'The pure of heart will see God,

1 view

Unknown

Oct 15, 2021, 9:54:24 AM10/15/21
"'The pure of heart will see God,' according to the Lord's infallible word
(Mt. 5:8), according to his capacity, receiving as much as his mind can
sustain; yet the infinite and incomprehensible nature of the Godhead
remains beyond all understanding. For 'the magnificence of His glory,' as
the Prophet says (Ps. 144-5), has no end, and as we contemplate Him He
remains ever the same, at the same distance above us. The Great David
enjoyed in his heart those glorious elevations as he progressed from
strength to strength; and yet he cried to GodLord, 'Thou art the most
High,' forever and ever (Ps. 82:19). And by this I think he means that in
all the infinite eternity of centuries, the man who runs towards Thee
constantly becomes greater as he rises higher, ever growing in proportion
to his increase in grace. 'Thou,' indeed, 'art the most High,' abiding
forever, and canst never seem smaller to those who approach Thee, for Thou
art always to the same degree higher and loftier than the faculties of
those who are rising."

St. Gregory of Nyssa.

"O Lord, I will praise You; Though You were angry with me, Your anger is
turned away, and You comfort me. Behold, God is my salvation, I will
trust and not be afraid; 'For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He
also has become my salvation.' " Isaiah 12:1-2

Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you.