The Lord is our righteousness

Bruderhof Communities

Nov 30, 2005, 3:01:05 AM11/30/05
"And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The LORD is our
righteousness’" (Jer. 23:6). Such texts are very important to me, because
they are concerned with the last times, the times which we usually think of
in terms of the dark king, the desolation, Antichrist. Admittedly, it is
written that there are enemies and opposition, as also an Antichrist. Yet
scripture does not speak of any all-powerful Antichrist.

On the other hand, over and over again scripture does tell of a King who
will bring peace over all the earth, thus making the end a culmination of
the good. Oh, yes, people speak of the culmination of evil. Now, indeed,
that is our experience. But scripture speaks of the end as the culmination
of good; it is not the good but evil that shall be overthrown. Even before
he comes, the Lord will be master of the earth. For, when he comes, we must
then be able to say, "The Lord is our righteousness."

- Johann Christoph Blumhardt