IOW mostly made up.

> *****
>
> “Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that
> God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth
> him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which
> God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus
> Christ: (he is Lord of all:) That word, I say, ye know, which was
> published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the
> baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with
> the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing
> all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we
> are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the
> Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

This is one of the reasons the Jehovah's Witnesses believe he wasn't
killed on a cross.

> Him God
> raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the
> people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did
> eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded
> us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it ishe which was
> ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all
> the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in
> him shall receive remission of sins.” (Act 10:34-43)

Ancient authors had no choice but to paraphrase speeches. And we know
that Luke was a bit liberal with his additions. But whether or not
Peter really said all of that is moot.

> ********
>
> “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached
> unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which
> also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you,
> unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of
> all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins
> according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose
> again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was
> seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above
> five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto
> this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of
> James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me
> also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the
> apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I
> persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am:
> and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I
> laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of
> God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or they, so we
> preach, and so ye believed.” (1Co 15:1-11)

Paul certainly believed everything he wrote. So he must have heard
somewhere that 500 people saw the resurrected Jesus. But that certainly
wasn't a common tradition, or the gospel authors would have mentioned
it too.

> These things I know and believe as I have had a personal experiential
> relationship with him, and it is ongoing to this day,

And I have a personal relationship with the FSM. Who can doubt it?

Jack Sovalot

Jan 28, 2024, 2:38:45 PMJan 28
Mitchell Holman wrote:

> "Jack Sovalot" <hee-pw...@jack.sovalot> wrote in news:JovtN.202177
> $vFZa....@fx13.iad:
> That is the part that mystifies me.
> If God sent Jesus to Earth to preach a
> message for all mankind, then:
>
> 1) Why do it in a backwater like Judea?
> Rome was hub of civilized world why not
> start there"

Excellent point.

> 2) If the gospels were so vital
> why did Jesus make no effort to write
> them down? Even Buddha and Muhammed
> employed scribes to record what they
> said for posterity. Not a word from
> Jesus was written until some 40 years
> later by old men on their deathbeds.
> Can you remember conversations you
> heard 40 years ago with any accuracy?

Exactly. Another excellent point.

> 3) And as for the resurrection,
> can we really trust an account that
> includes an earthquake, an eclipse,
> and hundreds of dead Jews rising from
> their graves and wandering the streets
> of Jerusalem? None of which was mentioned
> in Roman accounts of the day.

LOL. The gospel post-resurrection are practically all bullshit.

Michael Christ

Jan 28, 2024, 4:51:57 PMJan 28
Then all you are is a few molecules of air and water, and nothing more,
so how were you able to place yourself at the Everest of all understanding?

Pudding, you are in for a big surprise.

Surprises are a part of life, aren't they? Or are they just a few
molecules too?

Michael Christ

Jan 28, 2024, 5:27:27 PMJan 28
It is an admission of His existence, but through the awesome power of
"knowing a little bit of science" it is a refutation of all He said and did.

A monumental presence of power has been seen here today with the sweep
of the hand! No doubt in 2000 years the "Hand of Dawn" will still be
hallowed and reverberating throughout the world.

Andrew

Jan 28, 2024, 7:17:38 PMJan 28
"Dawn Flood" wrote in message news:up57pc$3rjit$1...@dont-email.me...

> Honey, listen to me! Okay?
>
> Jesus is dead. In fact, Jesus is in a state that is worse than death;
> Jesus is in a state of extreme decomposition. We are not going to meet
> Jesus, ever. At most a few molecules of air and water here & there that
> Jesus imbued we will imbue.
>
> Dawn

He WAS dead, but was resurrected by the power of God.
We now have empirical evidence from science that Jesus
was in fact resurrected.

Would you be interested to examine this evidence, Dawn?
Or would it interfere with your preconceive philosophical
biases? In which case it would testify that you esteem your
biases of greater value than truth.

Michael Christ

Jan 28, 2024, 9:05:03 PMJan 28
On 29/01/2024 6:02 am, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> "Jack Sovalot" <hee-pw...@jack.sovalot> wrote in news:JovtN.202177
> $vFZa....@fx13.iad:
>
> That is the part that mystifies me.
> If God sent Jesus to Earth to preach a
> message for all mankind, then:
>
> 1) Why do it in a backwater like Judea?
> Rome was hub of civilized world why not
> start there"
>
> 2) If the gospels were so vital
> why did Jesus make no effort to write
> them down? Even Buddha and Muhammed
> employed scribes to record what they
> said for posterity. Not a word from
> Jesus was written until some 40 years
> later by old men on their deathbeds.
> Can you remember conversations you
> heard 40 years ago with any accuracy?
>
> 3) And as for the resurrection,
> can we really trust an account that
> includes an earthquake, an eclipse,
> and hundreds of dead Jews rising from
> their graves and wandering the streets
> of Jerusalem? None of which was mentioned
> in Roman accounts of the day.

Just come out of the closet, Mitchy.

Robert

Jan 29, 2024, 3:42:18 AMJan 29
On Jan 28, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <63ytN.65973$IfLe....@fx36.iad>):
> > down >> and looked into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white
> > sitting >> where Jesus’ body had been lying, one at the head and
> > one at the >> feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you
> > weeping?†Mary replied,
> > put >> him!†When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus
> > >

> > > These passages describing the resurrected Jesus as not immediately
> > > recognizable are intriguing. There's another one in John and one in
> > > Luke. They're certainly old traditions that nobody would have made
> > > up, i.e. there's some truth in them.

> > Because
> > have >> carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will
> > take >> him.†Jesus said to her, “Mary.†She turned and said
> > him in >> Aramaic, “Rabboni†(which means Teacher). Jesus
> > replied, “Do not >> touch me, for I have not yet ascended to my
> > Father. Go to my brothers >> and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my
> > Father and your Father, to my >> God and your God.’†Mary
> > Magdalene came and informed the disciples,
> > to >> her.†(Jhn 20:11-18)
> > >

> > > All traditions recorded decades later. IOW mostly made up.
> >

> > That is the part that mystifies me.
> > If God sent Jesus to Earth to preach a
> > message for all mankind, then:
> >
> > 1) Why do it in a backwater like Judea?
> > Rome was hub of civilized world why not
> > start there"

Two reasons, Judah was a center point of trade most all good from east to
west and vice versa went through there.

Yet the primary reason was that the message of the Gospel was to be given to
the Jews who were his chosen people. The promise was given to them. When they
refused it Jesus told his disciples as they were then authorized to teach the
Gentiles like they did the Jews, that they were still supposed to go to the
Jew first as they were the people of Promise and then to the Gentile.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 29, 2024, 9:28:52 AMJan 29
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
God did not foresee that?

Odd........

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 10:01:11 AMJan 29
Thanks for explaining that, Robert.

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 10:02:21 AMJan 29
LOL. Omniscience goes only so far, apparently.

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 1:07:35 PMJan 29
Robert wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
> (in article <JovtN.202177$vFZa....@fx13.iad>):
> All of them walked with him, were taught by him. Were empowered by
> his and some were told their final end in this life. They did the
> same works as he did, and more. It was recorded in scripture and thus
> historically.
> >

> > > “But Mary stood outside the tomb weeping. As she wept, she bent
> > > down and looked into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white
> > > sitting where Jesus’ body had been lying, one at the head and one
> > > at the feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” Mary
> > > replied, “They have taken my Lord away, and I do not know where
> > > they have put him!” When she had said this, she turned around and
> > > saw Jesus standing there, but she did not know that it was Jesus.
> >
> > These passages describing the resurrected Jesus as not immediately
> > recognizable are intriguing. There's another one in John and one in
> > Luke. They're certainly old traditions that nobody would have made
> > up, i.e. there's some truth in them.
>
> Think about it, Jesus was beaten with a cat of nine tails 40 lashes
> which destroyed his back, he was beaten so badly that he didn’t even
> appear human. Everyone saw that. And that was the way he was buried.
> On the third day Mary M was the first to see him and assumed he was
> the gardener, so well did he look, and the first two to speak with
> him as they walked down a road didn’t even recognize him physically
> when he returned from Heaven.
>
> Had you been there and saw all that what would you have expected?

Okay, good point.

> > > Jesus said to
> > > her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?”
> > > Because she thought he was the gardener, she said to him, “Sir,
> > > if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and
> > > I will take him.” Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said
> > > to him in Aramaic, “Rabboni” (which means Teacher). Jesus
> > > replied, “Do not touch me, for I have not yet ascended to my
> > > Father. Go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my
> > > Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene
> > > came and informed the disciples, “I have seen the Lord!” And she
> > > told them what Jesus had said to her.” (Jhn 20:11-18)
> >
> > All traditions recorded decades later. IOW mostly made up.
>
> But this was not ever a tradition, it has never been repeated. It was
> a one time event.

I mean the details. They were made up as the years went along.

> Plato’s writings were written 600 or so years after his death. Who
> disputes that those were his actual writings of thoughts?

Skepticism is warranted there too.
> Luke, a physician, wrote the events of the day, interviewed Mary the
> Mother of Jesus, went with Paul and recorded much of what was
> happening.
>
> However, I can personally attest to the fact that once a person has
> had an experiential event with God you cannot take that reality from
> them as they know that they know, that they know the reality of God,
> the God of the Bible in their lives, and that the Bible comes alive
> to them and it is no longer a religious chore to read.

You can see that it's true? What sort of experiential event?

> > > ********
> > >
> > > “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
> > > preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye
> > > stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> > > preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I
> > > delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how
> > > that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And
> > > that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
> > > according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then
> > > of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred
> > > brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this
> > > present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of
> > > James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of
> > > me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of
> > > the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I
> > > persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I
> > > am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
> > > but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the
> > > grace of God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or
> > > they, so we preach, and so ye believed.” (1Co 15:1-11)
> >
> > Paul certainly believed everything he wrote. So he must have heard
> > somewhere that 500 people saw the resurrected Jesus. But that
> > certainly wasn't a common tradition, or the gospel authors would
> > have mentioned it too.
>
> The believing community was a tight knit bunch and shared everything
> at that time.. However, Paul was taught of no man. Hr spent three
> years in the desert and was taught by the Lord. Paul stated truths of
> God clearer than most others did, for that reason.
>
> God reveals himself to his followers.

And that's why Paul knew of the 500 but nobody else did. LOL.

> > > These things I know and believe as I have had a personal
> > > experiential relationship with him, and it is ongoing to this day,
> >
> > And I have a personal relationship with the FSM. Who can doubt it?
>
> Whatever that is. And why should people doubt it? Many are lead by

*led* (sorry, I don't usually correct spelling errors, but this one is
a personal pet peeve)

> deceiving spirits, possessed by devils. Those with suicidal ideations
> are all being tempted by satan.
>
> There is a spiritual world, and a spiritual war going on.

It would be so cool if that were true. But it can't be believed. Mainly
because there doesn't exist a testable theory.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 29, 2024, 1:17:38 PMJan 29
"Jack Sovalot" <hee-pw...@jack.sovalot> wrote in news:%5PtN.409350
$83n7....@fx18.iad:
Virtually everything God does in
the Bible is fix a problem he failed
to foresee.

Skeeter

Jan 29, 2024, 2:04:33 PMJan 29
In article <XnsB1087E0129BBC...@69.80.102.21>,
noe...@verizon.net says...
> >> white >> > sitting >> where Jesus� body had been lying, one
> >> at the >> > head and one at the >> feet. They said to her,
> >> ââ?¬Å?Woman, why >> > are you weeping?ââ?¬ Mary replied,
> >> saw >> > Jesus

> >> Jesus >> > > > had said

> >> God did not foresee that?
> >>
> >> Odd........
> >>

> > LOL. Omniscience goes only so far, apparently.
>

> Virtually everything God does in
> the Bible is fix a problem he failed
> to foresee.

Name them all.

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 2:36:28 PMJan 29
Moses once kept him from making a serious PR blunder. Exodus 32:12-14.

Michael Christ

Jan 29, 2024, 8:10:06 PMJan 29
>> white >> > sitting >> where Jesus’ body had been lying, one
>> at the >> > head and one at the >> feet. They said to her,
>> “Woman, why >> > are you weeping?†Mary replied,
>> saw >> > Jesus

>> Jesus >> > > > had said

>>> Two reasons, Judah was a center point of trade most all good from
>>> east to west and vice versa went through there.
>>>
>>> Yet the primary reason was that the message of the Gospel was to be
>>> given to the Jews who were his chosen people. The promise was given
>>> to them. When they refused it
>>

>> God did not foresee that?
>>
>> Odd........
>>

> LOL. Omniscience goes only so far, apparently.

And only resides in man. :-).

Robert

Jan 29, 2024, 8:46:35 PMJan 29
On Jan 29, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB1085737EDCF7...@69.80.102.18>):
Is there any area in life that you have knowledge of?

Being that it was foretold a hundreds of years before.

Robert

Jan 29, 2024, 8:57:29 PMJan 29
On Jan 29, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <Z6TtN.112667$46Te....@fx38.iad>):
> > wept, >> >> > > > she bent
> > where >> >> > > > they have
> > and >> saw >> > Jesus

> > one in >> >> > > John and one in Luke. They're certainly old
> > traditions that >> >> > > nobody would have made up, i.e. there's
> > some truth in them. >> >> > >

> > looking >> >> > > > for?â€
> > “Sir, >> >> > > > if you
> > and I >> >> > will take >> him.†Jesus said to her,
> > “Mary.†She >> >> > turned and said to
> > God >> >> > and your God.’†Mary Magdalene
> > came and
> > informed the >> >> > disciples,

> > be >> > given to the Jews who were his chosen people. The promise was
> > given >> > to them. When they refused it

> > > LOL. Omniscience goes only so far, apparently.
> >

> > Virtually everything God does in
> > the Bible is fix a problem he failed
> > to foresee.
>
> Moses once kept him from making a serious PR blunder. Exodus 32:12-14.

He relented because of his promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. V13

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 10:23:01 PMJan 29
Yes, of course.

There's an interesting background behind this story (although I'm
certain you'll refuse to believe it). It began shortly after Solomon
took the throne. But the story itself wasn't written until Jeroboam's
reign after the split.

Robert

Jan 29, 2024, 11:13:36 PMJan 29
On Jan 29, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <FPRtN.292630$PuZ9....@fx11.iad>):
Yet who is there to disparage it?
Well, actually there are many events, but the reason I said event was the one
big event that was totally a life changer and that was the day I was Born
Again and my whole life changed. The knowledge of the reality that there was
a God who loved me as if I were the only person in the world, and that he was
indeed very real and gave me peace that passes all human understanding was
key. There is no way to explain it, nor the depth of that reality, and ever
since then my relationship with him has increased. When I have a question I
feel free to ask, knowing that he will answer it. Even one time I asked a
question and didn’t receive an answer to that question and had in fact
forgotten the question, and about three months of so later as I was studying
his word, I saw the answer staring me in the face as I was reading, but,
while I knew it was an answer when I saw it, I had forgotten the question and
why I asked it, so I immediately told Him that and then he reminded me of the
question as well as why I asked it, and it all came together. Yes, He is
faithful. I am not ashamed to admit it, and in whom I believe. There has been
more than one person here who has mocked me and I am not speaking of the few
atheists who may have, but the so-called Christians who mock me and the
relationship I have with Him.

So that is a capsule of my experiential relationship that is ongoing. God
deals with each person according to their needs.
Why would you assume no one else did? I knew there were many from the study
of the scriptures, but to go through all the scriptures just to show why I
knew would be fruitless when I know the person I am speaking to could really
care less. Far easier to quote a verse that everyone could read for
themselves if they really were concerned about their spiritual future.

> > > And I have a personal relationship with the FSM. Who can doubt it?
> >
> > Whatever that is. And why should people doubt it? Many are lead by
>
> *led* (sorry, I don't usually correct spelling errors, but this one is
> a personal pet peeve)

Mine too, and I usually double check if I am not typing too fast, there are
other words too like bare and bear, etc.

> > deceiving spirits, possessed by devils. Those with suicidal ideations
> > are all being tempted by satan.
> >
> > There is a spiritual world, and a spiritual war going on.
>
> It would be so cool if that were true. But it can't be believed. Mainly
> because there doesn't exist a testable theory.

Actually you are more aware of it than you know. There is a short term change
coming, that has already begun. It will culminate with the salvation of
millions of people around the world, in every nation. It will modify or
change the way governments are openly operating for a time. The will be mass
events of the supernatural signs and wonders, healings miracles, etc. far
bigger in all ways that what happened in the pentecost events as written in
the book of the Acts. There will be no mistaking it. The reason is the final
harvest of souls preceding the sudden destruction that is about to fall on
this earth which marks the beginning to the Great tribulation period of Seven
years.

As it was in the days of Jesus on earth and immediately after, the biggest
protesters will be the religious “christians” who walk not in the spirit.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 30, 2024, 9:23:52 AMJan 30
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
Nothing Jesus did or said was
recorded in his lifetime. The first
Gospel, Mark, wasn't written down
until 70AD, FORTY YEARS after the
death of Jesus.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/mmfour.html

Can you remember conversations
you heard 40 years ago?

>> > But this was not ever a tradition, it has never been repeated. It
>> > was a one time event.
>>
>> I mean the details. They were made up as the years went along.
>>

>> > Plato’s writings were written 600 or so years after his death.
>> > Who disputes that those were his actual writings of thoughts?

Huh?

Plato's writings were written
by him. There was no 600 year gap.

"Plato is one of the world’s best
known and most widely read and
studied philosophers. He was the
student of Socrates and the teacher
of Aristotle, and ----> he wrote <----
in the middle of the fourth century
B.C.E. in ancient Greece."
https://iep.utm.edu/plato/

Robert

Jan 30, 2024, 1:16:38 PMJan 30
On Jan 29, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article<almarsoft.9205...@news.easynews.com>):
I’m unclear as to what you mean, in that Exodus was written well before
Solomon or Jeroboam. The first 5 books, the Pentateuch, were all attributed
to Moses.Moses died just preceding Joshua’s leading all of Israel into the
promised land.

Robert

Jan 30, 2024, 1:46:04 PMJan 30
On Jan 30, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB109565FE62E9...@69.80.102.23>):
Yet where in the NT does anyone mention such a calamity?

> https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/mmfour.html
>
> Can you remember conversations
> you heard 40 years ago?

Yes, there are many I remember, but in the case of scriptures Jesus promised
that the Holy Spirit would remind us. Also your dates are aff as in 70 AD the
temple was utterly destroyed and the citizens of Jerusalem killed.

Did the Cookie Monster tell you that?

> > > I mean the details. They were made up as the years went along.

> Huh?
>
> Plato's writings were written
> by him. There was no 600 year gap.
>
> "Plato is one of the world’s best
> known and most widely read and
> studied philosophers. He was the
> student of Socrates and the teacher
> of Aristotle, and ----> he wrote <----
> in the middle of the fourth century
> B.C.E. in ancient Greece."
> https://iep.utm.edu/plato/

"There are varying degrees of controversy over which of Plato’s works are
authentic, and in what order they were written, due to their antiquity and
the manner of their preservation through time. Nonetheless, his earliest
works are generally regarded as the most reliable of the ancient sources on
Socrates, and the character Socrates that we know through these writings is
considered to be one of the greatest of the ancient philosophers. “

You left this portion out. Why?

Jack Sovalot

Jan 30, 2024, 2:10:06 PMJan 30
Yes, I know what you believe. And I know there's no point in telling
you how it really went down.

Some folks will tell you that Moses didn't even exist, although I'm
reasonable certain he did. I'm even more certain, though, that we have
none of his writings.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 30, 2024, 9:31:46 PMJan 30
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
Remind us of what?

> Also your dates are aff
> as in 70 AD the temple was utterly destroyed and the citizens of
> Jerusalem killed.

"The four canonical gospels—Matthew, Mark,
Luke, and John—were all composed within the
Roman Empire between 70 and 110 CE (± five
to ten years) as biographies of Jesus of
Nazareth"
https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/new-testament/context
What 600 year gap?

Jack Sovalot

Jan 31, 2024, 2:44:08 PMJan 31
Thanks for sharing that with us, Robert.
I care a lot about the Bible. I have great respect for it and read it
often.

> Far easier to quote a verse that
> everyone could read for themselves if they really were concerned
> about their spiritual future.

But the 500. The gospel authors didn't mention it, which is why I doubt
it was widely known.

> > > Whatever that is. And why should people doubt it? Many are lead by
> >
> > led (sorry, I don't usually correct spelling errors, but this one is
> > a personal pet peeve)
>
> Mine too, and I usually double check if I am not typing too fast,
> there are other words too like bare and bear, etc.

LOL. Yeah, those too. :)

> > > deceiving spirits, possessed by devils. Those with suicidal
> > > ideations are all being tempted by satan.
> > >
> > > There is a spiritual world, and a spiritual war going on.
> >
> > It would be so cool if that were true. But it can't be believed.
> > Mainly because there doesn't exist a testable theory.
>
> Actually you are more aware of it than you know. There is a short
> term change coming, that has already begun. It will culminate with
> the salvation of millions of people around the world, in every
> nation. It will modify or change the way governments are openly
> operating for a time. The will be mass events of the supernatural
> signs and wonders, healings miracles, etc. far bigger in all ways
> that what happened in the pentecost events as written in the book of
> the Acts. There will be no mistaking it. The reason is the final
> harvest of souls preceding the sudden destruction that is about to
> fall on this earth which marks the beginning to the Great tribulation
> period of Seven years.
>
> As it was in the days of Jesus on earth and immediately after, the
> biggest protesters will be the religious “christians” who walk not in
> the spirit.

As I've already mentioned, it's coming up on 2000 years since Jesus's
resurrection. There's money to be made for anybody who cares to put
together some pieces to make the case that his second advent will be
very soon.

Jack Sovalot

Jan 31, 2024, 2:44:46 PMJan 31
Thanks for sharing that with us, Robert.

I care a lot about the Bible. I have great respect for it and read it
often.

> Far easier to quote a verse that
> everyone could read for themselves if they really were concerned
> about their spiritual future.

But the 500. The gospel authors didn't mention it, which is why I doubt
it was widely known.

> > > Whatever that is. And why should people doubt it? Many are lead by
> >
> > led (sorry, I don't usually correct spelling errors, but this one is
> > a personal pet peeve)
>
> Mine too, and I usually double check if I am not typing too fast,
> there are other words too like bare and bear, etc.

LOL. Yeah, those too. :)

> > > deceiving spirits, possessed by devils. Those with suicidal
> > > ideations are all being tempted by satan.
> > >
> > > There is a spiritual world, and a spiritual war going on.
> >
> > It would be so cool if that were true. But it can't be believed.
> > Mainly because there doesn't exist a testable theory.
>
> Actually you are more aware of it than you know. There is a short
> term change coming, that has already begun. It will culminate with
> the salvation of millions of people around the world, in every
> nation. It will modify or change the way governments are openly
> operating for a time. The will be mass events of the supernatural
> signs and wonders, healings miracles, etc. far bigger in all ways
> that what happened in the pentecost events as written in the book of
> the Acts. There will be no mistaking it. The reason is the final
> harvest of souls preceding the sudden destruction that is about to
> fall on this earth which marks the beginning to the Great tribulation
> period of Seven years.
>
> As it was in the days of Jesus on earth and immediately after, the
> biggest protesters will be the religious “christians” who walk not in
> the spirit.

Jack Sovalot

Jan 31, 2024, 2:44:46 PMJan 31
Thanks for sharing that with us, Robert.

I care. I have great respect for the Bible and read it often.

> Far easier to quote a verse that
> everyone could read for themselves if they really were concerned
> about their spiritual future.

> > > Whatever that is. And why should people doubt it? Many are lead by
> >
> > led (sorry, I don't usually correct spelling errors, but this one is
> > a personal pet peeve)
>
> Mine too, and I usually double check if I am not typing too fast,
> there are other words too like bare and bear, etc.

LOL. Yeah, those too. :)

> > > deceiving spirits, possessed by devils. Those with suicidal
> > > ideations are all being tempted by satan.
> > >
> > > There is a spiritual world, and a spiritual war going on.
> >
> > It would be so cool if that were true. But it can't be believed.
> > Mainly because there doesn't exist a testable theory.
>
> Actually you are more aware of it than you know. There is a short
> term change coming, that has already begun. It will culminate with
> the salvation of millions of people around the world, in every
> nation. It will modify or change the way governments are openly
> operating for a time. The will be mass events of the supernatural
> signs and wonders, healings miracles, etc. far bigger in all ways
> that what happened in the pentecost events as written in the book of
> the Acts. There will be no mistaking it. The reason is the final
> harvest of souls preceding the sudden destruction that is about to
> fall on this earth which marks the beginning to the Great tribulation
> period of Seven years.
>
> As it was in the days of Jesus on earth and immediately after, the
> biggest protesters will be the religious “christians” who walk not in
> the spirit.

And as I mentioned in another thread, there's money in this. A good
case can be made that Jesus's Second Advent is imminent.

Robert

Jan 31, 2024, 9:08:37 PMJan 31
On Jan 30, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <gQbuN.131480$q3F7....@fx45.iad>):
Moses died before Joshua led the Israelites into the promised land. What he
wrote, was done before his death. None of the Israelites disputed his
existence.

There is evidence in stone, as written by the Egyptians of the Israelites in
the desert as wandering nomads In, as I recall, the same place where Josephs
name is written in stone.

I am looking for the evidence as it has been a long time since I viewed it. I
am not in a rush to find it all, and I might just start saving all the data
and links to it, even tho I know links change, info disappears unless one
buys the written recorded evidences. Reason for no rushing the matter is for
the reasons you have stated, few care about it, and are quick to dismiss it
all, having faith in baseless stories made up in recent times.

> Some folks will tell you that Moses didn't even exist, although I'm
> reasonable certain he did. I'm even more certain, though, that we have
> none of his writings.

What would you think if you were to find out that at least the first five
books were not written in the Hebrew alphabet that we are familiar with
today? They were using a pictograph alphabet. Like what was used in Egypt.

Robert

Jan 31, 2024, 9:26:17 PMJan 31
On Jan 30, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB109D1C7F4FFn...@69.80.102.12>):
The very same thing you were told the last twenty time you asked that
question.

> > Also your dates are aff
> > as in 70 AD the temple was utterly destroyed and the citizens of
> > Jerusalem killed.
>
> "The four canonical gospels—Matthew, Mark,
> Luke, and John—were all composed within the
> Roman Empire between 70 and 110 CE (± five
> to ten years) as biographies of Jesus of
> Nazareth"
> https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/new-testament/context

This is all contrary to what you learned in college. So why do you quote such
ignorance?

> > Did the Cookie Monster tell you that?

> > > Huh?
> > >
> > > Plato's writings were written
> > > by him. There was no 600 year gap.
> > >
> > > "Plato is one of the world’s best
> > > known and most widely read and
> > > studied philosophers. He was the
> > > student of Socrates and the teacher
> > > of Aristotle, and ----> he wrote <----
> > > in the middle of the fourth century
> > > B.C.E. in ancient Greece."
> > > https://iep.utm.edu/plato/
> >
> > "There are varying degrees of controversy over which of Plato’s
> > works are authentic, and in what order they were written, due to their
> > antiquity and the manner of their preservation through time.
> > Nonetheless, his earliest works are generally regarded as the most
> > reliable of the ancient sources on Socrates, and the character
> > Socrates that we know through these writings is considered to be one
> > of the greatest of the ancient philosophers. “

Mitchell Holman

Jan 31, 2024, 9:51:41 PMJan 31
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in

> There is evidence in stone, as written by the Egyptians of the
> Israelites in the desert as wandering nomads In, as I recall, the same
> place where Josephs name is written in stone.

"we don’t know of any evidence for
Joseph outside the Bible."

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/biblical-
archaeology-sites/joseph-in-egypt/

"there is nothing definitive in
the historical or archaeological
record that verifies Joseph or
his exploits in Egypt."

https://www.logos.com/grow/bsm-was-joseph-in-egypt-when-archaeology-and-
the-bible-converge/

"There are no Egyptian records that
clearly document the enslavement of
a people identifiable as the Hebrews."

https://www.thearchaeologist.org/blog/between-myth-and-reality-the-hebrews-
enslavement-by-the-egyptians#google_vignette

"we have no archaeological evidence or
Egyptian records that identify Joseph
as a real historical figure"
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/reclaimingthetruth/2023/08/joseph/

Michael Christ

Feb 1, 2024, 12:10:32 AMFeb 1
On 1/02/2024 1:51 pm, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
>

>> There is evidence in stone, as written by the Egyptians of the
>> Israelites in the desert as wandering nomads In, as I recall, the same
>> place where Josephs name is written in stone.
>

> "we don’t know of any evidence for
> Joseph outside the Bible."

No need. :-).

Michael Christ

> https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/biblical-
> archaeology-sites/joseph-in-egypt/
>

> "there is nothing definitive in
> the historical or archaeological
> record that verifies Joseph or
> his exploits in Egypt."
>
> https://www.logos.com/grow/bsm-was-joseph-in-egypt-when-archaeology-and-
> the-bible-converge/
>

> "There are no Egyptian records that
> clearly document the enslavement of
> a people identifiable as the Hebrews."
>
> https://www.thearchaeologist.org/blog/between-myth-and-reality-the-hebrews-
> enslavement-by-the-egyptians#google_vignette
>

> "we have no archaeological evidence or
> Egyptian records that identify Joseph
> as a real historical figure"
> https://www.patheos.com/blogs/reclaimingthetruth/2023/08/joseph/

Mitchell Holman

Feb 1, 2024, 9:10:27 AMFeb 1
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
Just tell us what you are talking about.

>> > Also your dates are aff
>> > as in 70 AD the temple was utterly destroyed and the citizens of
>> > Jerusalem killed.
>>
>> "The four canonical gospels—Matthew, Mark,
>> Luke, and John—were all composed within the
>> Roman Empire between 70 and 110 CE (± five
>> to ten years) as biographies of Jesus of
>> Nazareth"
>> https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/new-testament/context
>
> This is all contrary to what you learned in college. So why do you
> quote such ignorance?

The posted proof proves you wrong.
>> "The four canonical gospels—Matthew, Mark,
>> Luke, and John—were all composed within the
>> Roman Empire between 70 and 110 CE (± five
>> to ten years) as biographies of Jesus of
>> Nazareth"
>> https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/new-testament/context
>>
>> What 600 year gap?

Well?

Robert

Feb 1, 2024, 4:55:31 PMFeb 1
On Jan 31, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB10AD52978147...@69.80.102.12>):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLNiftDZXYA

Robert

Feb 1, 2024, 5:07:23 PMFeb 1

Robert

Feb 1, 2024, 5:11:24 PMFeb 1
On Feb 1, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB10B541AEC1BD...@69.80.101.20>):
I did, obviously you were not serious when you asked before or you would
remember.

> > > "The four canonical gospels—Matthew, Mark,
> > > Luke, and John—were all composed within the
> > > Roman Empire between 70 and 110 CE (± five
> > > to ten years) as biographies of Jesus of
> > > Nazareth"
> > > https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/new-testament/context
> >
> > This is all contrary to what you learned in college. So why do you
> > quote such ignorance?
>
> The posted proof proves you wrong.

Show were it proved anything?
Yes, Jospeh was thrown into a well.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 1, 2024, 9:35:32 PMFeb 1
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
From your own source:

"You guessed it—we don’t know of any
evidence for Joseph outside the Bible."
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/biblical-
archaeology-sites/joseph-in-egypt/

"there is nothing definitive in the
historical or archaeological record
that verifies Joseph or his exploits
in Egypt."
https://www.logos.com/grow/bsm-was-joseph-in-egypt-when-archaeology-and-
the-bible-converge/

Will you please stop repeating this
"Joseph name written in stone by Egyptians"
mantra? There is no record outside the
Bible he even existed.

Robert

Feb 1, 2024, 10:39:22 PMFeb 1
On Feb 1, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB10BD26CE174C...@69.80.101.19>):

> Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
>
> > On Jan 31, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
> > (in article<XnsB10AD52978147...@69.80.102.12>):
> >
> > > Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in

> > > "we don’t know of any evidence for
Nope because my other single link showed that there was.

This link I gave you also showed there was evidences. As to some who agreed
with you I knew some doubters were there, that is the way of the internet.
This also shows me that you disregard them. There were also many who claimed
they new the tomb of Joseph

Your dishonesty stinks to the high heavens.

Gronk

Feb 2, 2024, 12:48:09 AMFeb 2

Double check that your wallet is still there...

Mitchell Holman

Feb 2, 2024, 8:53:25 AMFeb 2
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in
>> Will you please stop repeating this
>> "Joseph name written in stone by Egyptians"
>> mantra? There is no record outside the
>> Bible he even existed.
>
> Nope because my other single link showed that there was.

What single link?

> This link I gave you also showed there was evidences. As to some who
> agreed with you I knew some doubters were there, that is the way of
> the internet. This also shows me that you disregard them. There were
> also many who claimed they new the tomb of Joseph
>
> Your dishonesty stinks to the high heavens.

YOur own proof proves you wrong.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 2, 2024, 10:51:48 AMFeb 2
Gronk wrote:

> Double check that your wallet is still there...

LOL!

Robert

Feb 2, 2024, 2:36:12 PMFeb 2
On Feb 2, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB10C5136D2E12...@69.80.101.21>):
Within other replies to you. As stated.

> > This link I gave you also showed there was evidences. As to some who
> > agreed with you I knew some doubters were there, that is the way of
> > the internet. This also shows me that you disregard them. There were
> > also many who claimed they new the tomb of Joseph
> >
> > Your dishonesty stinks to the high heavens.
>
> YOur own proof proves you wrong.

It proves me correct if you were to read all of it. I chose to post the link
which also showed the flip sides so that when all is read a person can
understand the full picture. As your words and those of the naysayers have no
leg to stand on when the words set in stone historically prove you both
wrong.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 2, 2024, 9:33:28 PMFeb 2
Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote in

>> > Nope because my other single link showed that there was.
>>
>> What single link?
>
> Within other replies to you. As stated.
>>

>> > This link I gave you also showed there was evidences. As to some
>> > who agreed with you I knew some doubters were there, that is the
>> > way of the internet. This also shows me that you disregard them.
>> > There were also many who claimed they new the tomb of Joseph
>> >
>> > Your dishonesty stinks to the high heavens.
>>
>> YOur own proof proves you wrong.
>
> It proves me correct if you were to read all of it. I chose to post
> the link which also showed the flip sides so that when all is read a
> person can understand the full picture. As your words and those of the
> naysayers have no leg to stand on when the words set in stone
> historically prove you both wrong.

You have yet to post a single link
to a single page backing up your claim
that "Joseph was written in stone by
the Egyptians". Your own webpage link
shows article after article showing
that is NOT the case.

That rather settles the matter.

Robert

Feb 2, 2024, 9:41:55 PMFeb 2
On Feb 2, 2024, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsB10CD1E752E10...@69.80.102.14>):
Then you have not read all my replies, or you lie about it.

Furthermore you did not read all that the one link to many videos included.

Therefore you have no sincerity in your communications.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 2, 2024, 10:57:48 PMFeb 2
If that were true, then yes, it would be evidence that Moses and the
other Egyptians with him were its authors. But I've never heard
anything at all like that.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 2, 2024, 11:02:25 PMFeb 2
That's correct. Mark was the earliest, c 65 CE, then Matthew and Luke c
85 CE and finally John was compiled around the turn of the century,
from multiple documents within the Johannine community (of several
towns).

Andrew

Feb 2, 2024, 11:30:40 PMFeb 2
"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message news:XnsB10CD1E752E10...@69.80.102.14...

> You have yet to post a single link
> to a single page backing up your claim
> that "Joseph was written in stone by
> the Egyptians". Your own webpage link
> shows article after article showing
> that is NOT the case.

"Jesus answered him, I assure you, most
solemnly I tell you, that unless a person
is born again (anew, from above), he can
not ever see (know, be acquainted with,
and experience) the kingdom of God"
~ John 3:3

Jack Sovalot

Feb 3, 2024, 1:33:40 AMFeb 3
But Jesus didn't really say that. Want me to explain to you how we know
that conversation with Nicodemus never happened?

Andrew

Feb 3, 2024, 2:05:55 AMFeb 3
"Jack Sovalot" wrote in message news:57lvN.323494$xHn7....@fx14.iad...
> Andrew wrote:
> "Mitchell Holman" wrote:
>
>> You have yet to post a single link
>> to a single page backing up your claim
>> that "Joseph was written in stone by
>> the Egyptians". Your own webpage link
>> shows article after article showing
>> that is NOT the case.
>
> "Jesus answered him, I assure you, most
> solemnly I tell you, that unless a person
> is born again (anew, from above), he can
> not ever see (know, be acquainted with,
> and experience) the kingdom of God"
> ~ John 3:3
>
> But Jesus didn't really say that. Want me
> to explain to you how we know that
> conversation with Nicodemus never
> happened?

Explain what it means to be "born again" and if you think
one can enter the Kingdom of Glory if one is not. Thanks.

Michael Christ

Feb 3, 2024, 2:13:45 AMFeb 3
Obviously, you think Ted is not born again, so what's the point? To be
superior?

Why don't you explain what it is to be born again, if you are?

Michael Christ

Robert

Feb 3, 2024, 2:20:42 AMFeb 3
On Feb 2, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <iVivN.378072$p%Mb.3...@fx15.iad>):
https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/stewart_don/faq/historical-accuracy-of-
the-bible/question10-when-were-the-gospels-written.cfm

Matthew was written about 41 AD.. etc.
Dates are given here in this link and the reasons why.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 3, 2024, 4:27:23 AMFeb 3
Nowadays it depends on which church you belong to. The Catholics say a
baby is born again when the priest baptizes him. The fellow who put the
words in Jesus's mouth evidently meant it's a spiritual renewal from
above.

By "Kingdom of God (or Heaven)", Jesus meant the government the Son of
Man would establish on earth after he defeated the Romans. And that was
gonna happen shortly. But after it became apparent that Jesus wouldn't
be returning any time soon, the christers changed it to Heaven itself
and you go there when you die.

Andrew

Feb 3, 2024, 9:00:58 AMFeb 3
"Jack Sovalot" wrote in message news:ZFnvN.104498$JLvf...@fx44.iad...
> Andrew wrote:
>> "Jack Sovalot" wrote:
>> > Andrew wrote:
>> >
>> > "Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that
>> > unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he can
>> > not ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the
>> > kingdom of God" ~ John 3:3 But Jesus didn't
>> > really say that. Want me to explain to you how we know that
>> > conversation with Nicodemus never happened?
>
>> Explain what it means to be "born again" and if you think one can
>> enter the Kingdom of Glory if one is not. Thanks.
>
> Nowadays it depends on which church you belong to. The Catholics say a
> baby is born again when the priest baptizes him. The fellow who put the
> words in Jesus's mouth evidently meant it's a spiritual renewal from
> above.
>
> By "Kingdom of God (or Heaven)", Jesus meant the government the Son of
> Man would establish on earth after he defeated the Romans.

How do you figure that? Because Jesus consistently
affirmed that His kingdom was, "not of this world".

When on trial before Pilate before His crucifixion
He said.

""My Kingdom is not of this world. If My Kingdom
were of this world, then would My servants fight
that I should not be delivered to the Jews. But now
My Kingdom is not from hence." ~ John 18:36

> And that was gonna happen shortly. But after it became
> apparent that Jesus wouldn't be returning any time soon,
> the christers changed it to Heaven itself and you go there
> when you die.

The question was, do you think one can enter the Kingdom
of Glory if one does not have the experience Jesus talked
about in John 3?

Apparently you believe there is no future kingdom of God
Also that you definitely are not a Christian and have no
serious interest in following Jesus. Correct me if I'm
wrong. Thanks.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 3, 2024, 9:09:35 AMFeb 3
"Jack Sovalot" <hee-pw...@jack.sovalot> wrote in news:ZFnvN.104498
$JLvf...@fx44.iad:

> Andrew wrote:
>
>> "Jack Sovalot" wrote in message
>> > Andrew wrote:
>

>> > "Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that
>> > unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he can
>> > not ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the
>> > kingdom of God" ~ John 3:3 But Jesus didn't
>> > really say that. Want me to explain to you how we know that
>> > conversation with Nicodemus never happened?
>>

>> Explain what it means to be "born again" and if you think one can
>> enter the Kingdom of Glory if one is not. Thanks.
>

> Nowadays it depends on which church you belong to. The Catholics say a
> baby is born again when the priest baptizes him. The fellow who put the
> words in Jesus's mouth evidently meant it's a spiritual renewal from
> above.

I remember reading how this was
the cause of the rapid spread of
Islam in the Levant. Christians were
squabbling over what Jesus really
meant and the dual nature of Christ
whereas Islam was a simple "wanna go
to Heaven here is what you do".

Jack Sovalot

Feb 3, 2024, 1:37:22 PMFeb 3
LOL. Note first, that he says "Mark May Have Been a Source for Luke".
Yes, in fast there's ample evidence to this fact. But when I mentioned
it to you a few months ago, you denied it. Are your ready to agree now,
then, that Luke used Mark as a soure? If so, then let's return to our
discussion of Mark 1:41.

And to say that Matthew was written in 41 CE because Eusebius said so
hardly suffices. I do agree, though, that the lack of any mention in
Acts of Paul's death is good evidence that Acts (and therefore Luke)
were written during the 60s. However, the majority opinion among
scholars is what I listed above.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 3, 2024, 2:09:23 PMFeb 3
Yes! I recall reading that as well. And it's obviously true.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 3, 2024, 2:35:14 PMFeb 3
The Jesus quotes in the gospel of John are made up. Jesus believed the
Bible, as you do, including the book of Daniel, which he believed was
written during the 6th century BCE. Based on that, his other beliefs
and actions were quite rational, including his conviction that he was
the Messiah. And he believed, along with a significant fraction of
other Jews of the 1st centuries BC and AD, that the Son of Man would
arrive relatively soon.

To answer your questions, no, entering the Kingdom of Glory is made up
bullshit. When Jesus failed to return, the christers changed salvation
from being here on earth under God's rulership to going to heaven when
you die. But Jesus was a man who died almost 2000 years ago and has
been dead ever since, i.e. never resurrected, so I don't "follow" him.
He was an exceptionally bright fellow and phenominally insightful, but
that's it. And he can't even hold a candle in those respects to Buddha
(who never considered himself to be anything other than an ordinary
man.)

Jack Sovalot

Feb 3, 2024, 4:39:04 PMFeb 3
Robert wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
> (in article <ZQivN.323488$xHn7....@fx14.iad>):
>
> > Robert wrote:
> >
> > > On Jan 30, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
> > > (in article <gQbuN.131480$q3F7....@fx45.iad>):

> Genesis 1:1 “in beginning?
>
> Beginning in the pictographic language.
>
> I don’t know it this will come through in your newsreader but here is
> the word “beginning” in the ancient Hebrew Language.
>
> 1458) Sr% (Sr% RSh) ac: Inherit co: Head ab: ?: The pictograph r is a
> picture of the head. The head of the tribe (chief) or family (father)
> is passed from generation to generation. The head grants permission
> for the betrothal of his daughters and determines the inheritor of
> the tribe or family. The head of a person, place, thing or time.
> (eng: raise - with the exchange of the s and sh)
>
> A) Sr% (Sr% RSh) ac: ? co: Head ab: ?
>
> Nf2) Tsr% (Tsr% R-ShT) - Net: [Unknown connection to root;] [freq. 21]
> > kjv: net| {H7568}
>
> fjm) Nfisr% (Nfisr% RSh-YWN) - Permission: [freq. 1] |kjv: grant|
> {H7558}
>
> B) Ssr% (Ssr% RShSh) ac: ? co: Head ab: ?
>
> ibm) Sisrt% (Sisrt% TR-ShYSh) - Tarshish: An unknown precious stone.
> A chief of trade goods. [freq. 7] |kjv: beryle| {H8658}
> Well, sadly I cannot post what I see in my ancient Hebrew Lexicon, as
> you can see here,
>
> I tried.

Yeah. Thanks Robert. Is there a url link?

Robert

Feb 3, 2024, 5:41:40 PMFeb 3
On Feb 3, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <WnyvN.428450$83n7....@fx18.iad>):
I looked and found this one. What I use is on my computer.

https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/ahlb/

I took a Quick Look and it appears to go into detail on the subject. I am not
sure what all is available there.

%

Feb 3, 2024, 5:45:07 PMFeb 3
if it's on your computer why can't you cut and paste it

Michael Christ

Feb 3, 2024, 7:31:17 PMFeb 3
Then there wouldn't be more than one rabbit trail.

Robert

Feb 3, 2024, 8:39:41 PMFeb 3
On Feb 3, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <AJvvN.287662$q3F7....@fx45.iad>):
“Since many have taken in hand to compile a written narration of the
matters which have been fully believed among us,” (Luk 1:1)

First off, I hate to parse words all the time, but what you quoted from that
site, which is not uncommon in today’s time, gets my goat. Another one of
my pet peeves is the use of the word, “may”, and “tradition says” or
“it has been said”, etc. All words and phrases speaking loudly of doubt
and disbelief, yet they feel it somehow justifies their opinions.

So if we look at verse one, it specifically says “a written narration”
which coincides with your thinking in part, and many others, and the
matter(s), but then v2 says, “As they delivered them to us, those who from
the beginning had been eyewitnesses and ministers of the Word,” (Luk 1:2)

“They” speaking of far more than one and follows suit with the words
"eyewitnesses and ministers of the Word,” Which re-enforces the
multiplicity of the sources.

Nothing in there points to any person in particular, and the gigantic leap to
Acts 13:5, which BTW, was written later, makes no mention of any "John
Mark”, noted only was John as an assistant. Which begs the question, which
John?

Which BTW, Would require that whoever the John was, he returned to Jerusalem
which would have to be before 70 AD when the temple was destroyed and the
Jews there massacred.

“And when they came to Salamis, they preached the Word of God in the
synagogues of the Jews. And they also had John as an assistant.” (Act 13:5)

“Then Paul and his company sailed away from Paphos and came to Perga of
Pamphylia; but John departed from them and returned to Jerusalem.” (Act
13:13)

Note that Jesus asked John, of the book of John, etc. To take care of his
Mom, there in Jerusalem. That Luke interviewed Mary seems obvious, in regards
to Jesus, as he reveals the very thoughts she pondered in her heart. Luke
2:19 is one example of that, and Luke wrote much on Mary the Mother of Jesus.

So here you can see why I question those who say, “may blah, blah, blah”

As to verse 41 I don’t remember what the reason was for the discussion.
Especially given that there were no disciples of Jesus at that time up until
nigh 30 years later. So obviously Luke would have needed to interview Mary.
Eh?

> And to say that Matthew was written in 41 CE because Eusebius said so
> hardly suffices. I do agree, though, that the lack of any mention in
> Acts of Paul's death is good evidence that Acts (and therefore Luke)
> were written during the 60s. However, the majority opinion among
> scholars is what I listed above.

I understand what you are saying here, and one of the things that dismayed me
here was the disappearance of the old lists that had been on the NET for the
last 30 years. And that is not the only thing that has gone missing as
history is being rewritten before our very eyes. I have multiple old HD’s
that one day I may have to revisit to locate a lot of info that is missing
today.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 3, 2024, 9:28:27 PMFeb 3
"Jack Sovalot" <hee-pw...@jack.sovalot> wrote in news:AbwvN.328878
$xHn7....@fx14.iad:
I don't know of any religion in the
world that has broken itself up into as
many denominations as Christianity.
Buddhism is a distant second. Even the
Islamic Sunni/Shiite split is more
about heritage than doctrinal conflicts.

%

Feb 3, 2024, 10:03:36 PMFeb 3
First Nation, Métis and Inuit religions in Canada vary widely and
consist of complex social and cultural customs for addressing the sacred
and the supernatural. The influence of Christianity — through settlers,
missionaries and government policy — significantly altered life for
Indigenous peoples. In some communities, this resulted in hybridized
religious practices; while in others, European religion replaced
traditional spiritual practices entirely. Though historically suppressed
by colonial administrators and missionaries, especially from the late
19th- to mid-20th centuries, many contemporary Indigenous communities
have revived, or continue to practice, traditional spirituality.

Robert

Feb 3, 2024, 10:20:09 PMFeb 3
On Feb 3, 2024, purse...@gmail.com wrote
(in article<4t2cnfcATNN6XCP4...@giganews.com>):
You can see the evidence of by C&P job. Obviously the fonts are not in the
family of Fonts that I use.

Michael Christ

Feb 4, 2024, 1:11:58 AMFeb 4
That merely tells you that it is not of God, just like, for instance,
the "Christian crusades."

Or that Koolaid guy.

Or much more other religious oral sinner tradition and theology stuff
and bad guy things.

God's people have always been a remnant—a few. Many are called, but few
choose.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 4, 2024, 2:13:02 AMFeb 4
Nice. Thanks Robert. Now I'm curious how the Early Semitic pictographs
and Egyptian hieroglyphs are related.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 4, 2024, 9:17:52 AMFeb 4
Michael Christ <michaelm...@outlook.com> wrote in
All religions think all others
are "not of God".

Are all of them right or all
of them wrong?

Jack Sovalot

Feb 4, 2024, 2:27:07 PMFeb 4
Spot on. Thanks Mitchell.

Robert

Feb 4, 2024, 2:44:48 PMFeb 4
On Feb 4, 2024, Jack Sovalot wrote
(in article <cyRvN.61197$5Hnd....@fx03.iad>):
This is the reason for having a personal relationship with the Lord. An
experiential relationship through being Born Again.

Michael Christ

Feb 4, 2024, 4:04:22 PMFeb 4
Convoluted.

All the religions of men are wrong, so what they think of each other is
irrelevant.

Michael Christ

>> Or that Koolaid guy.
>>
>> Or much more other religious oral sinner tradition and theology stuff
>> and bad guy things.
>>
>> God's people have always been a remnant—a few. Many are called, but
>> few choose.
>>

>> Michael Christ

Jack Sovalot

Feb 5, 2024, 9:41:43 AMFeb 5
Good point.
You can repost them, if you have a website.

Jack Sovalot

Feb 5, 2024, 10:11:39 AMFeb 5
It's okay. We all have our heads up our asses one way or another.