December 6 - Breakfast with Blumhardt

Bruderhof

Dec 6, 2005, 1:00:02 AM12/6/05
December 6

Our life is blessed if we are people of God as
the disciples of Jesus were. Then the Lord our
God is with us, and all those things that hinder
the work are removed, and work becomes a joy
and a blessing.

Sometimes it seems as though a curse lies
over the earth; the Bible even says in one place:
"You shall eat your bread by the sweat of your
brow!" [Genesis 3:19] But if God is with us, if all
our work is done to show mercy and serve
peace and love, there will be no curse on it; it
will be a joy and delight, because blessing
comes from it. Only if strife and quarreling arise
will the curse rear its head again.

It is in the work that most people can find the
way together. If we are God's people and God
is with us, then compassion flows from what
we are doing; peace and love increase and
flourish to the glory of God.

Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt, from
Family Prayers for Each Day.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Blumhardt's prayer for today and every day of the year.
http://blumhardts.com/bl/DailyPrayer.htm?source=Breakfast

Like what you read today? Share it with a friend.
Send them this URL:
http://blumhardts.com/bl/Subscribe.htm?source=Breakfast

© 2004 Bruderhof Communities.