Vesak

David Dalton

May 3, 2023, 11:33:17 PM5/3/23
May the Fourth be With You!

Since it is now 1:01 a.m. NDT (0331 UTC/GMT) May 4,
Happy Star Wars Day!

I’m still fumbling along on the thread
“Full moon closest to Beltane”
on alt.religion.druid, for any who notice effects.

Note that that full moon happens to fall on Vesak.

However that dismays me a bit, since I didn’t expect any
correlation of my success with an existing religious
festival, so I expect I will fail again in my latest
Sisyphean moon rock rolling.

"My momma was a waitress; My daddy a truckdriver; The thing
that kept their power from them; Slowed me down awhile." (Ferron)

David Dalton

May 4, 2023, 4:30:30 AM5/4/23
On May 4, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2A035E9200...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> May the Fourth be With You!
>
> Since it is now 1:01 a.m. NDT (0331 UTC/GMT) May 4,
> Happy Star Wars Day!
>
> I’m still fumbling along on the thread
> “Full moon closest to Beltane”
> on alt.religion.druid, for any who notice effects.
>
> Note that that full moon happens to fall on Vesak.
>
> However that dismays me a bit, since I didn’t expect any
> correlation of my success with an existing religious
> festival, so I expect I will fail again in my latest
> Sisyphean moon rock rolling.

The full moon also falls on Cinco de Mayo.

The evening of May 4 to the evening of May 5
is also Pesach Sheni, or Second Passover, which is for
those who are ritually impure due to contact with a dead body,
or who have been on a “distant journey” (e.g. a Wild Rover
or prodigal son away in the wilderness).

From Wikipedia:
"One theme commonly expressed for this holiday is second chances."