A Little Child Shall Lead Them

Bruderhof

Jul 20, 2005, 3:23:29 AM7/20/05
Check out this free e-book at Bruderhof.com:

A Little Child Shall Lead Them - Hopeful Parenting in a Confused World
by Johann Christoph Arnold

A pastor and family counselor offers down-to-earth insights every parent can apply. Topics include fatherhood, motherhood, spoiling your child, discipline, adoption, special needs, building character, academics, sports and play, sex education, role of grandparents, media consumption, and homeschooling.

Download this free e-book at:
http://www.bruderhof.com/e-books/LittleChild.htm
Learn more about the Bruderhof Communities:
http://www.bruderhof.com/

Xraig

Jul 24, 2005, 9:36:50 PM7/24/05

Nonhlanhla Dlamini

Jul 26, 2005, 7:08:25 PM7/26/05
I appreciated the ideas from two section: it takes a village to make a child and the special child. However I would also like to know how these two areas could be expanded to cater for children in the era of HIV/AIDS. Im also interested in expanding the concept of godmother and godfather especially now that there are many preamature deaths of parents even within the church. orphans

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/e-books/LittleChild.htm

John Loppnow

Jul 27, 2005, 9:28:36 AM7/27/05
Love your work and resources.
thank you for your generosity.

A wonderful example to humanity and the body of Christ.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/e-books/LittleChild.htm

Mary

Jul 27, 2005, 7:52:29 PM7/27/05
Iam/was a single parent for over 17 years. My "baby" just turned 18 and I thank God none of my children got involved with gangs, drugs, or ended up in jail for anything. Obviously this book doesn't cover single parenthood. For me, it would have been nice if my ex paid the court ordered child support, or if the churches I had attended offered to help out once in awhile with transportation, groceries, paying the rent or utilities once in a while. Something. Anything. Children shouldn't be leading. Adults should be.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/e-books/LittleChild.htm

Adefila Dayo Raymond

Jul 28, 2005, 9:27:27 AM7/28/05
Little child shall lead them is a good book to read anytime, anyday and anywhere you are. This book is a guide to the future of a child in all area of life, leadership, discipline, self control and lot more to foster there life for the better of there tomorrow. With this book the life of a child is sure for real.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/e-books/LittleChild.htm

Patricia Carson

Oct 1, 2005, 3:37:37 AM10/1/05

Bruderhof

Oct 3, 2005, 6:20:22 AM10/3/05
> Excellent.

Paul Brand, M.D., author, Pain: the Gift Nobody Wants
Probably the best book of its size and scope that I have read on this
subject.

Carole

Oct 3, 2005, 6:20:51 AM10/3/05
Richard John Neuhaus, First Things
Unabashedly ingenuous and old-fashioned in approach...I expect it will be
most particularly welcomed by many.

Megan R.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:21:09 AM10/3/05
John Michael Talbot, songwriter, musician
Simple guidelines rooted in the living Christian tradition of the past, but
prophetic and profound for today as well.

Bruderhof

Oct 3, 2005, 6:21:26 AM10/3/05
Megan R. wrote:

John White, author, Eros Redeemed
Arnold is intelligent and well-read, yet he writes with simplicity and
directness. His book is a profound study of children, and of the way they
reflect God’s kingdom.

Greasy

Oct 3, 2005, 6:21:50 AM10/3/05
Charles E. Rice, University of Notre Dame
Arnold has the unusual ability to write in clear, uncluttered prose.

G Banks

Oct 3, 2005, 6:22:05 AM10/3/05
Eric Thorn, European Christian Bookstore Journal
Essential…this excellent book deserves to be read by parents and parents-
to-be the world over.

Adam

Oct 3, 2005, 6:22:27 AM10/3/05
Alice von Hildebrand, Hunter College/CUNY
This book is inspired by loving wisdom.

Greg G.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:22:53 AM10/3/05
Jay Kesler, president, Taylor University
Reading Arnold is like discovering the “pure strain” of Christ’s teachings
before the “yes/but” rationalizations of modernity corrupted them…This is a
book about children as God intended.

Greasy

Oct 3, 2005, 6:24:45 AM10/3/05
Stephen Arterburn, Minirth Meier New Life Clincs
A powerful book…Provides a wealth of information in a small space.

Bruderhof News

Oct 3, 2005, 6:25:54 AM10/3/05
Gordon Cosby, Church of the Savior
A gift to the heart…Reminds us that children are to be revered as teachers
because they teach us as no one else can how to unlearn the lessons that
keep us from being children.

Megan R.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:26:15 AM10/3/05
Don Eberly, National Fatherhood Initiative
Filled with wisdom for an age exhausted from business and tormented by
broken relationships.

G Banks

Oct 3, 2005, 6:26:29 AM10/3/05
Gretchen Buchenholz, Association to Benefit Children
Tender and heart-wrenching stories that mirror a deep understanding of
children’s hearts. I literally read it cover to cover in one sitting.

Megan R.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:26:44 AM10/3/05
Dr. Mary Cameron, Executive Director, Uniondale Early Childhood Center
A splendid book…especially for parents and childcare givers. A book of this
type has long been needed.

Bruderhof

Oct 3, 2005, 6:27:33 AM10/3/05
Carol L. Ennis, Corporate Family Solutions
Refreshing and reinforcing. This mighty little book takes you through
life’s ups and downs in a most loving and meaningful way.

Megan R.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:27:51 AM10/3/05
Bob Fryling, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
An extremely thoughtful, spiritual, and practical book. It is written with
simplicity, clarity, and an obvious love for children. I heartily
recommend it to parents, educators, and anyone else who believes that
children are a gift from God.

Bruderhof

Oct 3, 2005, 6:30:01 AM10/3/05
Jonathan Kozol, author, Amazing Grace
Beautiful...It is the reverence for children that I love.

Werner

Oct 3, 2005, 6:30:29 AM10/3/05
Marian Wright Edelman, Children’s Defense Fund
Those of us who are parents know the crucial role we play in the lives of
our children. Arnold conveys the seriousness of this commitment we have
undertaken and reminds us what we are about.

Mary

Oct 3, 2005, 6:30:53 AM10/3/05
John Austin Baker, former Anglican Bishop of Salisbury
Wonderfully unites Gospel values, traditional common sense, and the best of
contemporary insights. May Arnold’s message be not just heard, but heeded.

Werner

Oct 3, 2005, 6:31:25 AM10/3/05
Fr. Kris Stubna, Diocese of Pittsburgh
A marvelous treatise...It could have a positive impact on our work with
people preparing for marriage and with young families preparing for a
birth. There is a great deal of wisdom contained in this book.

Jim

Oct 3, 2005, 6:31:54 AM10/3/05
John Taylor Gatto, author, The Empty Child
Even where we differ, I am glad to hear what this author has to say--and I
love the quiet authority in his words.

Bruderhof Communities

Oct 3, 2005, 6:32:15 AM10/3/05
Dorothy Gauchat, author, All God’s Children
This book should stand beside the likes of Spock and Brazleton as a “must
read” for every parent. It not only gives sound advice but teaches us the
value, reverence and preciousness of each child.

Megan R.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:32:34 AM10/3/05
Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, The Vatican
The moral and educational statements in this book agree completely with
what the Pope is tirelessly teaching. I am happy that this book is written
simply so we can all understand it. It is indeed very beautiful.

Bruderhof

Oct 3, 2005, 6:32:48 AM10/3/05
Michael Card, musician, author
This book belongs in every new home.

Mary

Oct 3, 2005, 6:33:04 AM10/3/05
Peter Hellyer, Kingdom Faith Church, West Sussex, UK
The simplicity of the text belies the profound wisdom it contains. It reads
like a breath of fresh air blowing away the cobwebs of muddle-headed
thinking which have bedeviled child rearing in recent years.

Mary

Oct 3, 2005, 6:33:23 AM10/3/05
Eileen Jones, Positive Parenting
Communicates an urgent wish to bring Christian wisdom into family life
today…and touches reality with great simplicity of expression. It is full
of light.

Mary

Oct 3, 2005, 6:33:40 AM10/3/05
J. Allan Peterson, Family Concern
A book of high standards and significant insights on a comprehensive list
of important topics relevant to rearing children...Based on principles as
old as the Bible itself, it expresses a deep love of children and offers
practical ways to teach them responsibility and self reliance.

Jasmina Kapetanovi

Dec 5, 2005, 4:34:09 AM12/5/05
Your stuff and your work is wonderful.Makes my day.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/e-books/LittleChild.htm