Siddhartha, binder of demons?

David Dalton

Mar 10, 2021, 3:19:15 PM3/10/21
Roger Zelazny’s SF novel Lord of Light describes a world
where some have taken on attributes/powers/names
fo Hindu deities, but the main character, who is a battle
against some of them, takes his inspiration from
Gautama Siddhartha, the Buddha.

But in the book he is also known as ”binder of demons”.

So I am wondering if the Buddha is known to have
bound any demons (criminal nondnabasedsomeones)
and perhaps even human criminals?

Followup-To set to alt.buddha.short.fat.guy .

"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn’t blind me
I will walk into the fire until its heat doesn’t burn me" (S. McLachlan)