December 3 - Breakfast with Blumhardt

Bruderhof

Dec 3, 2005, 1:00:02 AM12/3/05
December 3

There are only tiny groups of people on earth
who are capable of praising God in the way the
shepherds did. There certainly seem to be a
few more people who are stirred by Christianity,
although they too are not many. And there is a
difference between being stirred by one form of
Christianity or another and being moved by the
Spirit, which comes to us from God and sets us
in a true relationship with him.

But we will not let our joy be taken from us, for
we know that there is great rejoicing in heaven.
We know that in all of heaven the Lord Jesus is
being praised, especially in our times, when we
have signs that great things are happening. And
so we rejoice with the hosts of heaven and will
not be led astray, even if the great majority of
people never think of the kingdom of God, but
just go on in the same old way with their
Christianity, as drowsily one year as the next.
Let us rise up in time and watch and pray, so
that we too may learn to hear the voice of the
living God.

Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt, from
Die, and Jesus Will Live, Christmas.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Blumhardt's prayer for today and every day of the year.
http://blumhardts.com/bl/DailyPrayer.htm?source=Breakfast

Like what you read today? Share it with a friend.
Send them this URL:
http://blumhardts.com/bl/Subscribe.htm?source=Breakfast

© 2004 Bruderhof Communities.