A daily remedy for our sins

Weedy

Feb 22, 2022, 2:55:42 AM2/22/22
A daily remedy for our sins

"Forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors. Let us say this
sentence with sincerity, because it is an alms in itself. Sins that
oppress and bury us cannot be termed trifles! What is more minute than
drops of rain? Yet they fill the rivers. What is more minute than
grains of wheat? Yet they fill the barns. You note the fact that these
sins are rather small, but you do not take note that there are many of
them. In any case, God has given us a daily remedy for them."
--St. Augustine--(excerpt from Sermon 205,1)

==============
22 February – Blessed Émilie d’Oultremont d’Hoogvorst
Also known as Emília Maria of Jesus

Widow, Mother, Religious and Founder of The Sisters of Mary
Reparatrix whose charism is Eucharistic Adoration combined with the
evangelisation of society, especially of women. Born on 11 October
1818 in Wegimont near Liège, Belgium and died on 22 February 1878 at
the home of her son Adriano in Florence, Italy of natural causes. She
is Patron of the Order she founded.

Émilie d’Oultremont d’Hoogvorst was born on 11 October 1818, in
Wégimont (Lieja, Belgium), into a noble family and steeped in
Christian values. The young woman’s personality developed in a serene
and balanced way, enriched with her extraordinary human and spiritual
gifts.

Precisely during a ceremony in a palace in Rome, she took an
inspiration and spoke these words: “Master, only You in my life” and
thought of consecrating herself to the Lord. Marriage proposals were
diverse but when she met Count Victor van der Linden, “a young man of
solid virtue and exceptional piety” – as she would say – Emilia
recognised that the Lord wanted to lead her along the path of
marriage, which was celebrated on 19 October 1837. She lived the life
of a young and happy wife, mother of four children: Adriano, Edmundo,
Olímpia and Margarida. From then on, Emilia found the spiritual guides
in the Jesuit Fathers, who understood and guided her on her spiritual
path.

It was not ten years of marriage and her husband died of malaria.
Emília lived this test with faith and courageously continued her
mission as a mother and educator, she consecrated herself to God with
the vow of chastity, dedicating herself even more to works of charity.
She moved to Paris in order to follow the training of her children at
the College of the Jesuits.

When, on 8 December 1854, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the Immaculate
Conception of the Mother of God, Emilia asked Mary to inspire her to
what future course was most pleasing to God.

Together with some young women of different nationalities, she began a
consecrated life, in the following year. The official institution of
the new Congregation of Mary Reparatrix took place on 1 May 1857, the
day they were clothed in the habit. Mother Maria of Jesus (this was
her religious name) and her companions, began this journey, guided by
the spirit of St Ignatius Loyola.

Mother Emília Maria of Jesus carefully followed the choice of her two
sons in following the marriage vocation and was delighted with the
decision of her daughters to follow her in religious life, in the same
Congregation she had founded.

The Ignatian spirit was the soul that animated all her apostolic zeal,
to the point that she took risky decisions, such as responding to the
Jesuits’ call to build a house in India, after only two years of
foundation.It was the definitive launch of an expansion which then
grew to include several countries in Europe.

The last years of Mother Maria of Jesus were full of diverse
sufferings – family grief, concern for her children, separations and
difficulties within the Congregation. Suffering from very poor health,
while on her way back to Belgium, she died at the home of her son
Adriano, in Florence, on 22 February 1878. … Vatican.va

Her shrine resides in the Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini
in Rome. She was buried at the church of Saint Bonaventure in Rome.

Blessed Maria of Jesus was Beatified on 12 October 1997, Saint Peter’s
Square, Vatican City after the approval of the required miracle, by St
Pope John Paul II, when he said:

“Through her life of prayer, she reminds us that in Eucharistic
Adoration, where we drink at the source of the life that is Christ, we
find the strength for our daily mission. May each one of us, whatever
his state of life, learn to “listen to the voice of Christ, “which
must be the rule of our existence,” as she liked to say!”

https://anastpaul.com/2020/02/22/

Why Should It Happen to Me?

“When we are overtaken by some unexpected misfortune or sorrow, or are
forced to undertake an unusually difficult job, we often forget to
surrender ourselves into the hands of God and pray for help and peace
of mind.
Instead, we feel annoyed and discouraged and give vent to our feelings
in a most unchristian manner.
“Why should it happen to me?”
This is the reaction of many people in such cases.
“It had to happen to me!” they say.
They forget that sanctity involves sacrifice, self-denial and
resignation to the Will of God.
“The kingdom of heaven has been enduring violent assault and the
violent have been seizing it by force,” the Gospel says (Mt 11:12).
In other words, if a man wants to win Heaven, he must be stern with
himself and establish control over any perverse tendencies in his own
nature.”
--Antonio Cardinal Bacci

Saint Quote:
Let us establish a permanent Spring season in our heart through ‘yes’
often repeated to all of God’s permissions and wills.
--Saint Frances Sales

Bible Quote
Now when the apostles, who were in Jerusalem, had heard that Samaria
had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John. 15
Who, when they were come, prayed for them, that they might receive the
Holy Ghost. 16 For he was not as yet come upon any of them; but they
were only baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid
their hands upon them, and they received the Holy Ghost. (Acts
8:14-17) DRB

<><><><>
ACT OF CONSECRATION TO
OUR LADY OF THE MIRACULOUS MEDAL

O Virgin Mother of God, Mary Immaculate,
we dedicate and consecrate ourselves to you
under the title of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal.
May this Medal be for each one of us
a sure sign of your affection for us
and a constant reminder of our duties towards you.
Ever while wearing it,
may we be blessed by your loving protection
and preserved in the grace of your Son.
O most powerful Virgin,
Mother of our Saviour,
keep us close to you every moment of our lives.
Obtain for us, your children,
the grace of a happy death;
so that, in union with you,
we may enjoy the bliss of heaven forever. Amen.

O Mary, conceived without sin,
pray for us who have recourse to you.