December 5 - Breakfast with Blumhardt

Bruderhof

Dec 5, 2005, 1:00:02 AM12/5/05
December 5

"I will give them an undivided heart and put a
new spirit in them." Ezekiel 11:19

We could say that in order to understand the
times and the approach of the Lord Jesus in
these times, we need this undivided heart and
new spirit. The brand-new idea that began with
Jesus was that of never-ending rebirth within all
creation. We will not be given an undivided heart
in order to get on easier in the world or in order
that we have no outward difficulties. These things
are not worth the trouble. They may make us
quite comfortable but they pass away.

But we must have a new heart, for a unanimous
expectation of something from God springing to
life is grievously hurt by individuals who are so
dreadfully concerned with outward matters. They
take these so seriously! Let us be fresh and
joyful, thinking of what the Savior does for us!
Let God's kindness fill our hearts! In your
relationships, your conversations with others,
try to get away from outward things to some
extent.

Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt, from
Jesus Is Victor, Of One Heart.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Blumhardt's prayer for today and every day of the year.
http://blumhardts.com/bl/DailyPrayer.htm?source=Breakfast

Like what you read today? Share it with a friend.
Send them this URL:
http://blumhardts.com/bl/Subscribe.htm?source=Breakfast

© 2004 Bruderhof Communities.