December 2 - Breakfast with Blumhardt

Bruderhof

Dec 2, 2005, 1:00:03 AM12/2/05
December 2

The time of Advent reflects the time of longing--
the yearning for redemption. Right from Adam's
day until Christ's coming, the world was in a
time of longing for salvation. As Jacob said from
his deathbed, "I wait for thy salvation, O Lord"
(Genesis 49:18). The Lord spoke of this longing
to his disciples: "For I tell you that many prophets
and kings wanted to see what you see but did
not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not
hear it" (Luke 10:24). Thus, the whole of time
until the coming of Christ was a time of longing
for the Savior.

This longing has never ceased. We too have a
longing, not for the first coming of the Lord, but
for his second coming. Then, he will come not
as a small child in the crib, but in his glory. He
will restrain the enemy and fulfill everything for
which his first coming paved the way. We all
wait for this.

Johann Christoph Blumhardt, from
The Proclamation, Advent.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Blumhardt's prayer for today and every day of the year.
http://blumhardts.com/bl/DailyPrayer.htm?source=Breakfast

Like what you read today? Share it with a friend.
Send them this URL:
http://blumhardts.com/bl/Subscribe.htm?source=Breakfast

© 2004 Bruderhof Communities.