Re: crone moon, again

David Dalton

Feb 7, 2024, 5:03:47 PMFeb 7
On Feb 7, 2024, gozan wrote
(in article<ca7abff0-30bb-4d9a...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Tuesday, February 6, 2024 at 2:29:51 PM UTC-6, David Dalton wrote:
> >
> > > I started a new attempt at 3:58 p.m., slightly more than three
> > > days before the exact time of Raven new (dark) moon.
> Apparently, as a character type, the crone shares
> characteristics with the hag - an enlightened woman
> who can induce "sleep paralysis".
>
> Lucid dreaming does not affect the chances of sleep
> paralysis but some lucid dreamers use this as a method
> of inducing a lucid dream.
>
> So, a 'lucid dream' is a dream in which the sleeper is
> aware that he or she is dreaming. From what I've read,
> the phenomenon of lucid dreaming has been well
> established by scientific research.
>
> Dream Yoga has been practiced by Tibetan Buddhists.
> You may not be aware of the Trungpa Shambhala project.
>
> In Tibetan Dream Yoga, maintaining full consciousness
> while in the dream state is part of the training - very
> similar to 'witnessing sleep' - which helps the individual
> understand the unreality of waking consciousness as
> phenomena.
>
> Read more:
>
> 'Tibetan Yoga of Dream And Sleep'
> by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
> Snow Lion, 1998
>
> Other titles of interest:
>
> 'Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines'
> By Lama Kazi Dawa-Samdup and W. Y. Evans-Wentz
> Oxford University Press, 1967
>
> 'The Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist Sects'
> Alexandra David-Neel
> City Lights, 2001

Interesting, thanks.

DRD

“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs
Her head to find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (S.McL.)

Richard Carl Silk

Feb 19, 2024, 5:54:13 PMFeb 19
Hey David, you may well likely "free yourself" of a WORLD of excess baggage
by simply considering the two basic elements of existence:
Unity (that which *includes* duality) and duality (that which *excludes*
Unity.)

For instance, lovers love lovers *and* haters, because that's what lovers
do;
haters *hate* lovers *and* haters, because that's what haters do.

One other example, "The Universe in a Donut"-

The Donut *includes* the hole;
the hole *excludes* the donut.

FYI, for a *fast* way to understanding *all* existence, unlocking *every*
word in the Bible Itself, simply read up at:
tinyurl.com/itta-TCoU and let me know how it went / goes for you ?